Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Damian Williams hurt in fan collision - do not click if not interested

Started by rabrya, April 01, 2008, 09:53:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dougieritch

Guess this is the reason Hootie closed practices!

Kind of crazy USC would let fans on the sideline, seems like this would happen more often.
Of course it makes you wonder where the kid's parents were.

DeltaBoy

Sorry to hear that!  Kids need to be in School and not at a college FB practice.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SC-RAZOR

I still care about those kids and how things are going with them. I appreciate the update.

Rooka

Hope he heals up soon!
Im ready to see the Mitch to Damian connected at USC!
Fight On Mitch and Damian

Idahog

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

hogsanity

Wasn't it at Colorado spring ball a couple years ago that a WR crushed a small child, cutting the kids head open?  All the while the kids dad was standing blabbering on a cell phone.  Glad DW or the kid were not hurt seriously.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Jones4040

I wish the kid all the best but this is a Razorback board and we are getting updates on minor injuries from USC. Didn't think my post was worthy of getting deleted. Its a ligitimate point. Why talk about insignificant happenings at USC when Razorback Spring Practice is upon us. Seems like some folks just can't let go.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Jones4040 on April 01, 2008, 10:26:44 am
I wish the kid all the best but this is a Razorback board and we are getting updates on minor injuries from USC. Didn't think my post was worthy of getting deleted. Its a ligitimate point. Why talk about insignificant happenings at USC when Razorback Spring Practice is upon us. Seems like some folks just can't let go.

Screwing around with a Mod on a open forum will get you more than your post deleted. Take my advice and drop it.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

The Marmot

Its a battle you wont win my man. Just move along.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

phadedhawg

might be fun for the fans but doesn't seem a very smart way to run your practices....

Fans can't be expected to keep their heads up on the sideline enough to avoid getting in the way...

kinda dumb on USC's part...

It sounds like the receiver will be fine

Wayne Watson

The guys are from Arkansas and some of us like to hear about them.  End of discussion.  If you don't want to read about it, don't click on the thread.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

hogchick26

Having fans on the sidelines seems very dangerous. Now, in the stands (if they have that on the practice field) sounds great. My question is, what are the ramafications if Damien did hit the kid? Or do the fans sign a waiver? I just think someone could get seriously injured with people on the sidelines not paying attention or having their backs turned during the action.
It's a new day in Razorback Nation! Go Hogs!

Tripod1

Glad it was minor.  He would have been great here as a Hog under the new coach. 

lockmaster

Brand X Hog Fan

Yeah, my kid is in Iraq. Why should I care about what happens to him now? He's out of my house.

Some things are bigger than *gasp* Razorback Football practice.

Glad to see Damian is having a Highlight reel spring! That is exciting!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

cosmodrum

"Damien Williams, who has been enjoying a highlight-reel Spring..."

Friggin Hootie.
Go away, batin'

TulsaHogFan

Jones, what part of "if not interested, don't click" did you NOT understand.

Seriously I am tired of the wanna be mods trying to control content on this board.

Mods and admins here do a damn good job on their own. Quit trying to tell them how to moderate content.

Damn.

HoopS

farmhawg

Seems like you need to let it go. Don't read the dang thread if you are not interested, you were clearly warned. 

Oh and by the way STFU and quit whining.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

oldfart

i am always glad to see practices open to fans, but allowing fans on the sidelines seems ludicrous.  Waaaaaaaaaay to much chance for injury to players and fans alike!!

go hogues

Quote from: hogchick26 on April 01, 2008, 10:35:27 am
Having fans on the sidelines seems very dangerous. Now, in the stands (if they have that on the practice field) sounds great. My question is, what are the ramafications if Damien did hit the kid? Or do the fans sign a waiver? I just think someone could get seriously injured with people on the sidelines not paying attention or having their backs turned during the action.
Especially at SC.  Their practice fields are not remotely as nice as Arkansas' facility.  The area around the practice field is pretty limited, space wise and when you get a bunch of people in there, it can become pretty dangerous, pretty quickly.  I wish Damian the best and can't wait to see him, Mitch and Broderick lighting it up for the Trojans.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

DubHawg

Good to hear he is having a highlight spring. Hope he heals up well.

oldfart

I might also comment, many of us on this board know Damian personally and follow him with interest.  he is a great kid, i have known him since the first grade and i wish he was still a hog but that doesnt keep us from caring about his career.

TrojanHog

I really think the idea of practice being that open is great for the fans.  They probably should have a better buffer system, but that'd be great to be down on the field watching things happen.  Pete Carroll is not afraid of the light.

I think that it is safe to say that every time an article on Mitch or Damian is put up somebody is going to whine and then mods are going to point out that is their job.  I actually look forward to it.  It's like when Robert Shields posts and somebody says, "Who is Robert Shields?"  It's a part of the fabric...  Be honest mods, you'd miss it.

kitshicker

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: hogsanity on April 01, 2008, 10:25:12 am
Wasn't it at Colorado spring ball a couple years ago that a WR crushed a small child, cutting the kids head open?  All the while the kids dad was standing blabbering on a cell phone.  Glad DW or the kid were not hurt seriously.

Too bad DW couldn't have nailed the PARENT instead of hurting himself to avoid a kid.  Woulda been a nice "wake up call" for the parent.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

DeltaBoy

Maybe Pete will keep the fans in the stands until practice is over!  I know I would Damian is too good to let him get hurt by some fan who is in the way.

I feel for the Kid I hope he did not get scared too bad.

Some parents never quit amazing me.

