Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NIck Williams

Started by labb, April 13, 2008, 06:10:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

labb

How about it Tomhog, Woo  Pig  Stewie or any of you recruiting folks. What do you know about Nick Williams of Le Flore H.S., Mobile, Alabama. Originally committed to Marquette Basketball..Rumored to be headed to the Hill.

gohawgsgo

Quote from: labb on April 13, 2008, 06:10:53 pm
How about it Tomhog, Woo  Pig  Stewie or any of you recruiting folks. What do you know about Nick Williams of Le Flore H.S., Mobile, Alabama. Originally committed to Marquette Basketball..Rumored to be headed to the Hill.

Looks like a good prospect to me.  Heck, Pel should know a lot about him being from Mobile where USA is located.  My only question would be, why didn't we start after him earlier?

Wildhog

Quote from: gohawgsgo on April 13, 2008, 06:38:02 pm
Looks like a good prospect to me.  Heck, Pel should know a lot about him being from Mobile where USA is located.  My only question would be, why didn't we start after him earlier?

If he's from Mobile, and Pel hasn't been after him, that should tell a lot.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

mbgrulz

Quote from: Wildhog05 on April 13, 2008, 06:49:24 pm
Pel doesn't need any more help in the backcourt, but he went to go see him. that says a lot.

the kid was also previously signed to another school.

hogfan0307

Quote from: Wildhog05 on April 13, 2008, 06:49:24 pm

not true ;)

kibster

Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

The_Bionic_Pig

April 13, 2008, 08:55:54 pm #6 Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 09:07:16 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: labb on April 13, 2008, 06:10:53 pm

That is Demarcus Cousins teamate in High School. He started out as a 4 Star who committed to Marquette 08/02/06 over several schools including Alabama, Auburn, Cincinnati, Florida State, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Miami and Oklahoma.

He is 6'4 1/2 now (rivals needs to update)  He see's himself playing SG/SF position in college. He averaged 17 points and 8 rebounds per game his sophomore yr. At one point he was rated top 60 player on scout.com heading into last summer.

Article

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The Boar War

April 13, 2008, 09:14:49 pm #7 Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 09:16:33 pm by The Boar War
Looks like he's interested in Arkansas, Alabama, Wake Forest, and Indiana.

JIHawg

Can you say "triplets" kind of guy!  This guy is high on our list, and we are high on his.

Razorvet

Where does he say he is intrested in Arky?

The Boar War

Quote from: Razorvet on April 13, 2008, 11:39:28 pm
Where does he say he is intrested in Arky?

Different part of the blog.  Here's the direct link.

http://blog.al.com/rapsheet/2008/04/leflore_coach_nick_williams_is.html

Warning it is slanted towards Alabama.

RZRBack_FAN

April 14, 2008, 06:13:39 am #11 Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 06:15:43 am by ChargerHog
So is he a 08 recruit or 09? Im on my cell phone so i cant read any of the articles.

The Boar War

Quote from: ChargerHog on April 14, 2008, 06:13:39 am
So is he a 08 recruit or 09? Im on my cell phone so i cant read any of the articles.

Article says he was a 2008 Marquette recruit that was let out of his loi when Tom Crean left the job.

hogfan0307

Quote from: The Boar War on April 13, 2008, 11:42:48 pm
Different part of the blog.  Here's the direct link.

http://blog.al.com/rapsheet/2008/04/leflore_coach_nick_williams_is.html

Warning it is slanted towards Alabama.

He has eliminated Bama

harmonyhog

Since Crean now at Indiana he will probabaly end up there.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: harmonyhog on April 14, 2008, 10:13:24 am
Since Crean now at Indiana he will probabaly end up there.

nope and I am 90% sure of that...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

gohawgsgo

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 14, 2008, 10:16:02 am
nope and I am 90% sure of that...

Stewie, do you believe our coaches like Williams better than Dumes?  Would they possibly take both?

Hog Fan from Camden

Why would we not save this scholly for next year?  I would rather have Walton or Gully next year than Williams this year......unless we have another guard leave???

J.A.Y.

