Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Billy Gillispie to Oklahoma State? (from the Kentucky board)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, April 01, 2008, 12:03:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

April 01, 2008, 12:03:57 pm Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 12:13:47 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Click Below image: You just need to be a registered member of rivals (ask permission)

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

April 01, 2008, 12:10:38 pm #1 Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 12:14:06 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Billy Gillispie is considered a Rock Star of sorts in the BlueGrass State....

I wouldn't be at all shocked though if he bolted because I know he now realizes the exspectation level at Kentucky.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Cresthog

Elaborate please. I didn't get to read anything of that nature when I clicked the link.

idiotghos

Quote from: Cresthog on April 01, 2008, 12:13:23 pm
Elaborate please. I didn't get to read anything of that nature when I clicked the link.

Check the date and you'll get the whole story.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Cresthog on April 01, 2008, 12:13:23 pm

Kentucky Mods killed the link.... but here are other stories... click me
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: ColonelNutt on April 01, 2008, 12:46:43 pm
garbage.

probably right ColonelNutt but keep in mind Mr. Boone Pickens has Jerry Jones type money
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

fu-man-soo

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/seth_davis/03/25/hoop.thoughts/index.html

"On another Kansas-related note, I am still hearing that Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder is considering jettisoning Sean Sutton so he can make a run at Bill Self, an OSU alum. And if Holder can't get Self, word is he's deeply interested in Kentucky's Billy Gillispie. Why would Holder think he could pry away coaches from two of the most storied programs in college basketball history? Because he has Boone Pickens, the billionaire alumnus who donated $165 million to the Oklahoma State athletic department two years ago. I've heard some crazy contract figures being tossed around -- anywhere from 10 years, $30 million to five years, $20 million, which is tip money for Pickens -- but at the end of the day I have a hard time envisioning either Self or Gillispie leaving their current gigs."

mathhog

Remember boone pickens, the oklahoma oil man, has given $150 MILLION to the oklahoma state ATHLETICS department.

i seriously doubt that billyg leaves kentucky, especially after their great sec year, but you can't deny that okstate will throw the bank at whoever

also remember bill self, he's an okstate guy.  if kansas wins it all, i bet he goes to okstate

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=181#s=181&f=2336&t=2294612

http://oklahomastate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=193&tid=112558876&mid=112558876&sid=932&style=2

NuttinItUp

Quote from: mathhog on April 01, 2008, 01:09:43 pm
Remember boone pickens, the oklahoma oil man, has given $150 MILLION to the oklahoma state ATHLETICS department.

i seriously doubt that billyg leaves kentucky, especially after their great sec year, but you can't deny that okstate will throw the bank at whoever

also remember bill self, he's an okstate guy.  if kansas wins it all, i bet he goes to okstate

http://oklahomastate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=193&tid=112558876&mid=112558876&sid=932&style=2

Why would Kansas winning have an effect on it? He ain't leaving Kentucky.

NuttinItUp

D Ive Wright

Quote from: mathhog on April 01, 2008, 01:09:43 pm

Billy Clyde will stay a Kentucky.

fu-man-soo

idiotghos

Quote from: NuttinItUp on April 01, 2008, 01:13:05 pm
April Fools Day, anyone?

Yes.  And if any Okie staters are buying into this, joke's on them.

Wildhog

Okie St is starting to annoy me...What with all the recruiting battles and now trying to get BCG, which would undoubtedly trigger an outcry for Pel in Kentucky...

Let's schedule them in something and beat the crap out of 'em.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

FaytownHog

good lord thats scary just typing it! possibilities? low. have a good april fools!

Wildhog

Hogville April Fools should be illegal.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Ahenso

Doug G on ESPN Radio said the first phone call will be made to Bill Self after the Final Four. He expects them to throw out a ridiculous offer to Bill Self to come home to OSU and be the coach. With the largest single donor in college athletics no financial amount is unheard of. I still believe that he will stay at KU but they will make a run at him.

Baconator

NuttinItUp

We need someone to give our athletic department $150 mil.

PorkRyan

Andy Katz said that Boone will offer Self 4-5 mil per year.  Gillipsie is option #2 according to Katz.

cosmodrum

Quote from: PorkRyan on April 01, 2008, 01:48:50 pm
Andy Katz said that Boone will offer Self 4-5 mil per year.  Gillipsie is option #2 according to Katz.

Umm....

::)
Go away, batin'

FaytownHog

lol. yea. as an assistant!  i always mess stuff up! if i werent on a cell phone ide correct it

Beaverfever

Quote from: Wildhog05 on April 01, 2008, 01:24:19 pm
Okie St is starting to annoy me...What with all the recruiting battles and now trying to get BCG, which would undoubtedly trigger an outcry for Pel in Kentucky...

Let's schedule them in something and beat the crap out of 'em.
Honestly if kentucky were going to go for a former player I think it would be Travis Ford.  He is a bit more seasoned.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: PorkRyan on April 01, 2008, 01:48:50 pm

For that kind of money, can I be #3?   ;D

D Ive Wright

Quote from: Beaverfever on April 01, 2008, 02:26:47 pm
Honestly if kentucky were going to go for a former player I think it would be Travis Ford.  He is a bit more seasoned.
Good point.

Petrinohoggy

If Kentucky wants to pay the $3 million dollar buyout then by all means take him. I don't see it happening though.

hogsanity

If Slef or BG do not come out by the end of today, and remove their name from consideration, both KS and Ky should fire them on the spot, and sue them for breach of contract.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Kevin

i don't think it would be as easy as uk fans think to get pel.

they also thought they could get pitino back, and they also thought billy d was a shoe in
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Kevin

pel is part of the legendary group at uk, travis is not in that circle.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Beaverfever

Quote from: hogsanity on April 01, 2008, 02:32:27 pm
If Slef or BG do not come out by the end of today, and remove their name from consideration, both KS and Ky should fire them on the spot, and sue them for breach of contract.
Because that would be the smart move...?

