Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What if Ole Miss beats us next year.

Started by Prosciutto, April 01, 2008, 04:27:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

vol_in_ar

Quote from: rcowen on April 01, 2008, 05:25:21 pm
Funny but very true.

I really don't think this coaching staff will have a problem with him. . .

You've got a great coaching staff, but the lack of WR's an an undersized RB, is going to be a problem this year for the Hogs

elksnort

Quote from: Bob from Dumas on April 01, 2008, 04:54:37 pm
I don't care what happens this year or next.  We still got a major upgrade across the board on the coaching staff and over time, we will win that battle year in and year out.  Beating Ole Miss will be a given.  Winning the SECCG and BSC bowls will be the expectation.  WPS!!!

Whoa!

Don't set yourself up for dissappointment.

"given" , "sec championship"

idochog

Guys the Game is at RRS, TCTWF couldnt even defend RRS when he was here much less win on the road.

Besides dont you think Petrino might be just as motivated, if not more than Hootie.  Hootie probably will be texting Bragg on the sidelines anyway
I love Jesus!

porkurina

The sun will come up again but the sun will shine for the UA much longer than Ole Miss in the future.

Conway4Hogs

He will have to do it out coaching Petrino...Out playing Petrino coached players and over the loud booing and occasional verbal barrage coming from my 4 seats in section 124

Bob from Dumas

Quote from: elksnort on April 01, 2008, 09:31:29 pm
Whoa!

Don't set yourself up for dissappointment.

"given" , "sec championship"

Give me a break.  It's March.  We can all be excited in March.  I'm still giddy over the fact that HDN is gone.

neahog

Quote from: FOURTH-N-LONG on April 01, 2008, 04:27:07 pm
It is not impossible. Nutt left our team in pretty bad shape, by letting our top in-state recruits leave the last 2 years.

I do not think I could stand to see his smug, cocky look, as he runs off to lead the ole miss band while they play their fight song.

If Petrino wins this game, I will be forever grateful.
I expect them to beat us next year, they should be favored with those recievers and Sneed...however, they'll only be better than us (I would think) for a year or two. If they beat us the next two years, we'll beat them the next 20 after that.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill

mlloyd4

If they beat us, then we say good game and move on.  We'll get them the next year.  The reality is that Ole Miss is going to win a game sooner or later, with or without Nutt. 

BTW: What does TCTWF stand for?  The Cat That Would'nt Fart
WPS

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

maximus

April 02, 2008, 04:54:15 am #59 Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 05:14:41 am by maximus
"the coach that was fired" 

i think
Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!

Styflin

AR should beat two schools on a regular basis...both those schools are in the same state.  No excuses to lose to Ole Miss.  I don't care what the circumstances are.

opineonswine

Dorkus will lead the Rebel pep band and act retarded.

gohogsgo006

Al of you who think Ole Miss will beat us next year, i got something to say. Sure they look to be having an "up" year, but they still have to come here, to Fayettnam.

Fayetteville is not exactly a walk in the park for opposing teams. IT will be especially loud b/c of Hooty.  Ole Miss will not beat us.
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

DeltaBoy

If the CHWF beats us this fall, I will have to take the following monday off as sick day.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hollywood_HOGan45

RRS will be on FIRE for that game.

gotta believe the fans will carry the team to a win.

lyon98

One of his LBs that made 50+ tackles last year told Tyronne Nix he is gone. Nuttso says he hopes he can talk to him before he leaves.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

Special Delivery Jones

I would love to have a transcript of the things that are going to be said to Hooty.  I am sure there will be some classic words thrown his directions.  I see this being a true beat down.  There is no way they can even come close to the task at hand. 

razorrog1

Quote from: 311Hog on April 01, 2008, 04:49:52 pm
The rain of D cell batteries from the stands would blot out the sun....
That's so wrong, but yet so funny.

Uncle_dad

What scares me the most is that MOTHO can always be counted on for one win that he shouldn't have had a chance in.  I just pray that win doesn't come against us!

OTTER

Didn't the Gov. call a special session and make it illegal for Ole Miss to ever beat us?  I say we win by 17.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Special Delivery Jones

Arkansas wins this one going away.  What will really interesting will be his comments right after the beat down.  How in the hades is he going to sugar coat the barrage of hate that is going reign down on him?  That fool will somehow spin it into how well he has been treated and how much he loves coming back to Arkansas.