SOOO, how much could this help us with Demarcus Cousins?
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

Beaverfever

Quote from: TheHOGDog_111 on April 14, 2008, 10:32:46 am
Why would we not save this scholly for next year?  I would rather have Walton or Gully next year than Williams this year......unless we have another guard leave???
I'd forget about walton and gulley if I were you.

Hollywood_HOGan45

we need big guards but we need frontcourt players more.

Brown should be a higher priority than Dumes or Williams.

opineonswine

I believe Nick will be here this weekend for an official visit.

PorkSoda

I'd rather have S. Williams in 09
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

dotnet

ESPN also rates him a 90.  That sounds like a lot since they question his shooting.  If you go and look at the other people who have a rating of 90 and above, well... we'll take anyone who is rated a 90.  That would be higher than any other player we've signed in a long time.

AnthroHog

mbgrulz

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on April 14, 2008, 10:54:48 am
we need big guards but we need frontcourt players more.

Brown should be a higher priority than Dumes or Williams.
i disagree. i think a bigger 2 guard is a must for us. also, im not sold on brown's ability to be a difference maker. he is a 6-7 PF who averaged 3 ppg in the SEC the last time around. i wouldn't be upset if we signed him, but i don't know about his talent level.

The big question right now is who is leaving the team!!! with all these name flying around, someone from the current roster must be leaving.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: donewithdale on April 14, 2008, 12:18:54 pm
So Nick Williams' analysis on ESPN reads like he is a shooting guard that can't shoot.  He hasn't perfected the long range game, doesn't shoot the mid range shot well(good but could be better according to the report), doesn't make good decisions in driving to the basket,... Didn't we just have a guard with similar tendencies who may have actually shot better from the outside than this Williams' kid that most of you people hated?

Nick Williams was the leading scorer for LeFlore believe and Demarcus Cousins is on that same High School team.  He is overshadowed by Mr. Cousins potential but irreguardless he is the leader of one of the top High School basketball programs in the nations. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

chiefsfan

Read the threads about possible playes leaving.   We may be losing Britt.   And its hard to say with Welsh...   He almost left last year, and if he is destined to lose his job next year...He certainly could run off.     

Plus its not too often that a Four Star Shooting Guard that has a previous relationship with your head coach just happens to reopen his recruitment.    Those are the type of players you find a scholarship for
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

PorkSoda

Could Nick Williams play PG?  It would be sweet to add a 6-4 PG to the lineup
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

returntoglory

We have so many freaking leads and not enough scholarships. I realize that Britt, Welsh, and maybe Washington may leave, or have all at least been rumored to leave, but this is ridiculous.

farmhawg

Quote from: returntoglory on April 14, 2008, 01:27:37 pm
We have so many freaking leads and not enough scholarships. I realize that Britt, Welsh, and maybe Washington may leave, or have all at least been rumored to leave, but this is ridiculous.

It is  not ridiculous. It is a great problem to have. Instead of being like Stan, and taking 5 years to show improvement, Pelphrey is out to make a better BB team. He is doing it in an amazingly short time. This will be a much different team NEXT year. I wish all coaches had that sense of urgency.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: farmhawg on April 14, 2008, 02:12:25 pm
It is  not ridiculous. It is a great problem to have. Instead of being like Stan, and taking 5 years to show improvement, Pelphrey is out to make a better BB team. He is doing it in an amazingly short time. This will be a much different team NEXT year. I wish all coaches had that sense of urgency.

He is recruiting with the WIN NOW attitude... no-one on the current roster can relax because he can recruit the type of players that can beat you out of your starting job from DAY 1.    We will have defections next season and the season after that, and the season after that....happens at every program.    I think the difference between Stan Heath and John Pelphrey is Coach Stan was looking to add great talent to the roster while Coach Pelphrey is looking to upgrade.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

J.A.Y.

April 14, 2008, 02:37:49 pm #32 Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 03:42:14 pm by J.A.Y.
read on another board that it is 50/50 AR or Indiana....

not a pay board.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

Petrinohoggy

Quote from: gohawgsgo on April 13, 2008, 06:38:02 pm

Well he committed to Marquette in his Soph. season, so he must have a pretty good relationship with Tom Crean.

opineonswine

Quote from: donewithdale on April 14, 2008, 12:18:54 pm
So Nick Williams' analysis on ESPN reads like he is a shooting guard that can't shoot.  He hasn't perfected the long range game, doesn't shoot the mid range shot well(good but could be better according to the report), doesn't make good decisions in driving to the basket,... Didn't we just have a guard with similar tendencies who may have actually shot better from the outside than this Williams' kid that most of you people hated?

