Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sporting News 2006

Started by Atreyu, June 16, 2006, 04:00:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Atreyu

has Notre Dame at #1, Ohio State at #2, Auburn at #3.

Arkansas ranked in at a whopping #45. Our backfield was ranked 8th...in the SEC. They said an 8-4 season would be possible.

Come on Hogs, lets show this fat sumbitch who his daddy is.
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

maniax22bolts20

Its where we are at the end of the season that counts. Time to Go Hogwild !!

nwarkboyz#1

how can our backfeild be ranked 8th in the sec when we were the best last year and no one has left, that just shows how much arkansas is underated
You wanna know what the hardest thing about being an Ole Miss fan is?........ Telling you're parents that you're gay!..... Arkansas football is my passion. Hating colonel REB is more like a hobby of mine.

musiccityhog

Backfield 8th in the SEC??? I can't think of one that's even close.
Your name? Fletch F. Fletch
Your Address? Seven
Your occupation? I'm a Shepherd

nwarkboyz#1

they shouldent be worrying about the postion at QB, well just let D-macs legs do all of the talking for us.
You wanna know what the hardest thing about being an Ole Miss fan is?........ Telling you're parents that you're gay!..... Arkansas football is my passion. Hating colonel REB is more like a hobby of mine.

hogfan064

Quote from: leftovers on June 16, 2006, 06:43:37 am
They're probably factoring in uncertainty at quarterback.

Even then, 8th is still way too low.

At RB I'd think we'd rank at lowest 2nd behind Auburn.  At QB we'd rank below

Florida
USC
Auburn
LSU

MSU, Ole Miss, UGA, Bama, Vandy, UK, and even Tenn all have QB questions

I'd put us ahead of Bama, Vandy, UK, and MSU for QB because we have the #1 QB in HS coming in. 

UT has a very talented QB in Ainge and UGA also has what many consider the #1 HS QB.  At worst Arkansas is 8th best at the QB position

nwarkboyz#1

yeah i would agree with you on the fact that UGA has a good QB coming in, stafford is pretty good, but hes not quite mitch.

musiccityhog

Yeah,I didn't think about the QB thing.
Your name? Fletch F. Fletch
Your Address? Seven
Your occupation? I'm a Shepherd

nwarkboyz#1

McFadden is already on a watch list and he is only a sophomore, Felix Jones is a 3rd string all American, and i dont even have to say anything about Peyton Hillis. Bad QB or not our backfield should have no trouble being one of the best in the sec.

hogfan064

Quote from: nwarkboyz#1 on June 16, 2006, 06:59:38 am
yeah i would agree with you on the fact that UGA has a good QB coming in, stafford is pretty good, but hes not quite mitch.

Of course Stafford also practiced in the spring.  But Mitch has experience with the OC.  Both will play plenty this year so we'll have to wait and see who's the best

SwinedMelon

Notre Dame at #1 was my first clue that poll was out of whack. Who cares... who reads that thing anyways?
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

Macgyver Hawg

We did get stuffed in the running game against Vandy and South Carolina.

PigPusher

And a whole lot of it is just opinion however biased.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

werehog

After Georgia Tech knocks off ND, the Domers will begin a major swoon.

casken

After ranking our backfield 8th...nothing else the rag says has any validity.  I do hope others we play believe though and won't they be surprised!  WPS :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

rzrbaxfan

QuoteBackfield 8th in the SEC??? I can't think of one that's even close.

Auburn Maybe..Kenny Irons is a stud and they have others too that rolled over us last year....But I dont see us lower than Second in the SEC.  8th is BS.

I put Sporting News with CBS Sportsline's mag..not worth the money.  Steele, Athlon, and Lindy's in that order and thats it for me.

WindyCityHog

The Sporting News should just stick to Major League Baseball....Their annual college football mags are virtually useless....It's not their forte....

I am not a koolaid drinker.....but the Hog backfield?  To say it's 8th in the SEC is ridiculous....SN must have our backfield confused with our recruiting ;)

MCPeePants

Quote from: musiccityhog on June 16, 2006, 06:41:16 am

Auburn. Irons is really good. Not sure I'd rank them ahead of us though.

Auburn and Arkansas definitely have to be 1/2.

8th? WTH??

8th in the nation maybe.

Sporting News is an idiot.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on June 16, 2006, 10:08:20 am
Steele, Athlon, and Lindy's in that order and thats it for me.

Lindy's ain't worth darn.  Huge Bammar and Allbarn homers, but they are published in Birmingham.

Lindy's isn't good enough to line a bird cage.

texasssucks

Quote from: MCPeePants on June 16, 2006, 10:36:49 am
Quote from: musiccityhog on June 16, 2006, 06:41:16 am

Auburn. Irons is really good. Not sure I'd rank them ahead of us though.

Auburn and Arkansas definitely have to be 1/2.

8th? WTH??

8th in the nation maybe.

Sporting News is an idiot.

+ 1 to you man, I agree.

Richard_white

I don't even read any of those mags.  Perdictions that is all it is. 

PulledPork

Quote from: leftovers on June 16, 2006, 06:43:37 am
They're probably factoring in uncertainty at quarterback.

Even then, 8th is still way too low.
why??  we have the best "hander-offers" in the SEC!!

Pulled out...

werehog

Predictions, Gee Whiz who really cares if some lardbutt journalist at the sporting news proclaims us #45 before a down of the 2006 season is played? I don't think any team in the SEC has better overall talent in the backfield than the Hogs. We are at the very least the equal of Auburn in the RB department. No one has a better HB/FB than Peyton Hills and as to QB, we shall see what this season will bring.

Atreyu

The QB situation is predicted as follows: Casey Dick as the starter, but "this team will be Mustain's much sooner than later."
HEYHEYHEY

BigPapaHawg

There is no way we have the 8th ranked backfield in the SEC, those guys are a joke!
WOO PIG

Biggus Piggus

Did Sporting News include QBs in the backfield?
[CENSORED]!

Tomhog™

A team that dominated stats in '05 in running is predicted 8th the following year?  These guys must be using a pair of dice and roll to see who goes where.  That makes about as much sense as putting Arkansas 8th.  I can't see Auburn's ground attack being better than Arkansas.  We have a tandem of two backs that are the envy of the other 118 schools. 

Atreyu

Auburn 1
LSU 2
Florida 3
Georgia 4
Tennessee 5
South Carolina 6
Alabama 7
Arkansas 8

Oh, and we have the 10th rated coach in the SEC.
HEYHEYHEY

GuvHog

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 17, 2006, 05:39:55 pm
Quote from: rzrbaxfan on June 16, 2006, 10:08:20 am
Steele, Athlon, and Lindy's in that order and thats it for me.

Lindy's ain't worth Shiite.  Huge Bammar and Allbarn homers, but they are published in Birmingham.

Lindy's isn't good enough to line a bird cage.

Hey, at least Lindys picked the Hogs ahead of Bama, thats saying
something for them.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

rzrbaxfan

QuoteDid Sporting News include QBs in the backfield?

Yes they did, but 8 still seems pretty low to me.

GuvHog

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on June 19, 2006, 10:05:09 am
QuoteDid Sporting News include QBs in the backfield?

Yes they did, but 8 still seems pretty low to me.

The #8 ranking is Rediculous!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: GUVHOG on June 19, 2006, 09:48:49 amHey, at least Lindys picked the Hogs ahead of Bama, thats saying
something for them.

I just had a mild heart attack.

Someone hold me.