Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas could have a pair of preferences when it comes to bowls

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, December 02, 2015, 05:46:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetSassyMolassy

HawgTide

Quote from: threeNout on December 02, 2015, 06:17:36 pm
the quality of the opponent is the number one thing with me, I want us to face the best team possible, no matter where it's at.  I'd like to see us be an underdog to a ranked team.

I don't care where we go or who we play. The ONLY thing that matters to me is winning our bowl game.

PonderinHog

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 02, 2015, 11:09:38 pm
Why on earth would Arkansas want to go to Charlotte?
We have had some success there in another sport.

sasnakrafan

Any chance we could pay Louisville in a bowl?  I feel that, THAT would be the biggest focal point of all games leading up to the playoffs. Imagine the storyline......

dhornjr1

Quote from: HawgTide on December 02, 2015, 10:47:09 pm
I don't care where we go or who we play. The ONLY thing that matters to me is winning our bowl game.

Could not agree more.

HogimusMaximus

Just win the gme, no matter where, no matter whom we play!!!

hawg66

Most of the talk has been the Liberty.  I don't think the team is any more excited about Memphis than most of us.  The Outback is a no-brainer if we can get it, but not likely.  I think Long is positioning for a better bowl than the Liberty.  The Belk is traditionally for an SEC East team, and Arkansas letting it be known that they would take it puts them in competition for the spot with a really weak East.  There are only three East teams going bowling, I think the Outback and Music City take two of them, the Gator the third.  (My guess is UT to the Outback, UGA to the Music City and Florida to the Gator-Tax Slayer.)

Arkansas in Charlotte would be great with me.  I've got the week off, so the mid-week time slot is perfect, and I've never spent any time there.  If the game is in Nashville or Florida, I'll also go.  I'm not going to Memphis.  Nothing against it, I like Memphis and have fun when I go there.  But it's too familiar, give me something different.

GuvHog

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 02, 2015, 09:32:41 pm
Charolette is a banking center.  Nashville is a tourist destination twice as close to Arkansas.  Both have NFL stadiums.  Weather is virtually identical. 

Outback is the best possible bowl.  Belk makes no sense to anyone but steef and Jeff Long.

Nashville is not much of a Tourist destination anymore since Opryland permanently closed. Back during the Opryland years one had to book way in advance to get a Hotel or Motel room. Now one can find a room easily when arriving in Nashville. Don't get me wrong, I really like Nashville and enjoy visiting there but the truth is the truth.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: Uncommon on December 02, 2015, 06:16:21 pm
I don't think that is a sure thing.  LSU could be in the Citrus bowl instead.  Either way, I agree.  Will give another example with Tennessee.  Seems like Tennessee is getting a bunch of love because they've won 5 straight.  Well who wouldn't go 5-0 when you play Kentucky, Missouri, Vanderbilt, North Texas, and South Carolina the last 5 games of the season?

I seriously doubt LSU will go to the Capital One (Citrus) Bowl. Florida won the SEC east so I don't see any way they will drop below the Capital One Bowl. LSU could very well end up playing in the Texas Bowl because going 1-3 their last 4 games will likely hurt them.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hog Pharm

Quote from: GuvHog on December 03, 2015, 05:25:18 pm
I seriously doubt LSU will go to the Capital One (Citrus) Bowl. Florida won the SEC east so I don't see any way they will drop below the Capital One Bowl. LSU could very well end up playing in the Texas Bowl because going 1-3 their last 4 games will likely hurt them.

Florida won't go to the Citrus just because they won the east. We won the west one year and went to the Music City. 

Tyro3

I ordered tickets to every bowl but Memphis, will not go to the that town again, hate even driving through it.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Smokehouse on December 02, 2015, 07:02:29 pm
VT or Penn State would be really fun games. I'm way to broke to travel to any game so I don't care where it's played :)
Pedd State? Meh. I'd never pay a penny to support those depraved bastages.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

bphi11ips

Quote from: GuvHog on December 03, 2015, 05:16:45 pm
Nashville is not much of a Tourist destination anymore since Opryland permanently closed. Back during the Opryland years one had to book way in advance to get a Hotel or Motel room. Now one can find a room easily when arriving in Nashville. Don't get me wrong, I really like Nashville and enjoy visiting there but the truth is the truth.

You ever see that Geico commercial where the caveman looks out from under a rock?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Hmmm...

Updated College Football Bowl Projections, 2015-16: Dec. 3 By Pete Fiutak

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl

Wednesday, December 30, 7:00 pm ET, ESPN
LP Field, Nashville, TN
ACC or Notre Dame or Big Ten vs. SEC
Projection: Louisville vs. Arkansas

http://campusinsiders.com/news/2015-2016-college-football-bowl-projections-12-03-2015
Go Hogs Go!

Steef

Hoggish1

Lots of good choices:  But Belk against Louisville or Outback against Wisconsin would garner serious interest...!

Hoggish1

Quote from: PORKULATOR on December 02, 2015, 10:28:30 pm
Us against what ACC opponent is my question about the Bell Bowl.
NC????  FSU???? That'd be cool, I'm in.

