Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What if Ole Miss beats us next year.

Started by Prosciutto, April 01, 2008, 04:27:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggish1

April 06, 2008, 08:32:22 pm #100 Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 08:35:01 pm by Hoggish1
Quote from: FOURTH-N-LONG on April 01, 2008, 04:27:07 pm
It is not impossible. Nutt left our team in pretty bad shape, by letting our top in-state recruits leave the last 2 years.

I do not think I could stand to see his smug, cocky look, as he runs off to lead the ole miss band while they play their fight song.

If Petrino wins this game, I will be forever grateful.

It would be a bitter pill, but don't work yourself into sleepless nights.  Ole Sis coming into RRS, as hostle as it will be, and pulling off an upset is a big longshot.  Check their immediate schedule out and I think you will agree with me that Ole Sis will be out of gas by the time they roll into Fayetteville:

Sat, Sep 20     Vanderbilt *    Oxford, Miss.      TBA   
  Sat, Sep 27     Florida *    at Gainesville, Fla.      TBA   
  Sat, Oct 04     South Carolina *    Oxford, Miss.      TBA   
  Sat, Oct 18     Alabama *    at Tuscaloosa, Ala.      TBA   
  Sat, Oct 25     Arkansas *    at Fayetteville, Ark.      TBA   
  Sat, Oct 1

Having Aubie after us makes it even harder for TCWF'd to get it done against us next year.

go hogues

Quote from: BigDeal on April 06, 2008, 08:20:44 pm
A lot of experts are picking them. I'm not saying it will happen, I'm just repeating some things that I have heard. For one, they have a  lot of offensive talent coming back. And of course, it could have something to do with the type of hard nosed football a Houston Nutt team likes to play.

Source?
Link?
Or is it the "Frank" ex-purhts?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Hogginitall

A lot of experts are picking them. I'm not saying it will happen, I'm just repeating some things that I have heard. For one, they have a  lot of offensive talent coming back. And of course, it could have something to do with the type of hard nosed football a Houston Nutt team likes to play.

No they're not.  Show me a couple.  What idiot is picking a team that went 0-fer in the SEC last year to even win the West?  Maybe if you consider yourself an expert.  There's just no way anyone is picking them over LSU, Auburn, Alabama, Miss St, AND Arkansas.  The best I could see is 3rd or 4th....and that's pushing it!

Hoggish1

Quote from: NorCalHog001 on April 06, 2008, 05:05:55 pm
The more I read about the Ole Miss spring practices, the less I worry about HDN beating Arkansas.  This in yesterday.

"The Rebels spent a lot of time working on draws and screens on offense Friday."

http://www.djournal.com/pages/story.asp?ID=271202&pub=1&div=Sports

From the article:

The Rebels spent a lot of time working on draws and screens on offense Friday.

Nutt said.

Fear not!  Everything is as it has been for the past 10 with TCWF'd.

tigerLSU

Quote from: FOURTH-N-LONG on April 01, 2008, 04:27:07 pm
It is not impossible. Nutt left our team in pretty bad shape, by letting our top in-state recruits leave the last 2 years.

I do not think I could stand to see his smug, cocky look, as he runs off to lead the ole miss band while they play their fight song.

If Petrino wins this game, I will be forever grateful.

thats how LSU fans felt last game against Saban

El Puerco

Quote from: BigDeal on April 05, 2008, 06:16:22 pm
It would not be the end of the world and would not mean a bad season. Keep in mind many people are picking Ole Miss to be in the hunt for a title next year.

I'm guessing that whoever decided to turn off the smites did not take BigDeal into consideration when doing so. Want....smite....BigDeal.....can't.....smite....BigDeal. aaaaAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

El Puerco

Quote from: razorrog1 on April 06, 2008, 03:00:34 pm
Who is picking them to be in what title hunt?

I'm guessing that BigDeal is picking them to win on his "special" Ole Miss fan site.

El Puerco

A lot of experts are picking them. I'm not saying it will happen, I'm just repeating some things that I have heard. For one, they have a  lot of offensive talent coming back. And of course, it could have something to do with the type of hard-nosed Bone-head football a Houston Nutt team likes to play.

Better

Simple Swineman

April 06, 2008, 10:13:33 pm #108 Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 10:17:09 pm by Simple Swineman
If Ole Miss beats us next year (which is a very, very good possibility) then it will be the same song and dance around here. People will totally overreact and make knee-jerk reactions to the outcome of one game.

Ex-huggers will use that one game as absolute proof that we made a big mistake in letting Nutt go just as they used the LSU win as proof that Nutt is the best coach in the history of football coaching. They will still have the inability to look at the big picture.

It is just as childish for the ex-darksiders to put so much emphasis on that game as if it proves a point by winning the game. People, it's Ole Miss. Getting all worked up for that game just sets up the stage for an all out hugger-hater war to start all over again. I thought when Nutt left all that stuff was over. Back to one hog family. It is sad to see it starting up again.

El Puerco

Quote from: Simple Swineman on April 06, 2008, 10:13:33 pm
If Ole Miss beats us next year (which is a very, very good possibility) then it will be the same song and dance around here. People will totally overreact and make knee-jerk reactions to the outcome of one game.

Ex-huggers will use that one game as absolute proof that we made a big mistake in letting Nutt go just as they used the LSU win as proof that Nutt is the best coach in the history of football coaching. They will still have the inability to look at the big picture.

