Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhawg

I thought he was already in jail.

Wildhog

What could have been...
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

(notOM)Rebel123

What a shame. Wasted talent. Hopefully he can get his life on track.
160 lbs?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hoggy Bear

The thing is, Maudracus Humphrey and Andrew Peterson did their time, admitted their mistakes, and went on and signed with other programs (UAB & Southern Miss).  Wade had more talent than either of them and has seemed to squander it all away.

JIHawg

Must have liked Fayetteville.

hawkhawg

Quote from: Hoggy Bear on March 09, 2015, 09:37:03 pm
The thing is, Maudracus Humphrey and Andrew Peterson did their time, admitted their mistakes, and went on and signed with other programs (UAB & Southern Miss).  Wade had more talent than either of them and has seemed to squander it all away.

This. Why is he still in Fayetteville?

Hawgzinbowlz

Hopefully he'll turn it around.

onebadrubi

That definitely wasn't a fair catches signal

onebadrubi

Quote from: hawkhawg on March 09, 2015, 09:39:46 pm
This. Why is he still in Fayetteville?

Am I reading it wrong?  Looks like he was picked up Jacksonville Fl for violations from Washington county?

razorback44

March 09, 2015, 11:13:35 pm #10 Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 11:24:48 pm by razorback44
Quote from: onebadrubi on March 09, 2015, 10:44:25 pm
Am I reading it wrong?  Looks like he was picked up Jacksonville Fl for violations from Washington county?

Checked out his twitter and it looks like he was coming back to Fayetteville to visit. He said it was the first time he would have been back since 2012.

He actually had a pretty good season at Butler CC too. He might have had some decent offers after next year.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

DOGALUM

Hopefully, we will never hear of him again.....though I suspect that we will.  He will end up killing someone.   

He's had his chance to "turn it around".   Some people never learn. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Rzbakfromwaybak

Doesn't seem to matter how many chances this guy gets....he just doesn't get it.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

yraciv

Some on here are quick to judge. Did someone really just say that these incidents will turn him into a killer? All that says is he got arrested for a parole violation. Though not good, none of us know the terms of his parole, so it could be a very simple violation or a serious crime.  Given the we don't know the facts of the situation and everyone is given their day in court.  Last I heard he has only been convicted of 1 crime and served for that, I have no idea how he has grown as a man since then.

yraciv

In other news, Leo Propst got another public intox.  Man that guy has been racking them up for so long, I hope Washington County has enshrined him in their Hall of Fame!

ZERO

Yeah, a parole violation could mean quite literally anything, even something not necessarily against the law.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: yraciv on March 10, 2015, 12:43:19 am
In other news, Leo Propst got another public intox.  Man that guy has been racking them up for so long, I hope Washington County has enshrined him in their Hall of Fame!

I'm slow-clapping for you right now.

Marvin Stadter would be a close runner-up.

DOGALUM

Quote from: ZERO on March 10, 2015, 12:49:22 am
Yeah, a parole violation could mean quite literally anything, even something not necessarily against the law.
I'm no circuit judge....but isn't a parole violation, by definition, something that is against the law?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ZERO on March 10, 2015, 12:49:22 am

Most would say a parole violation is against the law.................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PorkRinds

Quote from: DOGALUM on March 09, 2015, 11:17:46 pm
Hopefully, we will never hear of him again.....though I suspect that we will.  He will end up killing someone.   

He's had his chance to "turn it around".   Some people never learn.

Killing someone? WTH?

jesterzzn

Quote from: DOGALUM on March 10, 2015, 04:16:49 pm
I'm no circuit judge....but isn't a parole violation, by definition, something that is against the law?

No.  A parole violation is against the agreement made with the state to avoid jail time for doing something that was against the law.

Matt Jones for example violated his parole when he drank beer while playing golf.  Not against the law, but a violation of his parole agreement.

DOGALUM

Quote from: jesterzzn on March 11, 2015, 02:11:52 am
No.  A parole violation is against the agreement made with the state to avoid jail time for doing something that was against the law.

Matt Jones for example violated his parole when he drank beer while playing golf.  Not against the law, but a violation of his parole agreement.
I know we are splitting hairs here.....but since you started it.....

No different than a felon possessing a gun.  May not be against the law for you or me....but it is for the felon.  Likewise, I assume the law states that you must abide by your probation agreement.....and in not doing so, the law is broken. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jesterzzn on March 11, 2015, 02:11:52 am

Any agreement with the government in effect is a law IF a violation would result in punishment...................

I have an agreement when I get a drivers license to not run a stoplight or stop sign and obey other traffic rules. If I do so and get caught I get punished.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jesterzzn

March 12, 2015, 04:35:39 pm #23 Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 04:58:20 pm by jesterzzn
Meh

PorkSoda

leaving your house is not against the law.

leaving your house is a parole violation if your parole states you must not leave the house.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: DOGALUM on March 11, 2015, 11:12:30 pm
I know we are splitting hairs here.....but since you started it.....

No different than a felon possessing a gun.  May not be against the law for you or me....but it is for the felon.  Likewise, I assume the law states that you must abide by your probation agreement.....and in not doing so, the law is broken. 
not the same, and not the point of the post in question.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Jackrabbit Hog

You fellows need to sit for the bar exam before tackling a tough topic like this.

I'll pick the bar if you'll pick up the tab.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hhicNaychaBoi

no not necessarily, parole can be violated for drinking alcohol, carrying a knife, or just being around someone else who is also a felon. You don't have to break a law to be violated. A violation occurs once the stipulations of that contract are broken.