Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody read the DemGaz about War Memorials Astroplay?

Started by LA HAWG, June 15, 2006, 09:56:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LA HAWG

It is worn out after only four years.  What a piece of crap WM is.  :puke:

Arazorbackguy1

how?  no one ever plays there!   geez...  See maybe Frank was right about moving all the games up to Fayetteville.  The turf just can't handle us pigs these days.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Hugehogsfan

Wow here we go.  "LET"S GET READY TO RUMMMMMMBLLLEEEEEE!" 

Rey Pygsterio

I was against putting in artifical turf in the first place. I made many posts complaining about the decision and the lack of coverage from the media before the decision was made, which prevented any public input.

Artificial turf is a disgrace at any stadium. I can't believe the stadium commission wasted all that money only to have to replace it now.

DO THE RIGHT THING AND GO BACK TO GRASS.
"Rey Pygsterio will slash the tires on your Flex Fuel Tahoe and slap your Bentonville princess wife in the face." - Latarian

hogsanity

Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on June 15, 2006, 11:07:39 am
I was against putting in artifical turf in the first place. I made many posts complaining about the decision and the lack of coverage from the media before the decision was made, which prevented any public input.

Artificial turf is a disgrace at any stadium. I can't believe the stadium commission wasted all that money only to have to replace it now.

Doing the right thing does not involve WMS.......................but this topic has been beaten to death as well.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Rey Pygsterio

Forget the Razorbacks in WMS for a second. There are a ton of high school football games there. Why are we giving them a surface to play on that is more harmful than grass? Why is this allowed to happen at any high school venues, for that matter?
"Rey Pygsterio will slash the tires on your Flex Fuel Tahoe and slap your Bentonville princess wife in the face." - Latarian

hogsanity

Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on June 15, 2006, 11:15:35 am
Forget the Razorbacks in WMS for a second. There are a ton of high school football games there. Why are we giving them a surface to play on that is more harmful than grass? Why is this allowed to happen at any high school venues, for that matter?

The people in charge of this stadium have never shown they have many functioning brain cells, so why does this shock anyone.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DOGALUM

I don't know what kind of surface is at WMS......not the specifics.  But I don know that the turf at Springdale High School is not "more harmful than grass".  I assume the surface at RRS and WMS is the same......or similar....but I'm not sure of that.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

GBPackerFan

All you people who don't think they should be having games at War Memorial are crazy.  Those are the funnest games of the year.  I enjoy going to those games more than I do RRS.  Sure, RRS is obviously a much nicer facility, but WMS is so much more crazy.  I love it.

hogsanity

Quote from: GBPackerFan on June 15, 2006, 11:32:03 am
All you people who don't think they should be having games at War Memorial are crazy.  Those are the funnest games of the year.  I enjoy going to those games more than I do RRS.  Sure, RRS is obviously a much nicer facility, but WMS is so much more crazy.  I love it.

You can get drunk in Fayetteville just as easy as in LR. 

DOGALUM

June 15, 2006, 11:40:29 am #10 Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 11:43:00 am by DOGALUM
Quote from: hogsanity on June 15, 2006, 11:34:29 am

True....true....

And Packerfan....I'm not crazy.  What's crazy is playing a football game 3 hours away from campus and making a ton less money on it.....and having less fans......and dressing in a crappy dressing room.......etc.     Might as well play in St. Louis.....or Oklahoma City.....
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

go hogues

When WMS got that stuff it was the first generation of it.  When you look at it, you can see all the pools of collected rubber balls.  Newer fields of the same kind don't really have that problem.  Is it just me or does the UA have more bad luck with turf choices than anyone?  I remember, in my lifetime, WMS has had like four different surfaces and RRS the same (although their grass looks impeccable each game, kudos to THEIR turf crew).  
I guess WMS needs updated Astro play because going back to grass for them would be a poor decision because they wouldnt keep up with it in a proper way.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: DOGALUM on June 15, 2006, 11:21:45 am
I don't know what kind of surface is at WMS......not the specifics.  But I don know that the turf at Springdale High School is not "more harmful than grass".  I assume the surface at RRS and WMS is the same......or similar....but I'm not sure of that.
I think you are right.  It's not astroturf.  Supposed to be very safe.

HogFather

They are the same.  WMS turf is NOT more harmful than natural grass either.  Rey is talking about Astro Turf, and Austin and Lubbock are about the only places you can find that surface anymore, and even those are outdated. Oh yea, and the blue turf in Boise.

LA HAWG

This post was not intended to bring back the GSD, even though it is inevitable.  My reason for posting this is to show another example of WMS being a POS.  GSD aside, they could do so much more there but nobody cares.

Lanny

I thought WMS replaced the grass because nobody there knew how to water the vegetation.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

GBPackerFan

Quote from: hogsanity on June 15, 2006, 11:34:29 am

I am not just talking about getting drunk.  If you sit there and tell me that the atmosphere in WMS is the same or worse as RRS, then you haven't been to a LR game.  I love going to both stadiums, but while I was going to school in Fayetteville, the first things my buddies and I did when the schedules came out was mark which games were in LR.  As did most of the state.

LA HAWG

Quote from: GBPackerFan on June 15, 2006, 01:17:28 pm
As did most of the state.

You need to quit speaking on behalf of the entire state or all hog fans.  It is rediculous to think that most of the state marked LR games.  I am from SWA and I don't know many people that prefer LR to Fay.

