Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pelphrey to Kentucky?

Started by LRCentralTiger, April 03, 2008, 07:22:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

opineonswine

Quote from: UKWildcats on April 03, 2008, 10:28:21 am
Are you all afraid of looseing Pel 

No.  But if UK job was open the rumors would swirl.  Gillispie is NOT going to OSU.

By the way, we L O V E   Pel.

Jeffcphog

Quote from: UKWildcats on April 03, 2008, 12:34:26 pm
Coach G is not going anywere any time soon.  So you guys can relax and Coach Pel ant going no were either

And you know this for a fact, how??

UKWildcats

Quote from: purplehog44 on April 03, 2008, 12:36:35 pm
He ant?
Well the only place Coach G will be going is Recruting thats about it.

UKWildcats

Quote from: Jeffcphog on April 03, 2008, 12:38:57 pm
And you know this for a fact, how??
Because, he said he was not going anywere.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

David†

Quote from: opineonswine on April 03, 2008, 12:37:37 pm
No.  But if UK job was open the rumors would swirl.  Gillispie is NOT going to OSU.

By the way, we L O V E   Pel.

The rumors have been swirling since Pel's first day on the job.

Remember when he wore the blue tie?

I've never seen so many people so paranoid about a coach.

The Marmot

Quote from: donewithdale on April 03, 2008, 12:46:43 pm
Why would UK want Pelphrey as their coach? 

He's a legend over there and they don't like Billy G.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Pigonometry

Quote from: BCShogs on April 03, 2008, 10:41:31 am
wally really is an idiot. I guess his job is to stir the pot, but come on. Talk about far fetched.

You are correct!  That is all that he knows how to do..........
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

UKWildcats

Quote from: The Marmot on April 03, 2008, 12:51:58 pm
Who dont like Billy G you must be smokeing some good crack in Ark

David†

Quote from: UKWildcats on April 03, 2008, 12:54:00 pm
ant yall smokeing anie good crak in Kentukie ?

cosmodrum

I'll trade you some Little Rock, AR crack for some Gays Creek, KY moonshine...
Go away, batin'

UKWildcats

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 03, 2008, 01:00:26 pm
I'll trade you some Little Rock, AR crack for some Gays Creek, KY moonshine...
Well to bad it ant Gays Creeks it is Gray's Creek moonshine 

The Boar War

Quote from: The Marmot on April 03, 2008, 12:51:58 pm

I like Pelphrey and I think that he's turning us in the right direction.  But did anyone see this year as a season that would put him at the top of Kentucky's list?

Also I believe a lot of people are putting too much stock into the "he played for Kentucky so he'll go coach there argument".  In the history of Kentucky Basketball its happened once: Joe B Hall.  Not exactly like Bo Schembecler saying the Michigan job should be given to a Michigan man.     

cosmodrum

April 03, 2008, 01:07:43 pm #63 Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 04:06:00 pm by cosmodrum
Quote from: UKWildcats on April 03, 2008, 01:03:33 pm
Well to bad it ant Gays Creeks it is Gray's Creek moonshine 

http://kentucky.hometownlocator.com/KY/Perry/Gays-Creek.cfm

You sure are quick to add an "R" to Gays Creek, but seem not to be fond of putting the "i" in aIn't.

Go away, batin'

centarkswine

Quote from: farmhawg on April 03, 2008, 09:57:47 am
Wally's an idiot and trying to get everyone upset.

Very true. This piece of trash that he wrote is no reason to get upset.

TrojanHog

Quote from: ColonelNutt on April 03, 2008, 08:28:08 am
3/4 of that article is inaccurate. 

That's garbage. 

The editor that let that get out, is garbage.

That's why I don't read the newspaper.

It's laughable that OK. St. can lure gillispie away from Kentucky.  The guy has no contract signed at Kentucky and he can leave anytime he wants to any school he wants and it won't be OK. St.

I see what you're doing...

Sorry others missed it. Nice work, and by the way, Gundy's voice was reading it in my head, so thanks for that.

I could see Gillispie leaving Kentucky if OSU threw a bunch of money at him.  Look what he did to Texas A&M in the process of going to Kentucky?  For that matter, he drug us into it as well, there were too many rumors flying that he was the guy for there not to have been some truth to it.  He screwed us and the Aggies to get the job that paid the most.  To think he wouldn't jump ship if T Boone gave him the keys to the mint is not really paying attention to the man's history. 

I don't think that Self would leave KU unless he wins the National championship and then I could possibly see him saying he reached the pinnacle and would like to go home and take his school to the top.  Otherwise, I see him staying in the place that gives him the best chance of finally getting to the top, KU.

I'm not sure that Kentucky would want to grab Pelphrey at this time.  Although, I could see now being a chance for Donovan to go home.  A little space between the national championships, not a great year, a raise.  Not likely, but possible if it came to that. 