Trust Pel.

returntoglory

I didn't mean ridiculous as ludicrous. I guess I was just saying that I have never seen this before. I am a fairly young hog fan, and I can't remember the last time that we had so many options with so little scholarships.

returntoglory

And yes, I agree that it is a great problem to have.

Buck Brewer

Pel has early 90's on his mind, he wants to run you out of the gym and he wants to platoon like Nolan once did, send in wave after wave of fresh bodies.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: donewithdale on April 14, 2008, 07:13:24 pm
Not as effective as it once was.  Timeouts per half have been added allowing teams to rest.  Almost every game is on tv giving teams a chance to rest every 4+ minutes.  And teams figured out how to control tempo.  Up tempo can still work if you can score but the days of running teams into the ground are done with an occassional exception.

You full court press someone and they are not effective at breaking it they will become cowards of stamina..... no matter how many timeouts you have.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ntubjr

Tomhog™

It may be frustrating to turn away good talent, but get used to it. As long as Arkansas has Pelphrey, it will have it's pick of top talent. Maybe not a Derrick Favors-type every recruit, but certainly top 100 type players.

Bigfoot

Quote from: Tomhog™ on April 14, 2008, 09:07:45 pm
It may be frustrating to turn away good talent, but get used to it. As long as Arkansas has Pelphrey, it will have it's pick of top talent. Maybe not a Derrick Favors-type every recruit, but certainly top 100 type players.
I can get used to that!  ;D

The Boar War

Is Nick Williams a three star or a four star?  I've read both.

The_Champ

"oƃ sƃoɥ oƃ ¡ǝıooos ƃıd oooʍ

"If I could rest anywhere, it would be in Arkansas, where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grows nowhere else on the face of the universal earth."

It's not about the Xs and Os; it's about the Jimmys and the Joes.

opineonswine

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 14, 2008, 07:34:59 pm
You full court press someone and they are not effective at breaking it they will become cowards of stamina..... no matter how many timeouts you have.

Plus, if you have multiple scorers, you are deadly.  We haven't had multiple offensive threats in years.

UltimateHog

Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

keithh1999

I think that you can never have TOO much talent, even at the same positions... I do trust Pel, and feel that the program is in excellent hands... haven't felt that in a while
Pig Farmers are cool.

Petrinohoggy

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Petrinohoggy on April 14, 2008, 10:36:42 pm
3 * per Rivals

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=46800&sport=2

Rivals & Scout have both had him as a 4 STAR at one point....after he committed to MU his Sophomore year and schools dropped interest his popularity plumeted.  I cannot say this enough both services seem to be more infactuated with who offers you rather than taking a personal interest in each recruit they evaluate.     Patrick Beverly was a 2 Star until the Late signing period hit then Michigan took a interest then in 2 weeks jumped to a high 4 Star.   

At the same time I can't get too upset with their databases how would you like to attempt to evaluate 100,000 new H.S. athletes each year and break it down to the best 100-250.  I don't envy that job.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

PorkSoda

Quote from: donewithdale on April 14, 2008, 07:13:24 pm
Not as effective as it once was.  Timeouts per half have been added allowing teams to rest.  Almost every game is on tv giving teams a chance to rest every 4+ minutes.  And teams figured out how to control tempo.  Up tempo can still work if you can score but the days of running teams into the ground are done with an occassional exception.
In a sense I think you are right, but I think you have to try and press and try to create TO's even if you don't do it fourty minutes of hell style.  There comes a time when you just need to play sound basket ball.  everyone loves fast break, but you need to have an effective half court game to succeed.  Its all about learning how to set up an effective screen and get a good look, or moving the ball and rotating guys around trying to find an open look.  with the type of team that pelphrey is building, we will have several options on the offensive side of the ball.  On Defense its all about hustle and tenacity; getting all up in their face and sticking to them like glue.  That is the kind of stuff that frustrates some guys, and will create turnovers.