Ok Matlock, where in their contracts does it say you have to publicly deny interest in a job that you are RUMORED to be a candidate for a school that currently has a head coach?

hogsanity

Quote from: Karma on April 01, 2008, 02:44:51 pm
Ok Matlock, where in their contracts does it say you have to publicly deny interest in a job that you are RUMORED to be a candidate for a school that currently has a head coach?

Did not say it does.  Don't know what is in them.  BG, especially though, should not even give the appearance of being interested after being on the job only one season.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ConwayHog

Quote from: hogsanity on April 01, 2008, 02:46:05 pm
Did not say it does.  Don't know what is in them.  BG, especially though, should not even give the appearance of being interested after being on the job only one season.
When you say "sue them for breach of contract" it seems to imply you believe their contract requires the action you describe.

ConwayHog

April 01, 2008, 02:56:25 pm #37 Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 02:45:32 pm by Pel Legs™

You have lost your mind.  Do you even know what breach of contract means? 

Go sell some more lamps.

3kgthog

That is Okie State's problem. They are trying to build winning programs by simply throwing money at them. I would almost bet the farm that it will fail miserably in the end. If you don't have the administration from the AD on down then it isn't going to matter how many millions are spent on bricks and mortar. Obviously they don't have the AD since that moron agreed to let Sean have the HC job even though he had never won an NCAA game. That move was as dumb as us paying Houston Nutt to coach at Ole Miss. 

All I really know is James Anderson should now transfer to Arkansas. We've got a style that would fit him perfectly and having him after a redshirt year could mean a deep NCAAT run if Beverley stays for his senior year. We've also got a scholly for him too since Rakestraw is headed to Ouachita Baptist or wherever.

Hollywood_HOGan45

why would anyone leave Kansas or Kentucky for okstate????

pigsooiec5

Quote from: hogsanity on April 01, 2008, 02:46:05 pm

LOL @ This idiot suggesting that these employers should breach the contracts themselves, and THEN sue the guys whose contracts they just breached for breach of contract. 

mclyte

I could see Self leaving Kansas for Okie State.  He is a former Okie State player (point gaurd) and his wife was the captain of the cheerleading squad at Okie State... Those are some strong ties.  Kind of like Pel at Kentucky!

Oliver

Quote from: NuttinItUp on April 01, 2008, 01:48:34 pm
We need someone to give our athletic department $150 mil.

Yeah.  And maybe now the Athletic Department would maybe know how to use it wisely instead of giving coaches like Houston Nutt raise after raise for winning 7 and 8 games.

Winner

Quote from: mclyte on April 01, 2008, 03:13:28 pm
I could see Self leaving Kansas for Okie State.  He is a former Okie State player (point gaurd) and his wife was the captain of the cheerleading squad at Okie State... Those are some strong ties.  Kind of like Pel at Kentucky!

4-5 Million a year to go to your alma mater would be tough to turn down I'd think.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on April 01, 2008, 03:03:59 pm
why would anyone leave Kansas or Kentucky for okstate????

If Boone is willing to pony up 4-5M, then I'd go for those guys. One isn't married, so it's an easy move. The other is an alumnus.

I'd wager stranger things have happened, but I don't see either guy moving to Stillwater.
Go away, batin'

NuttinItUp

Quote from: KJL on April 01, 2008, 03:28:56 pm
This thing will be fun to see play out. In the end I just hope Pel says here whatever scenario happens.
Yeah, hands of Pel, you guys!

Beaverfever

Quote from: pigsooiec5 on April 01, 2008, 03:06:06 pm
LOL @ This idiot suggesting that these employers should breach the contracts themselves, and THEN sue the guys whose contracts they just breached for breach of contract. 
LMAO...hilarious

WizardofhOgZ

You won't hear a word out of Bill Self's mouth in the next few days that isn't directly associated with his team's Final Four game.  For one thing, he's smart enough to know that his team needs NO distractions right now, and he has to set the standard in that department.  Secondarily, he has worked too long and hard to GET to the Final Four to frick it up now that he's there.

If OSU is, indeed, interested (and I'd think they would be), I'm sure they'd have no problem waiting until after Kansas' season ends before pursuing this further.  That is, publically.  Certainly, behind-the-scenes conversations with Self's representative are likely taking place right now.  But you will hear nothing about it until after this weekend.

Jim Harris

Quote from: D Ive Wright on April 01, 2008, 01:13:13 pm
Billy Clyde will stay a Kentucky.

If BG were to leave Kentucky and Pat Forde did not rip him one bigger than he did Petrino after the Falcons thing, then he can eat darn.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

D Ive Wright

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 01, 2008, 02:57:42 pm
That is Okie State's problem. They are trying to build winning programs by simply throwing money at them. I would almost bet the farm that it will fail miserably in the end. If you don't have the administration from the AD on down then it isn't going to matter how many millions are spent on bricks and mortar. Obviously they don't have the AD since that moron agreed to let Sean have the HC job even though he had never won an NCAA game. That move was as dumb as us paying Houston Nutt to coach at Ole Miss. 

All I really know is James Anderson should now transfer to Arkansas. We've got a style that would fit him perfectly and having him after a redshirt year could mean a deep NCAAT run if Beverley stays for his senior year. We've also got a scholly for him too since Rakestraw is headed to Ouachita Baptist or wherever.
You sir, are the eternal optimist.