Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nebraska has 80,000 for their spring game.

Started by SquidBilly, April 21, 2008, 05:30:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

drivetimeporks

Quote from: Fisticuffs on April 22, 2008, 11:27:16 am
No question, Nebraska is elite. Our history simply does not compare. There is nothing wrong with their facilities. They have a beautiful stadium. The most loyal fans in the Big XII. Speaking of the Big XII, its easy for us to soak up the SEC today and take pride in competing in the best conference in the nation but to use the SEC as an excuse for our mediocrity is ludacris. In the 90s the SEC was not the best conference and that's for damn sure. Big XII, Big Ten, ACC... they all competed on the same level as the SEC. And where were we? Soaking up mediocrity in the SEC. Where was Nebraska, winning titles.
roger that mav

Hugulus Hog

No question, Nebraska is elite. Our history simply does not compare. There is nothing wrong with their facilities. They have a beautiful stadium. The most loyal fans in the Big XII. Speaking of the Big XII, its easy for us to soak up the SEC today and take pride in competing in the best conference in the nation but to use the SEC as an excuse for our mediocrity is ludacris. In the 90s the SEC was not the best conference and that's for damn sure. Big XII, Big Ten, ACC... they all competed on the same level as the SEC. And where were we? Soaking up mediocrity in the SEC. Where was Nebraska, winning titles.

Preach on!

Passionate fan base.  Amazing tradition.  We've got to take off the hog colored glasses and realize that we just don't compare.

jkstock04

Quote from: ErieHog on April 21, 2008, 11:03:21 am
Remind me again how many NCs we have compared to them?  How prevalent are we in the national discussion compared to them?

There are times when fans should just keep their mouths shut about other programs, lest they simply make an entire fan base look foolish.
Exactly my thoughts.  I see people on here referring to a nat'l championship our team won over 40 years ago like it was yesterday, like it's a really big deal....then you turn around and read stuff like that.  Stupid.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

go hogues

Quote from: bighog77 on April 21, 2008, 01:29:11 pm
We will be doing good to get 40,000.  We just wont pack the house because our University is all the way at the edge of NW Arkansas.
We will not crack 20,000 Saturday night. 
Why any Arkansas fan would say that we have the best fans in the country is beyond me. 
We do not travel well and we rarely fill our stadium to capacity.

We have a long way to go to touch programs like:
Ohio State
LSU
Nebraska
Alabama
Southern Cal
Florida
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

DukeOfPork

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 21, 2008, 12:31:24 pm
You let 72,000 Hog fans show up Saturday and every Arkansan from Podunkville to Fifty-Six would be beating their chests. We'd be mad as hell and allege a conspiracy all the way to the White House if ESPN didn't lead off with the story on Sportscenter.

But let other schools do it and their fans are stupid, or there isn't anything else to do in such a backward place.

I never fail to be amused by people.

Okay guys, you know this is true.

This is absolutely true....

lyon98

Quote from: go hogues on April 22, 2008, 01:07:14 pm
Why any Arkansas fan would say that we have the best fans in the country is beyond me. 

Ohio State
LSU
Nebraska
Alabama
Southern Cal
Florida

You can add GA, FL and south carolina that put 80,000 or what ever in their stadium with losing teams. It was so bad that the Bryce family offered SC twice what they gave to build the stadium if the school would take their name off of it.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

Hugulus Hog

Quote from: go hogues on April 22, 2008, 01:07:14 pm

Ohio State
LSU
Nebraska
Alabama
Southern Cal
Florida

Add OU, Texas and Tennessee to the list.  Those fans could give a seminar on being passionate about their program.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on April 22, 2008, 02:53:48 pm
Add OU, Texas and Tennessee to the list.  Those fans could give a seminar on being passionate about their program.

OU only had 23K at their spring game.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

gohogsgo006

Once again, we know their proram is better. However, the actual teams that have played lately are comparable to our in the last 7 years. I didn't start this argument but i feel i need to stick up for the guy who did. He simply stated that Arkansas is better than Nebraska this century (2000-2008). As a matter of fact we are pretty close to total wins and losses. I dont think we are better than them, unless they suck bad this year and we take the more wins; but the teams "this century" as the guy said, are not too different.

Once again, we are talking teams this decade, not championships won in 1970. We are comparing apples to oranges here
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

Hugulus Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on April 22, 2008, 03:57:11 pm

Southern Cal only had 22k at their spring game.  Are you suggesting they aren't an elite program?

hogsanity

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on April 22, 2008, 04:45:54 pm
Southern Cal only had 22k at their spring game.  Are you suggesting they aren't an elite program?

No.  I am saying that even the ELITE teams dont always draw huge spring game crowds. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hugulus Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on April 22, 2008, 04:49:21 pm
No.  I am saying that even the ELITE teams dont always draw huge spring game crowds. 

I agree with that.  I misunderstood you.  I apologize.

BubbaHog4

Quote from: idiotghos on April 21, 2008, 02:57:55 pm
This has been the case for many, many years.  But hey, what's this?

It seems that superior athleticism can be recruited to teams no matter where they play.
Wow

El Puerco

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on April 22, 2008, 04:45:54 pm

I was VERY surprised to see that.

idiotghos

Quote from: Hawianiceman on April 22, 2008, 08:53:46 pm
its LA there's girls, beaches, UCLA and 'other' crap to do

I can see it now...

"Hey guys, anybody wanna go down to the spring game?"

"Nah, I'd rather go to UCLA."

arkyman

April 22, 2008, 10:19:00 pm #115 Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 10:23:12 pm by arkyman
Quote from: hogsanity on April 22, 2008, 03:57:11 pm

My brother was there, they charged 20-25 bucks a ticket -- also that number didn't include students who were let in free, was told it was more like 30,000. OU averages over 85,000 a game with a waiting list of 5,000, that would qualify them as passionate.

By the way, Florida only had 20,000 at their spring game.

AFWarrior83

Quote from: dqhog33 on April 21, 2008, 02:46:22 pm
YOu guys dont get it.  Notre Dame and Nebraska will never be the dominant teams they once were.  Why?  Several reasons.  They along with Penn St. used to be some of the few schools on TV every week.  Now they all are.  Another reason weather and facilities.  And the majority of good black athletes are on the west coast and the south.  Teams of the future are LSU, Florida, USC, TExas

Man you got owned on so many levels but I will agree with one thing you've said, Nebraska, Penn St, and Notre Dame will never be what they once were.  With saying that, I think they will still be every bit as successful as the UofA.  The SEC is the best conference most years from top to bottom imo, but it's an opinion not a fact.  I'm sure most Big XII fans can argue that their conference is the best.

Arkansas was owned by Big XII Mizzou in the cotton bowl, and lost to Big 10 (11) Wisconsin the year before in the capital one bowl.  Just b/c the SEC has won the NC the past two years, doesn't mean we have had the toughest conference, but I like to "think" it does personally.
Hogville member since 2005.