Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sorry, i don't give a da** if we win one game except this one!!!!

Started by intoxhog, April 19, 2008, 09:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 21, 2008, 01:51:24 pm
You're the first guy I thought of when I saw this thread. And whattayaknow, 1st reply.

It's OK to still hate Texas. I sure do. But the only way I'd trade an SEC win for a Limphorns win, is if we had no chance mathmatically to compete for the SECC or go to a bowl.

Thats almost okay, but not how the thread was titled or described. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HoopS

You can bet this....

Most of our conference hopes we beat the crap out of them.  It looks better for the conference.  Like the bowl games.  Big OOC games are certainly worthy of excitement.  This one just happens to also have history.  And no matter how upset this apparently makes some of you, I won't forget our history. 
Likewise, I hope Alabama beats Clemson so when we beat them, and Clemson does well in the ACC, we'll have an edge on them.  I always hope our confrence teams do well OOC.  When it comes down to BCS calculations, beating Texas is something other S.E.C teams hopes we do. 

Hogginitall

Quote from: HoopS on April 21, 2008, 02:04:07 pm
You can bet this....

Most of our conference hopes we beat the crap out of them.  It looks better for the conference.  Like the bowl games.  Big OOC games are certainly worthy of excitement.  This one just happens to also have history.  And no matter how upset this apparently makes some of you, I won't forget our history. 
Likewise, I hope Alabama beats Clemson so when we beat them, and Clemson does well in the ACC, we'll have an edge on them.  I always hope our confrence teams do well OOC.  When it comes down to BCS calculations, beating Texas is something other S.E.C teams hopes we do. 

Agreed.  And I hate Texas.

Silver Hog

Quote from: idiotghos on April 19, 2008, 10:24:22 pm
Texas must be destroyed.

Agree 100%.  Run the score up, embarrass them.  Make them hurt - make me smile.

EastexHawg

Quote from: HoopS on April 19, 2008, 10:33:21 pm
And don't kid yourself with they "they don't care talk".  They don't want you to know they care.  They care.  LOL.  I guarandamtee ya they care.  I live there.

Yes, they do care.  I know.  I have lived in Texas for 47 years, and I know many, many, MANY UT fans.  I'm not sure where the "Texas doesn't care about us" myth started, but it's not true.  If anything, they enjoy saying it just to hack off insecure Arkansas fans.

PorkSoda

We need to own texas.  We won't get another chance until 2014, we need to make the best of it.  A win over Texas would jump start the season and lead to more SEC wins, not less.  In the real world, we don't trade wins.  As Bobby Petrino said when he got hired.  He won't predict our record, but he plans to win every game. 

back to hypothetical situations...

would you rather beat Ole Miss or Texas? 

I have to say, while I love beating texas, I don't think I could handle a loss to Ole Miss.  to me that is the one game, i don't care if we lose every other game, we have to straight up destroy OM.  JMO
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

MacHog19

Texas, for all its arrogance and feigned disinterest, hates A&M and Arkansas.  It's like the girl who acts like she doesn't want to go to the Spring Dance, then when she doesn't have a date, all she can do is talk bad about everyone else there.  If A&M and Arkansas-and their upcoming series-are so insignificant to the Longhorn faithful, why are they writing about it with such fervor? 

To paraphrase Shakespeare, "me think thee doth protest too much." 

Nothing would be sweeter than to roll into Austin and pull out a victory.  That would kill their orange-hued arses!

cosmodrum

Quote from: hogsanity on April 21, 2008, 01:55:33 pm
Thats almost okay, but not how the thread was titled or described. 

Well, I just assumed it was about the Texas game/rivalry/whatever, and when I opened it, yes it was, and there you were. I agree that the SEC games are more important, and I wouldn't trade them for the UT win, unless we suck and aren't relevant. If that's the case, gimme SOMETHING to enjoy, like beating the Horns. Takes the edge off. Not much, though.

With BP on The Hill, I think the point is moot. As long as he's here, we'll be successful, thus I would never trade any SEC win.
Go away, batin'