Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

On Twitter.....

Started by okiehawg, November 23, 2012, 03:44:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

Quote from: steefhog on November 23, 2012, 05:39:13 pm
I believe you are mistaken.

If this is true, I will be thrilled.

If he is the man, I hope I'm mistaken, too.

GoHogs1091

There would be a big question mark regarding whether or not Petersen could consistently recruit high quality SEC level players.  Recruiting in this part of the nation and going up against other SEC teams on the recruiting trail is a a tough task, particularly for someone who is used to recruiting up there at Boise State.  Petersen would simply not be used to the recruiting intensity that occurs in this part of the nation when going up against other SEC teams on the recruiting trail. 

Also, there is the aspect/pattern of the following former Boise State Coaches and their terrible Head Coaching results after they left Boise State.

Dirk Koetter
Coach Ineptitude (Nutt)
Dan Hawkins

rljjr

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 23, 2012, 04:14:02 pm
Sorry oh Boise Fan.  Follow up care is always important to a parent.  If it weren't, he would have left your weak excuse for a football program for one of the other jobs he has been offered.

That's kind of uncalled for.

SWarkansasman

No recruit would ever be told this information by anybody in the U of A sports dept. 

moses_007

Quote from: kj0N on November 23, 2012, 05:43:10 pm
I'm going to ask the obvious question.  Any insight as to who would be telling recruits it's Petersen?  Some drunken fan in the stands?  A member of the athletic dept?

Had to have come from some drunk, Houston Dale Nutt lover lurking about in the stands among the recruits.  Didn't HDN come here from Boise State?  We all know how that experiment went.

BERLY_HOGMAN

Quote from: ArkieRebel on November 23, 2012, 04:54:12 pm
Hey Boise fan, Lou Holtz left the Jets with three games to play to coach somewhere else. Know where he went? Arkansas... You like apples? How you like them apples?

PLUS ONE! NICE! HEE HEE

titanhawg

Quote from: FootballFan15 on November 23, 2012, 05:15:56 pm

Just don't be too disappointed when your next coach isn't Petersen. This isn't the first time I've read this board either. Many here talked down to Boise State over its accomplishments but its funny how you'd give your left nut to have our coach as your coach. Very funny.

Just because you have an inferiority complex at BSU (just like many Hog fans do)...doesn't mean we don't totally respect what BSU has done and don't totally think Petersen is a top 5 coach.  We'd LOVE to have him.

Not saying it's going to happen...but you need to know that some very respected journalists have said players have been told of the possibility of Petersen...and Petersen has been talked about on all of the UA boards in the past 24 hours.

Remember...you are the one coming to a Hog board talking smack...not the other way around.

If you keep him, which is likely, good for you.  If he comes here...good for us.

aarontou

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 23, 2012, 04:07:09 pm
Part is this and part is Children's Hospital/St Judes in Memphis.
The Arkansas Children's Hospital also has a unit at Lowell, north of Fayetteville.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: whosiskid on November 23, 2012, 04:19:31 pm
The rumors here are the new coach getting over $6 million.

I am hearing 4 million for Petersen and 1.5 for Davis as DC and assistant HC
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Matt_in_FYV

Agreed, just don't understand the logic of coming to another schools board and saying as much.  Despite this guys appearance here, I still won't be headed to a BSU board to call their fans clowns for whatever reason.

WilsonHog

"@WallyLikeItIs: Recruits to today's Hog game were NOT told anything about next coach."

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 23, 2012, 06:37:59 pm
"@WallyLikeItIs: Recruits to today's Hog game were NOT told anything about next coach."

Well logic would certainly support this.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

FaytownHog

I talked to a recruit that was there and they weren't told a name, but they were told to expect something soon, maybe as soon as this weekend. That's just what one recruit said though. Not sure about all of them as a group.

SEdrhawg

Quote from: SWarkansasman on November 23, 2012, 06:02:04 pm
No recruit would ever be told this information by anybody in the U of A sports dept.

It is standard practice for recruits to be informed of the pending hire prior to it being released.  I know for a fact that the basketball recruits knew that CMA would be the hire about 48 hours before it was announced, and they were informed of the hire by a athletics department employee.

Not saying that Chris peterson is/is not the guy, I have no idea.  But recruits are told such things...

