Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

With LSU Continuing to Reload Year After Year

Started by genuineLSUtiger, April 05, 2008, 03:13:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

genuineLSUtiger

Do you guys think that Arkansas will be able to become the second best team in the West over the next 3-5 years or will it continue to be Auburn?

Killean

Well, lets examine this logically:

In the past 10 years, the SEC West football champion has been:

LSU:  3 Times, 2 Ties
Arkansas:  2 Times, 2 Ties
Alabama:  1 Time
Auburn:  1 Time
Mississippi St.:  1 Tie
Mississippi:  1 Tie

I think you can figure that Arkansas is in fact the 2nd best team in the West already... and now we've got competent coaching.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

DeltaBoy

We see; it depends if Miles keeps giving away games and if the New DC and fill those big shoes.  Hogs should be #2 every other year at least. And we will win it every 3rd year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

grayhawg

Sooner rather than later Miles mouth and attitude will put a halt to the reloading.
Like Road Hogg said we need to keep up with Bammer.

jgphillips3

I think LSU is at its peak right now, Alabama is rising fast and Auburn is slipping a little.  I don't think Miles can keep LSU on top forever and if they start to stumble next year, his talent pool may start to slip out of State.  If Petrino can keep stoking the recruiting fires and have good success, it is feasible for us to take up residence as one of the top 3 teams on a year in/year out basis and maybe be that second team to currently LSU or soon Bama.  Of course, you never know, they may be looking up at us in a couple of years wondering what the heck happened.

Teebow62

Guys, don't fool yourselves. LSU is a Johnny come lately. Bama is always THE team to beat. So they've had a rough decade or so, Bama is the only program that can get 94,000 or so for a spring game. What did we get? 750. LSU doesn't do much better. Bama is Bama. Just like Oklahoma and Southern Cal are who they are. The question is can we become a consistent winner and compete with the Bamas and LSUs in the West.

newera

consistency in the west is hard for any team. because there are consistently Auburn and LSU, also now that we and Alabama have good coaches, the west is going to be a crap shoot (theres going to be some luck involved), with the SEC champ winning the National Championship every year just like the past two. (that last part is a little bit of sarcasm.)
I'm a diverse all sports fan... Razorbacks, Lipscomb Bisons (NCAA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Barcelona (La Liga), Arsenal (EPL), and Sacramento Kings.

spudhog

I think we can be in the top 3. Like before mentioned; bama, lswho and us. Auburn is slipping. Msu is progressing at a rate that they could factor in a race soon. Like ir or not, hdn will have ole piss up to the "they matter" stage before he's fired.

It is possible that the west will become stronger than the east.

Bryan (CHF)

I think in 5 years, Bama & the Hogs are the top 2 teams. I don't see any team being able to win always since the West is so loaded. The Hogs are about 2 years behind Bama since we just hired Petrino.
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

yraciv

Quote from: spudhog on April 05, 2008, 04:23:17 pm
I think we can be in the top 3. Like before mentioned; bama, lswho and us. Auburn is slipping. Msu is progressing at a rate that they could factor in a race soon. Like ir or not, hdn will have ole piss up to the "they matter" stage before he's fired.

It is possible that the west will become stronger than the east.

Ole Miss will never matter w/ HDN! lmao   It could be argued the west is better then the east in teams and coaches right now!
LSU>Florida
Georgia>Auburn
Tennessee > or = Alabama
Arkansas > South Carolina
State > Kentucky
Ole Miss > Vandy
Thats how I see it at least.

Table Rocker

do you think ryan perriloux could kill a man and still have a spot on the tigers?

CCM

I've had this username since 2007.  It is not in honor of a terrible coach.

genuineLSUtiger

Quote from: Table Rocker on April 05, 2008, 05:02:29 pm
do you think ryan perriloux could kill a man and still have a spot on the tigers?

I think Miles would have to think long and hard about it but ultimately, yes, he would be reinstated.  We are too thin at QB right now to let a little thing like murder or manslaughter stand in the way of another SEC Championship run.