It is just as childish for the ex-darksiders to put so much emphasis on that game as if it proves a point by winning the game. People, it's Ole Miss. Getting all worked up for that game just sets up the stage for an all out hugger-hater war to start all over again. I thought when Nutt left all that stuff was over. Back to one hog family. It is sad to see it starting up again.

Yeah, can't we all just get along?......But we're still going to take up a collection for a Nutt welcome banner for that game, right?

dhornjr1

Quote from: abostian on April 02, 2008, 10:23:20 am
Watch him pass it 50 times just to spite us. 

Wouldn't that be classic Nutt? It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him throw it a lot against us just for spite. He's got the team to do it since he hasn't had the time to kill Snead's abilities yet.

Wildhog

Quote from: dhornjr1 on April 06, 2008, 10:58:56 pm
Wouldn't that be classic Nutt? It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him throw it a lot against us just for spite. He's got the team to do it since he hasn't had the time to kill Snead's abilities yet.

Don't underestimate the MOTHO, he's getting very quick and efficient at killing talent.  Talent should be scared.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

lyon98

Quote from: Wildhog05 on April 06, 2008, 11:16:00 pm
Don't underestimate the MOTHO, he's getting very quick and efficient at killing talent.  Talent should be scared.

I hate ole piss, I did hate nutt but I remember the joy he brought during his first two years and expect him to do the same for ole piss people this fall. Some days a used car salesman can sell an old studebaker. I fear for a loss.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

CorningHog

April 07, 2008, 10:35:50 am #113 Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 10:41:41 am by CorningHog

Bigdeal is talking about himself and Frank.  They got together and realize that with Houston Nutt's coaching and motivational speaking ability that the Rebels who were winless in the SEC last year, will make great strides and win the West, then win the whole thing!

Yeah, right.

Nutt and his staff may improve the attitudes and the "softer" approach that Houston and his boys like to promote may win some converts at Ole Miss but I personally don't see any carryover or correlations to what happened at Arkansas in 1998 during Nutt's first year.

I also see Petrino and his staff getting our guys ready, whether we will have a dominant team in all phases, remains to be seen.  I do however have no fear as to who has the best coaching staff.

We saw many superior coaching staffs beat very talented Arkansas teams, remember Vanderbilt in Fayettevile?  Remember Alabama last year? 

And remember this.........for the first time in Reynolds Razorback Stadium, it will be appropriate or acceptable behavior to "boo" Nutt and his staff as well as the opposing team.  I sat by a lot of fans, of all different ages and talked to a lot of Hog fans all over the area and nearly 100% were past ready to see Nutt go.  I think these same fans will enjoy the opportunity to voice their approval that Nutt is gone!  I also think the ones that were being classy last year being quiet yet were growling to each other under their breath, will not be quiet while Nutt is in the stadium this coming year.  Expect the atmosphere and the loudness of the crowd to be incredible!  I really think Nutt will get a huge dose of just what most fans thought about his coaching.  It may get very personal and ugly, but for the most part it will be fans enjoying the pleasure of being a little rowdy towards a coach that was at least 5 years past his welcome.  All in all, I doubt that Ole Miss will win this game unless a bevy of turnovers occurs and we give them too much help.

I doubt you will ever have heard the kind of booing and yelling at an opposing team and their staff as you will this year.

This is one game I do not want to miss. 

Anyone know if Lil Sis Teresa Prewett will be in town?  The backdrop of this game and the stories written, the players, the new Petrino staff versus old Hootie, this will be a great game!

And the return game in '09 will be even better.......to go beat Hootie at Ole Miss!  Mallett and the Arkansas recruits that never had to listen to Nutt-speak.....the Razorback kids will enjoy beating Nutt and Ole Miss.
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

eddyhog

Who are the experts ? Can you name even one of them ? I read a lot of stuff and I don't recall anyone picking Ole Miss to win the west expert or not.

HoggieStyle

A side note on this one....I bet it'll be the toughest ticket of the year.

Back on topic...I think it'll be a bloodbath. I can see Nuttflap starting out throwing the ball, but at the first sign of trouble, you know what happens. Run right, run right, smoke draw, punt.

Bloodbath, I tell ya.

Throwback1

It will be the win HDN wants more than any on the Ole Miss schedule, bar NONE.
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

Mr. Hog

Did Houston use this hard nosed type football you speak of in all the Bowl games we lost ?
Go Hogs Go!

HotlantaHog

If Ole Miss were to beat Arkansas -- and it is possible -- it means NOTHING. Next year will likely be Houston Nutt's BEST year at Ole Miss and I for one would not be surprised to see the Rebs compete for the SEC West title. He will pump up the strong recruiting classes that he couldn't have brought in, and won't in the future. Next year will likely be Petrino's WORST year. You don't build a program overnight. By 2010, it will be clear that Ole Miss is on the slide and Arkansas on a big rise. I wouldn't fret much by any one loss next year.

idochog

Does anyone not think Petrino may wanna beat that nutt A$$ b/c the game is in RRS and nutt couldnt even defend RRS when he was the coach.

I bet Petrino tries to hang 50+ on them and the good news is that he wont let up.
I love Jesus!

Sivad

Nutt will eat his fingers off;

Bro AD Danny will bleed all over the field;

Shiworst will cuss and threaten our players;

The 'Funky Chicken' will be danced all over the Olay Miss sidelines;

The promised Olay Miss "Pro-Style" offense will resemble a junior high scrub team playbook;

Rev. Rick will be orgiastic at the very sight of El Dorko;

And no matter the score, Razorback Nation will be so happy that mess of nutts are gone!