FaytownHog

Him and his other media friends who are buddies with Long are saying this but the truth is none of them talked to EVERY recruit that was there as they were leaving or hung out with ALL of them ALL the time. It would be impossible. They were asked to say this by Long.

I'm not saying the name Petersen was floated out there, but I've talked to a recruit that was there today and they weren't told NOTHING about the search. This guy wasn't told a name, but he was told to expect something soon. Possibly as soon as this weekend, fwiw.

FaytownHog

Quote from: CattleCorn on November 23, 2012, 05:32:06 pm
If you don't think this has legs you're wrong.
It definitely has legs! Just look at this pic a friend of mine sent me from earlier today!

Pork Twain

I would say it is safe to say that nobody knows anything at this point.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Piggie

That Bottoms Up Pic has been cracking me up all week.
It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

TheRazorbacks

Quote from: FaytownHog on November 23, 2012, 10:29:53 pm
It definitely has legs! Just look at this pic a friend of mine sent me from earlier today!
he looks disgusted. Or disappointed

FaytownHog

Quote from: Piggie on November 23, 2012, 10:40:36 pm
That Bottoms Up Pic has been cracking me up all week.
It's a popular home run hire hang out!

Razorod

Quote from: FaytownHog on November 23, 2012, 10:27:36 pm
Him and his other media friends who are buddies with Long are saying this but the truth is none of them talked to EVERY recruit that was there as they were leaving or hung out with ALL of them ALL the time. It would be impossible. They were asked to say this by Long.

I'm not saying the name Petersen was floated out there, but I've talked to a recruit that was there today and they weren't told NOTHING about the search. This guy wasn't told a name, but he was told to expect something soon. Possibly as soon as this weekend, fwiw.
interesting if they're saying the announcement might be this weekend.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

rzrbk4life

Quote from: BeoPig™ on November 23, 2012, 10:34:00 pm

I agree with this post 100%
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Cobi Hamilton Fan

Quote from: BeoPig™ on November 23, 2012, 10:34:00 pm
This....this right here. We have a winner

bpoecell

Quote from: FaytownHog on November 23, 2012, 10:41:43 pm
It's a popular home run hire hang out!

Does anybody think that may be why we didn't land Gruden? Bottoms Up may not be the best place to negotiate!

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Quote from: FaytownHog on November 23, 2012, 10:29:53 pm

But does he ride a Harley?
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

Doug

Quote from: FootballFan15I highly doubt he has much interest in a mid-tier SEC school. How's that for absurd?
I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you, because... well... you won't win. Just want to clarify one thing and then ask you a direct question.

A Mid-Tier SEC school is better than 90% of the schools in any other conference with the exception of Pac 12. A 8-4 SEC school would easily be 10-2 (or better) every year in any other conference.

Now, for my question: Boise State started playing football in 1932, yet their records do not list anything prior to 1968. Every other school in FBS/DI-A lists their records from inception. Why does Boise State not do the same?

FYI, I emailed Boise State's FB SID this exact question (though it was much nicer, since it was accompanied with a request for historical information from 1932 - 1967) last year and never yeard back.

So... why does Boise State refuse to acknowledge their 1932 to 1967 seasons?
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Douglas on November 24, 2012, 09:07:01 am
I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you, because... well... you won't win. Just want to clarify one thing and then ask you a direct question.

A Mid-Tier SEC school is better than 90% of the schools in any other conference with the exception of Pac 12. A 8-4 SEC school would easily be 10-2 (or better) every year in any other conference.

Now, for my question: Boise State started playing football in 1932, yet their records do not list anything prior to 1968. Every other school in FBS/DI-A lists their records from inception. Why does Boise State not do the same?

FYI, I emailed Boise State's FB SID this exact question (though it was much nicer, since it was accompanied with a request for historical information from 1932 - 1967) last year and never yeard back.

So... why does Boise State refuse to acknowledge their 1932 to 1967 seasons?

Bear...wasnt BSU a Junior College or Community College until 1967?
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 23, 2012, 04:20:34 pm
Not exactly.  This is a little over $4 million from what I am hearing.

Not exactly....AD has stated he is willing to make next coach highest paid in the SEC.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: FootballFan15 on November 23, 2012, 04:31:27 pm

Provide written notice - you don't think it would have gotten out if it were true? Also, when was Petersen ever in Fayetteville? You accepts job without even visiting?