Table Rocker

Quote from: genuineLSUtiger on April 05, 2008, 06:03:35 pm
I think Miles would have to think long and hard about it but ultimately, yes, he would be reinstated.  We are too thin at QB right now to let a little thing like murder or manslaughter stand in the way of another SEC Championship run.

haha, at least you have a sense of humor

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: genuineLSUtiger on April 05, 2008, 06:03:35 pm

Sadly, this is true.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

reddogjcss

We are ready second best but that sucks; We want to be #1

Hogs4Ever

We'll be contending year in and out now with a real coach.  BTW, sorry about that nasty home loss last year but you guys did TCB in the SECCG and against OSU.

Sao Ming

No matter how good we are or think we are, schools like Auburn, Bama and LSU will get thier just due in pre-season and in-season polls.  There is truly some of the best coaching in the nation in our SEC-W and Petrino will have to (or must) elevate himself to compete.  He knows it's a no joke job and a no joke conference. 

hog.goblin

I think Auburn has the schedule to win the West in 2008.  Long-term, I think it's LSU, Arkansas, & Auburn.  I don't believe in Saban at Bammer just yet (Louisiana Monroe at home?!?!).

mossfan3

I just hope we keep the boot again next year.......

stronguard

When I read the title of this post I thought Perriloux was on a shooting spree or something.

We have competed well with LSU with a mental midget at the helm.  We will continue to comepte, and soon, surpass the Bayou Bungles in terms of SEC relevance.  It wasn't long ago that LSU was a doormat in the league, and it will happen again.

I hope the Tigger fans have enjoyed their ULTRA-successful run the last few years.  They have beaten all comers and deserved every championship they've garnered.  They, and USC have been the best of the last 5 years, no question.  But the run is coming to an end, just like every other team that has had a nice run.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: genuineLSUtiger on April 05, 2008, 03:13:38 pm
Do you guys think that Arkansas will be able to become the second best team in the West over the next 3-5 years or will it continue to be Auburn?

I hardly think that having just 4 defensive starters back from last year could be considered "reloading". We will see how "reloaded" you are now that you are getting into Miles' recruiting classes.
Go Hogs Go!

bigeasyhog

considering Nutt was 4-6 vs. LSU during his tenure; I think Petrino is capable of reversing those two numbers to 6-4..  So, actually, if he's given time to recruit,etc..I think Arkansas could be the new #1 in the next 3 years.

DEVICEHIGH

Quote from: Table Rocker on April 05, 2008, 05:02:29 pm

He needs the team more than the team needs him. Houston Dale Nutt 2007
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

kclvr

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 05, 2008, 07:50:19 pm
I hardly think that having just 4 defensive starters back from last year could be considered "reloading". We will see how "reloaded" you are now that you are getting into Miles' recruiting classes.

you must not keep up with how many players they rotate in and out. Their starters are just the beginning.  They have depth to spare. And are favorites for the top 2 DL for 09.  Regardless what anyone thinks Les Miles can recruit and has been reloading.  As for Bama record over the last few years being below us just remember that their coaches have been worse than ours and now have a proven SEC coach.

lyon98

Quote from: Table Rocker on April 05, 2008, 06:06:59 pm
haha, at least you have a sense of humor

Not only dioes he have a sense of humor, he understands college football.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

Table Rocker

Quote from: lyon98 on April 05, 2008, 08:04:25 pm
Not only dioes he have a sense of humor, he understands college football.

based on what?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: kclvr on April 05, 2008, 08:00:57 pm
you must not keep up with how many players they rotate in and out. Their starters are just the beginning.  They have depth to spare. And are favorites for the top 2 DL for 09.  Regardless what anyone thinks Les Miles can recruit and has been reloading.  As for Bama record over the last few years being below us just remember that their coaches have been worse than ours and now have a proven SEC coach.

First, I didn't mention Bama....so I don't have a clue where that is coming from. Second, I am keeping up and judging everyone with the same ruler.....Arkansas included. You can talk about "rotating players" all you want, but starters are designated as starters for a reason.......usually because they are better than those who get to "rotate in" and give the starters an occasional "blow". As for Miles recruiting....I saw the results of his recruiting at Oklahoma State and he is simply a fair recruiter, he is definitely not great......which you will begin to learn very soon. Had Michigan not jumped the gun in annoucing his talks with them and an offer prior to the NC game this year, he would have already been gone. So don't hold your breath, when he gets a better offer he will be HISTORY.
Go Hogs Go!

