Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I hope our alleged home run coach

Started by EastexHawg, November 24, 2012, 07:08:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EastexHawg

Doesn't end up being the fraud who just lost his second straight game to weak Big East opponents.  Some of us have been saying all year he hasn't played anyone worth a carp.  The sad part is...he still hasn't.

Oliver

Strong and Franklin would be a disaster.  And in my opinion they are probably the two most likely hires for us

texas tush hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 24, 2012, 07:08:25 pm
Doesn't end up being the fraud who just lost his second straight game to weak Big East opponents.  Some of us have been saying all year he hasn't played anyone worth a carp.  The sad part is...he still hasn't.

Don't worry, Charlie is not coming here or Auburn or anywhere besides where he is, breathe easy, although I think you will feel differently in a couple of years.

JJHog

Regardless of who it is I'm wondering if you'll be one of
Those griping about it.
" Think Right, Do Right"

BigE_23

I've pretty much decided that you're going to think that the hire isn't worth a crap regardless of who it is.

Oklahawg

Quote from: BigE_23 on November 24, 2012, 08:23:30 pm
I've pretty much decided that you're going to think that the hire isn't worth a crap regardless of who it is.

Funny. I'm not sure Eastexhawg has been happy with a hire since Eddie Sutton was brought in to end the Lanny Van Eman era.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oliver

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 24, 2012, 08:34:29 pm
Funny. I'm not sure Eastexhawg has been happy with a hire since Eddie Sutton was brought in to end the Lanny Van Eman era.
I wish we had more fans with Eastexhawg's standards

The_Iceman

I don't think Charlie is a good fit right now. Not because of his ability, but because of the fan base.

He has a very young team that is still learning. Next year, he will probably run the big east easily with that roster. He has done a good job rebuilding te disaster Kragthorpe created.

hawgdayafternoon

Quote from: Oliver on November 24, 2012, 08:49:52 pm
I wish we had more fans with Eastexhawg's standards
yeah if that was the case Nolan would have never been hired or BP for that matter!

Capitalist Pig

Troof.
seXual cHOGlate is my bitch.

RedRock

I'm posting this message and going to bed....I do believe it's Peterson's job.  If he says no, it will be James Franklin. Should know something for sure Tuesday or Wednesday.  Latest of what I have heard.  No idea of validity.

EastexHawg

Bobby Petrino met my standards just fine.  So did/does Dave Van Horn. 

I got tired of arguing for ten years that we could be among the nation's best with the right coach while so many were telling us Nutt wasn't so bad.

Now we have fans who are apparently alright with replacing one of the top five coaches in America with a guy who finished fourth in his division and hasn't beaten anyone...a coach whose best win this year in a terrible Big East is harder to locate than the Fouke Monster...or good ol' Gus.

If it's Petersen I'm happy.  Patterson...A-OK.  Gruden?  Heck, yeah.  Stoops?  Terrific.  Gundy?  No complaints.  Pete Carroll?  Now THERE is the ultimate home run. 

The last time we finished in the top five before Petrino did it I was a teenager.  Now I'm a middle aged man.  I don't have another 35 years to wait, hoping that some half arsed coach grows into the job. 

Hawg Balling

Or a fraud who just lost to hapless 3-9 Wazzu and had to settle for their third straight 7 win season.

tiber

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 24, 2012, 09:16:27 pm
Bobby Petrino met my standards just fine.  So did/does Dave Van Horn. 

I got tired of arguing for ten years that we could be among the nation's best with the right coach while so many were telling us Nutt wasn't so bad.

Now we have fans who are apparently alright with replacing one of the top five coaches in America with a guy who finished fourth in his division and hasn't beaten anyone...a coach whose best win this year in a terrible Big East is harder to locate than the Fouke Monster...or good ol' Gus.

If it's Petersen I'm happy.  Patterson...A-OK.  Gruden?  Heck, yeah.  Stoops?  Terrific.  Gundy?  No complaints.  Pete Carroll?  Now THERE is the ultimate home run. 

The last time we finished in the top five before Petrino did it I was a teenager.  Now I'm a middle aged man.  I don't have another 35 years to wait, hoping that some half arsed coach grows into the job. 

It's not "Now we have fans" that are content with middle of the road.

We've had that for quite awhile now. 

Just look at all the losers defending Long over firing Petrino.

hawgball9401

True dat!!

Pork Twain

Quote from: hawgdayafternoon on November 24, 2012, 09:00:39 pm
yeah if that was the case Nolan would have never been hired or BP for that matter!
Very true...  You can have high standards but still be happy if the hire falls a little short.  Such is life...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

UncleFrank

QuoteRegardless of who it is I'm wondering if you'll be one of
Those griping about it.

I think you can count on that....he's probably the greatest coach/AD in the nation who's only 'working' on a message board  ;D

Pork Twain

Quote from: tiber on November 24, 2012, 09:24:29 pm
It's not "Now we have fans" that are content with middle of the road.

We've had that for quite awhile now. 

Just look at all the losers defending Long over firing Petrino.
You are always saying crap like this but you must be talking a very tiny minority that rarely posts on Hogville.  Shouldn't be too hard to locate some of these fans.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

tiber

Quote from: BeoPig™ on November 24, 2012, 09:26:23 pm
Very true...  You can have high standards but still be happy if the hire falls a little short.  Such is life...

Such is life if you let it be I guess.  Most people DO settle.

However, don't float all this crap about being willing to spend 5-6 million dollars for a difference maker if your real intentions are to hire a sorta-kinda-maybe.

UncleFrank

QuoteSome of us have been saying all year he hasn't played anyone worth a carp.

I just hate it when we play teams that aren't "worth a carp."
Lots of teams aren't worth a Gar, either. Or even a nice trout.  ;D

Pig in the Pokey

it won't be Charlie. Not in THIS state. But I'm glad about that.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

tiber

Quote from: BeoPig™ on November 24, 2012, 09:28:02 pm
You are always saying crap like this but you must be talking a very tiny minority that rarely posts on Hogville.  Shouldn't be too hard to locate some of these fans.

A very tiny minority... that shouldn't be too hard to locate.  Ok.

Who knows what you're even try to say? 

If somehow that nonsense you're spewing means there aren't many defending Long about firing Petrino then stop posting idiocy and look around.

Danny J

I am telling you guys.....don't count out Davis. I still think we have a shot at Gundy/Patterson but if they fall through we will likely give Davis a look.