Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe Lunardi still has us in the last 4 in...

Started by bosshog84, February 10, 2017, 09:55:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bosshog84

I didn't see this posted anywhere so I thought I would post. He has us playing Seton Hall in a play in game. Also has Tennessee as one of the last 4 teams in playing Indiana in the other play in.

lynbug

Quote from: bosshog84 on February 10, 2017, 09:55:48 am
I didn't see this posted anywhere so I thought I would post. He has us playing Seton Hall in a play in game. Also has Tennessee as one of the last 4 teams in playing Indiana in the other play in.
Well, read it an enjoy because it will probably only last for about 24 more hours.

navyhog24

We won't be after we lose to LSU, SC, and Florida. That will be 10 losses on the season. I could see them losing to Auburn as well. We aren't making the tourney and don't deserve to go.

20gauge

cardsNhogs

Well if we get in that will be the next game I watch.. No way we will

AFWarrior83

Who have we beaten to deserve a trip to the tourney?  We have racked up a decent record vs. a bunch of nobodies.
Hogville member since 2005.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: jry04 on February 07, 2017, 03:31:40 pm
Lunardi said yesterday [Feb. 6] that the bubble is the worst it has ever been this year.

(From a Jump Ball thread earlier this week)

bosshog84

Quote from: navyhog24 on February 10, 2017, 10:10:00 am
We won't be after we lose to LSU, SC, and Florida. That will be 10 losses on the season. I could see them losing to Auburn as well. We aren't making the tourney and don't deserve to go.

That's what I'm thinking. We lose tomorrow and we won't be anywhere near in. That would be losses to the bottom 2 teams in the conference. Losses to Missouri and LSU who at the time we played them both had double digit losing streaks. I was surprised when I saw he still had us in the field. We just got obliterated at home by a team under.500. Our only win against a team currently projected in the field is Tennessee.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Wisco Pig on February 10, 2017, 10:36:09 am
(From a Jump Ball thread earlier this week)

Which is totally consistent with what many have been saying for the past few years; college basketball as a product is getting worse every year.  A combination of one-and-done, the AAU system, and coddling recruits.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 10, 2017, 11:41:59 am
Which is totally consistent with what many have been saying for the past few years; college basketball as a product is getting worse every year.

I've lived in Big 10 country for 25+ years and watch my share of those games.  The Big 10 looks about as bland and uninspiring from top to bottom as I've ever seen it.   Yet, Lunardi has seven Big 10 teams in his field, including Indiana, which has an RPI of 81.   Palm at CBS has eight Big 10 teams in his field, including Ohio State (65 RPI) and Michigan (74).   None of those three teams passes a simple eye test -- each has a couple of good players, but as teams they're just not that good.

hobhog

All we had to do was beat two bad teams, Mizzou and Vandy, and we are on track. Instead we put it in the ditches.

This will get ugly.

Youngsta71701

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: 20gauge on February 10, 2017, 10:19:26 am
So in but not in according to him.
Technically we're in the field of 68. Not saying much at this point but it is what it is.

rljjr

We have a good 3 to 4 wins left in this team, and that includes the SECT.

Next1_04

Quote from: rljjr on February 10, 2017, 12:49:52 pm
We have a good 3 to 4 wins left in this team, and that includes the SECT.

Id believe this if Mizzou and Vandy wouldn't have happened sadly.

Sivad

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 10, 2017, 12:29:09 pm
Technically we're in the field of 68. Not saying much....
...for the difficulty of getting in the NCAA tourney.

bosshog84

Let's say we win 4 out of our last 7 (losing @SC, @Aub, @FL) and win a game in the SECT. Wins over a bad LSU team on the road and 3 very mediocre teams at home. We somehow barely squeak in the field of 68. Mike would almost certainly keep his job then correct? I will never root against the team not to win a game or not to make the big dance, but I also know that Mike has to go. It's a really tough position to be in for us fans.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: bosshog84 on February 10, 2017, 01:10:59 pm
Let's say we win 4 out of our last 7 (losing @SC, @Aub, @FL) and win a game in the SECT. Wins over a bad LSU team on the road and 3 very mediocre teams at home. We somehow barely squeak in the field of 68. Mike would almost certainly keep his job then correct? I will never root against the team not to win a game or not to make the big dance, but I also know that Mike has to go. It's a really tough position to be in for us fans.

It shouldn't be.  I don't care how poor a job CMA might be doing, I can't root for the Hogs to lose.  They're my team.  And the players deserve better from the fans than that. 
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Hawg Red

Quote from: bosshog84 on February 10, 2017, 01:10:59 pm

I'm right there with you. It's time to move on, even if we make the tournament. I just have no faith or trust left. There's going to be no real success under Mike. Maybe year here or there, but those will culminate with getting bounced in the 2nd round at best.