Bubba's Bruisers

While I appreciate what appears to be kudos to AR's and Petrino's potential, this post clearly reveals your lack of respect respect for AL and Saben...tragic.  Frankly, I'm a bit more worried abouth them than LSU over the next 5 years, and I respect LSU's FB program immencely. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Purple Tiger

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 05, 2008, 08:15:10 pm
First, I didn't mention Bama....so I don't have a clue where that is coming from. Second, I am keeping up and judging everyone with the same ruler.....Arkansas included. You can talk about "rotating players" all you want, but starters are designated as starters for a reason.......usually because they are better than those who get to "rotate in" and give the starters an occasional "blow". As for Miles recruiting....I saw the results of his recruiting at Oklahoma State and he is simply a fair recruiter, he is definitely not great......which you will begin to learn very soon. Had Michigan not jumped the gun in annoucing his talks with them and an offer prior to the NC game this year, he would have already been gone. So don't hold your breath, when he gets a better offer he will be HISTORY.

Wishful thinking!

REALTOR Hog

We will be at the top of the SEC West in 2 years. BET
- GO HOGS -

NuttinItUp

Quote from: yraciv on April 05, 2008, 04:41:56 pm
Ole Miss will never matter w/ HDN! lmao   It could be argued the west is better then the east in teams and coaches right now!
LSU>Florida
Georgia>Auburn
Tennessee > or = Alabama
Arkansas > South Carolina
State > Kentucky
Ole Miss > Vandy
Thats how I see it at least.
I think Kentucky and Vandy drag the East down more than Ole Miss and Miss St. drag the West down. (at least historically) Unfortunately Ole Miss will go up a little with Nutt. (better than Orgeron)

kclvr

I try to give everybody their due when the have earned it.  His classes at LSU have been far better since arriving at LSU than we have ever had at AR thats a fact. If you want to judge him on his classes at Ok State then I can say what I have said from the begining of our hire that BP classes at Louisville do not give me much hope that they are going to improve enough here to but us at the top of the west much less the entire conference.  As far as rotateing players I would take their entire 2nd team DL and DB and they would be our starters for sure and you can't deny that. The Bama was just in general based on some previous post about how we have out performed them in recent years. Just pointing the obvious about their past coaches.  This is not meant to hate on our team or coaches just giving people credit and saying we have along way to go.

hog.goblin

Quote from: kclvr on April 05, 2008, 08:43:54 pm
As far as rotateing players I would take their entire 2nd team DL and DB and they would be our starters for sure and you can't deny that.

I'll deny that.

kclvr

kentz

Man, are yall smoking that stuff? or shooting it into your veins? :o

rljjr

The very premise of the post sttates that LSU is the best team in the West. I have to disagree with that statement. While LSU is a solid program and this year was great, they're going to see a decrease in success over the next 3-5 years. The West is better now top to bottom. Arkansas will contend with LSU for top honors more often than not. Bama is going to be strong. MSU is a team on the rise. Ole Miss is going to be better too. I think it's safe to say OM will finish in 3rd/4th on a regular basis instead of 5/6. LSU will decline simply because it's hard to stay on top. Again, I think it's a conceited question. As another post stated, LSU and Ark are the only two schools to have won more than one West title in the last 10. Hard to say Aubbie is #2. Hard to think LSU is that much more dominant. Kind of makes you wonder what the stat sheet for W's and L's looks like if we'd had BP during that timeframe.

bigeasyhog

April 05, 2008, 08:55:33 pm #37 Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 08:58:05 pm by bigeasyhog
Quote from: kclvr on April 05, 2008, 08:43:54 pm
I try to give everybody their due when the have earned it.  His classes at LSU have been far better since arriving at LSU than we have ever had at AR thats a fact. If you want to judge him on his classes at Ok State then I can say what I have said from the begining of our hire that BP classes at Louisville do not give me much hope that they are going to improve enough here to but us at the top of the west much less the entire conference.  As far as rotateing players I would take their entire 2nd team DL and DB and they would be our starters for sure and you can't deny that. The Bama was just in general based on some previous post about how we have out performed them in recent years. Just pointing the obvious about their past coaches.  This is not meant to hate on our team or coaches just giving people credit and saying we have along way to go.