BEvERage

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on April 01, 2008, 11:23:07 am
Too bad DW couldn't have nailed the PARENT instead of hurting himself to avoid a kid.  Woulda been a nice "wake up call" for the parent.
Nothing anywhere in the article said the parent was doing anything wrong. If anything, the parent should be congratulated for spending quality time with their child. Chit happens.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: BEvERage on April 01, 2008, 03:25:27 pm
Nothing anywhere in the article said the parent was doing anything wrong. If anything, the parent should be congratulated for spending quality time with their child. Chit happens.

It didn't have to.  You teach your children respect by making sure they aren't in any way, doing something rude.  Being so close to the field that if for any reason the action found itself there, you'd be hard pressed to get out of the way, when you're nothing but a FAN is rude.

Want to take your kid to a practice?  Kudos.

Want to become the next Bartman, possibly seriously injuring a player and possibly your kid?  The entire program/fanbase would better off not having that person as a fan.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Sao Ming

Seriously, why were so many in the comments calling it a freak accident?  A freak accident isn't something that can be avoided or likely foreseen.  PC and USC could have avoided this. 

BEvERage

im sure at our open practices this spring a player will run full speed into the sidelines and there will be fans nearby. there is not much room, especially inside the walker pavillion.

PIGINAPOKE

I see you made it on the Wheaties box
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

Silver Hog

Maverick Razorback

Quote from: Pel Legs™ on April 01, 2008, 11:12:22 am
We don't need your help either.  Three moderators have already chimed in on this thread. 
One too many
IF YOU AINT FIRST...YOUR LAST!!

One of Arkansas last lowriders.

BCShogs

Quote from: Maverick Razorback on April 01, 2008, 03:53:15 pm
One too many

You're right about that. He's the loud mouth mod.

Maverick Razorback

Quote from: BCShogs on April 01, 2008, 03:55:31 pm
You're right about that. He's the loud mouth mod.

Some people have no business possessing any kind of power..goes to their head. Funny and disturbing at the same time.

eddyhog

Quote from: BEvERage on April 01, 2008, 03:43:39 pm
im sure at our open practices this spring a player will run full speed into the sidelines and there will be fans nearby. there is not much room, especially inside the walker pavillion.
Actually if you had been to an Arkansas practice you would know that they make fans sit up on the grass away from the sidelines. Also I heard Petrino say on Bo Mattingly's radio show that if the practices are moved to the Walker Pavilion fans will not be allowed in there.

BEvERage

Quote from: eddyhog on April 01, 2008, 04:21:24 pm
Actually if you had been to an Arkansas practice you would know that they make fans sit up on the grass away from the sidelines. Also I heard Petrino say on Bo Mattingly's radio show that if the practices are moved to the Walker Pavilion fans will not be allowed in there.
Actually Sir, I have been to over 100 practices, dating back to Hatfield. If the practices there are crowded, not all can fit on the hillsides.

Maverick Razorback

Quote from: Pel Legs™ on April 01, 2008, 04:37:28 pm
I'm surprised I got this type of comment.  If I only commented to the first guy's post who was trying to help (jones fella), you all would say we aren't being fair or unbiased.  Since I responded to the other guy trying to help (who basically told Jones to stick it), I'm now abusing power. 

There's no winning with some folks. 

I dont think anyone would have said you were being biased. The topic title clearly states dont click if not interested..Jones chose to be negative and should stick it. But in my opinion its also an open forum and a good argument makes for good reading. As long as its not too out of hand.

How much fun would Hogville be if everyone was in total agreement?

Maverick Razorback

Quote from: Pel Legs™ on April 01, 2008, 05:04:45 pm
I'm not asking for total agreement.  It would be terribly boring.  But, we certainly don't need 15 other members piggybacking. 

Actually, it's more of how it was said, not what was said. 

I understand what your saying..there were 2 other mods that also commented. If that would have been another mod that made that exact statement would you have commented? I understand Mods needing to keep a certain amount of order. Just seemed a little rude that this guy is agreeing with you and you call him out the way you did.

jgphillips3

I think it is worth noting that Damian Williams was a Razorback and would still have been if it weren't for that egomaniacal Nuttjob we had as coach.  I don't consider his transfer as anything against the Razorback program and will always consider him a Razorback despite the transfer because of the extenuating circumstances surrounding the transfer.  Therefore, information on Williams, Mustain or Norman is every bit "Razorback" information to me just as if you were telling me what's going on with any former player that is now in the pros or has moved on to other things in life. 

We owe Damian, Mitch and Gus one hell of a debt of gratitude because without their situations and departures, we wouldn't have the overwhelming positive change in our program that has come about.  If I had the chance I would shake all of their hands and thank them; we have a real coach because of those guys...just not the way we would have wanted it to happen.

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

Wayne Watson

Wonder what the scored would have been if MM and DW would have been allowed play the whole game.
We don't rent pigs

Wildhog

Thanks for depressing me, Wayne...

I am, however, expecting big things from our incoming qb's.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

SC-RAZOR

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

Silver Hog

Wayne Watson

Quote from: swisshog on April 01, 2008, 05:45:47 pm
makes me smile each and every time. Oh what should have, could have, would have been!

And they are local kids from NWA so we naturally want them to do well.  Just because they play somewhere else now does not mean they are not from the great state of Arkansas. I like to hear reports on all the kids from Arkansas. 
We don't rent pigs

PIGINAPOKE

I get sick.............................I hated Houston Nutt. I know why when I watch this clip.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?