Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Ever?

Started by soooieman, June 14, 2017, 04:50:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

soooieman

What is this recruiting class ranked? The draft could not have been better for us. I can't recall a pitching staff as salty as what we will have coming back. Even in 2009 we did not have this depth. I'm beyond stoked for next year. Anything short of Omaha and a national seed will be disappointing. WPS!!!

dotnet

best ever....thread?

bulldog04

Probably the best class to come to campus I can remember

factchecker

All depends on who truly makes it to campus but here is a nice video with some of our top prospects:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

SPAL

Maybe on paper but let's not get ahead. The recruits are unproven at this level, Campbell is a first round talent but he hasn't proven it yet. While we do have nice power, we should still proceed with caution for as much power as we had, we also popped up and struck out too often with risp.

With that said....I'm sure DVH has gotten a good night's sleep lately.

HogFoo

So, who do we think will be coming?  I kept seeing on twitter these guys we had recruited getting picked.  But , who knows what kind of money will be thrown at them.  I saw where the SS/P Bonnin I think was his name said he was headed to Fayettevillle.   He has a 92mph fastball.  That's nice.  We wont know whos coming into I guess until school starts then they are locked in.  Do we think Knight will be back or is he gone?  Rangers got him pretty late 29th round.   Saw where Bonfield headed back for another year.  Hopefully these kids realize the benefits of coming to college.  Look at Taco.  he came back and went from 16th round to the 10th round.  Not bad. 

I'm gonna be positive cuz we will have a great base to work off.  Fletcher, Cole, biggers, Koch, bonfield, gates/Kenley,  plus the one kid that got hurt that was a 3rd baseman before season Hopefully McKinney is back and strong.  Murphy will be great, Cronin i think will be a stud.  If Knight does come back, our pitching will be very nice!   Havent heard anything on Shaddy.  Some thought he might come back another year?  I didn't see his name in any draft stuff.  Anyways.   it'll be interesting to see what happens.  Lots of talent again for next year.  I look for another regional and I hope we get to play MoSt. again.  I want to kick their ass!  Their coach and fans and players were the biggest Dbags!   everytime they struck out they would yap at the ump!  every single time!   
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

jry04

Quote from: HogFoo on June 14, 2017, 05:47:23 pm
So, who do we think will be coming?  I kept seeing on twitter these guys we had recruited getting picked.  But , who knows what kind of money will be thrown at them.  I saw where the SS/P Bonnin I think was his name said he was headed to Fayettevillle.   He has a 92mph fastball.  That's nice.  We wont know whos coming into I guess until school starts then they are locked in.  Do we think Knight will be back or is he gone?  Rangers got him pretty late 29th round.   Saw where Bonfield headed back for another year.  Hopefully these kids realize the benefits of coming to college.  Look at Taco.  he came back and went from 16th round to the 10th round.  Not bad. 

I'm gonna be positive cuz we will have a great base to work off.  Fletcher, Cole, biggers, Koch, bonfield, gates/Kenley,  plus the one kid that got hurt that was a 3rd baseman before season Hopefully McKinney is back and strong.  Murphy will be great, Cronin i think will be a stud.  If Knight does come back, our pitching will be very nice!   Havent heard anything on Shaddy.  Some thought he might come back another year?  I didn't see his name in any draft stuff.  Anyways.   it'll be interesting to see what happens.  Lots of talent again for next year.  I look for another regional and I hope we get to play MoSt. again.  I want to kick their ass!  Their coach and fans and players were the biggest Dbags!   everytime they struck out they would yap at the ump!  every single time!   
Knight is 100% coming back. Those teams cannot pay for him or Bonnin that late.

soooieman

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 14, 2017, 05:29:11 pm
Maybe on paper but let's not get ahead. The recruits are unproven at this level, Campbell is a first round talent but he hasn't proven it yet. While we do have nice power, we should still proceed with caution for as much power as we had, we also popped up and struck out too often with risp.

With that said....I'm sure DVH has gotten a good night's sleep lately.
Good point. We did have some bad timely hitting in the regional. I like our arms against anybody next year tho.

soooieman

Quote from: dotnet on June 14, 2017, 04:56:40 pm
best ever....thread?
I hope that's ok. I know it is a Hogville requirement for at least one person to be a jerk on each thread. Quota hit. Thanks.