BP has ONLY BEEN HERE 4 MONTHS?!!!...and had 8 weeks to sign a class. And, got Tyler Wilson and Joe Adams to switch last minute, oh, plus there's this transfer from Michigan who showed up....Dude lighten up  on the "...based on his classes at Louisville" too.. are you kidding me?!! Have you been to the 45k seat Papa John's Stadium they had will competing in C-USA up until 3 years ago?  Give me a break!

Lastly, that  8 week recruiting class was ranked 18th by ESPN...yeah, I think if we start winning, BP can get top 10 classes at UA...

hog.goblin

April 05, 2008, 09:04:00 pm #38 Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 12:57:05 am by hog.goblin
Quote from: kclvr on April 05, 2008, 08:52:30 pm
Use an open mind and tell me who you would replace.

Between Shavers, Robinson, Davis, Mitchell, and Sheppard, I gaurantee you one if not two of them would be starting on the LSU D Line.  I can't say much for our secondary and would take all 4 LSU has without hesitation...although I think Norton and Broadway could have good years.

kclvr...your silence makes me think you agree with me.

lyon98

Quote from: Table Rocker on April 05, 2008, 08:08:16 pm
based on what?

The number of jail birds that have played college football after their transgressions. It's called, "they need our support while they use up their elgibility," not vb.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

Tammany Tom

Come on Muskogee. You are usually alot more on top of things than what you are showing in this post. Do you follow recruiting (even a little bit)? If you did, you would know that LSU has recruited exceptionally well under Miles.

Here are the avg. Rivals star ratings per class under Miles:
2005: 3.69
2006: 3.64
2007: 3.88
2008: 3.58

In 2007, LSU signed 17 Rivals 250 players. That was more than any other school in the country. LSU signed 26 players in that class and red-shirted 17 of them. This means LSU is red-shirting the type of talent that most schools have to play as true freshmen.

LSU has already received commitments for the 2009 class from 3 of the Texas Top 20, the best RB in Louisiana, the best CB in Louisiana, 2 Top 20 recruits from Georgia, and the top QB in Mississippi.

If this isn't reloading than I don't know what is. There's only 2 other schools in the SEC that recruit at this level, year in and year out, and they are both in the east (Florida & Georgia).

As to rotating players, there is a reason why LSU, Florida, and Georgia have won the vast majority of SEC Championships this decade. Because, they have unbelievable depth along the offensive and defensive lines. You must have quality depth on both lines to be able to withstand the grind that is the SEC schedule. LSU returns 3 of 4 starters on the D-line and 7 of their top 8 on the D-Line next year. LSU returns 4 of 5 starters along the offensive line for next year with young, elite talent waiting in the wings for their shot.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: donewithdale on April 05, 2008, 09:30:30 pm
Thanks for coming by to put a Hog fan in their place.  You can always be counted on for that.  Recruiting football players to LSU is not difficult.  This shows nothing of Les' recruiting ability.  Most any average college coach (Les)would do the same given the foundation of winning left behind by Saban and the recruiting territory.

We LSU fans keep hearing over and over and over again from Bama and Arkansas fans that LSU is slipping in recruiting under Miles. I merely bring facts to the discussion to show that their comments have no merit.

While I agree that it's very easy to recruit a good base of talent at LSU with the talent level in Louisiana, the reason why LSU's football program is at an elite level is the outstanding out of state recruiting.

The ablility to get elite level out of state recruits is my criteria for being a very good recruiter. Miles is doing an outstanding job in this area.

