Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who do you want to win the NCAA tournament?

Started by NuttinItUp, March 30, 2008, 11:23:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Out of the Final Four teams, who do you want to win the NCAA tournament?

Kansas
40 (31%)
UCLA
9 (7%)
North Carolina
40 (31%)
Memphis
40 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 120

NuttinItUp

Which team do you want to win at this point?

NuttinItUp

I am going for the "anyone but Memphis" philosophy at this point, I suppose.

idiotghos

I am going for the "Memphis" philosophy at this point, because I got sick of hearing that they were overrated because of their conference when they played one of the toughest nonconference schedules in the nation, and that they'd never be able to get past ft troubles even though they do everything else so well.  If anyone from a top team over the last few years has the grounds to play the "no respect" card, it's Calipari.

Razorback88

Kansas is the only team left that I don't have a general dislike for.  They're also who I picked in my bracket so it's an easy choice for me.

Bigfoot

40MINSOFHELL

Bigfoot

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 30, 2008, 11:23:54 pm
I am going for the "anyone but Memphis" philosophy at this point, I suppose.
You gotta pick 1 man. LOL! Who you goin with?

blacksuit

I'm pulling for Memphis to steal this one from the three storied powerhouse schools.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: bigfoot on March 30, 2008, 11:38:55 pm
You gotta pick 1 man. LOL! Who you goin with?
I guess I like Kansas the most, haha. Memphis is definitely the most slimy of the ones still in it, though.

Atreyu

1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

Bigfoot

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 31, 2008, 12:15:21 am
I guess I like Kansas the most, haha. Memphis is definitely the most slimy of the ones still in it, though.
Yeah, I'm with you on pulling against Memphis!

Brass Knob

hogsanity

If Memphis had anyone coaching them, other than crapilari, I would root for them.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hollywood_HOGan45

any hogfan rooting for mempho to win the national title must not want us to ever recruit Memphis, Tennessee ever again.

DeltaBoy

Memphis STATE University !  Sorry I don't accept that name change crap. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SpareRib

Grew up in Memphis.  Gotta pull for them.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

spiritof92

pitbull1

Well I don't care for Memphis, but I don't think UCLA can beat them.  I don,t like N. Carolina, but I know Kansas can,t beat them.  I feel N. Carolina will beat Memphis and win it all.

roundball

Besides Arkansas, I have always liked the Jayhawks! Those guys are a great group of guys and who can say anything bad about Danny Manning!

jharwell

Gotta go with Memphis. Cant root for "Whining" Roy, definitely cant root for UCLA, and cant stand KU. Go Tigers!
- Jason

hawgapalooza

Mo_Better_Hogs

Memphis. It's time for a new sheriff in town.

V B Porkers

clifflee4mvp

Arkansas- if they aren't in it, I don't care.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Dr. Hogenstein

I am not a Calipari fan and at this point I don't care who wins it but
I think Memphis will win it.

dougieritch

1) Kansas
2) UCLA

Forget the other two...I'm sick of UNC and "PSYCO T" - another ESPN Tim Tebow-like Lovefest...As for Memphis I cannot stand St. John "The Whiner" and his group of thugs.

However if the unthinkable happens Memphis vs UNC...UNC all the way!

Houston h

Memphis is 103-9 over the last 3 seasons with 2 Elite Eights and now a Final Four under their belt.  They are BY FAR the best team left in the tournament with all the attributes a championship team needs and will destroy ULCA on Saturday.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Houston h on March 31, 2008, 03:32:22 pm
Memphis is 103-9 over the last 3 seasons with 2 Elite Eights and now a Final Four under their belt.  They are BY FAR the best team left in the tournament with all the attributes a championship team needs and will destroy ULCA on Saturday.

Will they then destroy UNC?

Houston h

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 31, 2008, 03:42:39 pm
Will they then destroy UNC?

Absolutely, that is if UNC can get to the championship game.  Not sure they can beat Kansas or anyone else outside the state of North Carolina!

hawgsav1

how the hell can we cheer for Memphis? We're Razorbacks.  We're supposed to hate Mempiss...
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

hawgsav1

Quote from: Houston h on March 31, 2008, 03:49:43 pm
Absolutely, that is if UNC can get to the championship game.  Not sure they can beat Kansas or anyone else outside the state of North Carolina!

