Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs in the Minors/Majors update

Started by CharlieHog, June 19, 2006, 10:28:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieHog

This weeks Player of the Week is Andrew Wishy. He was 9-28 (.321) with four runs scored (13), four doubles (13) and seven RBI (17).

Highlights:

Cody Clark was 6-9 (.667) with two doubles (10) and four RBI (9) in three games. He threw out two of six attempted base stealers.

Devin Day was 5-15 (.333) with two doubles (3), one homerun (2) and four RBI (7).

Matt Erickson was 2-6 (.333) with two RBI (11) in three games.

Eric Hinske had one homerun (4) and one RBI (9).

Casey Rowlett had two doubles (14), one homerun (2), two RBI (22) and one stolen base (7).

Andy Wilson had one double (5), one stolen base (4) and five RBI (27).

Cliff Lee (5-5, 5.04) won his only start of the week. He gave up three runs in 6.2 innings at Yankee Stadium.

Not-so-high-lights:

Kit Pellow made one error (6) and grounded into one double play (9).

Ryan Fox (2-0, 7.62) gave up two runs in two innings over two games.

Jarrett Gardner (2-1, 2.02) suffered his first loss of the season. He gave up three runs in five innings over two games.

Scott Roehl (3-5, 3.28) lost both games he pitched in this week. He gave up six runs in 4.1 innings.

Dan Wright (0-0, 6.55) gave up five runs in 7.1 innings over two games. He walked three and struck out five.

Transactions / Injuries:

Josh Glynn was released by Windy City (Frontier) on June 13.

Daryl Maday and Blake Parker are both going pro after being drafted earlier this month.

Rodney Nye was released by the Pawtucket Red Sox on June 13.

Clint Brannon is back on the DL.

Haas Pratt was moved from Stockton (A) to Sacramento (AAA) on June 16 to be the backup catcher when Jeremy Brown was called up by Oakland. It's an insurance decision more than a promotion for Haas. Brown was sent back down yesterday, so Pratt will probably follow. In his only at-bat so far Haas got an RBI double off of Tacoma's Dan Wright!

Streaks:

Kit Pellow lost an eleven game hit streak on June 13.

Andy Wilson lost a five game hit streak on June 14.

Andrew Wishy has a six game hit streak going.

Notes:

Scott Roehl threw his 300th career minor league inning on June 14.

Cody Clark played his 200th career game on June 16.

Andrew Wishy is leading the CanAm League in doubles. His 13 are four ahead of second place.

The short season leagues will begin play this week.

www.hognation.net

Oklahawg

Super report. Thanks for the info.

Don't forget former hog signees (but non-attendees): Dustin Mosely (AAA ANA) and Josh Wahpepah (MIL A). And, did Keith Bucktrot (formerly PHL) sign with anyone after he was waived?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

CharlieHog

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 19, 2006, 02:12:50 pm
Super report. Thanks for the info.

Don't forget former hog signees (but non-attendees): Dustin Mosely (AAA ANA) and Josh Wahpepah (MIL A). And, did Keith Bucktrot (formerly PHL) sign with anyone after he was waived?

We've signed a lot more than that that are playing pro ball. They aren't included in the update unless they actually played here though.

No idea on Bucktrot.

hogfan13

With this stuff. You can count on CharlieHog.

+1 CharlieHog