Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LeGerald Vick (2015 BBall SG)

Started by -Blu, August 04, 2014, 03:21:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

I was reading an article about Terrance Davis committing to Ole Miss, and came across a twitter conversation he had with LeGerald Vick, which is a current target of ours.

Vick
Its coming soon bro im taking visits @TerenceDavisJr

Davis
That FSU visit gone be nice. You might commit on the spot

Vick
That might happen lol but cant speak cause i still got Ark, Cincy, an Memphis @TerenceDavisJr

So from that, his official visits will be FSU, Ark, Cincy, and Memphis.  So were at least in his top 4 right now.

The_Iceman

mhuff

Hawg Red

Clearer picture starting to come together, as expected. Officials from Whitt, Dime and Vick.

-Blu

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 04, 2014, 03:31:06 pm
He just looks like a SG that would fit perfect on our team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVlgFbM_E5E

Yes he does, we've been on him a while now.  Most have him at 6'4-6'5 and list him as a wing, so I'm thinking he's a guy that if he played in our system would play the "3 spot" as a bigger guard, like Qualls currently does. 

And after re-reading that conversation and looking at his offer list, I'm not sure if he's taking an official to FSU or not, just from those tweets.  His friend (Terrance Davis) was the one that said something about FSU, he didn't confirm or deny visiting them, and FSU just offered last week.  Could just be looking at just taking a visit to Cinny, Ark, and Memphis for now.  I will say it's a good sign that he didn't mention Ole Miss, he now has 2 AAU teammates that play for them and they've been recruiting him for a while.

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 04, 2014, 04:09:01 pm
Clearer picture starting to come together, as expected. Officials from Whitt, Dime and Vick.

I'm thinking Dime is the long shot out of that group.  I feel really good about Whitt, this is from no information, but just my feeling on everything I've read and seen from him, I think he'll commit on his visit on Aug 15-16. 

As far as Vick, if he would have mentioned Ole Miss I would have assumed them to be the leader, since he has AAU teammates on there and they've recruited him for a while.  We'll have to keep an eye on him to see, but we definitely seem to be at the top of his list.  And if we lose Qualls after this year, he would be a very solid replacement to groom in that "3" spot.

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on August 04, 2014, 04:17:30 pm
I'm thinking Dime is the long shot out of that group.  I feel really good about Whitt, this is from no information, but just my feeling on everything I've read and seen from him, I think he'll commit on his visit on Aug 15-16. 

As far as Vick, if he would have mentioned Ole Miss I would have assumed them to be the leader, since he has AAU teammates on there and they've recruited him for a while.  We'll have to keep an eye on him to see, but we definitely seem to be at the top of his list.  And if we lose Qualls after this year, he would be a very solid replacement to groom in that "3" spot.

Yeah, I think Dime is a long shot, too. We have Portis, Kingsley and Thompson that could be back next season and he's only going to have 2 years of eligibility. We won't know until later in the season or even after the season if Portis is going pro.

But at least we got an official visit. Hopefully that's a result of some good connections at Indian Hills C.C. Jameel McKay was also looking at us when he was there, so we need a pipeline there, if possible.

Dominicanhog

Vick and Whitt would be a nice set of guards that would solidify the backcourt for several years... both look defensive with nice stroke and ability to get to the rim... both perfect for Mike's style.

The_Iceman

Dime doesn't really fit what we need. In 2015, we will have Moses as a Junior and Thompson as a Soph. Both are true Centers and can't really play PF in our system.

What we really need in 2015 is a good PF to replace Portis and Harris. Someone around 6'8" that has a good skill set.

The_Bionic_Pig

That's the weekend we get The University Alabama football program at home....man the stadium crowd that awaits him will be Legendary!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The real Hogules

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 05, 2014, 12:53:09 pm
Dime doesn't really fit what we need. In 2015, we will have Moses as a Junior and Thompson as a Soph. Both are true Centers and can't really play PF in our system.

What we really need in 2015 is a good PF to replace Portis and Harris. Someone around 6'8" that has a good skill set.

I think that after Moses gets another year of developing his game, that in his Jr season we may see him  (assuming we sign a true low post player or two) playing some PF.
The guy can actually step away from the rim and has decent range and good form.
And he moves his feet well and doesn't do a whole lot of reaching in when playing defense.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

klp1

Here is another new video.  This guy needs to be a Razorback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roknp3jHEyM

mhuff

Quote from: The real Hogules on August 05, 2014, 01:11:48 pm
I think that after Moses gets another year of developing his game, that in his Jr season we may see him  (assuming we sign a true low post player or two) playing some PF.
The guy can actually step away from the rim and has decent range and good form.
And he moves his feet well and doesn't do a whole lot of reaching in when playing defense.

