Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Former Hog Recruit & McDonalds AA Vernon Macklin Transferring From Georgetown

Started by Hoggy Bear, April 24, 2008, 09:41:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kingofdequeen

could this be the x-fer that we've been savin' the last schollie for?

i...like EVERYONE else...figured it was anderson.  maybe our employment options weren't attractive enuff......

linze82

smite me bishes

Van Boarisson

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 24, 2008, 09:53:17 pm

i...like EVERYONE else...figured it was anderson.  maybe our employment options weren't attractive enuff......

I believe Welsh made a strong push for him, I am pretty sure they played together at Hargrave...Would be nice as he has three years left.

GHG.

Kilgor

nm.   Repeated Van Boarisson.   :-X
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Kilgor

VB beat me to it.

He played 2 years at Georgetown, so he would have to redshirt a year and then he would have 2 to play 2 starting in 2009.

He looks like the perfect fit for an up and down the court team.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Beaverfever

Van Boarisson

Quote from: Van Boarisson on April 24, 2008, 10:22:39 pm
I believe Welsh made a strong push for him, I am pretty sure they played together at Hargrave...Would be nice as he has three years left.

GHG.

Sorry...two years...To clarify, Welsh was pushing for him when they played high school ball together...I have no idea whether or not he is considering us now.

chiefsfan

Do we really want someone who couldnt make it in the Big east playing for a team that liked to slow the game down playing for an SEC school that likes to run?
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hoggy Bear

Quote from: chiefsfan on April 24, 2008, 10:50:24 pm
Do we really want someone who couldnt make it in the Big east playing for a team that liked to slow the game down playing for an SEC school that likes to run?

Maybe he fits a running system better....what's the best way to neutralize a run-and-gun team....you slow it down on them.  Perhaps he was taken out of his game by Georgetown's own system.

Hogz87

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 24, 2008, 09:53:17 pm

i...like EVERYONE else...figured it was anderson. 

Really?!?!

Why in the world does anyone still think James Anderson would transfer to Arkansas?  He is going to be a first round pick next year in the draft.  Why in the hel! would he transfer and sit out a year and put off his NBA career?  Are Hog fans really that self involved and stupid?

ChicoHog

Is this kid any relation to former LSU star Rudy  macklin?  If I remember he was a key player on their 1981 final four team.

kibster

If he is interested in us I would take him in a heart beat.  I think he would be a perfect fir for Pel.   here is what Scout has on his profile. "Superior athlete who runs, rebounds and dunks. Loves to get out in transition and finish with a momentum changing jam. Needs to play with consistent effort. Can be a dominant rebounding force and will get them in traffic. Patrols the paint as a shot blocker and has been known to intimidate. "

http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=1113061

Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hogz87 on April 24, 2008, 11:25:41 pm
Really?!?!

Why in the world does anyone still think James Anderson would transfer to Arkansas?  He is going to be a first round pick next year in the draft.  Why in the hel! would he transfer and sit out a year and put off his NBA career?  Are Hog fans really that self involved and stupid?

You would be suprised Hogs87 not everything is just speculation the fan base generated.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Razorod

Quote from: kibster on April 25, 2008, 07:10:36 am
If he is interested in us I would take him in a heart beat.  I think he would be a perfect fir for Pel.   here is what Scout has on his profile. "Superior athlete who runs, rebounds and dunks. Loves to get out in transition and finish with a momentum changing jam. Needs to play with consistent effort. Can be a dominant rebounding force and will get them in traffic. Patrols the paint as a shot blocker and has been known to intimidate. "

http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=1113061

I'd take him. He's a five in Pel's system. Frees you up to focus on Trent as a four in next year's class with Bush and Williams at the 1-2-3 slots.

Favors and Orton are long shots. Macklin was a top 25 type prospect coming out of hs and would be a natural fit. Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Corkscrew Johnson

Hogginitall

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on April 25, 2008, 08:43:13 am
Do we have any evidence that he's interested in us?

That's what I was wondering.  Besides the fact that we WERE recruiting him at some point, is there any evidence that he might look at us again?

Petrinohoggy

Im from smackover and have known JA a LONG time. Saw him this weekend at RDOTH watching his brother. I asked him and he IS NOT leaving OSU now. He did think about it but he likes Travis Ford and will stay for one more year before entering the draft.
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 25, 2008, 08:27:54 am
You would be suprised Hogs87 not everything is just speculation the fan base generated.

jackflash

with limited amount of offers for next year, would this be a good movie? I think we have a good shot at Walton and Williams. And the kid from West Memphis, can't remember his name?

Razorod

Quote from: jackflash on April 25, 2008, 10:59:39 am
with limited amount of offers for next year, would this be a good movie? I think we have a good shot at Walton and Williams. And the kid from West Memphis, can't remember his name?
the kid from W. Memphis is Jason Henry--signed with the 08 class. Walton is not rated that high. We'd still have room for Williams.

We will have more than two scholarships to give out for the 09 class.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

beansandtaters

Quote from: Razorod on April 25, 2008, 11:04:47 am
the kid from W. Memphis is Jason Henry--signed with the 08 class. Walton is not rated that high. We'd still have room for Williams.

I think you're talking about Henry. He's in this year's class not next years. AND of course this would be a good move (not sure if a movie would sell)! You don't turn away talent that wants to come to your school for the possibility that talent may want to come to your school in the future.

Beaverfever

I think as is there will be 4 schollys given next year....3 if we get a transfer.

Cresthog

Quote from: Razorod on April 25, 2008, 11:04:47 am

Walton is a 4 star. I'd say he is rated pretty high.

jackflash

I am talking about a kid who is 6-11 from West Memphis, just a junior.

jsimpso3

Quote from: Petrinohoggy on April 25, 2008, 09:00:11 am
Im from smackover and have known JA a LONG time. Saw him this weekend at RDOTH watching his brother. I asked him and he IS NOT leaving OSU now. He did think about it but he likes Travis Ford and will stay for one more year before entering the draft.

good

Wingo Hog

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Cresthog on April 25, 2008, 12:34:07 pm

Walton is a 4 star. I'd say he is rated pretty high.

Walton is good, damn good but Bush in my opinion is better and can play the 1,2 & 3.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*