Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

North Carolina - West Virginia

Started by JIMMY BOARFFETT, December 27, 2008, 12:11:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight_K_Shrute

Just saw Stewart's post game comments to the ESPN sideline guy.  He may never win a NC but what a heck of a guy.  If he can win consistently he should be there forever.  Said:  "I might not have the best players I know that, but I've got the best team. They are going to be good husbands good daddies and good men of faith and you can count on that"  Also thanked ESPN for making them and said they will play any night of the week.  You can see the true joy of football on Stewart's face and hear it in his voice.  He is what college football is supposed to be about.   

This is the type of guy you should want coaching your team instead of dorkhead's like Saban.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hawgsav1

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 27, 2008, 03:31:26 pm
Just saw Stewart's post game comments to the ESPN sideline guy.  He may never win a NC but what a heck of a guy.  If he can win consistently he should be there forever.  Said:  "I might not have the best players I know that, but I've got the best team. They are going to be good husbands good daddies and good men of faith and you can count on that"  Also thanked ESPN for making them and said they will play any night of the week.  You can see the true joy of football on Stewart's face and hear it in his voice.  He is what college football is supposed to be about.  

This is the type of guy you should want coaching your team instead of dorkhead's like Saban.

Saban wants to play football and win.  Stewart isn't a horrible coach, but I'd much rather have a dour perfectionist coaching my team than a happy go lucky guy. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

broken legs

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on June 06, 2009, 09:48:11 pm
today when Darr got the winning hit me and some buddies went nuts in my living room, and we even dogpiled in the floor. well, I ended up on bottom and my dog, who doesn't like anybody anyways, thought I was being attacked. so the dog rushes and bites my friend from behind right in the sack! he pissed all over himself and another guy whose face was right below his shorts. They get into a fight and end up shattering the front storm door on my house. After this we all just kind of stopped, as the wife was totally pissed. so we went outside and called the hogs. what a day! I just WPS!

BloodRedHog

Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: hawgsav1 on December 27, 2008, 03:36:12 pm
Saban wants to play football and win.  Stewart isn't a horrible coach, but I'd much rather have a dour perfectionist coaching my team than a happy go lucky guy. 

I don't think he is a happy go lucky guy. I think he has perspective on what college football and coaching should be about.  He will turn out better people and better representatives for the state of WVA than Saban will for Alabama.  I want a winning football program too but I also want good guys that will make me proud 5, 10 to 20 years from now as well.  But winning does make it easier and I'm sure if Stewart went 4-7 a couple years in a row I'd want to get rid of him.  It's just good to see there are some good guys left in coaching.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hawgsav1

Quote from: broken legs on December 27, 2008, 03:52:51 pm
worst i've seen

Were there any other games that have finished today?  FSU-Wisconsin is just starting. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

broken legs

Quote from: hawgsav1 on December 27, 2008, 04:06:33 pm
Were there any other games that have finished today?  FSU-Wisconsin is just starting. 

nope
Quote from: bigpigpimpin on June 06, 2009, 09:48:11 pm
today when Darr got the winning hit me and some buddies went nuts in my living room, and we even dogpiled in the floor. well, I ended up on bottom and my dog, who doesn't like anybody anyways, thought I was being attacked. so the dog rushes and bites my friend from behind right in the sack! he pissed all over himself and another guy whose face was right below his shorts. They get into a fight and end up shattering the front storm door on my house. After this we all just kind of stopped, as the wife was totally pissed. so we went outside and called the hogs. what a day! I just WPS!

rude1

Let's see how he looks next season with Pat White now gone. I think the WVU run has come to an end. That is why RR got out while he was hot.

eldeearr

Quote from: gussiehog on December 27, 2008, 03:16:21 pm
Genuinely like Butch Davis and under normal conditions I would be rooting for him and NC but can't root against my Mountaineers from West Virginia (second favorite team next to the Hogs - both teams due to my parents who were from WV but chose to be Hogs).

What a game!  Pat White has been a great college quarterback.  Hope to see him in the pros and glad for Coach Stewart.

Ditto right back atcha.  My mom was from Arkansas and my dad from West Virginia, and they met in St. Louis.  Now I like all three areas. 

WVU finished 9-4, and if not for two OT losses, could have been 11-2.  Not bad for a first year coach.

eldeearr

Quote from: maddox073 on December 27, 2008, 03:24:03 pm
aren't you glad you don't have to listen to a john denver song after a win!! holy cow,  nothing pumps me up more than a little " country road, take me home, to the place i belong, west virginia....... :puke:

Only natives can understand, so your ignorance is forgiven.  You can't help yourself.

eldeearr

The players respected Rich Rodriguez when he was there because of his position, but the players there now LOVE Bill Stewart.  The kind of love that would send them thru a brick wall for him.

Sivad

You can see the true joy of football on Stewart's face and hear it in his voice. 
Nick Saban for ole WV's Bill Stewart.
Doubt if anybody would make that trade.

songofthesword

they can love him at t the bottom of the big east next year.

Sivad

Quote from: songofthesword on December 27, 2008, 10:03:29 pm
they can love him at t the bottom of the big east next year.
No kidding.
And the bottom of the Big LEAST, is really the bottom.