Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What if Ole Miss beats us next year.

Started by Prosciutto, April 01, 2008, 04:27:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosciutto

It is not impossible. Nutt left our team in pretty bad shape, by letting our top in-state recruits leave the last 2 years.

I do not think I could stand to see his smug, cocky look, as he runs off to lead the ole miss band while they play their fight song.

If Petrino wins this game, I will be forever grateful.

idiotghos

Then we will have a worse record than if we had beaten them.  No need to even let them think we consider them a threat to the point that we hate them.

Hogs4Ever

Sure its possible.  If MOTHO is going to beat us, this year and maybe the next are his best shots.

I won't like it one bit but will understand that better times are coming. 

Wildhog

Just put 8 in the box...problem solved.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

lockmaster

It might happen .......I still see us having a better program for the future and he won't beat us every year. God Bless Bobby

drivetimeporks

we will be way down..they are  (should be) up.. but nutt will lose the game..b/c we will line up 10 on the line (and a safety)..and  he still wont be able to pass

jst01

It would suck for sure but Houston Nutt's best days are behind him now and we have A LOT to look forward to in the future. 

hogfan@heart

It is possible, but I don't think it will happen.

usnavyhogfan

April 01, 2008, 04:37:33 pm #8 Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 04:39:49 pm by usnavyhogfan
i dont think i could bare to see that goofy smirk of his after he won, and it would hurt my ears to hear him tell the story of how his players are so special and have so much heart. but not to worry even if he had the lead at the end of the game he will no doubt grab defeat from the jaws of victory. "we had arkansas on the ropes." he will say and declare a moral victory
The dream is free, the journey is not.

40YrHogFan

The Rebs only hope is for their new QB (Snead) to beat us thru the air. They don't have a single experienced running back on campus.

Nut never beat anyone thru the air after Stoerner graduated and Stoerner had Joe Ferguson teaching him to check off at the line while Snead is only a sophomore and will do as he's told - as in run, run, pass, punt.

I gave them a 50/50 chance of beating us until I heard about the new Wild Rebel formations using a 5'8" 165 lb rookie running back. Now I rate it as a 30% chance of beating us.

311Hog

The rain of D cell batteries from the stands would blot out the sun....

centarkswine

Bob from Dumas

I don't care what happens this year or next.  We still got a major upgrade across the board on the coaching staff and over time, we will win that battle year in and year out.  Beating Ole Miss will be a given.  Winning the SECCG and BSC bowls will be the expectation.  WPS!!!

NuttinItUp

Silver Hog

Quote from: 311Hog on April 01, 2008, 04:49:52 pm
The rain of D cell batteries from the stands would blot out the sun....

"Then we will play in the shade..."

311Hog

NuttinItUp

invisiblehand

I think the atmosphere in the stadium for that game will be too much for them.  It always seemed like our last coach would panic on a big stage (sec championships and bowl games come to mind).  I may be wrong since he always seemed to be able to get his teams fired up enough for one game a year, but I think that if they get a lead they will go into that prevent offense we grew to love and cherish over the last 10 years.  One coach playing to win vs. another playing not to lose equals Arkansas win.

TrojanHog

Hogville melts down later that night. 

invisiblehand

April 01, 2008, 05:00:00 pm #19 Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 05:04:21 pm by invisiblehand
glad i wasn't the only one with the duplicates.

TrojanHog

stupid internets...  Duplicate. sorry

memphishog

Maybe i'm crazy but i just don't see a Houston Nutt secondary that doesn't get burned by a pass attack.

memphishog

and maybe it would be sweet justice if the winning touchdown was a long run.

PiggyBack

IF, and that is a big IF, El Testiculo is to beat us then next year is his best shot.  I'm not too worried about it though.  An "up" year for Ole Myth is pretty much an average year for us.  Plus they have Dale....
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

regi

Will not happen. Ole miss will have New QBs, new RBs, thin D-Line, zero lbs and zero secondary players. OleMiss is small and slow (did ya'll miss the game last season?). Arkansas runs the score up. We will be 7-5 maybe 8-4 at best, but OleMiss is way down in numbers (flunked out or nonqualifiers). Nutt is in for a tough 1st season next year; @ WakeForest, @Florida, @Bama, @LSU, and @Hogs. He will be lucky to go 6-6.

rcowen

Quote from: Wildhog05 on April 01, 2008, 04:34:52 pm
Just put 8 in the box...problem solved.

Funny but very true.

I really don't think this coaching staff will have a problem with him. . .

JeffSpicoli

It is a possibility.  They have a 5 star juco Rb who Dale promised to treat like Mcfadden.  Snead can probably put a ball down field despite his coach.  We have the better staff, but I think they have enough talent to beat us.

PiggyBack

How sweet would it be for Casey Dick to throw for 300 yards and 4 touchdowns against the QB killah!!!
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

jeepinhogfan

I wouldn't be the first time Nutt caused us to lose a game.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

All I've done for the last three years is hear how Ole Miss got all this great talent.

