Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anthony Rogers is a Bully?

Started by regi, April 18, 2008, 04:58:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

regi

According to Rivals, he has committed to coach Croom, he has no Hog offer at this time.

http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=78178&sport=1

gohogsgo006

o well. Guess he cares more about PT than winning
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

COCHISE

Quote from: gohogsgo006 on April 18, 2008, 05:05:13 pm
Petrino has still has plenty of time to go after Rogers IF he wants him.  He may be looking at who else he can add to the defensive line with Rogers as a plan B type recruit.

hog_fan

gotta take the offer if you have one. If we offer i bet he switches just like helena rb did

Kilgor

Petrino isn't flooding the state with offers.  He's going after the Plan A guys, regardless of where they are.  If he doesn't get them, then he can swoop in at the last minute and have a good shot to pick up a plan B or C guy who is from Arkansas.

It's a better strategy than Nutt looking to get everyone (except the top players) from the state and then beat out TCU and UTEP for Texas recruits.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

DarthHog

Just because he hasn't been offered doesn't mean he isn't being recruited.  The next signing day is a long way off still so there is plenty of time to get an offer in to him.  I'm sure we will sign plenty of guys we don't even know they are going after at this point.

The_Champ

This always works in the favor of the recruit look at Zach Stadther. He will become a Hog later on because of pressure from the fans.

"oƃ sƃoɥ oƃ ¡ǝıooos ƃıd oooʍ

"If I could rest anywhere, it would be in Arkansas, where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grows nowhere else on the face of the universal earth."

It's not about the Xs and Os; it's about the Jimmys and the Joes.

hogfan0307

Quote from: Kilgor on April 18, 2008, 10:11:09 pm
Petrino isn't flooding the state with offers.  He's going after the Plan A guys, regardless of where they are.  If he doesn't get them, then he can swoop in at the last minute and have a good shot to pick up a plan B or C guy who is from Arkansas.

It's a better strategy than Nutt looking to get everyone (except the top players) from the state and then beat out TCU and UTEP for Texas recruits.

And add to that how down the depth of talent is in the state of Arkansas. I would be suprised if we are able to sign 10 players from Arkansas this year. However next year might be the best crop this state has ever seen! I think we have a legitimate shot with Dyer (top 10 player in the nation potentially) and we are pretty much a lock for Claude Johnson (potential top 100 player, QB)

ChicoHog

I have heard of Dyer but who is claude Johnson?

steveagolfer

Isent he the QB from pine bluff???

hogfan0307

Quote from: ChicoHog on April 19, 2008, 07:04:52 pm
I have heard of Dyer but who is claude Johnson?

Yes, dual-threat QB. According to many, a top-100 talent. Should be a 4-star next year and hopefully an early hog commit when the offer comes

NWAREDBUG

Claude Johnson is really good, and our shot at Dyer is alot better than some would think since the new coaches are in place.

The_Champ

Coached against both... Best two players I've seen play. But I'm a young coach

"oƃ sƃoɥ oƃ ¡ǝıooos ƃıd oooʍ

"If I could rest anywhere, it would be in Arkansas, where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grows nowhere else on the face of the universal earth."

It's not about the Xs and Os; it's about the Jimmys and the Joes.

msudawgs64

Quote from: gohogsgo006 on April 18, 2008, 05:05:13 pm

he did not commit to Ole Miss now...LOL

I think we are on the right track, now if we could just get an offensive coordinator.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

AnthroHog

Quote from: msudawgs64 on April 21, 2008, 11:19:20 pm
he did not commit to Ole Miss now...LOL

I think we are on the right track, now if we could just get an offensive coordinator.

msudawgs64, has there ever been a football player from the state of Arkansas that played for Mississippi State?  I can't remember one and am surprised that MSU hasn't come into its neighboring state to snag one yet.  I'm happy for Rogers because I'm sure it has been a dream to play in the SEC and he's getting a chance to fulfill it.

msudawgs64

Quote from: AnthroHog on April 21, 2008, 11:32:16 pm
msudawgs64, has there ever been a football player from the state of Arkansas that played for Mississippi State?  I can't remember one and am surprised that MSU hasn't come into its neighboring state to snag one yet.  I'm happy for Rogers because I'm sure it has been a dream to play in the SEC and he's getting a chance to fulfill it.

we had three on the roster last year from Arkansas, one from Springdale, one from Fort Smith, one from Paragould.  All were redshirted but are on the spring roster.  To be honest, I don't know if we have ever really recruited Arkansas that much, maybe the Little Rock/Fort Smith areas but we mostly hit up the Atlanta, GA and back west to Starkville routes.   Also certain parts of Texas, well we used to when Sherill was coach, but I think that he was able to keep good relations with a lot of high school coaches in Texas and Croom has built on that.  But overall the bulk of our squad comes out of Mississippi and Alabama.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

DeltaBoy

I glad the young man getting a chance to play in the SEC. MSU is on the rise and the SEC WEST could be the toughest conferance division in the Nation.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

J.A.Y.

Does anyone know if he will be attending any AR camps this summer?

That could possibly land him a AR scholly, if he has a good showing.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

BubbaHog4