Started by genuineLSUtiger, April 05, 2008, 03:13:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple Tiger

Quote from: navyhog24 on April 06, 2008, 05:22:59 am
hey i like rc cola and moon pies. i miss them. lol

I was thinking the same thing! lol

31to6

Quote from: genuineLSUtiger on April 05, 2008, 06:03:35 pm
I think Miles would have to think long and hard about it but ultimately, yes, he would be reinstated.  We are too thin at QB right now to let a little thing like murder or manslaughter stand in the way of another SEC Championship run.
NCAA Div 1 Football isn't for the meek. So what if Perilloux plays the game of life with a little intensity. I wish all my kids had that kind of......

Er, maybe not :P

MuskogeeHogFan

April 06, 2008, 10:26:23 am #52 Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 03:28:10 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: kclvr on April 06, 2008, 09:26:24 am
I know how long he has been here and Ole St. Nick  finished the NFL season before he was hired by AL and finished in top 10 by Rivals. Nobody uses ESPN to gauge a class unless of course it is to stroke one's on ego.  The 2 weeks before signing day this board was calling for a protest of ESPN because of BP's treatment by them. I was very glad he got them to switch but they live withing 2 hours of campus, we should expect to sign guys like this every year. I do think BP will do fine here but I think it will take time and I am willing to give him 4-6 years.  All the other teams have not stopped going forward with their progress just because we hired a real coach and we are behind a few in the conference.  The West maters but not completely because after you win that you must still win another to get to the big game. 

There are several things that build good, quality recruiting classes. The reputation of the school in terms of winning and playing for championships is important and I believe we will see ourselves steadily progressing in that direction. Also important is how players perceive the ability of the team and coaches they commit to, to be able to help them hone their skills and position them for a step to the NFL. Facilities play a role as well and we certainly have quality facilities here.

If we win, we will get the big recruits. If we don't, we won't....it is pretty much that simple. Everything else is in place and running a pro style offense will help bring quality "skill" position players as well as big offensive linemen who need to learn to pass block in preparation for the NFL. Can't speak to the defense yet as we will have to see what we come up with. I don't think it is going to take BP 5-6 years to get us into a top 10 recruiting class. I think we will be there in 3 or less.
Go Hogs Go!

LJHOG

Quote from: Table Rocker on April 05, 2008, 05:02:29 pm
do you think ryan perriloux could kill a man and still have a spot on the tigers?
yes, if the victim wasn't an immediate family member of les miles or the president of the United States.  And after the November election not sure if that would keep him off the team.  Or should!!   :)

hogrock

you're a funny guy.....enjoy your so called stay at the top. if it weren't for pathetic game management and a horrible misuse of talent  :puke: we'd be 3-0 against lswho in the last 3 years, and you wouldn't be here patting yourself on the back. The loser mentality is now in oxford so get lost with your "gee, you think you guys can ever compete with us bull."

in 2-4 years it will be lswho who'll not be able to keep up with us-enjoy!    :razorback:

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: genuineLSUtiger on April 05, 2008, 03:13:38 pm
Do you guys think that Arkansas will be able to become the second best team in the West over the next 3-5 years or will it continue to be Auburn?

No, I thnk we wil become the first place team and it will between you, Auburn and Alabama to fight it out for #2. Give us three years and you guys will be calling for, "mama".
Go Hogs Go!

RickyRoma

don't come to hogville looking for a tiger h#ndjob!  nobody cares that you think you are an automatic number one in the west.  I don't think you're even an automatic top three.

Wildhog

I hope our goal isn't to be the second best team...
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

El Puerco

I doubt that most people attribute LSU's recruiting success to Miles.  The dude is a not-so-lovable bafoon and recruits will always land at an in-state BCS school that has been winning. 
My favorite part of last season (with the exception of us handing LSU their ass on their own field) was when Miles pretended that he made some sort of calculated strategery at the end of the Auburn game when, in reality, he pulled a Nutt and had no [CENSORED] clue what was going on.

lyon98

Quote from: El Puerco on April 06, 2008, 09:52:05 pm
My favorite part of last season (with the exception of us handing LSU their ass on their own field) was when Miles pretended that he made some sort of calculated strategery at the end of the Auburn game when, in reality, he pulled a Nutt and had no [CENSORED] clue what was going on.

There are some differences between nutt and miles, the major one is head wear.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

cityhog

Quote from: genuineLSUtiger on April 05, 2008, 03:13:38 pm
Do you guys think that Arkansas will be able to become the second best team in the West over the next 3-5 years or will it continue to be Auburn?

scoreboard....

drivetimeporks

lsu will get better athletes than arkansas... thats a given, but, can anyone not look back over their (lsu) season last year and say they werent the luckiest damn team in america?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: SLC on April 06, 2008, 09:51:54 am
I will point out a couple of things. 
First, LSU has 2 BCS NC's.  Those are legitimate NC's, as opposed to what USC is claiming.  LSU has earned the right to be a bit cocky, and their fan base has always been a collective group of deginerates.  Not all, but most.  They do not treat opposing fans well like I"ve found at Bama, Ole Miss, and other SEC schools.  LSU fans swear at you, flip you off, call you names, throw drinks on you, etc.....    We've had a couple incidents like that at AR, but noone (not even MS St or FL) has less class than LSU. 
Second, Lesticles is a competent coach but he got very, very lucky this year.  Not every year will his gambles pay off like they did this year.  Third, while Lester is a stupid yank, LA has a wealth of in-state talent that is loyal to LSU, and LSU will also pull recruits from TX and MS.  Lester does not have to be a great recruiter at LSU to field a very talented team.   

Those are my thoughts, apologies to those I have offended.

I've heard this as well.  Since I was accosted for wearing my Hog shirt to a LSU vs. Arizona (at Arizona) game a few years back (I was showing SEC support is why before anyone asks), these two LSU fans were all over me.  Yelling how pathetic Ark is, that we don't belong in the SEC, the typical hick jokes, etc.

Honestly, they kind of ruined the game for me, and I went there to show support to THEM.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

drivetimeporks

DenverHogFan

Quote from: genuineLSUtiger on April 05, 2008, 06:03:35 pm
I think Miles would have to think long and hard about it but ultimately, yes, he would be reinstated.  We are too thin at QB right now to let a little thing like murder or manslaughter stand in the way of another SEC Championship run.

dude - that was funny