Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wyn Norwood for UA golf coach

Started by Arazorbackguy1, June 18, 2006, 02:19:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

If the University of Arkansas knows what's best for the program, then they will hire this highly qualified Golf Coach who is currently the Associate Athletic Director at UALR...  He won many Sunbelt Conference Golf Titles at a coach for the Trojans.  Give it up for Wyn Norwood!!!
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Arazorbackguy1

Arazorbackguy1

excoach

Wyn would be a great coach, but doubt if he would ever leave the Rock.

beerhogz

Went to high school with his son. You are correct, He would be a great coach at the U of A

razorbackdan

Quote from: beerhogz on June 19, 2006, 12:17:03 pm
Went to high school with his son. You are correct, He would be a great coach at the U of A

I vote for John Daly as coach. That way, the pusses that left because Ketcham was too rough could just party, eat whatever they wanted whenever they wanted and smoke and hang out with Hooters girls. Damn, I think I have a little eligibility left!

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: excoach on June 19, 2006, 12:09:08 pm
Wyn would be a great coach, but doubt if he would ever leave the Rock.

Well I have a hunch that he would love the job...  Not that I am related to him or anything lol  :)

excoach

I met Wyn back in 1981 at Lake De Gray golf course. He was watching me play and came over and gave me some advice. It really helped. I didn't know who he was at the time, but the guy I was playing with knew who he was. What a class act. HE did an awesome job at UALR, and would do the same for the hogs I'm sure.

Arazorbackguy1

I agree...   He is my uncle, so I am pretty biased towards him of course.   But..  I know what he is capable of and if he could win the conference in the Sun Belt, and send several of his kids to the NCAA's with much less talent than Arkansas ever had, then I think he could do an amazing job here.  I won't make excuses for him, but he never had the resources to really dominate at UALR.  Money is obviously tight there and he made the most of it.   The indoor golf training facility at Eagle Hill is pretty much due to him, with the help of Stevens...  It was the first of it's kind in Arkansas!   How do we get his name in front of the powers that be? 

TulsaHogFan

Does he have a daughter that went to either Central or PA?

excoach

He, if interested, could call Frank and speak to him about the job. There's no doubt Wyn and Frank know each other.

HamShank

Rumor has it that they're still not getting rid of Ketchum.  They're just going to hire Jack O'Keefe as assistant.  ...Arkansas seems to have a tough time cutting the cancers out.

12under

Quote from: HamShank on June 19, 2006, 01:32:56 pm
Rumor has it that they're still not getting rid of Ketchum.  They're just going to hire Jack O'Keefe as assistant.  ...Arkansas seems to have a tough time cutting the cancers out.
ketchum's gone, but your assertion about Jack O'Keefe was correct about a week ago.  dont know how ketchum's departure will affect jack

excoach

Jack is a great guy. I talked with him at Hot Springs C.C. a few weeks ago. There are alot of coaches who could do a good job at Arkansas and Jack is another one of them.