We need to hire Petersen NOW....he's the only coach in America who doesnt have an agent!

Doug

Quote from: tusksincoloradoBear...wasnt BSU a Junior College or Community College until 1967?
Yep, as were nearly 25% of the schools that I've researched for GH. Yet I still have their complete histories. Every school I've come across has embraced their CFB history, no matter WHAT level they played at. Boise State is the ONLY one that doesn't, and it really pisses me off.

No worries, though... I'll eventually piece it together, once I get down to NAIA/DIII teams. Then Boise won't have to hide behind whatever apron Mommy's holding. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

murthage

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on November 23, 2012, 04:26:15 pm
Pete Roussel of Coachingsearch.com pouring cold water on this one

http://www.coachingsearch.com/component/content/article/1810-is-chris-petersen-involved-in-the-arkansas-coaching-search.html

Posted this on another Thread by mistake, but my response to Pete Roussel follows:  (If not proper to post same information twice, just delete)

Some are taking these comments from Pete Roussel's article to say it can't happen....

"Per Chris Petersen's contract, the Boise State head coach must provide written (or e-mail) notice at least 24 hours before interviewing for a coaching job at another college or with an NFL organization.

Peterson's buyout is $750,000.

The contract also states that if Petersen leaves Boise State, he must do so after the end of the season, including a Boise State bowl game."

However, I do not interpret it that way, and offer the following "positive comments":

1. 24-hour notification of intent is standard legalize, and would not prevent contact from being made with Arkansas or any other suitor prior to the season's end.... only that he must advise his AD of his intent to interview.  Which may or may not result in the acceptance of another job.

2. The buy out of $750,000 is a steal.

3.  So he cannot "leave" before the end of the season plus any bowl game.  That is a clause designed to protect the current players and the University.  It does not say he cannot accept another position, if the 24 hour notification process is complied with, only that he must commit to complete the current season.

Boise State would have the option to release him from the bowl game, as Arkansas did with the Nutster, or insist he meet his contractual obligation.

Seems to me there is a process which is clearly defined, which must be followed to allow him to consider any other coaching position in the NCAA or NFL.

It all looks good to me.  He can pursue any thing he cares to, if done iaw his current contract.

Welcome aboard Coach Chris Petersen, we have enough quality players returning to allow you and your staff to continue to excel at winning and developing young student/athletes.    :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:

tusksincolorado

Quote from: FootballFan15 on November 23, 2012, 05:15:56 pm

Just don't be too disappointed when your next coach isn't Petersen. This isn't the first time I've read this board either. Many here talked down to Boise State over its accomplishments but its funny how you'd give your left nut to have our coach as your coach. Very funny.

Why is it always the left nut?

Is it the better nut? or the worst nut?

Or is the right nut the only one worth keeping? making the left nut expendable?

Or if your right handed, does the right nut keep you balanced?

If you are right handed and you lose your left nut....would you walk around in circles if your weighted down on the right side?

Or are Boise Fans just enamoured with the left nut? Meaning they are truly racist....against right nuts!

OR IS IT BECAUSE......IT'S THE RIGHT NUT!

Hogfaniam

Concerning staying to the finish, its usually never the coach's decision.  Usually, the school tells them to go on, unless it's a retirement.  10 schools had interim coaches in their bowl games last year.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

curiousgeorge

Quote from: chiefsfan on November 23, 2012, 05:50:07 pm
You guys do understand you can lie to an 18 year old recruit when it comes to coaching searches?  Right?

Boise's season is not over, and his contract has so many clauses in it, that it will take a lot of work to get out of. 

What you and many other good folks don't understand is that a contract can be broken.  Its not a life sentence.  If the buyout is $750,000 then that will be the price that will have to be paid if it is broken.  Fact is it is no less or more likely CP than anyone else we have been reading about although this rumor has much smoke surrounding it.  Does Boise play today or next Saturday?

And for all of the Jeff Long haters- get a grip and remember who caused this problem in the first place.  It was JL BP.  And remember one more thing- Frank Broyles in his last 15 years of being AD.  Whoever it is I will take our AD over any in the country.

MDH

Quote from: steefhog on November 23, 2012, 05:39:13 pm
I believe you are mistaken.

If this is true, I will be thrilled.

I'll not often outright agree with Steef, but in this case I do.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul