Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sorry, i don't give a da** if we win one game except this one!!!!

Started by intoxhog, April 19, 2008, 09:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OldPoop

Quote from: intoxhog on April 19, 2008, 10:32:40 pm
Did anyone read the D*** link???
Yes
Considering the source, the comments seem kind of mild compared to what they said about Jerry Jones and Arkansas for the first couple of years after he bought the Cowboys.  Jerry eventually shut them up and showed them to be clueless morons, Petrino will do the same.  They're really not worth worrying about.
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens my act only by permission.   Ayn Rand

You get what you pay for.   You pay for zombies, you get all you want – and then some. 
Milton Friedman
"To say the government is the source of prosperity is like saying that the ticks are keeping the dog alive."  Jeff Tucker
Government attracts sociopaths the way an open bar attracts alcoholics.      Doug Casey
War - the government tells you who the bad guy is . . . . . Revolution - you figure it out for yourself.

The Hawg Marshal

I remember the ole SWC days, and I still hate Texass. But its much more important to me that we beat Hooty and his new team. At least this year.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: idiotghos on April 20, 2008, 12:46:38 pm
And we hate texas.  End of story.

Yep, we do...they don't.  Not a rivalry anymore.  End of story.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

atekido

eh hat exas rivarly is long gone.  might aswell drop that for the new texas A&M matchups.

but to me. mabe im just not scared to keep facing them.  but.  Untill we play USC and beat them  we will forever be looked at as a highschool team vs an NFL team basically in how they handled us.

i want a naitonal cham more than anything.  i dont care at all about the sec champ.  that is meaningless outside the sec.  but i would almost rather us lose a game just to play USC trojans lol.

better yet I wish somehow by the gods we wound up playing USC for the national champ.

hogsanity

I want to beat Texas, but NO WAY would I trade win over them for a loss in the SEC.  Do you think GA would rather beat G-tech, and lose a SEC game?  Would Fla rather beat FSU or Miami, and lose a SEC game? 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HokieHawg

TX HOG

My friend is a HUGE Texas fan.  He doesn't get it why we hate them so much.  The only team Texas truly cares about is Oklahoma. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: TX HOG on April 20, 2008, 05:15:41 pm
My friend is a HUGE Texas fan.  He doesn't get it why we hate them so much.  The only team Texas truly cares about is Oklahoma. 

That's because many AR fans still see themselves as some red-headed stepchild with some score to settle.  It's like the immature nerd lusting over the hot girl.  It's all he can think about, but she doesn't even know he exists, nor does she care. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

hawkhawg

Quote from: rljjr on April 20, 2008, 10:16:21 am
Texas is inconsequential in the pantheon of college football. They're an "also ran" and they're on their way down.

I hate Texas, but I think with 4 National Championships with one of them coming 3 years ago that puts them in elite company.  They are no Alabama or Nebraska, but come on, if Texas is inconsequential to the pantheon of College Football what are we? a fly on the behind of the pantheon.    And if had to pick one game to win, I would pick Ole Miss.

Fisticuffs

Those texas posters keep talking about Arkansas and aTm in a battle against mediocrity and how elite they are when we've beaten them 3 out of the last 4 times we've played. And they can't buy a win vs aTm.

hawkhawg

I am glad we are in the best conference, but I sure do miss Texas, A&M, and SMU.   I wish we could play at least two of these guys every year. 

TX HOG

We may have won 3-4, but I think they hold the overall record by quite a bit.  I hate texas, but they don't hate us.  It's not a real rivalry to them.................just us.

idiotghos

Quote from: hogsanity on April 20, 2008, 04:12:29 pm
I want to beat Texas, but NO WAY would I trade win over them for a loss in the SEC.  Do you think GA would rather beat G-tech, and lose a SEC game?  Would Fla rather beat FSU or Miami, and lose a SEC game? 

What does it matter what they think?

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on April 20, 2008, 03:41:31 pm
Yep, we do...they don't.  Not a rivalry anymore.  End of story.

So we're only allowed to hate teams that hate us back?

intoxhog

Quote from: Fisticuffs on April 20, 2008, 05:53:58 pm
Those texas posters keep talking about Arkansas and aTm in a battle against mediocrity and how elite they are when we've beaten them 3 out of the last 4 times we've played. And they can't buy a win vs aTm.
That is the reason i hate them so much.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

hogninja

Beat them all and let the NCAA sort it out!! (Sorta like GOD, but on a much lesser level). :razorback:

The Marmot

I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

intoxhog

Quote from: The Marmot on April 20, 2008, 07:18:27 pm
Thats pathetic.
Gee, in a perfect world I want to win every game and the MNC every year as long as I live. With this post im just stressing how much I really want to beat the hell out of Texas Sep 13. Don't take what you read so literally. Lighten up a little bit.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

The Marmot

Quote from: intoxhog on April 20, 2008, 07:28:14 pm
Gee, in a perfect world I want to win every game and the MNC every year as long as I live. With this post im just stressing how much I really want to beat the hell out of Texas Sep 13. Don't take what you read so literally. Lighten up a little bit.

What I read was that you put yourself in a group that would rather go 1-11 as long as that win is TX. Is that correct? If so, thats pathetic.

I like beating TX as much as any Hog fan, but if I had to choose between a TX win and an SEC win, I'll take the SEC win EVERY time.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: idiotghos on April 20, 2008, 06:39:41 pm
What does it matter what they think?

So we're only allowed to hate teams that hate us back?

Nope, just that AR vs. TX is NOT a rivalry anymore.  That's it, nothing more, nothing less.  Hate whoever you want.

intoxhog

Quote from: The Marmot on April 20, 2008, 07:35:12 pm
What I read was that you put yourself in a group that would rather go 1-11 as long as that win is TX. Is that correct? If so, thats pathetic.

I like beating TX as much as any Hog fan, but if I had to choose between a TX win and an SEC win, I'll take the SEC win EVERY time.

Here is where I don't get that thought process at all, if your an SEC fan wouldn't you rather spank Texas and then lose to a Florida if you had to pick between the two?

The reason why I say this is because we lets say we go to Austin and hand them there @** and then lose to Florida we can look back at Texas and say you guys are not the real deal like the SEC teams we play every year week end and week out.

Lets say we lose to Texas and then own the SEC does that not make the SEC look weaker than the Big 12? Again let me say i want to win ALL games however, I really want this Texas game bad!

PS Its not pathetic for me to hate Texas above all others. Old habbits die hard.

moley_russells_wart_hog

id rather beat lsu cause cause history shows hit takes a miracle to beat them

The Marmot

Quote from: intoxhog on April 20, 2008, 07:52:49 pm
Here is where I don't get that thought process at all, if your an SEC fan wouldn't you rather spank Texas and then lose to a Florida if you had to pick between the two?

The reason why I say this is because we lets say we go to Austin and hand them there @** and then lose to Florida we can look back at Texas and say you guys are not the real deal like the SEC teams we play every year week end and week out.

Lets say we lose to Texas and then own the SEC does that not make the SEC look weaker than the Big 12? Again let me say i want to win ALL games however, I really want this Texas game bad!

PS Its not pathetic for me to hate Texas above all others. Old habbits die hard.

Generally, most fans priority for their team is to win conference and national championships, which takes conference wins. Apparently, your priority is being able to talk stuff to TX fans.

And no its not pathetic to hate TX. However, IMO, it is pathetic to be o.k. with having a completely terrible season as long as we win one non-con game.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: intoxhog on April 20, 2008, 07:52:49 pm

NOBODY said it was pathetic to hate TX above all others.  We think it's pathetic that some think TX is the ONLY win that matters, which is what you've essentially advocated here...re-read the title of the thread.  That thinking is not in the best interest of the program.

intoxhog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on April 20, 2008, 08:01:43 pm
NOBODY said it was pathetic to hate TX above all others.  We think it's pathetic that some think TX is the ONLY win that matters, which is what you've essentially advocated here...re-read the title of the thread.  That thinking is not in the best interest of the program.
Well i just say this, if we beat Texas this year no matter what happens the rest of the year i will always have that warm fuzzy feeling when i think about beating Texas, thats all i can tell you.

intoxhog

Quote from: The Marmot on April 20, 2008, 08:01:28 pm
Generally, most fans priority for their team is to win conference and national championships, which takes conference wins. Apparently, your priority is being able to talk stuff to TX fans.