NC will possibly be in the final four and FSU looks like the Peach.  Not going to be playing any 10+ win team in any bowl this year.

Hoggish1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 04, 2015, 09:04:01 am
Hmmm...

LP Field, Nashville, TN

http://campusinsiders.com/news/2015-2016-college-football-bowl-projections-12-03-2015

WOW:

LP Field, Nashville, TN

Now, I might be tempted with that one!!!  No, I would go!!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 04, 2015, 09:42:48 am
WOW:

LP Field, Nashville, TN

Now, I might be tempted with that one!!!  No, I would go!!!!

Honestly, I can't see either HC allowing their AD to accept an invitation to a bowl with that particular match-up. Due to the circumstances, neither program would want to take a chance on losing to the other. JMO
Go Hogs Go!

Smokehouse

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 05, 2015, 08:20:43 am
Honestly, I can't see either HC allowing their AD to accept an invitation to a bowl with that particular match-up. Due to the circumstances, neither program would want to take a chance on losing to the other. JMO

And Petrino doesn't want his story at Arkansas dragged out and paraded around the media leading up to the bowl.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

hogcard1964

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 04, 2015, 09:04:01 am
Hmmm...

LP Field, Nashville, TN

This makes more sense than the Belk or Liberty but we shouldn't sell ourselves short on the Outback or Gator.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Smokehouse on December 05, 2015, 08:51:40 am
And Petrino doesn't want his story at Arkansas dragged out and paraded around the media leading up to the bowl.

And that story would certainly be a part of the build-up to the game. Think Jeff Long and the Arkansas Administration wants to see that paraded around either? I doubt it. It's history. Let it remain history that isn't revisited when you are going to a bowl.
Go Hogs Go!

razorbackkid

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 05, 2015, 08:59:58 am
And that story would certainly be a part of the build-up to the game. Think Jeff Long and the Arkansas Administration wants to see that paraded around either? I doubt it. It's history. Let it remain history that isn't revisited when you are going to a bowl.
I agree, however just considering the style of play and physicality of both teams I believe it would be a good match and a good game.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

SEdrhawg

Quote from: Demaghog on December 02, 2015, 06:12:24 pm
What's most frustrating is Florida will end the season with two blowout losses and then get to play in the Citrus and probably get blown out again. We're arguably the 3rd best team in the SEC and we deserve a Jan 1 bowl.

Sounds familiar...

NuttinItUp

I'd rather go to a worse bowl and dominate than a better bowl and lose.

Steef

la20688

Quote from: threeNout on December 02, 2015, 06:17:36 pm
the quality of the opponent is the number one thing with me, I want us to face the best team possible, no matter where it's at.  I'd like to see us be an underdog to a ranked team.
Being an underdog is not going to be likely with the possible opponents that have been mentioned. We would be favored over Louisville, W Virginia, Duke, K St (of course), Penn St, Texas Tech, and possibly even Wisconsin if we got lucky and get to the Outback.

ghostzapper

I take it we can forget about Florida as a bowl destination if Bama loses

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 02, 2015, 08:31:21 pm
Hurricane in Dec/Jan?  What does Hugo have to do with a bowl game?

Nothing. I was not referring to the hurricane being that timeframe. Only that Charlotte is not a tropical paradise and can have bad weather and thus can also be cold.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

December 05, 2015, 07:58:55 pm #84 Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 03:08:06 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: GuvHog on December 03, 2015, 05:16:45 pm

Dumb post Gov. Nashville was a tourist destination before that only average amusement park was built, was when it was open, and still is a tourist town. Hotels were not always booked when opryland was open except those real close to it. Opryland did not make Nashville a tourist destination. It has been for a lot longer than when it opened and still is. If you want to know about hotels there just PM me. The hotel market there is over built like in a lot of other places but that had nothing to do with Opryland closing.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 03, 2015, 06:14:55 pm
You ever see that Geico commercial where the caveman looks out from under a rock?

Haha! I'm thinking Gov got hit in the head by a rock!

moses_007

You reckon the SEC will consider our two preferences, or just send us somewhere else?

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 02, 2015, 11:27:02 pm
We have had some success there in another sport.

Thank you. I was getting ready to ask the question. Maybe there's some remaining mojo in Charlotte.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

TNRazorbacker

There has been some talk of Music City vs. Penn St. That would be the best possible scenario in my opinion. Great bowl location in a first class stadium. We would also be playing a nice slow Big 10 team with a lot of face value that we'd match up with nicely.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 05, 2015, 01:51:00 pm
I'd rather go to a worse bowl and dominate than a better bowl and lose.

Obviously you are all about "Participation Awards".
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: moses_007 on December 06, 2015, 12:20:31 am
You reckon the SEC will consider our two preferences, or just send us somewhere else?

I reckon that by this point, Sunday, 2:08 p.m. CST, the offer and decision has been made. Now we just wait to see where we are going.
Go Hogs Go!