Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bobby Knight

Started by Ray Zor, February 27, 2014, 09:27:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Zor

One of the best coaches ever stated at one point," Right now, Arkansas could beat any team in the country". Given 2 more home games and at Bama goes as it should, we are in easily.
GO HOGS

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Thought he was terrible listening to mizzouri game because he would only talk about all the mistakes they made to keep us in the game. But this time I thought he gave us a fair shake announcing from both perspectives.

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Fayettechill14

I actually thought he did a decent job tonight. Have not liked him in any broadcast prior to this one.

nextlevel

Lunardi moved Arkansas into the tourney after tonight's win.

They need to win the 2 home games, but the Bama game isn't going to bump them out of the tourney, a win there will help with seeding...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

heatmiser

He is not entertaining.  He tells it how his 50+ years coaching eyeballs see it; but it isn't entertaining when he does it.
Arkansas Razorbacks

HogFanInBryant

Why did he call Wally Hall's mother a hooker?

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: Ray Zor on February 27, 2014, 09:27:44 pm
One of the best coaches ever stated at one point," Right now, Arkansas could beat any team in the country". Given 2 more home games and at Bama goes as it should, we are in easily.

Bobby's actually lived long enough to become human.

Never thought I would see that.

I actually enjoy listening to his commentary.

Never thought I'd say that.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

Hawg4life33

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on February 27, 2014, 09:35:55 pm
Why did he call Wally Hall's mother a hooker?

Urban myth.  He didn't do it.

imtad16

The coach came out in him when Alandise Harris dribbled himself on to the floor late in the 2nd half and he said to him, "this isn't a dribbling contest." All fan allegiance aside, that was pretty funny. Especially, after coming away winners.

nextlevel

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on February 27, 2014, 09:33:27 pm
Thought he was terrible listening to mizzouri game because he would only talk about all the mistakes they made to keep us in the game. But this time I thought he gave us a fair shake announcing from both perspectives.

He calls it like it is, or he sees it.

At one point he was talking about the mistakes Arkansas was making keeping Kentucky in the game tonight.

Is only down side as a commentator is he doesn't know the rosters inside and out, example was the play to get Bell a wide open lead when he was expecting a drive to the basket for an easy bucket from the offense being up high (a type of player that isn't on Arkansas' roster this year).

I will take Knight, Dykes, or Walton as a commentator over any one of the failed coaches employed by the networks for that position during telecasts.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Hoggle

Love listening to Knight call a game. He's always imparting (well founded) information. I've learned a lot listening to his games. Listening with my 12 year old who loves playing basketball makes it even more educational and entertaining.

arkfan81

watched the second half under mute..couldn't listen to either of them anymore..
Have faith...

k.c.hawg

Quote from: imtad16 on February 27, 2014, 09:39:09 pm
The coach came out in him when Alandise Harris dribbled himself on to the floor late in the 2nd half and he said to him, "this isn't a dribbling contest." All fan allegiance aside, that was pretty funny. Especially, after coming away winners.

I actually could have thrown a chair at that point.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

YouCrawl_IQuall

I loved hearing him call tonights game. Felt like he enjoyed the game and gave Arkansas lots of respect.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Arkygrocer

Bobby definitely gave us respect tonight unlike in the Missouri game. Not my favorite color man either but can't argue with his knowledge of the game.

imtad16

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 27, 2014, 09:41:07 pm
I actually could have thrown a chair at that point.

Hah I see what ya did there. Yeah that was a frustrating moment for sure though.

Razorback_2007

I was particularly impressed with his respectful words on Nolan, givin the animosity I thought existed between the two.  :razorback:
IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE ROAD YOUR LIFE IS ON...PAVE A NEW ONE

bphi11ips

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on February 27, 2014, 09:34:19 pm
I actually thought he did a decent job tonight. Have not liked him in any broadcast prior to this one.

Had we lost you would have said he sucked. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: Arkygrocer on February 27, 2014, 09:43:02 pm
Bobby definitely gave us respect tonight unlike in the Missouri game. Not my favorite color man either but can't argue with his knowledge of the game.
I can agree with this. No he's not great, but he's not awful. Plus, he's Bobby Knight!
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Razorback_2007 on February 27, 2014, 09:45:52 pm
I was particularly impressed with his respectful words on Nolan, givin the animosity I thought existed between the two.  :razorback:

I've never heard about any animosity between them.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 27, 2014, 09:48:39 pm
Had we lost you would have said he sucked.

He has done games that we've won before and I still didn't like him. I don't love him, I just thought he was better tonight.

nextlevel

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on February 27, 2014, 09:49:20 pm
I can agree with this. No he's not great, but he's not awful. Plus, he's Bobby Knight!

He will put his viewpoints in on how he thinks the game should be played/coached during the telecasts, but will mention it in a form of "I would do this, I had my teams do that, etc".

It is different than some of the other failed coaches who drum on about some facet of the game like it is the most important thing in the world and nothing else matters (rebounds) like some other failed coaches employed by ESPN who's former programs are in the top25 because of their absence with that program...

ell oh ell

Hogz87

I thought he was a little annoying when he called our Missouri game, but I've always really enjoyed Knight as a commentator.  He's a brilliant basketball mind and when calls a game you get free access for 2+ hours to that mind. 

hhicNaychaBoi

I thought it was great when we had the ball with a minute and some change and knight said that he would set his offense up high and he detailed why. As soon as we inbiuned our offense was set up high. I think it was a testament to MA coaching ability. Knihght has so much knowledge for the game.