And no its not pathetic to hate TX. However, IMO, it is pathetic to be o.k. with having a completely terrible season as long as we win one non-con game.
Did i say i wanted to have a terrible season?

All i said is that in the only year we will probably play Texas in the next decade(i don't expect a return game) that i would value a win over Texas over all others, alone or combinde.

moley_russells_wart_hog

Quote from: Fisticuffs on April 20, 2008, 05:53:58 pm

well its hard to argue with them when you think about how many times in the last 10 years we have even been ranked

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: intoxhog on April 20, 2008, 08:12:11 pm
Well i just say this, if we beat Texas this year no matter what happens the rest of the year i will always have that warm fuzzy feeling when i think about beating Texas, thats all i can tell you.

Fair enough, but that's a far cry from the title of your thread.  Maybe those warm and fuzzies have softened you up a bit.

The Marmot

Quote from: intoxhog on April 20, 2008, 08:14:51 pm
Did i say i wanted to have a terrible season?

Read the title of this thread that you started......

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

HogSophist

So if the choice is a win over ole miss or texass, you guys want the texas win?
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

idiotghos

Quote from: HogSophist on April 20, 2008, 08:45:00 pm
So if the choice is a win over ole miss or texass, you guys want the texas win?

yeah

who cares about ole miss?

intoxhog

The Marmot

Quote from: intoxhog on April 20, 2008, 09:18:20 pm
Really i said i WANTED a bad season?

To be fair, I never stated you said you WANTED a bad season, but you made it perfectly clear that you would be a-ok with it as long as we beat TX.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

intoxhog

Quote from: The Marmot on April 20, 2008, 09:30:04 pm
To be fair, I never stated you said you WANTED a bad season, but you made it perfectly clear that you would be a-ok with it as long as we beat TX.
It sure came off that way though.

TX HOG

If we lose to Texas that will suck. If we lose to Ole Miss.......................oh DAMN!!

intoxhog

Quote from: TX HOG on April 20, 2008, 09:50:26 pm
If we lose to Texas that will suck. If we lose to Ole Miss.......................oh DAMN!!
The thing is im not worried about losing to ole piss. But your right,, Oh damn!!

Richard_white

Quote from: HoopS on April 19, 2008, 10:33:21 pm
Well you don't get to chose.  None of us do. 

I'd  rather win all of our confrence games too, sure I would.  But we can't chose crap.  People act like by saying it on a board will make it happen.  I want one game at a time.  The one in Austin will matter to me whether anyone else here cares or not.  But at the end of the day, I won't have the ability to pick and chose.

I just don't get why people get so worked up about what somebody you don't even know cares about.

And don't kid yourself with they "they don't care talk".  They don't want you to know they care.  They care.  LOL.  I guarandamtee ya they care.  I live there.

I care, Hoops.  I want to beat Texas.  I care....

TX HOG

lyon98

Quote from: idiotghos on April 20, 2008, 09:07:52 pm
yeah

who cares about ole miss?
Well. it would show, if the Hogs beat texass and lost to ole piss that the sec was better than the big 12 and the Hogs were in the wrong conference. 
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

This game will be an easy win for Arkansas...  Look what A-state did to them in their own house last year. They damn near pulled it off....
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

The Great Hambino

I'd rather beat any crap SEC team than beat Texas.  Texas doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Jdub

I'm with intox on this one.  I have lived through too many heartbreaking losess to the shorthorns over the years.  I still hate their guts with a passion.

BEAT THE HELL OUTTA texas.

HoopS

This is all fun to debate.  But in reality, we don't get to chose. 

If I could chose, we would go undefeated.  Make no mistake, there's not a game I don't desperately want to win.  I want them all.

In this hypothetical debate, if I had to choose winning against Tex and losing the rest or vice versa.....no brainer.  11-1.

I want S.E.C wins.  I also want to beat all of our OOC teams.  I would enjoy beating Texas a lot.  I live among them.  I realize we all have different opinions and views of this game.  I just know that among the ones I am around, they want this game.  I know through their words that they truly feel entitled.  We are, for the most part, dumb, inbred Hicks.   We don't deserve to be on the same field as them.  When they talk about the SWC, all too often, we catch the blame for its demise. 

