Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Nation's "Joetacular" last night

Started by Rey Pygsterio, June 19, 2006, 11:21:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rey Pygsterio

That was a great piece. Nice work, KARK. Plus, it was refreshing to see 30 minutes of the Pig Trail broadcast from Little Rock and 10 minutes from the desk in nWa rather than the other way around.

Joe Johnson comes across as such a nice guy, a lot like Jermain Taylor. These two guys represent the city and state well.

If you saw the piece, Joe was wearing that red LR hat that you see more and more people around town wearing. Nice to see him representing. You can get yours by clicking on the picture below or at the Ray Winder Field souvenir stand.

For you nWa people out there wanting to likewise represent with a new sky, I think this one might still be in stock, and I will pay $5 on site to anyone I see wearing one at a War Memorial tailgate.

"Rey Pygsterio will slash the tires on your Flex Fuel Tahoe and slap your Bentonville princess wife in the face." - Latarian

TulsaHogFan

God I lived in LR for over 10 years, I never knew anyone who hated NWA as much as you do.

Its like NWA ran over your dog or something.

Rey Pygsterio

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on June 19, 2006, 01:01:37 pmGod I lived in LR for over 10 years, I never knew anyone who hated NWA as much as you do.Its like NWA ran over your dog or something.

Once they kicked Ice Cube out of the group, it was over for me.
"Rey Pygsterio will slash the tires on your Flex Fuel Tahoe and slap your Bentonville princess wife in the face." - Latarian

SwinedMelon

Did y'all get the feeling there might be some extra-curriclar going on between Keely and Joe? are they dating or something?
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

Rey Pygsterio

Quote from: russellclaude on June 19, 2006, 01:11:19 pmDid y'all get the feeling there might be some extra-curriclar going on between Keely and Joe? are they dating or something?

That's what I was wondering! What's the deal there?

HoopS

I always thought Cube left on his own.  Dre, Ren and Yella were haters anyway.

;)

ste4236

wow, with that NWA hat, I just figured Northwest Arkansas... hell, thats how the airport is listed. Excuse my ignorance, I am an Okie.

"Cajun King"

Student at Colorado State University

RazorZach

Want to know the worst part of the segment last night? The friggin' name JOETACULAR. Did the people involved pontificate for hours on a good name for this segment, and suddenly it came like a vision from heaven: Joetacular. Geez louise...I am not gonna sit here and think of one myself, but man, I hope they don't do one next time called McFadden-bulous, or Ronnie-riffic.

But other than that, not a bad segment. Joe used to be so quiet and shy, but it seems like he has really learned how to communicate and open up with the media. Here's hoping Joe can make it back to a wnning team in the near future.
"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

"Is this hotel beeper friendly?" -- Alan from "The Hangover" (and Houston Nutt)

"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." -- Michael Scott, "The Office"

Rey Pygsterio

Quote from: RazorZach on June 19, 2006, 01:39:52 pmGeez louise...I am not gonna sit here and think of one myself, but man, I hope they don't do one next time called McFadden-bulous, or Ronnie-riffic.

Ronnie-riffic is every night on Razorback Nation.

Rey Pygsterio

Also, I don't see Brewer ever signing a five-year $70 million deal. McFaddon, maybe.

CharlieHog

Quote from: ste4236 on June 19, 2006, 01:39:21 pm
wow, with that NWA hat, I just figured Northwest Arkansas... hell, thats how the airport is listed. Excuse my ignorance, I am an Okie.

The airport is XNA.

CharlieHog

Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on June 19, 2006, 11:21:42 am
That was a great piece. Nice work, KARK. Plus, it was refreshing to see 30 minutes of the Pig Trail broadcast from Little Rock and 10 minutes from the desk in nWa rather than the other way around.

Joe Johnson comes across as such a nice guy, a lot like Jermain Taylor. These two guys represent the city and state well.

If you saw the piece, Joe was wearing that red LR hat that you see more and more people around town wearing. Nice to see him representing. You can get yours by clicking on the picture below or at the Ray Winder Field souvenir stand.

For you nWa people out there wanting to likewise represent with a new sky, I think this one might still be in stock, and I will pay $5 on site to anyone I see wearing one at a War Memorial tailgate.

Fans in Northwest Arkasnas can "represent" with any Razorback gear.

Rey Pygsterio

Quote from: CharlieHog on June 19, 2006, 02:48:40 pmFans in Northwest Arkasnas can "represent" with any Razorback gear.

So can fans in any part of the state.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on June 19, 2006, 02:06:04 pm
Also, I don't see Brewer ever signing a five-year $70 million deal. McFaddon, maybe.

You took the words out of my mouth.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

woodhog14

Quote from: russellclaude on June 19, 2006, 01:11:19 pm
Did y'all get the feeling there might be some extra-curriclar going on between Keely and Joe? are they dating or something?

I think a little hanky-panky was/is going on off camera, or on maybe.  ;D

CharlieHog

Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on June 19, 2006, 02:55:19 pm
Quote from: CharlieHog on June 19, 2006, 02:48:40 pmFans in Northwest Arkasnas can "represent" with any Razorback gear.

So can fans in any part of the state.

state unity, it's a great thing

ste4236

Quote from: CharlieHog on June 19, 2006, 02:48:03 pm
Quote from: ste4236 on June 19, 2006, 01:39:21 pm

The airport is XNA.

lol well at Tulsa International, thats how they have had it listed. I have never been there, but I have heard it is quicker to drive from Tulsa to anywhere in NWA rather than fly from Tulsa.

"Cajun King"

Student at Colorado State University

werehog

Straight out of Compton, that's the kind of unwise street gear that will get you killed in certain Los Angles neighborhoods. Many of the "Homies" in the original NWA rap group are now taking a dirt nap.

Rey Pygsterio

First of all, the kids today don't even know who NWA is. No sense of history, these kids. They are more likely to shoot you for being from northwest Arkansas than for being down with Eazy.

Second, speaking of Joe Johnson, this was just announced...

THE NBA RETURNS TO ALLTEL ARENA !

JOE JOHNSON AND THE ATLANTA HAWKS RETURN TO PLAY IN A PRE-SEASON GAME TO FACE TRACY McGRADY AND YAO MING OF THE HOUSTON ROCKETS IN AN OFFICIAL NBA PRE-SEASON GAME TO BE PLAYED AT ALLTEL ARENA IN NORTH LITTLE ROCK, ARKANSAS.

ATLANTA HAWKS vs. HOUSTON ROCKETS
Offical NBA Pre-Season Game

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13 @ 7:30 PM
ALLTEL ARENA

TICKETS GO ON SALE THIS FRIDAY
JUNE 23 @ 10 AM !!!!!

TICKET PRICES:
$101.75, $51.75, $46.75, $36.75, $26.75 and $14.00

Tickets available at the Alltel Arena Box Office, all ticketmaster outlets, charge by phone at 501-975-7575 or on line at www.ticketmaster.com.

Central and surrounding NBA basketball fans can look forward to another exciting official NBA
pre-season game. This year's match up will feature three of the NBA's hottest young stars in Tracy
McGrady and Yao Ming of the Houston Rockets (home team) and the Atlanta Hawks (visiting team) featuring Central High School and Razorback superstar Joe Johnson.

All the NBA pre-season action is slated for Friday, October 13, 2006 at 7:30 pm CST at Alltel Arena.

HoopS