Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC inside

Started by dsims2k3, February 13, 2017, 08:13:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dsims2k3

Critics pay attention to the coaching.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Letsroll1200

hog golf

was afraid to watch. how was it?
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hog golf on February 14, 2017, 11:43:16 am
was afraid to watch. how was it?

Pretty good. I saw coaches watching and analyzing film, and working with guys on the motion offense. These are things that Hogville swears doesn't happen. Must be a propaganda film put out by Jeff Long. Haha.

BallHog1

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 14, 2017, 12:34:45 pm
Pretty good. I saw coaches watching and analyzing film, and working with guys on the motion offense. These are things that Hogville swears doesn't happen. Must be a propaganda film put out by Jeff Long. Haha.
Yeah, because all the critics on here know exactly what is going on at practice during the week since they see the game on tv.....

realistichog

I'm sure MA coaches, that's what he gets paid 2.5 million a year to do. He just isn't very good at it. The X's and O's are important but the lifeblood of any BB program is recruiting and Mike sucks at it.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: BallHog1 on February 14, 2017, 01:19:29 pm
Yeah, because all the critics on here know exactly what is going on at practice during the week since they see the game on tv.....
guess it just doesn't  translate over to games. darn

cardsNhogs

Quote from: realistichog on February 14, 2017, 01:47:37 pm
I'm sure MA coaches, that's what he gets paid 2.5 million a year to do. He just isn't very good at it. The X's and O's are important but the lifeblood of any BB program is recruiting and Mike sucks at it.
He can't coach. watch this team try to rebound, guard a pick n roll, get a good look off BLOB, or stand around on offense watching someone go one-on-one

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Sivad

Does he even try very hard to recruit his couple of players per year?

FraggleHog

This quote shows me just how little you know... He's killing it on the recruiting trail...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

The show is with watching. If you like Mike, there's something's in there for you. If you do t like him, there's things in there for you too.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: FraggleHog on February 14, 2017, 04:53:17 pm
This quote shows me just how little you know... He's killing it on the recruiting trail...
You meant to say lately right, we are in this spot because he took a dump on recruiting for 2 years.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 14, 2017, 08:44:31 pm
You meant to say lately right, we are in this spot because he took a dump on recruiting for 2 years.
Sure, he didn't even try to recruit for two years and he still has a job... ::)

LRHawg

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 15, 2017, 08:39:21 am
Sure, he didn't even try to recruit for two years and he still has a job... ::)

Well I'm glad he tried! Maybe he should get a participation trophy for trying to recruit well in 2014-2015.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: LRHawg on February 15, 2017, 10:07:17 am
Well I'm glad he tried! Maybe he should get a participation trophy for trying to recruit well in 2014-2015.
Maybe you should get a participation trophy for trying your best to be an [CENSORED]. Give it up man. It's just not you. It's not a good look. ;D

LRHawg

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 15, 2017, 10:42:29 am
Maybe you should get a participation trophy for trying your best to be an [CENSORED]. Give it up man. It's just not you. It's not a good look. ;D

Just giving you a hard time. I think Mike knows he should have worked much harder at recruiting those years, as is evident by his hard work the last 2 or so. He's going to have to step it up if he wants to coach these great recruits he's got, though.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: LRHawg on February 15, 2017, 10:45:16 am
Just giving you a hard time. I think Mike knows he should have worked much harder at recruiting those years, as is evident by his hard work the last 2 or so. He's going to have to step it up if he wants to coach these great recruits he's got, though.
+1, finally something we can agree on. ;D

daprospecta

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 14, 2017, 08:44:31 pm
Took a dump or recruits not working out? Remember, Ted Kapita, who is having a good year at NC State was supposed to be here now helping Moses.  We've had unexpected changes and while I think Mike has ramped up recruiting lately, he hasn't exactly whiffed in the years previous. Two of his recruits from his early classes were NBA talents and one is still in the NBA.

The OTR

Quote from: BallHog1 on February 14, 2017, 01:19:29 pm

Ballhog, that's possibly the most enlightened post on here in all of February (albeit a short month)

John Snow

I thought the student fan was really annoying . Putting up the splash City sign after a made layup instead of a three while we were getting beat really bad against Vandy was dumb.

Quote from: John Snow on February 15, 2017, 11:42:29 am
I thought the student fan was really annoying . Putting up the splash City sign after a made layup instead of a three while we were getting beat really bad against Vandy was dumb.
What about his statement "there aren't many of us so we have to be loud"?