WhenPigsFly

Echoing many of the sentiments already expressed:

1.  If The Texticle is going to beat us, he had better do it this year.

2.  If that does occur, I dread seeing that smug SOB acting like they won the NC.

3.  If that does occur, I still will thank the lucky stars a thousand times over that we have Bobby Petrino instead of the Nuttless one.

Special Delivery Jones

Win, lose, or draw that day for Arkansas.  The biggest victory will be that Hooty will be leaving at the end of the day.  Don't have to worry about waking up the next morning and him still being the coach.   

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

April 02, 2008, 10:23:20 am #73 Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 10:25:05 am by abostian
Quote from: drivetimeporks on April 01, 2008, 04:35:48 pm
we will be way down..they are  (should be) up.. but nutt will lose the game..b/c we will line up 10 on the line (and a safety)..and  he still wont be able to pass

Watch him pass it 50 times just to spite us. 

Hogginitall

Quote from: vol_in_ar on April 01, 2008, 09:30:39 pm
You've got a great coaching staff, but the lack of WR's an an undersized RB, is going to be a problem this year for the Hogs

You have no clue about what you type.  We have plenty of talented WRs.  The only reason you don't know that is because they were rarely/never used under the former regime.  Also, losing McFadden and Jones would hurt any team.  However, we're well equipped at the RB position.  They may be "undersized" in your eyes, but they are very talented (think Fred Talley).  Brandon Barnett will surprise people this season.  We will be fine on offense.  My only concern is the defense.

drivetimeporks

Quote from: PiggyBack on April 01, 2008, 05:27:50 pm
How sweet would it be for Casey Dick to throw for 300 yards and 4 touchdowns against the QB killah!!!
haha amen to that... i did forget about the concept that nutt will be on the road for the game, damn near assuring he will lose...

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Special Delivery Jones on April 02, 2008, 10:16:07 am
Win, lose, or draw that day for Arkansas.  The biggest victory will be that Hooty will be leaving at the end of the day.  Don't have to worry about waking up the next morning and him still being the coach.  

and on Sunday we'll have THE BOBBY PETRINO SHOW!!!!!!!!!

Hogs4Ever

We've already won that game.  MOTHO will be on the opposing sideline.

D Ive Wright

It is not impossible. Nutt left our team in pretty bad shape, by letting our top in-state recruits leave the last 2 years.

I do not think I could stand to see his smug, cocky look, as he runs off to lead the ole miss band while they play their fight song.

I put my money on BP.

Throwback1

Then their athletes will have overcome their coaching.
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

blunt_hawg

Nutt didn't leave the team in as bad as shape as people try to make it out to be.  There is still a lot of talent on the team.  With the upgrade in coaching, we shouldn't have any problems beating Ole Miss.

LM RZRBCK 29

WR's that weren't used. Does Fred Talley bring back any memories?? If D Curtis can step up he's plenty of a man. 6'1" 210 isn't undersized. Brandon Barnett and Dennis Johnson are bowling balls. I don't think the skill players will be a problem this year.

For my post to make me a Senior, GO HOGS GO!!! WPS!! :razorback:
Quote from: NeverYield on April 15, 2011, 10:02:02 am
How do you know if you're done whiping?  Sniff the TP?

Quote from: OtterHog on April 15, 2011, 10:05:16 am
Its all about feel. It took years of training. Very rarely have I had to go back in for mop-up duty.

vol_in_ar

Quote from: L-MO on April 02, 2008, 06:49:35 pm
WR's that weren't used. Does Fred Talley bring back any memories?? If D Curtis can step up he's plenty of a man. 6'1" 210 isn't undersized. Brandon Barnett and Dennis Johnson are bowling balls. I don't think the skill players will be a problem this year.

For my post to make me a Senior, GO HOGS GO!!! WPS!! :razorback:

Like it or not recievers are a problem
last year you had two former QB's playing recievers, and your leading reciever was a fullback, whose going to the NFL

hoghearted

vol, you couldn't be more wrong. We have several very good receivers. The quarterback position might be a question, but with the ability of this staff to develop players, I don't think so.

The real question is our defense. We shall see.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Hogginitall

Quote from: vol_in_ar on April 05, 2008, 02:56:01 pm
Like it or not recievers are a problem
last year you had two former QB's playing recievers, and your leading reciever was a fullback, whose going to the NFL

Clueless, you are.  We will be fine at WR this year.  You'll see.  Worry about your team.  Thanks.

vol_in_ar

Quote from: hoghearted on April 05, 2008, 03:29:14 pm
vol, you couldn't be more wrong. We have several very good receivers. The quarterback position might be a question, but with the ability of this staff to develop players, I don't think so.