If we are in the conversation of the NCAA tournament selection weekend, we will be retained. Even if we don't get in. I think if we get to 20 wins, he'll be back. It has to keep getting bad, bad, bad. Massive lack of attendance, boos by those there, and more losses. Where does this team find the fight if no crowd behind them? We play 3 teams at home that could easily beat us with small crowds. I bet we win one of those games. We win maybe one more road game, but that might be a stretch.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 10, 2017, 01:37:52 pm
It shouldn't be.  I don't care how poor a job CMA might be doing, I can't root for the Hogs to lose.  They're my team.  And the players deserve better from the fans than that.

Do you continue to cheer for players that have given up? If they don't care, why should we? Just a thought. I don't think I could cheer for them to lose either, but it does beg the question.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 10, 2017, 01:42:26 pm
Do you continue to cheer for players that have given up? If they don't care, why should we? Just a thought. I don't think I could cheer for them to lose either, but it does beg the question.

I don't think they've given up, and I do think they care. 

I believe that, like most kids their age, they get down on themselves when things are going badly.  And it only makes it worse for them when (1) their coach doesn't have a clue how to stem the tide; and (2) the fans stop supporting them. 

rljjr

Quote from: Next1_04 on February 10, 2017, 12:58:30 pm
Id believe this if Mizzou and Vandy wouldn't have happened sadly.

Well I meant it as a bad thing. We might beat LSU, aTm, and Ole Miss. The others I'm almost certain will be losses, unless we get really lucky and beat Auburn at their place. That's about as good as it gets.

The_Iceman

After we lose by 15 to LSU tomorrow, we will be out and never to be seen again. That's what you get with Mediocre Mike!

daprospecta

As much as I want CMA to be our coach, if we look unprepared at LSU, I.................hard to say.................I think a change might be in order.  We still have a shot at the tourney according to the most accurate bracketologist.  We finish 4-2 and take one in the SECT, we are sweating.  Six more wins and we are still a lock IMO.  Come on Mike. Get this team ready and make us proud!!!!!!!!

FineAsSwine

Surprised to see that Lunardi still mentions the Hogs. Thought that was over with. Would need to almost win out to stay in the field.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 10, 2017, 01:52:06 pm
After we lose by 15 to LSU tomorrow, we will be out and never to be seen again. That's what you get with Mediocre Mike!

Ha. No way we lose by 15 tomorrow. If I was a betting man I'd for sure take that.

Pork Twain

Too bad for us that there are still several games to play.  Not sure that finishing 5th-7th in the SEC is a sure thing for a tourney invite.

@ LSU W
@ 19 SC L
vs MISS W
vs TAMU W
@ AUB L
@ 17 FLA L
vs UGA W
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hawg Red

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 10, 2017, 02:11:18 pm
Too bad for us that there are still several games to play.

@ LSU W
@ 19 SC L
vs MISS W
vs TAMU W
@ AUB L
@ 17 FLA L
vs UGA W

You have been very generous.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: JimDandy on February 10, 2017, 02:11:14 pm
Ha. No way we lose by 15 tomorrow. If I was a betting man I'd for sure take that.

I don't think we will lose by 15. But I would never and I mean never bet on MA on the road

daprospecta

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 10, 2017, 02:11:18 pm
Too bad for us that there are still several games to play.  Not sure that finishing 5th-7th in the SEC is a sure thing for a tourney invite.

@ LSU W
@ 19 SC L
vs MISS W
vs TAMU W
@ AUB L
@ 17 FLA L
vs UGA W
While we have dropped the last two, this is still a solid team guys. I, for some reason, think we beat USC and Auburn. I would not be shocked if we finish 6-1 and I also would not be shocked if we finish 3-4. 

Sivad

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 10, 2017, 02:17:13 pm
I would never and I mean never bet on MA on the road
Not even against a craptastic team like LSU?

HOGINTENNESSEE

HognitiveDissonance

I'm also surprised to see a mention of a possible bracket bid.

The beauty for me is I can't lose.
If the Hogs win enough, and luck into the NCAA, I win. My team wins. And I'm not going to go back on my word, he makes the NCAAs, he has my support for another year.
If they look like crap as lately, I win, as it might force a change.

Since I can't control what happens anyway, I'm not worried about it.

I hope we make the NCAAs, or completely puke, please don't let us be a 21-10 team that barely misses out! But that's probably what will happen. Again.