In 2005, Miles signed 5 OOS recruits out of a class of 13. 3 out of 5 were 4 stars and the 2 three stars that he signed were starters on our NC team. In 2006, Miles signed 12 OOS recruits out of a class of 26. 3 were 4 stars and 1 5 star. In 2007, Miles signed 14 OOS recruits out of a class of 26. 11 were 4 stars and 1 5 star. In 2008, Miles signed 8 OOS recruits out of a class of 25. 4 4 stars and 1 5 star including the USA Today Defensive Player of the Year. For the 2009 class, Miles has currently got 10 commitments of which 7 are from OOS recruits. 3 are Texas Top 20 players and 2 are Top 20 Georgia players.

This track record shows that Miles is recruiting elite level players from out of state. You can say that anyone can do this at LSU, but I've seen 3 coaches from the 1988 until 2000 not be able to recruit elite OOS recruits.

LSU, USC, Texas, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Alabama, Penn State, and Georgia have all shown that with the wrong guy at head coach, recruiting falls and the program suffers. Every one of these programs have had periods of lackluster results when the wrong guy was hired or when you keep head coaches that can't keep up in terms of recruiting too long. 

Hogginitall

April 05, 2008, 11:15:08 pm #42 Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 11:18:44 pm by Hogginitall
Quote from: Tammany Tom on April 05, 2008, 10:59:18 pm
We LSU fans keep hearing over and over and over again from Bama and Arkansas fans that LSU is slipping in recruiting under Miles. I merely bring facts to the discussion to show that their comments have no merit.

While I agree that it's very easy to recruit a good base of talent at LSU with the talent level in Louisiana, the reason why LSU's football program is at an elite level is the outstanding out of state recruiting.

The ablility to get elite level out of state recruits is my criteria for being a very good recruiter. Miles is doing an outstanding job in this area.

In 2005, Miles signed 5 OOS recruits out of a class of 13. 3 out of 5 were 4 stars and the 2 three stars that he signed were starters on our NC team. In 2006, Miles signed 12 OOS recruits out of a class of 26. 3 were 4 stars and 1 5 star. In 2007, Miles signed 14 OOS recruits out of a class of 26. 11 were 4 stars and 1 5 star. In 2008, Miles signed 8 OOS recruits out of a class of 25. 4 4 stars and 1 5 star including the USA Today Defensive Player of the Year. For the 2009 class, Miles has currently got 10 commitments of which 7 are from OOS recruits. 3 are Texas Top 20 players and 2 are Top 20 Georgia players.

This track record shows that Miles is recruiting elite level players from out of state. You can say that anyone can do this at LSU, but I've seen 3 coaches from the 1988 until 2000 not be able to recruit elite OOS recruits.

LSU, USC, Texas, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Alabama, Penn State, and Georgia have all shown that with the wrong guy at head coach, recruiting falls and the program suffers. Every one of these programs have had periods of lackluster results when the wrong guy was hired or when you keep head coaches that can't keep up in terms of recruiting too long. 

Congratulations.  When may I lick your shoe?  How in the world do you ever lose to us?  I mean, 6-4 really isn't THAT impressive against a team that you "DOMINATE" in recruiting.  I think it would be kind of embarassing to have all that talent and lose to a bunch of 2 and 3 star players.  And it's only going to get worse for you.  If you really think Miles is a solid recruiter, you are in for a big surprise coming up in the next few years.  Soon enough you will figure out that recruiting rankings aren't all they cracked up to be.  If they were, we'd lose everytime we play you.  But, we don't.  Have fun during the decline!

Or, in short, get over yourself. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Tammany Tom on April 05, 2008, 09:13:13 pm
Come on Muskogee. You are usually alot more on top of things than what you are showing in this post. Do you follow recruiting (even a little bit)? If you did, you would know that LSU has recruited exceptionally well under Miles.

Here are the avg. Rivals star ratings per class under Miles:
2005: 3.69
2006: 3.64
2007: 3.88
2008: 3.58

In 2007, LSU signed 17 Rivals 250 players. That was more than any other school in the country. LSU signed 26 players in that class and red-shirted 17 of them. This means LSU is red-shirting the type of talent that most schools have to play as true freshmen.

LSU has already received commitments for the 2009 class from 3 of the Texas Top 20, the best RB in Louisiana, the best CB in Louisiana, 2 Top 20 recruits from Georgia, and the top QB in Mississippi.