If the talent is really there, then I guess they beat us this coming year.

I'd doubt it if they beat us in the '09 year.

I think we'll own them from that point on.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Sivad

Even if they did, we will still be so much better off with Nutt and his family of misfits gone.

go hogues

I agree with those that say if he's gonna, he'll do it this year and this year only.  Enrique Davis may be the real deal, he may not.  Who knows?  Jevan Snead may be the real deal, he may not.
The Dork will want this game much like he wanted the games whenever we would play Texas.  So there is a possibility of a defeat but I think each time we played Texas, they were looking past us and therefore we snuck up on them.  With 40 some odd players that the now Ole Miss staff recruited and coached, you know our guys will not be looking past Ole Piss.
I think it will be close but I give the edge to the Hogs. 
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

farmhawg

I don't know if they can beat us but I swear if Bo has Motho on his radio show before the game I will never listen to them again.

I figure we will be throwing and running so fast it will just mess them up.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

newera

we better beat them...i would die if we lose to them.
I'm a diverse all sports fan... Razorbacks, Lipscomb Bisons (NCAA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Barcelona (La Liga), Arsenal (EPL), and Sacramento Kings.

SC-RAZOR

Hillary, Obama, McClain, we lose to Nutt? I'll move to Canada.

go hogues

Quote from: farmhawg on April 01, 2008, 06:18:49 pm
I don't know if they can beat us but I swear if Bo has Motho on his radio show before the game I will never listen to them again.

I figure we will be throwing and running so fast it will just mess them up.
Why do you listen to him now???
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Smokehouse

nutt's been beating us for the last ten years, might as well get one more lick in.

It's going to happen sometime, people. Probably very rarely, but he will beat us. Remember how pumped he can get a team for one game. But if he does, who cares, Ole Miss will still not amount to anything in the SEC.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: regi on April 01, 2008, 05:24:52 pm
Will not happen. Ole miss will have New QBs, new RBs, thin D-Line, zero lbs and zero secondary players. OleMiss is small and slow (did ya'll miss the game last season?). Arkansas runs the score up. We will be 7-5 maybe 8-4 at best, but OleMiss is way down in numbers (flunked out or nonqualifiers). Nutt is in for a tough 1st season next year; @ WakeForest, @Florida, @Bama, @LSU, and @Hogs. He will be lucky to go 6-6.

The RBs maybe new but Enrique Davis and Devin Thomas can play. Nutt has had success with inexperienced running backs.

SC-RAZOR

Quote from: Smokehouse on April 01, 2008, 06:29:23 pm
nutt's been beating us for the last ten years, might as well get one more lick in.

It's going to happen sometime, people. Probably very rarely, but he will beat us. Remember how pumped he can get a team for one game. But if he does, who cares, Ole Miss will still not amount to anything in the SEC.
Very true

SquidBilly

Let's not forget who their D-coordinator is.  The same guy that couldn't keep McFadden from tying the SEC single game rushing record or us from going over 500 yards rushing on the game.  An incompetent HC + an incompetent DC spells trouble for them against a Petrino led offense.

Wild Bill Hog

It could happen, but our future with BP is a lot better than OM's with HDN.

Justifiable Hogicide

I will still be happy about the coach we have,

and

elated that the coach we had is gone.

3kgthog

It'll be one of the few games next season where Ole Miss looks prepared. Nutt will treat us like he always treated Texas. We'll be his BCS Championship game and every other game will be almost meaningless to him.

pimpndistress

:razorback:  FIRE JEFF LONG :razorback:
SMITE ME IF YOU LOVE  JEFF LONG [move]

lyon98

Quote from: JeffSpicoli on April 01, 2008, 05:25:52 pm
It is a possibility.  They have a 5 star juco Rb who Dale promised to treat like Mcfadden.  Snead can probably put a ball down field despite his coach.  We have the better staff, but I think they have enough talent to beat us.

I'm afraid it will be like nutt's first year in Fyetteville, he will have them playing above their heads and he does have some hosses, if his linemen are all elgible, he'll have some Shawn Andrews types, at least two. Mark it down as a loss. I hope I have to come back and eat crow. Kent Austin ain't a Lee.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

maximus

if you can remember one thing about nutt, he sometimes got up for the big games.  not including bowl games.  especially texas.  he may always get up for this one.
Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!

Tusks

I'm going to have to buy a case of preperation H because monkeys just flew out of my arse.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

PigPusher

Hey don't be concerned we all know without a doubt what Mr. Nutt will do on 3rd and long.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

hillhog

Just remember, years ago Arkansans could say "Thank God for Miss." Now we can say it again with even more fervor.

Doggtown31LCC

it's not to bad of a situation, if we win great, if we lose we can blame hooty for not getting talented enough players to beat ole miss
L. Courtney Click
Winthrop Wolves #1
Superman wears Joe Adams pajamas