Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The NCAA has ruled that USC receiver Dwayne Jarrett violated NCAA's rules

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, June 18, 2006, 05:15:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

RhodeHog

Wouldn't it be a shame if he had to sit out the first game this season!

The_Bionic_Pig

NCAA rules prohibit football coaches from conducting practices during the offseason.

But the players themselves are permitted to organize and hold their own workouts with a ball as long as no coaches are present. On Tuesday USC players did exactly that, holding an afternoon "senior practice" for most of the skill players, including several incoming freshmen. by the way Josh David Booty has returned to the field.  Here are some photos - click me
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: Rhodehog on June 18, 2006, 05:16:59 pm
Wouldn't it be a shame if he had to sit out the first game this season!

It would be nice not to have to worry about Jarrett but they have plenty other good ones too.

We'll most def have our work cut out for us weather Jarrett plays or not.

sickboy1138

I would rather them have their best players on the field.  That way when we win there is no questions.  I want people to know we beat USC at their best.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: sickboy1138 on June 18, 2006, 05:38:00 pm
I would rather them have their best players on the field.  That way when we win there is no questions.  I want people to know we beat USC at their best.

If we win on Sept 2nd, i dont think anyone's gonna care who was available for them except the national media and their fans.

werehog

FYIs all around. Pete Carroll is confident that Dwayne Garrett won't miss a game.

RhodeHog

Quote from: werehog on June 18, 2006, 05:40:07 pm
FYIs all around. Pete Carroll is confident that Dwayne Garrett won't miss a game.

Yeah, at 3 million a year + endorsements, you can pay off a few people to make sure that happens!

RazorHawg16

Everyone of their players have the Marcus Monk Mitch Mustain darren mcfadden, and damien williams type of talent where we have maybe 5 or 6. That is are biggest problem.

The real Hogules

Well, if Pete Carroll says it's so, then it simply HAS to be true, right?
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: sickboy1138 on June 18, 2006, 05:38:00 pmI want people to know we beat USC at their best.

We cannot beat USC at their best.  It won't happen.

USC at their worst will pose a very tough challenge for Arkansas.

Razorback0918

So with no Busch, no solid QB, and now the possibility of no Jarett I think we have a really good chance of beating USC.

werehog

USC has a great depth at QB. It recruited the best running backs in the country last year. The depth at WR exceeds that at QB. We will not be facing a wounded Trojan team. Next year they are off our schedule, but I would like to see us play the Trojan regularly. It means instant national TV and a victory over Troy would make people take notice.

Call Mr. Sow

errrr.  Wrong thread.

WILL CLINTON

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Richard_white

Quote from: Razorback0918 on June 18, 2006, 10:07:10 pm
So with no Busch, no solid QB, and now the possibility of no Jarett I think we have a really good chance of beating USC.

Wake up your late for work!

jvegashawg

Jarrett will pay back some money and not miss a game.  And he shouldn't.  The NCAA needs to get a life. 

hogsNbeer

Quote from: jvegashawg on June 19, 2006, 10:24:08 am
Jarrett will pay back some money and not miss a game.  And he shouldn't.  The NCAA needs to get a life. 

Agreed.......

hogsNbeer

Do the Hogs call a practice like this?    That says something when players get together on their own like that......

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsNbeer on June 19, 2006, 10:30:54 am
Do the Hogs call a practice like this?    That says something when players get together on their own like that......

Yes they do. the Hog Seniors do it Frequently.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!