The real question is our defense. We shall see.
Quote from: Hogginitall on April 05, 2008, 03:37:39 pm
Clueless, you are.  We will be fine at WR this year.  You'll see.  Worry about your team.  Thanks.

That's funny
I listened to Paul Petrino's interview with Bo the other night and recievers was an issue he talked about, Ben Cleveland's not a WR...

jgphillips3

I don't really care if he has his moment in the sun this year or next.  His days are numbered and karma is going to be a B***h when it comes calling for him.  Petrino is going to show what a real coach can do and Ole Miss has the sixth best coach in the Western Division which means they are going to stay in the cellar for a long time.

oldhawg

Quote from: vol_in_ar on April 05, 2008, 03:58:03 pm
That's funny
I listened to Paul Petrino's interview with Bo the other night and recievers was an issue he talked about, Ben Cleveland's not a WR...

As receiver's coach, you would expect Paul Petrino to talk about receivers.

It is an Arkansas advantage, however, to get Ole Miss a little later in the year.  Hawgs will certainly know about their receiving corps by the time the Rebs role into the RRS.

Regardless of strengths and weaknesses, the atmosphere generated by the return of Nutt and his Rebels will be electric.  It will be the kind of college gameday that fans love------especially for the winner.

The Realist

Hell hath no fury on these boards like if we lose to Ole Miss.

And we will be fine at WR.  Nutt played huge favorites at this spot...hence Lucas Miller playing.  Rod Coleman, Salters, and Wade are all solid players.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

vol_in_ar

BigDeal

It would not be the end of the world and would not mean a bad season. Keep in mind many people are picking Ole Miss to be in the hunt for a title next year.

Dances With Hogs

Neahog, What? I cant beleive I just read that crap, what a conclusion.
Quote from: neahog on April 01, 2008, 10:49:48 pm
I expect them to beat us next year, they should be favored with those recievers and Sneed...however, they'll only be better than us (I would think) for a year or two. If they beat us the next two years, we'll beat them the next 20 after that.

hog_fan

April 05, 2008, 09:46:00 pm #92 Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 09:50:36 pm by hog_fan

We have the WR's and that will proven now they will get real coaching. So  you exext them to be great in 3 days. Give them the Spring and fall. Offense will be just fine.

HugoBezdek

If we lose.  IF.  Then we will have good reason to hate HDN and we won't even have to make anything up or blow anything out of proportion.  We can finally be completely justified.  Of course we can give Orgeron (sp?) most of the credit for their win. 

Of course if OM comes to Fayetteville and gets their ars kicked, HDN's honeymoon will be over and our HOGS will gain the beginnings of a swagger.   

NWAREDBUG

Quote from: BigDeal on April 05, 2008, 06:16:22 pm
It would not be the end of the world and would not mean a bad season. Keep in mind many people are picking Ole Miss to be in the hunt for a title next year.

Who in the Hell is picking Ole miss to win a title?

Arkansas will win next year and will own the Running Rebs, make sure when you get your lips off Hooties a$$ to tell him thats the way it will be. :razorback:

razorrog1

Quote from: BigDeal on April 05, 2008, 06:16:22 pm
Who is picking them to be in what title hunt?

deshahawg

I bet this place would over load with posts!

NorCalHog001

The more I read about the Ole Miss spring practices, the less I worry about HDN beating Arkansas.  This in yesterday.

"The Rebels spent a lot of time working on draws and screens on offense Friday."

http://www.djournal.com/pages/story.asp?ID=271202&pub=1&div=Sports

cnasty

Most likely won' t happen, but there are much worse things in the world than losing to OM

BigDeal

Quote from: NWAREDBUG on April 05, 2008, 10:09:35 pm
Who in the Hell is picking Ole miss to win a title?

Arkansas will win next year and will own the Running Rebs, make sure when you get your lips off Hooties a$$ to tell him thats the way it will be. :razorback:

A lot of experts are picking them. I'm not saying it will happen, I'm just repeating some things that I have heard. For one, they have a  lot of offensive talent coming back. And of course, it could have something to do with the type of hard nosed football a Houston Nutt team likes to play.