Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Redbird Rundown VI

Started by Hogtropolis™, April 04, 2012, 09:54:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

Yep. Pile up those wins early cause we will hit a summer slump, but rally strong.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

clutch

Quote from: bsking on April 17, 2012, 11:22:26 pm
Some of you may remember me dropping by last year after getting a long hard look at Matt Adams and saying how he's going to be something special.  Well he got moved to Memphis this year and his stats through 12 games are:

.413, 3HR, 7 RBI, 1.145 OPS

And yeah, he's 23.  This, Cardinals fans is your first baseman of the future.

Yeah I've heard nothing but good things about him. I'm glad he got moved to Memphis since I live close. I look forward to watching him quite a bit this summer.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hoghappy

johnny cash

Cards looking like going to win another series 11 to 1 in the eighth. This team looks really good so far. I've almost forgot about losing Albert.

dacskc

Man, I just don't get people who don't like baseball. I'm loving this team. There is just the right mix of veterans and youth and Matheny so far seems way more hands-off than TLR. (although who wouldn't be?) Al and Dan were opining earlier in the season that their styles were very similar, but I'm not seeing it. I loved that the camera caught Wainwright, Westbrook and Carp as Larry, Moe and Curly, lol. I doubt this laid-back attitude will be so prevalent when the inevitable losing streak comes, but it sure is fun right now. Pujols who?

The Boar War

Solid outing for Garcia.  Go Cards.

pigture perfect

Awesome game tonight. The best thing about this good start is that we are beating up on the Cetral.

clutch

Quote from: dacskc on April 18, 2012, 10:43:38 pm
Man, I just don't get people who don't like baseball. I'm loving this team. There is just the right mix of veterans and youth and Matheny so far seems way more hands-off than TLR. (although who wouldn't be?) Al and Dan were opining earlier in the season that their styles were very similar, but I'm not seeing it. I loved that the camera caught Wainwright, Westbrook and Carp as Larry, Moe and Curly, lol. I doubt this laid-back attitude will be so prevalent when the inevitable losing streak comes, but it sure is fun right now. Pujols who?

I think that loose attitude has a lot to do with this good start. The guys seem like they are out there having fun. That's what baseball is all about. If you have fun doing what your doing you are going to play a lot better. Add in the fact that they have the confidence of being world champs and things get even better. I absolutely love this lineup though. Man they are fun to watch. They can put up some runs too.

clutch

Dang. Wainwright gives up a bomb to Brandon freakin Phillips. I would have never guessed that through the first 3 weeks Wainwright would be our week link.

clutch

Immediately followed by a 2 run shot from Ludwick.

jbell96

Waino is still working the rust off right now. If it wasn't for Lohse, Lynn, & Garcia picking up the slack I'd be more concerned than I am. I say he's back to normal by mid May. Carp was terrible at the start of last year only to carry us past Philly in the NLDS and clinch the WS for us. We'll be fine.

johnny cash

clutch

Yeah I think he will be fine eventually. I think it's still a little soon for him to be back to old form. He may be going through a slight dead arm period.

Honestly though, I'd rather have the rest of the rotation pitching like they are now than just a normal Wainwright. He will figure out a way to still get it done without his best stuff until his arm comes around. Lohse has been unbelievable though.

pigture perfect

Magic #146

Lance Lynn up for the Cards. He's looked good so far this year. Hopefully we keep our bats hot and give him some run support.

FS Hog

I wonder how long they can keep this up. Best long run I remember was in 2004, they only lost one series from the end of May until mid August.  Seems every time Dish shows the game on an ALT channel they lose :(

johnny cash

Cards and pirates tonight, man I was thinking how well Albert hit at that ball park he tore it up. Hopefully Hollidays bat comes to life tonite he is showing signs lately.

jbell96

Quote from: johnny cash on April 20, 2012, 04:47:36 pm
Cards and pirates tonight, man I was thinking how well Albert hit at that ball park he tore it up. Hopefully Hollidays bat comes to life tonite he is showing signs lately.

MH just has to be more patient at the plate. He's been expanding his zone way too much. Once he quits doing that the hits will come. Him getting a homer yesterday will hopefully boost him.

clutch

I don't think he's far away. He has been hitting a lot of hard balls, just hitting a lot of stuff right at people. His numbers will be there at the end of the year.

FS Hog

Hopefully Hollidays bat comes to life tonite he is showing signs lately.
Hopefully he'll never participate in the home run derby again. He's been in a slump ever since.

johnny cash

Beltran has been a great pick up so far. Lynn still pitching good through 6.

dacskc

Anybody heard a new ETA on Carp? Last I heard was sometime in May....maybe.

johnny cash

I read somewhere that it would be mid may when Carp returns.