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: The Boar War on April 03, 2008, 08:04:44 am
They used to call it yellow journalism.
Now it's short Yellow bus Journalism

Quote from: UKWildcats on April 03, 2008, 12:40:43 pm
Because, he said he was not going anywere.
If that meant anything, he would still be at A&M.

secfan30

Nope, the "Hash" just grows beside the road for all to stop and enjoy. I must admit that with the way you are typing that you must be screwing with us. If you are not well we can add Kentucky to the list of who we Thank God for. "We Thank God for Mississippi, Kentucy.........."

slopinhogs

heck fire, why didn't Wally just take a sign ,and run around the athletic center saying go to Kentucky Pelphry go to Kentucky.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

The Marmot

Quote from: opineonswine on April 03, 2008, 01:46:29 pm
I think the majority of UK fans are quite happy with Gillispie.

I wasnt really talking about the fans.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

claytongray

Maddhog

Quote from: donewithdale on April 03, 2008, 10:02:32 am
Well actually the two have supposedly made up in the last week.  It was a soap opera there.  Oneill looked like he was going to be Lute's successor with even the AD being quoted as saying that.  And now the AD has done some serious backtracking.  Then Lute indicated he is coming back and started having meetings with players behind Oneill's back.  And this cause their relationship to sour and Oneill was going to be fired.  Now the latest is Oneill will be Lute's asst. based on their meeting but the AD doesn't seem on board.

Thanks for the response.   Do you know why Lute took the leave of absence?   Does he have
health issues?    That's the part that really seems secretive.
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

TrojanHog

Quote from: Maddhog on April 03, 2008, 03:55:56 pm
Thanks for the response.   Do you know why Lute took the leave of absence?   Does he have
health issues?    That's the part that really seems secretive.

It was reported last week that he was taking time off to deal with his divorce.

He couldn't talk about it because of the Arizona Family and Medical Leave Act's requirement of keeping things quiet when on leave.

UKWildcats

Their is only one coach that would not come to coach UK and everone know who that is.

grayhawg

If I remember 2 turned you down before Billy Clyde said OK.

dsewell70

I'm so glad to see the world return to its rightful order. It wasn't all that long ago things had been turned on their head as people on here were praising Wally, in love with Wally. I'm glad to see everyone has returned to their senses and are banging on Wally again. ahhhhhhh

Okie Hog

Quote from: UKWildcats on April 03, 2008, 04:17:14 pm
Their is only one coach that would not come to coach UK and everone know who that is.

I'm seriously loving this guy!  I'm using babblefish to translate his authentic Kentucky gibberish!!  LMAO

farmhawg

Quote from: UKWildcats on April 03, 2008, 12:40:19 pm
Well the only place Coach G will be going is Recruting thats about it.

I have started to think that this is Billy G. and he's been hitting the bottle a little early. Either that or MOTHO has started posting on here.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Brand X Hog Fan

April 03, 2008, 06:13:47 pm #80 Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 06:16:02 pm by Seahawk4ever
Pel is not going to Kentucky. I really believe he wants to make his mark here in Fayetteville. Someday maybe but not now. Besides, Kentucky hired the best established coach on the market last year (many thought) and look what it got them. If there is no pressure for BG to leave, he won't leave . . . especially to come back to the Lesser 12. If he is fired, I doubt the PTB at Kentucky want to hire a so far unproven JP. I could have won 20 games with the players the Hogs had this year. The jury is still out on JP, but I believe he is going to take OUR program to the next level.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

BigoBoys

Will go there after Billie leaves. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: Special Delivery Jones on April 03, 2008, 08:09:15 am
Not real sure we could know his character at all.  I am sure after 1 season a lot of people would have hit your straight in the mouth to have question Houston's character.  If the deam job comes available you have to take it when it is there.  There usually is no tomorrow for those jobs.  If he were to leave to go back home and it is his dream job then so be it, and that is no reflection at all on his character.

I ain't worried about Pel leavin'.  When he goes he goes.  Now if Frank were still here I'd be scared of the future.  But not any more!

Hogeration

No.  If he goes and loses they will pull his banner down.  Surely he wouldn't want to mess up his legacy.

HogTuba

Honestly?  I'm glad we're in a situation where some WANTS to take our coach.  That being said, since this is his first head coaching job, I don't think it's likely.  Plus, I bet they'll want to give ol' Billie another year; they didn't do TOO bad.
S-A-S-N-A-K--RA

Bigfoot

April 04, 2008, 02:58:27 am #85 Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 03:00:55 am by bigfoot
Quote from: LRCentralTiger on April 03, 2008, 07:22:18 am
Wally thinks it will happen if things fall in order.  Read his article this morning in the ArkDamGaz.
I don't put any stock into anything Wally Hall say's or writes! Therefore I will not read it.