Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kansas Fans

Started by hogfan_no1, April 08, 2008, 06:26:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

Quote from: GrantWalker on April 16, 2008, 11:29:48 pm
My uncle says it's Pepperdine.  He went there. 

I've been all over, and the best I've seen is U. of Indiana and the Air Force Academy.

Never been to Univ of Indiana but have a good friend who graduated from there.  He says the campus ranks as the best in the Big 10 and one of the best in the country.  You don't think of Indiana as being a goreous place.  I think of Hoosier and dirt basketball courts, but apparently the campus is very scenic.

31to6

Quote from: GrantWalker on April 16, 2008, 11:34:15 pm
I've always been perplexed at the KC folks claiming to be the bbq capital of whatever.  It reminds me of the folks in Cincinnatti claiming they have the greatest chili.  I always thought the barbeque capital would be somewhere in the south, or at least Texas, which I consider to be in the southwest.

Another Ron White fan I see? :) As for chili, you have to define it before you can claim it. Cincy has some decent chili, but it is too sweet and too wimpy for my taste. I like Texas-style red chili and New Mexico's chili verde.

KC has a long BBQ tradition that is just as valid as anywhere else. I think there are a few "capitals of BBQ" in the US: Kansas City, Memphis, Texas, St. Louis and the eastern carolinas. Each one is a different tradition and has it's own claim to fame.

KC, in particular, melds all the cooking techniques (smoking, slow braising, etc) of the various regions and has the best diversity of sauces which makes their beef brisket and pulled pork exceptional.