If this isn't reloading than I don't know what is. There's only 2 other schools in the SEC that recruit at this level, year in and year out, and they are both in the east (Florida & Georgia).

As to rotating players, there is a reason why LSU, Florida, and Georgia have won the vast majority of SEC Championships this decade. Because, they have unbelievable depth along the offensive and defensive lines. You must have quality depth on both lines to be able to withstand the grind that is the SEC schedule. LSU returns 3 of 4 starters on the D-line and 7 of their top 8 on the D-Line next year. LSU returns 4 of 5 starters along the offensive line for next year with young, elite talent waiting in the wings for their shot.

Tom, let me put it this way.....I disliked Miles when he was at T. Boone Pickens University and I dislike him now. I don't have to admit a doggone thing about him. :) As far as I am concerned, he is the guy with a car in his front yard that is up on blocks and selling Moon Pies and RC Cola from a stand just in front of that car.
Go Hogs Go!

navyhog24

hey i like rc cola and moon pies. i miss them. lol

deshahawg

LSU has an idiot coach that won't keep getting the talent to over come his incompetent coaching.....we won't have to worry about lswho in 5 years.

Hogjawls

Quote from: Tammany Tom on April 05, 2008, 10:59:18 pm

And we have had the wrong guy coaching the hogs for the last ten years.
So going by your reasoning, we've still managed to win our share of games over you tiggers, and now with a top notch coach, we will be a force to reckon with.

kclvr

Recruiting rankings don't put up W-L but you can rest assured being a hog fan this board would or will go ape sh$$ crazy when and if we break the top 10 in recruiting.  I know we won this year but I think we are 1-4 the last five against them so to se we are getting ready to dominate them is crazy.  I saw on the Texas top 100 for 09 that hardly any on the top 100 is even showing interest in us, this tells me that BP's name alone is not going to pull players in off the streets.  We have a long way to go.  In fact more list interest in Ole Piss than us, just saying.

kclvr

Quote from: bigeasyhog on April 05, 2008, 08:55:33 pm
BP has ONLY BEEN HERE 4 MONTHS?!!!...and had 8 weeks to sign a class. And, got Tyler Wilson and Joe Adams to switch last minute, oh, plus there's this transfer from Michigan who showed up....Dude lighten up  on the "...based on his classes at Louisville" too.. are you kidding me?!! Have you been to the 45k seat Papa John's Stadium they had will competing in C-USA up until 3 years ago?  Give me a break!

Lastly, that  8 week recruiting class was ranked 18th by ESPN...yeah, I think if we start winning, BP can get top 10 classes at UA...

I know how long he has been here and Ole St. Nick  finished the NFL season before he was hired by AL and finished in top 10 by Rivals. Nobody uses ESPN to gauge a class unless of course it is to stroke one's on ego.  The 2 weeks before signing day this board was calling for a protest of ESPN because of BP's treatment by them. I was very glad he got them to switch but they live withing 2 hours of campus, we should expect to sign guys like this every year. I do think BP will do fine here but I think it will take time and I am willing to give him 4-6 years.  All the other teams have not stopped going forward with their progress just because we hired a real coach and we are behind a few in the conference.  The West maters but not completely because after you win that you must still win another to get to the big game. 

SLC

I will point out a couple of things. 
First, LSU has 2 BCS NC's.  Those are legitimate NC's, as opposed to what USC is claiming.  LSU has earned the right to be a bit cocky, and their fan base has always been a collective group of deginerates.  Not all, but most.  They do not treat opposing fans well like I"ve found at Bama, Ole Miss, and other SEC schools.  LSU fans swear at you, flip you off, call you names, throw drinks on you, etc.....   We've had a couple incidents like that at AR, but noone (not even MS St or FL) has less class than LSU. 
Second, Lesticles is a competent coach but he got very, very lucky this year.  Not every year will his gambles pay off like they did this year.  Third, while Lester is a stupid yank, LA has a wealth of in-state talent that is loyal to LSU, and LSU will also pull recruits from TX and MS.  Lester does not have to be a great recruiter at LSU to field a very talented team.   

Those are my thoughts, apologies to those I have offended.
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.