Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wednesday's Game Looks Unlikely (Game Cancelled)

Started by Baconomics, March 28, 2017, 08:44:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Baconomics

March 28, 2017, 08:44:23 am Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 03:08:10 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
I was hoping to invite a friend to the game on Wednesday... until I looked at the forecast.  Ugh.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Forecast.aspx?location=USAR0189

dotnet

CJ HOG

Honestly, a rain out might be for the best imo. With an RPI of 277, even a win hurts our numbers. Outside of getting the young pitchers some live game experience, I can't find the upside.

I might even try a rain dance or two.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: CJ HOG on March 28, 2017, 09:15:21 am
Honestly, a rain out might be for the best imo. With an RPI of 277, even a win hurts our numbers. Outside of getting the young pitchers some live game experience, I can't find the upside.

These are my thoughts as well.   I guess it can't be avoided sometimes, but I wish the Hogs would stop scheduling SWAC teams.

ThisTeetsTaken

Don't like games during Church services anyway.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Razorback7281

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

Kevin

hope they can find a replacement. hurts the win total. that is the most important number
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

JHicks3636

We were going to be the only SEC team playing on Wednesday. The rest play today. With us going on the road again starting Friday, I am not sorry to see the cancellation.

SPAL

Good. I did this wanna play the RPI destroyers anyway.

ricepig

Maybe we can somehow work in a DH with Mizzou St or KSU.

jbell96

Quote from: Kevin on March 28, 2017, 11:17:38 am
hope they can find a replacement. hurts the win total. that is the most important number

Just curious, why do you think one win in the non conference will make a big difference in our win total? I mean I know it's an automatic win, but that game kills our RPI even if we win.

Kevin

Quote from: jbell96 on March 29, 2017, 11:05:10 am
Just curious, why do you think one win in the non conference will make a big difference in our win total? I mean I know it's an automatic win, but that game kills our RPI even if we win.

I will not go on my usual rant about the flaws of the rpi. after many years of following this process, the razorbacks just need to win games. the number of wins is the most important factor for the hogs. for instance 40 wins looks a lot better than 39.

I think the hogs need to be at 38 and above wins to be considered a host site.

that is why I think 1 win matters
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22