This young man has grown by leaps and bounds from the first time I saw him several years ago. He just seems to soak up all that is taught him. He really does move his feet and will work to get position unlike others.

intelligence

Quote from: mhuff on August 07, 2014, 02:28:39 pm
This young man has grown by leaps and bounds from the first time I saw him several years ago. He just seems to soak up all that is taught him. He really does move his feet and will work to get position unlike others.

I understand the excitement over Moses' potential, but do we really need all the sensationalism. Let's just wait and see what happens instead of pretending to know

farmhawg

Quote from: intelligence on August 09, 2014, 10:01:04 pm
I understand the excitement over Moses' potential, but do we really need all the sensationalism. Let's just wait and see what happens instead of pretending to know
sheesh......
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Hawg Red

I don't see what's so wrong with mhuff's statement. Sounds like a reasonable assessment.

20gauge

FWIW I heard some Memphis guys talking on the radio about Vick. They seemed to be pretty sure he would be a Hog. I guess we will see.

Hawg Red

Quote from: 20gauge on August 11, 2014, 02:46:40 pm
FWIW I heard some Memphis guys talking on the radio about Vick. They seemed to be pretty sure he would be a Hog. I guess we will see.

Very interesting.

Thanks for the info.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 11, 2014, 02:59:51 pm
Very interesting.

Thanks for the info.

Does this kid step in in place of someone?  Is he in place of missing on someone else?  Excuse my lack of basketball recruiting knowledge in August. 

-Blu

Quote from: 20gauge on August 11, 2014, 02:46:40 pm

This was Memphis station?  And thanks for the info.

-Blu

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 11, 2014, 03:39:25 pm
Does this kid step in in place of someone?  Is he in place of missing on someone else?  Excuse my lack of basketball recruiting knowledge in August.

Well, technically we currently only have 2 spots available for the 2015 class (Harris and Madden Graduating).  However, both Portis and Qualls will have an opportunity to leave early if they have good years, so you have to be prepared to replace those guys and recruit as if you know they are leaving.

Now the following is just my assumption.  Say Portis and Qualls stays, As of right now things are looking good for us getting Whitt, so he would get Madden's scholarship.  The second available scholarship just depends on what the staff wants to do, then can get another forward, a guy like Melvin Frazier, or they could even take a Wing player like Vick, because we do have good depth in our front court, especially if Portis returns.

The_Iceman

Quote from: -Blu on August 11, 2014, 03:53:01 pm
Well, technically we currently only have 2 spots available for the 2015 class (Harris and Madden Graduating).  However, both Portis and Qualls will have an opportunity to leave early if they have good years, so you have to be prepared to replace those guys and recruit as if you know they are leaving.

Now the following is just my assumption.  Say Portis and Qualls stays, As of right now things are looking good for us getting Whitt, so he would get Madden's scholarship.  The second available scholarship just depends on what the staff wants to do, then can get another forward, a guy like Melvin Frazier, or they could even take a Wing player like Vick, because we do have good depth in our front court, especially if Portis returns.

We wouldn't be in bad shape if we replaced Madden, Qualls, Harris, and Portis with Dusty Hannahs, Jimmy Whitt, LeGerald Vick, and Melvin Frazier.

PG: Beard / Durham
G: Bell / Hannahs
G: Whitt / Babb / Vick
F: Miles / Williams / Frazier
C: Kingsley / Thompson

-Blu

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 11, 2014, 04:02:25 pm
We wouldn't be in bad shape if we replaced Madden, Qualls, Harris, and Portis with Dusty Hannahs, Jimmy Whitt, LeGerald Vick, and Melvin Frazier.

PG: Beard / Durham
G: Bell / Hannahs
G: Whitt / Babb / Vick
F: Miles / Williams / Frazier
C: Kingsley / Thompson

Left out 1 scholarship, Dusty Hannahs took Dee Wagner's scholarship.  So we would still have 1 more to use.  If Portis leaves, I'm almost certain the staff would bring in another guy that can play the 4/5 that's a quality player.  From the sounds of Malik Dime saying the staff talks to him almost everyday, that kind a confirms they are preparing for a replacement if he does leave. 

20gauge

Quote from: -Blu on August 11, 2014, 03:44:40 pm
This was Memphis station?  And thanks for the info.
92.9 ESPN station out of Memphis. They talk everything Memphis. Its the Gary Parrish show, I listen on the way home from work. Every tuesday they have their local insiders talking about the tigers and about recruiting. Most of the talk lately is about the Lawsons.
During the conversation they got talking about Memphis not having experienced guards this year, not a one has played a college minute and probably no superstars either.

Then they bring up possible future guards. When they mentioned Vick it was said, Legerald Vick who is probably going to end up at Arkansas would be a good fit for the Tigers.

Honestly this was the first time I had heard the kids name. So we will see if the guy knows what hes talking about or if he was just guessing.

