Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zach Snider Update: His comment on Houston Nutt. What he's doing now...

Started by TulsaHawg, June 18, 2006, 08:05:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHawg

"Coach Nutt is one of the greatest men and leaders I've ever been around."--  Zach Snider

Eric Bailey of the Tulsa World has an article in today's paper about Zach and his dad, and how HDN granted him a release to move back to Tulsa to be close to his ailing father.

Zach is transferring to TU so he can play in front of his father. Gary Snider, who is suffering from colon cancer that has now spread to his liver, said, "This is the best Father's Day present I could ever get."

Gary was most recently the DB coach for Union High School, but will not be on the sidelines next season.  Gary played at OSU  from 1974-78, where his father Lee was a coach.  Gary had the opportunity to coach his sons Beau and Zach at Union.

The article mentions HDN's dad dying in April, 2005.  HDN said concerning Zach, " I knew what he was thinking and wanting to be close to his father. All he wanted to do was make things best for everyone involved. He knew he needed to be by his dad."

A hardship waiver has been requested from the NCAA to allow Zach to play three years at TU beginning this fall.  Letters have been sent by HDN, TU's coaches, Zach's parents, doctors and friends.  Hopefully, and answer will be received by next month.

Zach is working out with the Golden Hurricanes and is practicing at tight end.

The article says that Zach "won't forget his days at Arkansas, and will forever be thankful to Nutt. 'Coach Nutt is one of the greatest men and leaders I've ever been around,' Zach Snider said."

Concerning his dad, Zack said, "  It motivates me to see how much he fights it when he is in pain.  It makes me go out and work hard everyday. That most important thing I can do in my life is make him happy." 

Here is a link to the article:  http://www.tulsaworld.com/SportsStory.asp?ID=060618_Sp_B1_Famil25243 
You have to be a subscriber to access the entire article.  I don't know if you can see it without being a subscriber, but there is a nice pic of Zach and his dad.

Thanks to Zach for his time as a Razorback. Thanks to HDN for doing the right thing, and now I hope the NCAA does the right thing.

Best wishes to Zach, his dad, and his entire family. 

Hollywood_HOGan

Saw that just as I opened the sports page this morning.

Hope the NCAA has a heart and grants him a hardship. Sure would be fun to follow him at Tulsa.
He was an absolute warrior at Union, he was a warrior and Arkansas and I have no doubt he'll be the same type of player at Tulsa playing Tight End.

Hope and pray that Coach Gary Snider gets well and beats this cancer.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on June 18, 2006, 08:11:09 am
Saw that just as I opened the sports page this morning.

Hope the NCAA has a heart and grants him a hardship. Sure would be fun to follow him at Tulsa.
He was an absolute warrior at Union, he was a warrior and Arkansas and I have no doubt he'll be the same type of player at Tulsa playing Tight End.

Hope and pray that Coach Gary Snider gets well and beats this cancer.

I can't imagine the NCAA not granting him a hardship.  they did it for matt stoltz last year without much trouble.

good luck at tulsa, zach
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Albert Einswine

Houston did the absolute right thing and I give him the highest respect for it.

However,  I have come to expect that the  :puke: NCAA has no clue as to what the right thing is and would be staunchly opposed to doing it even if they did.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

pioneerhog

Cancer is a bad thing to have, I wish Gary Snider the best with his battle. I fully respect Zach's choice to go back closer to home. His dad is sick and for all he knows he could be spending his last moments with him. I wish Gary and Zach the best in their futures and hope Gary is able to kick the cancer.

Oklahawg

Zach will be a major force for TU this year. He's one of those players that slipped through the cracks at UA.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ste4236

Zach was so fun to watch in HS, when I heard about this last month from a friend I was disappointed I was not going to get to see him play live this year. My prayers go out to him tho.

And as for the Tulsa World......... BLAH! I wont waste my energy. lol

"Cajun King"

Student at Colorado State University

das450

If Zach wasn't demoted he would hae stayed,  my sources say he went and confronted coach about not getting the starting spot and exploded on the coach and the coach said, "your not starting" and then he left for Tulsa.

Landonhog

Quote from: das450 on June 19, 2006, 08:16:43 am
If Zach wasn't demoted he would hae stayed,  my sources say he went and confronted coach about not getting the starting spot and exploded on the coach and the coach said, "your not starting" and then he left for Tulsa.

FALSE.

hogfog

hog caller

good luck to you ZAck and God be with gGary during his time of need. atr times it seems like we get one hill after another but we have benn told that ewhen we come to that hill we can't climb by ourselves God said I will show up , not send a messenger but he will be there to help you through it.