Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would you welcome a James Anderson transfer back to Arkansas if certain

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, April 01, 2008, 12:28:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainhog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 01, 2008, 02:40:32 pm
Doug your avatar is classic- and here is my favorite scene:

[/quote

That scene still cracks me up when i watch it!  and how many years ago was that!  lol

rpmorte

Quote from: dougieritch on April 01, 2008, 02:03:13 pm
Hate to say it guys, I wouldn't want him at the UofA, it wasn't good enough for him a year ago and other than a coaching change what is new...the UofA is the fall back plan?

I would rather Pel focus on getting some big guys since we are going to be weak on the front line.

Is that what you think about Mallet coming here as well.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: dougieritch on April 01, 2008, 02:03:13 pm
Hate to say it guys, I wouldn't want him at the UofA, it wasn't good enough for him a year ago and other than a coaching change what is new...the UofA is the fall back plan?

I would rather Pel focus on getting some big guys since we are going to be weak on the front line.

It's like being a Plan B to Eva Longoria.  You just don't say no to something like that, even if you are the Plan B.  I will gladly be Plan B from Mr. Anderson.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hogginitall

Hoggy1

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 14, 2008, 07:31:43 pm
post raised from the dead for a reason... "grapevine"

is the grapevine juicy or is it wilted from the sun?
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

TRUHOG718

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 01, 2008, 12:28:20 pm
scenario's were to play out...

1. Unhappy with new coaching hire
2. Can transfer with immediate playing eligibility (different conference)

Yes. But no way he could play next year. Only bareavement (no spell check at work) circumstances would allow him to play. No matter what conference, if its D1 he has to sit out 2 semesters.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

Tomhog™

I don't see it being in JA's best interest to transfer anywhere and sit out a year. That isn't from the grapevine, but I just don't see him coming to Arkansas or anywhere outside of Stillwater.

heathtits

He didn't want to play for Heath. I hear a certain mile high player told him not to.

BigDave70

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

dhornjr1

Quote from: heathtits on April 15, 2008, 12:42:40 am
He didn't want to play for Heath. I hear a certain mile high player told him not to.

First, let me say I'd be glad to have the kid as a Razorback.

Second, who is the mile high player to whom you are referring? Denver is known as the "Mile High City" and I can't think of anyone in their organization who has a relationship with Stan Heath or the Razorbacks. Except Scott Hastings, who does the color commentary for Nuggets games, used to do the color for Broncos games, and also host a sports show on 104.3 The Fan in Denver. Are you saying Scott Hastings told him not to play for Heath?

Or do you mean Ronnie Brewer told him not to play for Heath? Salt Lake City is not quite a mile high, but it's close. ;)

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: dhornjr1 on April 15, 2008, 02:24:31 am
First, let me say I'd be glad to have the kid as a Razorback.

Second, who is the mile high player to whom you are referring? Denver is known as the "Mile High City" and I can't think of anyone in their organization who has a relationship with Stan Heath or the Razorbacks. Except Scott Hastings, who does the color commentary for Nuggets games, used to do the color for Broncos games, and also host a sports show on 104.3 The Fan in Denver. Are you saying Scott Hastings told him not to play for Heath?

Or do you mean Ronnie Brewer told him not to play for Heath? Salt Lake City is not quite a mile high, but it's close. ;)

i thought the same thing---he must have met brewer and the jazz.

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Petrinohoggy

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 01, 2008, 12:28:20 pm
scenario's were to play out...

1. Unhappy with new coaching hire
2. Can transfer with immediate playing eligibility (different conference)

Even if you switch conferences you aren't allowed to play right away. The only way thought would happen is if he had an appeal to the NCAA and it was granted.

Break & Run

I saw James Anderson play fromhis 10thgrade year all the way through this year.  He is a great player, maybe a lil bit of a ball hog but has good instincts and can be a great player in Pel's system...
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

farmhawg

Of course we would want him here. But I don't think that will ever happen.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

AnthroHog

Now that Travis Ford looks like he'll be Oklahoma State's coach, shouldn't the decision be made soon?

Philip Seaton

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 01, 2008, 12:45:27 pm
Didn't Glendon Alexander transfer from Arkansas to OSU a few yrs back with no penalty?   Sunday Adebayo comes to mind also Chris Jefferies to Fresno State etc...

They all sat out with the exception of Sunday Adebayo who was told that he couldn't play at Arkansas anymore because of violations. He transferred to Memphis for his senior season, and then the NCAA said oopps we screwed up and gave him an unprecedant extra season at Arkansas. Alexander, if my memory serves me correctly, left at mid-term and had to sit out until the following mid-term.

The Hog

Quote from: Petrinohoggy on April 15, 2008, 11:46:42 am
Even if you switch conferences you aren't allowed to play right away. The only way thought would happen is if he had an appeal to the NCAA and it was granted.
You are absolutely correct.  Some folks need to go to the NCAA site and read the transfer rules.  A lot to digest but it is not that complicated.  If Mallet is approved to play in the fall it will set a precidence that the NCAA does not want to deal with.
Automatic RUN!

Beaverfever

Quote from: donewithdale on April 16, 2008, 03:54:58 pm
Why would JA give up a year of his limited basketball playing years and sacrifice hundreds of thousands of dollars or more by giving up that year?  Next year's NBA draft class will not be deep in talent.  Why would he leave Ok St and sit out a year to play college basketball again in 2 seasons when he could play next season at Ok St and move on to the NBA?
That is said every year and then a new crop of college freshmen shows up and that is blown to crap.  Great players will emerge every year.  It's just a matter of when you think you are ready.

Stateline Hawg

I can't see why in the world he would transfer, unless he's planning on getting a degree first before the NBA.  I wouldn't respond to this thread, which has a few posts that piss me off, i'm from J.C.  I heard about 2 weeks ago from a friend that James was on campus and being shown around by one of the ball players. I found this strange, but knowing sutton was gone (Dickey as well, the one James really took to), i inquired a little into it.My friends brother who attends the UofA, and who knows James saw him up there.  As for the job thing, his mother still has had the same job she always had, i hadn't been in the store in the last month and a half, i guess she could have a new job.  James has lived with her the past several years.

TheBossHog

Nope!! We don't need him now. We are loaded with a lot of good players and I think he would be a distraction to the players that will probably be here until they graduate.

Hogcalla