Some do look at our series as huge with them.  Even though they had the numbers edge decisively, they knew we were always a threat.  They still do.  They worry about playing us and wonder why they would take the chance with us.

Yet they look forward to it.   I know.  I talk with UT alum daily. 

Are we as big as OU?  No.  A&M?  No.  But you'd be hard pressed to find another game that could get their passion up more than us. 

They rather enjoy playing the "we don't care" card.  I've been on the inside of that talk....unknowingly to them.  It really can be enlightening to just remain silent and listen sometimes.  They don't like us a whole lot.....lol. 

You can say I'm wrong until the cows come home.  I know what I know.   I'll take my personal experience over your opinion 7 days a week.

Still, I want to win them all.  And quite frankly, in this hypothetical thing we are doing here, I'd chose to beat Ole Miss over Texas if given the choice.  Which, I will not be given the choice.  Nor will you.

LSPRazorbac

Most years, the games that I want to win the most is LSU and Texas (years we play them).

This year it is Ole Piss.  Just because I don't want ESPN to be able to say "see they should have never fired HDN."   :puke:

roundball

If we were to just win ONE game it better be against Ole Miss!!! Why would you be ok with losing to Nutt?!?!?!?!?!?

hoggystyle78

I friggin hate the Shorthorns. They think they're among the elite college FB teams but they're not, they should be with the recruiting base they have. I'd love to see them in the SEC, they'd get their a$$e$ handed to them 3-4 times a year. I say that if texas played in the SEC they wouldn't have that last national championship they won. The people on that board are just pissed cause 2 teams they love to hate will be playing and getting paid to the tune of $5 million a game, not to mention giving the Hogs a recruiting foothold in Dallas and N. Texas. I hate Texas more than any other team still but I would rather beat the teams in our conference. Screw the Longhorns and all of their smartass fans, they're just pissed cause we've had their number the last 3-4 times we played them. Let them go play in the little 12, we'll play real football with the big boys in the SEC.

hogsanity

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on April 21, 2008, 11:30:14 am
I friggin hate the Shorthorns. They think they're among the elite college FB teams but they're not, they should be with the recruiting base they have. I'd love to see them in the SEC, they'd get their a$$e$ handed to them 3-4 times a year. I say that if texas played in the SEC they wouldn't have that last national championship they won. The people on that board are just pissed cause 2 teams they love to hate will be playing and getting paid to the tune of $5 million a game. I hate Texas more than any other team still but I would rather beat the teams in our conference. Screw the Longhorns and all of their smartass fans, they're just pissed cause we've had their number the last 3-4 times we playred them. Let them go play in the little 12, we'll play real football with the big boys in the SEC.

This is why I dont see any reason to schedule them, especially with the series with A&M giving us Texas exsposure.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HoopS

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: intoxhog on April 19, 2008, 09:12:18 pm
Texas sucks! I still hate those F***ers with every inch of my soul!  :puke:

I have to vent after reading that garbage. I hope we spank them like a 5 year old after they stole something (at their house).

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=5495229&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=5535212&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

I would really like to see us beat Texas..........but I want to see us hammer Ole Miss into oblivion.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogginitall

Quote from: hogsanity on April 20, 2008, 04:12:29 pm

It doesn't have to be one or the other.  We can beat them all.  I would just rather rub it in the Texas fans' faces more so than I would some Auburn (or any other SEC teams' fans, for that matter) fans' faces.  I don't understand how you guys can lack the Texas hatred like most Arkansas fans should (and definitely used to) have.  Changing conference affiliations shouldn't matter a bit.  You think if Alabama moved to the Big XII and Auburn remained in the SEC, their fans would stop hating each other?  Doubt it.

cosmodrum

Quote from: hogsanity on April 19, 2008, 09:44:33 pm
I would take a win over any SEC team ( you know, the LEAGUE WE PLAY IN ) before a win over Texas.  but hey, i am a live in the prsent kind of guy.  The Texas rivalry WAS GREAT, but it is time to set our sights on SEC wins.

You're the first guy I thought of when I saw this thread. And whattayaknow, 1st reply.

It's OK to still hate Texas. I sure do. But the only way I'd trade an SEC win for a Limphorns win, is if we had no chance mathmatically to compete for the SECC or go to a bowl.
Go away, batin'