HoggyWood

The new turf will be much better than the old. It is a more proven company, and has done many stadiums around the world

GBPackerFan

Quote from: LA HAWG on June 15, 2006, 01:32:08 pm

You need to quit speaking on behalf of the entire state or all hog fans.  It is rediculous to think that most of the state marked LR games.  I am from SWA and I don't know many people that prefer LR to Fay.
Well, I have lived in both Little Rock and Fayetteville.  And pretty much everyone that likes to go to football games that I met while living in Fayetteville prefers to go to LR games.  Granted, we may be talking about different age groups here.  I am talking about people who are wrapping up college or are a year or two removed.  Obviously, the older crowd with families and such are less prone to traveling for a football game, but the age group I am talking about are.  And we love LR games.  And I was obviously not trying to speak for the entire state of Arkansas.  But I will try to be a little less general for you when I make my statements.  Hope I didn't slip up in this one.

JIHawg

Relax, guys.  This will work out okay.  WM got a great deal-Lowes got overbought in that green grass-like indoor/outdoor carpet that people put on their decks-so they made the stadium a great deal.  They've hired 50 Mexican seamstresses to sew it all together.  It should be in place by fall.

LA HAWG

Quote from: JIHawg on June 15, 2006, 01:50:55 pm
Relax, guys.  This will work out okay.  WM got a great deal-Lowes got overbought in that green grass-like indoor/outdoor carpet that people put on their decks-so they made the stadium a great deal.  They've hired 50 Mexican seamstresses to sew it all together.  It should be in place by fall.

It will be just like the turf that Joe Namath played on in the Brady's back yard.  :D

ClubChubby

I prefer little rock. Hell, we win there.
The golf course is golden. Wander around before the game and see hundreds of old friends. Just not the same at fayetteville, and I'm from fayetteville.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: LA HAWG on June 15, 2006, 01:32:08 pmYou need to quit speaking on behalf of the entire state or all hog fans.  It is rediculous to think that most of the state marked LR games.  I am from SWA and I don't know many people that prefer LR to Fay.

Don't purport to claim that most of the state prefers all the games being played in the glorified tomb that is RRS, either.

As for the turf, I was on it a few years ago and it wasn't in the best of shape then.  Walk on it after a rain.  Your shoes will be covered in black rubber specks.  Plus, the turf didn't seem all that thick, either.

Hog Gumbo

Quote from: ClubChubby on June 15, 2006, 04:24:59 pm
The golf course is golden. Wander around before the game and see hundreds of old friends. Just not the same at fayetteville, and I'm from fayetteville.

Yes well take a look at the opponents that we play there and there lies the answer, LSU put that streak to bed two years ago. Time to move on and stop wearing those Houndstooth t-shirts. We lose money that could be used for other things playing for the sake of playing in that antiquianted concrete dump. Its an embarrassment if you ask anybody else in the league other than the miss schools.

BigHog396

Quote from: Hog Gumbo on June 15, 2006, 06:13:26 pm
Quote from: ClubChubby on June 15, 2006, 04:24:59 pm

Yes well take a look at the opponents that we play there and there lies the answer, LSU put that streak to bed two years ago. Time to move on and stop wearing those Houndstooth t-shirts. We lose money that could be used for other things playing for the sake of playing in that antiquianted concrete dump. Its an embarrassment if you ask anybody else in the league other than the miss schools.

Exactly.  It isn't hard have a great record when you typically play ULM and South Carolina.  Throw in LSU every other year, and they haven't been that great until the last couple of years.  Granted, we have really dropped the ball in Fayetteville, but most fans that were actually at the Texas game at RRS say that was the most amazing atmosphere they have EVER seen for any Hog game.

hogsrule44

Worn out or not it still brings better crowds to the games. Not as many people but better crowds for the games noise wise.

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: LA HAWG on June 15, 2006, 01:32:08 pm
Honestly I still do.

GBPackerFan

Quote from: hogsrule44 on June 16, 2006, 02:34:27 am
Worn out or not it still brings better crowds to the games. Not as many people but better crowds for the games noise wise.
Oh there are more people at LR games.  The stadium is just not large enough to fit everyone.  You can't find an empty seat in that place.  Then the other several thousand people are still out on the golf course listening to the game.

woodhog14

Quote from: HogFather on June 15, 2006, 12:09:31 pm

They are the same.  WMS turf is NOT more harmful than natural grass either.  Rey is talking about Astro Turf, and Austin and Lubbock are about the only places you can find that surface anymore, and even those are outdated. Oh yea, and the blue turf in Boise.

Austin is natural grass and Lubbock is going to the AstroPlay for the first time this year. Also RRS is natural grass as well, so WMS is a different surface.

Big Papa Satan

What gets me is that they can grow grass to look right in Green Bay Fricking Wisconsin in January, but can't seem to do it in Little Rock during the summer.

Anyone remember how bad it looked for the UNLV game there in 2001?

Richard_white

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 17, 2006, 04:52:33 pm
What gets me is that they can grow grass to look right in Green Bay Fricking Wisconsin in January, but can't seem to do it in Little Rock during the summer.

Anyone remember how bad it looked for the UNLV game there in 2001?

Do we really need to remember the game?

HatfieldHog

Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on June 15, 2006, 11:07:39 am

I echo your sentiment completely.    Do the right thing and go back to grass!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

GassHogg

Quote from: LA HAWG on June 15, 2006, 09:56:05 am
It is worn out after only four years.  What a piece of crap WM is.  :puke:
I love WMS. I've seen alot of good Razorback football the last 8 years. Last year they installed a new scoreboard in the south endzone with a video screen to watch replays. The atmosphere is loud and crazy. I'm not putting down RRS I've been there twice and it was very nice.  :razorback: WPS

The Pulse

Sounds like a job for Gilbert Mackleroy. Doesn't srpingdale have nice astro turf? Maybe WMS could get some pointers.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Fresh Legs on June 17, 2006, 05:02:25 pmThen again, after 18 beers I doubt you could tell anyway.

Eighteen?

Is that all?  Most of us are just warming up after only 18.