The Boar War

4-1 win over the Pirates in the series opener.  Our guys have to learn to stop running full speed into the wall.  First Jay now Skip.

johnny cash

Quote from: The Boar War on April 20, 2012, 11:42:38 pm
4-1 win over the Pirates in the series opener.  Our guys have to learn to stop running full speed into the wall.  First Jay now Skip.
no kidding skip says he's ok, both hit really hard.

pigture perfect

Man AJ was beastly tonight. Westbrook pitched well enough to win on most nights.

johnny cash

Not scoring with base's loaded in the first hurt.

johnny cash

Another series win for Cards, now on to Wrigley.

FS Hog

Finally! Since the opening game against Miami, the Cards won a game I could see. I was beginning to wonder if I was a jinx :)

clutch

Did anybody else have to watch the games with no commentators? There were no announcers yesterday or today on my TV. It was weird.  You could hear the crowd and all the sounds of the game, but no play by play guys. Don't know what the deal was. I figured last night that they were just having a technical difficulty that they couldn't get fixed before the game ended. I was really surprised when it was the same way today though.

FS Hog

I heard Dan and Al today.

johnny cash

I heard Dan and Al all weekend.

The Hogfather

Anyone with UVerse watching the Cards consistently?

pigture perfect

johnny cash

Motte had first blown save. Gotta take next two.

pigture perfect

I know. I was so sure we would win, I started watching something else andI catch the final score. Bummer. We'll be alright though.

johnny cash

Holliday gives us lead with 2 run HR. hope Motte shuts them done tonight.

The Boar War

I hate watching the Cubs celebrating like they've won the World Series (or how I would imagine they would act) when they win a game in an April series.

FWIW we're not a cold weather team.

pigture perfect

Our starters have been lights out except for Waino. Now he has a good outing and we blow it again in the final at bat. No worries though. We'll be ok.

The Boar War

Anybody watching today's game and thinking about this:

I hope one of those sea gulls craps on Soriano.

pigture perfect

Good game today. Freese is turning out a pretty good year so far.

jbell96

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 25, 2012, 01:00:55 pm
Our starters have been lights out except for Waino. Now he has a good outing and we blow it again in the final at bat. No worries though. We'll be ok.

We didn't blow that game as much as the umps gave it to the Cubs. DeJesus never touched home on that sac fly and the runner was out at 2nd in the 10th. That said, good bounce back today. Lance Lynn is the real deal and Freese again with some timely, clutch hitting.

FS Hog

Quote from: The Boar War on April 25, 2012, 03:58:31 pm
Anybody watching today's game and thinking about this:

I hope one of those sea gulls craps on Soriano.
LOL

FS Hog

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 25, 2012, 04:26:15 pm
Good game today. Freese is turning out a pretty good year so far.
Knock on wood he stays healthy. So far seems as he goes so go the Cards.

pigture perfect

It sure appears that the Cards front office made the right decision about AP. No HR's yet, in 19 games. (2nd longest streak) No hits in his last 5 games. (0-19) longest streak of his career. I still love the guy, but i'm afraid his best days are behind him.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 25, 2012, 11:18:45 pm
It sure appears that the Cards front office made the right decision about AP. No HR's yet, in 19 games. (2nd longest streak) No hits in his last 5 games. (0-19) longest streak of his career. I still love the guy, but i'm afraid his best days are behind him.
It appears that way right now.  I'm wondering if the pitchers have the upper hand on him right now since he has never faced a lot of them before.

I like to think it's a curse for him snubbing the Cards.  Kind of the opposite of what the Red Sox curse was with Ruth.

The Hogfather

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 25, 2012, 11:18:45 pm

Definitely early and I think he has some good years ahead of him, but I think we made the right decision.  And, if I'm honest, I think he made the best decision for him.

pigture perfect

I don't think he made the best decision for him unless it is just about the money. I believe the St. Louis fans would have been more patient with him, because he had earned enough credit with these fans. Out there, he needs to prove himself.

FS Hog

Quote from: clutch on April 22, 2012, 05:15:35 pm
Did anybody else have to watch the games with no commentators? There were no announcers yesterday or today on my TV. It was weird.  You could hear the crowd and all the sounds of the game, but no play by play guys. Don't know what the deal was. I figured last night that they were just having a technical difficulty that they couldn't get fixed before the game ended. I was really surprised when it was the same way today though.
Some on Satguys forum are having sound problems with their RSNs on Dish network.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-forum/283086-no-sound-my-rsn-hd-feeds.html

johnny cash

The fans in st Louis would have been behind him all the way n a slump. They love there players up there. He made a mistake leaving the best baseball city in the world.