Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The word Parity.....

Started by HatfieldHog, June 17, 2006, 07:08:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HatfieldHog

Parity is one of those words that we love to talk about when it comes to the NFL, they have been wildly successful with it.  There is none of it in MLB Baseball, we still have the "Evil Empire NYY."  The NBA, who knows and who cares?  College Football and Basketball seems to be getting more and more of it.

Yet, when it comes to Golf, we're all bummed that Tiger didn't make the cut at the US Open.  Viewership is down because of his missing the cut.  We just want to see him win, and surpass the Golden Bear's record of majors. 

I guess that Parity is one of those things that is like Mustard; we like it on our hot dogs, but not on our burgers.

What do you think about Parity?       See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

GrizzledHogFan

You must've missed the thread where tons of people were happy to see Tiger fail and go home.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

HatfieldHog

I must have missed it. But the ratings asscessment is true, when he is not competing, the ratings go down.  Heck, I want him to win, and dominate in golf, but I love the salary cap in the NFL, where a team cannot dominate for 10 years anymore.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Richard_white

Quote from: HatfieldHog on June 17, 2006, 07:28:14 pm
I must have missed it. But the ratings asscessment is true, when he is not competing, the ratings go down.  Heck, I want him to win, and dominate in golf, but I love the salary cap in the NFL, where a team cannot dominate for 10 years anymore.

See ya

I like mustard on my hamburgers

HatfieldHog

Mustard on Hamburgers?  Perish the thought!

How much imposed "parity" belongs in college sports?  Did Title 9 do enough?  Should they cut the scholarship limit back to 75?  That would loosen up 10 decent players to go to smaller schools.  Interesting questions, but there may be enough parity in college sports now.

See ya

Richard_white

Quote from: HatfieldHog on June 17, 2006, 09:17:52 pm
Mustard on Hamburgers?  Perish the thought!

How much imposed "parity" belongs in college sports?  Did Title 9 do enough?  Should they cut the scholarship limit back to 75?  That would loosen up 10 decent players to go to smaller schools.  Interesting questions, but there may be enough parity in college sports now.

See ya

Parity in college football?  Not sure but the thought of it sounds good.  Love to see a Ball St vs USC in a National Championship.

NFL is the only pro sport that has parity because of the free agency.  In a way I would put the  NBA in but seems to me the same damn teams are in the playoffs.