HOGINTENNESSEE

I'm hoping for the tournament as well. I won't be hoping for failure

Sivad

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 10, 2017, 04:33:15 pm
I'm hoping for the tournament as well.
Of course. The best scenario would be to somehow slip in, then after the season, Anderson proves he really does "love Arkansas" and resigns with dignity and millions of Arkansas dollars thereby allowing Razorback BB to move forward and upward unchained by the failing past.

realistichog

I've quit watching anyway so I don't have to root against them. I just don't want there to be any excuse to keep Mike.

Letsroll1200

mjsphd

If Lunardi's prognostications were to stay exactly the same (they obviously won't), going into the conference tournaments, "the last 4 in", would likely be out, due to the tournament upsets which almost always happen.

jry04

As said 100 times, the bubble is weak this year. Arkansas beat a bad LSU team, and will probably jump into most brackets they weren't in due to other bubble teams losing. Cuse lost to a bad Pitt team, Seton Hall to a bad St John's team, Marquette to a bad Georgetown team, Ksu, Texas Tech, Auburn, Tennessee, Rhode Island, Ohio State, TCU, Clemson all lost, and the list keeps going of teams considered a 10 seed all the way to first four out losing. Today, Michigan and Indiana play each other so an opportunity for another bubble team to lose.

popcornhog

Quote from: navyhog24 on February 10, 2017, 10:10:00 am

Huh? Didn't we beat LSU?
WPS

jjdlc

The bubble is very weak this year, and the SEC as a whole is getting more respect than they have lately.  It's deserved in my opinion, the SEC is better this year than it has been in a while.  Still, it doesn't say much for us that we may limp in to the field in a year when no one seems to be able to lock up those lower seeds.

lynbug

Yesterday afternoon on CBS the commentators released the "committees" full bracket (as of yesterday, of course).  We were not in.  They did not go into any "first four out" scenarios.  However, I think SC and FL will definitely push us out of the picture.  Barely beating the worst team in the league didn't help us much.

lynbug

Quote from: jry04 on February 12, 2017, 08:37:00 am
As said 100 times, the bubble is weak this year. Arkansas beat a bad LSU team, and will probably jump into most brackets they weren't in due to other bubble teams losing. Cuse lost to a bad Pitt team, Seton Hall to a bad St John's team, Marquette to a bad Georgetown team, Ksu, Texas Tech, Auburn, Tennessee, Rhode Island, Ohio State, TCU, Clemson all lost, and the list keeps going of teams considered a 10 seed all the way to first four out losing. Today, Michigan and Indiana play each other so an opportunity for another bubble team to lose.
Excellent synopsis of how we could "limp in".  I didn't bother checking the full scoreboard.  I was too busy recovering from the headache of yet another roller coaster ride.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: jry04 on February 12, 2017, 08:37:00 am
Would you rather us beat LSU or lose to them? Would you rather us beat LSU or lose like we did to Missouri and Vandy? Have a nice day... ;D

HogsonHicks

Quote from: lynbug on February 12, 2017, 10:30:29 am
Yesterday afternoon on CBS the commentators released the "committees" full bracket (as of yesterday, of course).  We were not in.  They did not go into any "first four out" scenarios.  However, I think SC and FL will definitely push us out of the picture.  Barely beating the worst team in the league didn't help us much.

The committee only formally released the top four seeds as of now. The remainder of what they showed was Jerry Palm's assumed bracket, not the committee's. It wasn't an official status.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 10, 2017, 12:29:09 pm
Technically we're in the field of 68. Not saying much at this point but it is what it is.

Better than being completely out.

lynbug

It's seeds 12-16 where things get crazy down the stretch.   And, if we're lucky, that's probably the seeds we'll be competing for.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 12, 2017, 03:45:57 pm
Better than being completely out.
So you saying there's a chance. lol...

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Article/Arkansas-Razorbacks-still-have-path-to-NCAA-Tournament-51253999?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=170213_082924_Arkansas%20Razorbacks&utm_content=Image

Pork Twain

Quote from: daprospecta on February 10, 2017, 02:30:11 pm
While we have dropped the last two, this is still a solid team guys. I, for some reason, think we beat USC and Auburn. I would not be shocked if we finish 6-1 and I also would not be shocked if we finish 3-4. 
That would be why have them winning so many
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hogsanity

Quote from: lynbug on February 12, 2017, 04:30:57 pm
It's seeds 12-16 where things get crazy down the stretch.   And, if we're lucky, that's probably the seeds we'll be competing for.

12-16 seeds are almost always auto bids from one bid leagues like the swac. Since the advent of the 4 play in games, usually the 11 seeds are the last at large teams. Not a hard and fast rule, but it has been the trend
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE