Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A win over South Carolina could save MA

Started by checkraiser88, February 12, 2017, 08:51:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

realistichog

God I hope not. Carolina is going to win the game so it's a mute point.

realistichog

We need to lose to Caroline,Florida and auburn and put this travesty behind us and bring in a new coach. Anything else will be a backward move.

Kevin

Quote from: root_hawg on February 14, 2017, 10:25:51 pm
MA is safe through this year and the next.  He can go NIT the next 2 years and still be safe.

if this is true, cut salaries & the budget. we aren't trying to win
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

GuvHog

A win at South Carolina would definitely put a feather in Mike's cap but I just don't see that happening.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

revolution

Quote from: root_hawg on February 14, 2017, 10:25:51 pm
MA is safe through this year and the next.  He can go NIT the next 2 years and still be safe.

You sure about that, Clarke?  (Don't take this seriously, I'm just having fun.)

Champs04

I don't care for Anderson but no matter what or who i just want Arkansas to win.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: realistichog on February 15, 2017, 12:05:01 am
God I hope not. Carolina is going to win the game so it's a mute point.

It's a mute point, yes, correct "realistic hog."

Because of this grammatical travesty, hogs win by 90.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: AugustaHog on February 14, 2017, 06:43:08 pm
I really hope we succeed and go on one hell of a run.  I just can't imagine this fanbase getting much more disinterested in a team.  This particular team is a decent ball club.  They are experiencing frustration stemming from a couple of things.  Primarily, the fans are tired of being mediocre at best at basketball.  This is the better part of two decades of suckage and no real signs of moving back to being an elite team.  Not all of that is MA's load to bear.  The disaster of Nolan's firing combined with Heath, Pelphrey, and now MA being below average is really starting to breed apathy in our fanbase.  It's not helping that we aren't getting some satisfaction in other sports.  There's no "well at least baseball/football season is about to start" because those sports are not killing it currently either.  Whatever happens, I just want to see BWA rocking again like the '90s.  That place is special when things are right.
And let's be honest about something. Another reason BWA is not rocking like it used to and the same goes for football is the ticket prices. If the tickets were cheaper in both I would go to a lot more games than I currently can afford to. And that's not including the gas money, the food money, and the hotel prices. All of this for a family of 4.

Another thing that would have BWA rocking again is for the student section to have access to the lower level seats. You see it a most arenas how the student section makes the atmosphere so much better but not at Arkansas. Even if the arena is half empty but you have that student section close to the floor and rocking from the tip it makes a huge difference in the game day atmosphere.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: realistichog on February 15, 2017, 12:11:00 am
We need to lose to Caroline,Florida and auburn and put this travesty behind us and bring in a new coach. Anything else will be a backward move.
Sarcastic or no... :-\

Youngsta71701

Quote from: revolution on February 15, 2017, 08:18:34 am
You sure about that, Clarke?  (Don't take this seriously, I'm just having fun.)
Has Jeff Long given any indication that Mike is going anywhere? You have some inside info you would like to share with the rest of us?

southeasthog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 15, 2017, 10:15:51 am
And let's be honest about something. Another reason BWA is not rocking like it used to and the same goes for football is the ticket prices.
This is false. Football attendance has been going up and someone on here tried to give tickets away to a basketball game and couldn't. It's only true for a select few that hardly go to any games anyway.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 15, 2017, 10:26:03 am
Has Jeff Long given any indication that Mike is going anywhere? You have some inside info you would like to share with the rest of us?

He did say last season that "postseason will be the standard going forward" or something to that effect. I'm sure he considers NIT postseason, though.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: southeasthog on February 15, 2017, 10:37:40 am
This is false. Football attendance has been going up and someone on here tried to give tickets away to a basketball game and couldn't. It's only true for a select few that hardly go to any games anyway.
It's not hard to see. Some people have to decide rather they're going to spend their hard earned money on football or basketball now. Can no longer afford to spend money on both. And most people I know are diehard football fans first. Including myself. If both the football program and the basketball program were great I would choose to go to the football games. I would only go to the basketball games in Little Rock or the ones that are the most important. Could no longer afford to go to all of the home games especially the ones in the middle of the week.

Nice try with the statement in bold though. If something more important comes up that day and I can't make it I would give my football or basketball tickets away rather than see them go to waste.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 15, 2017, 10:39:48 am
He did say last season that "postseason will be the standard going forward" or something to that effect. I'm sure he considers NIT postseason, though.
Being honest who knows what Jeff is thinking. But he strikes me as the type of guy that puts more emphasis on academics and running a clean program than anything else.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 15, 2017, 11:00:43 am
Being honest who knows what Jeff is thinking. But he strikes me as the type of guy that puts more emphasis on academics and running a clean program than anything else.

I think there's always a strong emphasis on that with him, but I do think we've reached the point where at least reaching the NCAA tournament is benchmark. I think Anderson will only be fired (maybe) if he loses the remaining games. All of them. If we're 18-14 (7-11), that's pretty much worse than last season, right? Last year's team a ranked team at least with a much shorter and presumably less talented roster.

justmakeit2thebcs

We need it badly.  Hogs have one win over a team with a winning SEC record (Bama).  While we have three losses to teams with losing conference records (MSU, Vandy & Mizzu) and two of those were at home. 

Dropkick

Wonder what a loss in the NIT to ASU would do?

20gauge

Quote from: Dropkick on February 15, 2017, 12:39:26 pm
Wonder what a loss in the NIT to ASU would do?
I would have to make sure all the guns in my house were empty before that game started.

revolution

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 15, 2017, 10:26:03 am

You don't know me, do you?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: revolution on February 15, 2017, 03:27:16 pm
You don't know me, do you?
Nah, I don't? Are you an insider in the Arkansas Razorback athletic program?

checkraiser88