Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Todd Day Update

Started by bart.pohlman, July 19, 2007, 11:42:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bart.pohlman

Note sure if it has been posted yet or not, but I wanted to give you guys an update on Todd Day.

I talked to Todd tonight in Memphis, where he was at Hamilton High School to participate in a Penny Hardaway benefit game. Todd has been named the new head basketball coach at Lausanne Collegiate School, a high school in Memphis. Lausanne has been known in the past to attract splashy names as coaches and players, including Pau Gasol's brother Mark and Jerry West's son Johnnie.

FWIW, I didn't see Todd miss a single shot while I was there...he's still got the game. ;)

Realist

Hamilton can ball.  Their team went undefeated in largest classification in 2006.  One of like 3 teams to do that. 

Hog Fan from Camden

Hope he can steer some of his players our way!  Would be nice to get back to recruiting the Memphis area.

jr

I wish it would have worked out for coach pel to hire Todd, this would have definitely given us a road into Memphis recruiting. Does anyone have any info on the meeting he had with JP, it was reported he drove from Memphis to UofA to meet and apply for pel's staff?

bart.pohlman

To try to answer your question jr:

From the Memphis Commercial Appeal:
"In addition to interviewing for other high school openings, Day dreamed bigger and took a shot with his alma mater. He called Arkansas after they hired John Pelphrey in April, looking for a role as an assistant. 'They said they didn't have room for me,' Day said."

Snoop Hoggy Hog

July 22, 2007, 09:49:53 pm #5 Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 09:58:11 pm by Snoop Hoggy Hog
Has he ever tried to get a job with Mike Anderson?