-Blu

Quote from: 20gauge on August 12, 2014, 10:18:29 am
92.9 ESPN station out of Memphis. They talk everything Memphis. Its the Gary Parrish show, I listen on the way home from work. Every tuesday they have their local insiders talking about the tigers and about recruiting. Most of the talk lately is about the Lawsons.
During the conversation they got talking about Memphis not having experienced guards this year, not a one has played a college minute and probably no superstars either.

Then they bring up possible future guards. When they mentioned Vick it was said, Legerald Vick who is probably going to end up at Arkansas would be a good fit for the Tigers.

Honestly this was the first time I had heard the kids name. So we will see if the guy knows what hes talking about or if he was just guessing.

Cool, thanks again for sharing.

The Hogfather

The_Iceman

Arkansas WR

Vick and Whitt would be two sweet pickups

onebadrubi

Quote from: Arkansas WR on August 12, 2014, 11:36:47 am
Vick and Whitt would be two sweet pickups

Can we take both if Portis leaves after this year?

Hawg Red

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 12, 2014, 12:05:21 pm
Can we take both if Portis leaves after this year?

Sure. We could take both if he doesn't.

RazorAg

Quote from: 20gauge on August 12, 2014, 10:18:29 am

Local Memphis people are really high on Vick.  I can't remember if it was John Martin or Jason Smith, who both work for the Commercial Appeal, that had Vick as the 2nd best player in Memphis regardless of class.

Paul

Josh can't take every talented kid in Memphis...there's not enough room on his bench for many more assistant coaches!   ;)

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 12, 2014, 12:12:48 pm
Sure. We could take both if he doesn't.

But if Portis leaves can we take both and still fill Portis role with a Dime or someone else?  Numbers work out right for that situation?  And you may be already answering that, just ttrying to be clear. 

Razorod

If Portis leaves we'll have three scholarships to give. Madden and Harris are seniors meaning we have a minimum of two to give.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Razorod on August 12, 2014, 04:48:38 pm
If Portis leaves we'll have three scholarships to give. Madden and Harris are seniors meaning we have a minimum of two to give.

I do think Portis will leave but I also think Qualls will leave.. if one of those two were likely to stay, I think it would be BP... Qualls has different family situations and money might be more important to him than maybe BP at this time.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dominicanhog on August 13, 2014, 06:50:27 am
I do think Portis will leave but I also think Qualls will leave.. if one of those two were likely to stay, I think it would be BP... Qualls has different family situations and money might be more important to him than maybe BP at this time.

Qualls is also supposedly very intelligent in the classroom if that plays any part in the decision...

-Blu

Quote from: Dominicanhog on August 13, 2014, 06:50:27 am

I remember at the end of the season people were posting all types of rumors saying Qualls was gone, because his son's mother was putting pressure on him to get money... Where do you guys come up with this stuff?  I'm pretty sure he doesn't advertise his personal finances and family situation.  Yes, he has a son that doesn't mean he's hurting for money or any of that.  I've yet to see an interview, article, or video where he's expressing a need for money.  All black guys that have kids, are not hurting for money.  Truth is none of us know what he will do or his "Family Situation".  I'm sure at the end of the year he'll look at his options and make the best decision for himself.

And I apologize for the small rant, just a pet peeve of mine when people try to act like they know somebody personally and know their financial situations, it's beyond ludracris to even try to speculate at their personal business.

onebadrubi

Quote from: -Blu on August 13, 2014, 07:47:38 am
I remember at the end of the season people were posting all types of rumors saying Qualls was gone, because his son's mother was putting pressure on him to get money... Where do you guys come up with this stuff?  I'm pretty sure he doesn't advertise his personal finances and family situation.  Yes, he has a son that doesn't mean he's hurting for money or any of that.  I've yet to see an interview, article, or video where he's expressing a need for money.  All black guys that have kids, are not hurting for money.  Truth is none of us know what he will do or his "Family Situation".  I'm sure at the end of the year he'll look at his options and make the best decision for himself.

And I apologize for the small rant, just a pet peeve of mine when people try to act like they know somebody personally and know their financial situations, it's beyond ludracris to even try to speculate at their personal business.

This program could use Portis and Qualls for another year (season after next), Whitt and Dime to come in, and keep it going, then work towards Monk!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: -Blu on August 13, 2014, 07:47:38 am

Didn't mean to insinuate I knew anything.. It was totally an opinion, speculation based on hearsay... but if you say differently, then I'll assume you are in the know... and I certainly never tried to make it a black kid situation and I don't really see how you went from what I said to that.. btw.. FU2.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: Dominicanhog on August 13, 2014, 08:23:25 am
Didn't mean to insinuate I knew anything.. It was totally an opinion, speculation based on hearsay... but if you say differently, then I'll assume you are in the know... and I certainly never tried to make it a black kid situation and I don't really see how you went from what I said to that.. btw.. FU2.

That escalated quickly.

-Blu

That's the thing, I'm not in the know, I don't speculate on someone's personal finances, that has nothing to do with the Hogs or basketball, which are the only things I'm on here to discuss.  Just my opinion, but I would be offended if I were the kid, and bunch of random people are speculating on my personal finances and family life, kinda weird.

and I certainly never tried to make it a black kid situation and I don't really see how you went from what I said to that..

Well.... because you just admitted you don't know his personal situations, yet you made an assumption that he's needing money.  Since he's never publicly said anything about money or his family situation, I put 2 and 2 together on the only other reason you would assume he needs money. 

Dominicanhog

If you read my post, I said money MAYBE more important at this time... it is not speculation that he has a child and that children cost money... Not sure how you can put 2 and 2 together there and get what you surmised...

The_Iceman

Quote from: -Blu on August 13, 2014, 08:42:16 am
That's the thing, I'm not in the know, I don't speculate on someone's personal finances, that has nothing to do with the Hogs or basketball, which are the only things I'm on here to discuss.  Just my opinion, but I would be offended if I were the kid, and bunch of random people are speculating on my personal finances and family life, kinda weird.

Well.... because you just admitted you don't know his personal situations, yet you made an assumption that he's needing money.  Since he's never publicly said anything about money or his family situation, I put 2 and 2 together on the only other reason you would assume he needs money. 

Most kids in college need money, regardless of race (except for rich frat boys).

-Blu

Quote from: Dominicanhog on August 13, 2014, 08:51:18 am
If you read my post, I said money MAYBE more important at this time... it is not speculation that he has a child and that children cost money... Not sure how you can put 2 and 2 together there and get what you surmised...

I read your post.  Still feel the same way, and that post wasn't just all the way directed at you, it's every time the topic of Qualls and going pro comes up, all these rumors of "He needs money" "His son's mother is putting pressure on him" "He needs money to support his son" and all these other rumors start flying around, that's unfair to him.  And I know you didn't say all that but, others have, and you even said your basing your opinion off of "Hearsay", which is exactly what happens every time we discuss Qualls and going pro. For all we know he got more money in the bank than all of us combined, heck his son's mother may be rich, we don't know.

It just bugs me to see those rumors continue, like he's some broke kid that had a kid and now he needs money as soon as possible to support his family.  If he needed money that bad and they were struggling that much, he's a good enough player to where he could have gone overseas and played anytime he wanted.

-Blu

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 13, 2014, 08:52:37 am
Most kids in college need money, regardless of race (except for rich frat boys).

There's a big diff between need and want.  When I was in college my parents are middle class, I wasn't hurting for too much, I wanted money, but need.... no.  Iceman your on here and post enough to see all the rumors about Qualls, people try to make it seem like dude struggles to feed his kid or something.  Last picture I've seen of him and his son, his son is decked out in nice clothes hanging out in Bud Walton arena shooting around.  Looked like his kid is having opportunities and living better than some of the people feeling sorry for him on here.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: -Blu on August 13, 2014, 09:08:39 am
It just bugs me to see those rumors continue, like he's some broke kid that had a kid and now he needs money as soon as possible to support his family.  If he needed money that bad and they were struggling that much, he's a good enough player to where he could have gone overseas and played anytime he wanted.

You made that entire scenario up on your own. No sense in attacking others due to your own wild imagination.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Dominicanhog

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 13, 2014, 09:16:53 am
You made that entire scenario up on your own. No sense in attacking others due to your own wild imagination.

well said...

mhuff

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 13, 2014, 09:16:53 am

This is one scenario that unless Blu did it last year he is not guilty of fabricating. I read all that stuff last year and did not think it appropriate to be discussing. Also, one does not have to be poor to want to go play in Europe. Albeit that they may be one and dones, high school players are considering that now....... go to Europe, get paid, and then go to the pros. Regardless, I wouldn't want all this stuff said openly about me if I were he on an ARKANSAS site

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: mhuff on August 13, 2014, 10:45:17 am
This is one scenario that unless Blu did it last year he is not guilty of fabricating. I read all that stuff last year

Last year's 'stuff' belongs with last year's posts. Those hypothetical theories weren't what Dominican posted. Really just a bunch of unnecessary drama on Recruiting.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

20gauge

Quote from: RazorAg on August 12, 2014, 12:48:01 pm
Local Memphis people are really high on Vick.  I can't remember if it was John Martin or Jason Smith, who both work for the Commercial Appeal, that had Vick as the 2nd best player in Memphis regardless of class.
Memphis is really high on him. It was Keith Easterwood who said he would end up a Hog. Said he was a very good player. I catch the show just about every day.