Uh...Memphis will lose to UCLA.  UCLA has much better defense and can shoot better from the outside.  On top of that, Kevin Love is a beast inside.  UCLA's backcourt tandem is a lot more than a freshman Derrick Rose can handle.  This game will be a slow-down grinder, and UCLA's clutch performance and Memphis' inability to hit free throws will cost them the game.  UNC will beat Kansas, as they are better offensively.  Kansas has the talent to run with them, but UNC is so fluid in its abilities and they mesh well as a team.  Kansas can be inconsistent.  Also, for people who disparage UNC because they played close to home in this tournament, consider that they are undefeated this year on neutral courts and away from their arena.  Kansas nearly lost to Davidson with Stephen Curry in a slump.  UNC actually had to play someone very good in Rick Pitino's Louisville team.  UNC stomped everyone they played.  They beat everyone at their own game. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Houston h

Quote from: hawgsav1 on March 31, 2008, 04:17:21 pm
Uh...Memphis will lose to UCLA.  UCLA has much better defense and can shoot better from the outside.  On top of that, Kevin Love is a beast inside.  UCLA's backcourt tandem is a lot more than a freshman Derrick Rose can handle.  This game will be a slow-down grinder, and UCLA's clutch performance and Memphis' inability to hit free throws will cost them the game.  UNC will beat Kansas, as they are better offensively.  Kansas has the talent to run with them, but UNC is so fluid in its abilities and they mesh well as a team.  Kansas can be inconsistent.  Also, for people who disparage UNC because they played close to home in this tournament, consider that they are undefeated this year on neutral courts and away from their arena.  Kansas nearly lost to Davidson with Stephen Curry in a slump.  UNC actually had to play someone very good in Rick Pitino's Louisville team.  UNC stomped everyone they played.  They beat everyone at their own game. 

Wow, man do you work for ESPN?  That's sounds just like something Digger or Dicky V would say.  Yeah the same guys that said Memphis would lose to Michigan State and Texas.  Those two teams were the "best" defensive teams that Memphis had supposedly faced all year but Memphis had only 5 turnovers against Michigan State and 9 against Texas while forcing those teams into twice their yearly average and beating them both by 18.  Memphis also shot 79% from the foul line against Michigan State and 83% from the foul line against Texas, so that argument falls flat as well.

Memphis, not UCLA has the best defensive team in the country hands down.  They have the length at guard to deny penetration, they have the inside beef to shut down any opponents lane presence and they have the speed to correct any mistakes.  And as far as Rose not being able to handle UCLA's backcourt tandem, that's almost laughable.  UCLA won't be able to handle the best point guard the college game has seen in years.  He will destroy the 6ft Collison off the dribble and eliminate him from being a scoring threat because of his height advantage and speed.

As far as this being a slow grinder game, do you remember what Florida did to this slow grinding team in the national championship game two years ago?  Look for a repeat performance by Memphis and before you say it, this isn't the same Memphis team that UCLA beat in the tournament that year. 

There is no reason to argue, I will come on this board and gloat once Memphis waxes UCLA and their premadonna center on Saturday. 

Grateful Hog

I may never like UCLA again after the 95 championship.  Where is Toby Bailey now?  I'm pretty sure he set a record for points scored in a game for a freshmen (in the thournament). has that been broken or am I making all of this up? Anway.....

Not UCLA, not Memphis, not UNC,........ I guess Kansas?

StoernerJonesFan

Anyone but UNC...sick and tired of Tyler (Tebow) Hansbrough.

Darren DeLoach

the only way this could be a less liked bunch, would be if texas was in the final four--ugh.

memphis---no!!----thug u-----born and raised in tiger high country, and could not bare it if they won---

north carolina----ack!!----roy williams----elitists----but they are the faves in my mind.

ucla----yuck!!---1995!!---but they are not the prima donnas of the ucla's of yester year.

kansas---lukewarm----roy williams---but roy has been gone a while and it seems that coach self is a decent guy---so i guess if you put a gun to my head, i would take kansas. (holding my nose)
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

BigDrDon

You gonna look me dead in the eye,hold a straight face ,and swear to me,that the forward pass is legal?

JONAS

Since I live about 30 minutes outside of Memphis, I am going for the Tigers.  I used to listen to Razorback basketball games while watching Memphis games on TV.  Almost all of the Tiger games were televised in the 80s and 90s.

NuttinItUp

Kansas and Memphis neck and neck in the poll.

woooo_pig

NONE of the above, hate em all. That's what had me torn when Memphis played Texas, who to cheer for

hawgrunner

N HOG

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on March 31, 2008, 09:46:42 am
any hogfan rooting for mempho to win the national title must not want us to ever recruit Memphis, Tennessee ever again.

Surprisingly, only two of their players are from Memphis. Calipari has definitely gone national in his recruiting.

I never thought I would say this, but Calipari has kind of won me over. I love his comments and I love the way his team plays -- fearlessly and unselfishly. And Rose is unreal.

I'd like to see the Tigers win it all. Second choice would be Kansas. The other two -- NO.

Wildhog

Go UNC.  They're far and away the best team in the tournament, and it would make our beatdown a little more bearable.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Brass Knob

Quote from: N HOG on March 31, 2008, 09:46:22 pm
Surprisingly, only two of their players are from Memphis. Calipari has definitely gone national in his recruiting.

I never thought I would say this, but Calipari has kind of won me over. I love his comments and I love the way his team plays -- fearlessly and unselfishly. And Rose is unreal.

I'd like to see the Tigers win it all. Second choice would be Kansas. The other two -- NO.

I dont if anyone caught the interview Calipari had on Jim Rome..... I was already a fan of his, but i really gained a lot of respect for him after the interview..... Go tigers!

Ishnublah

I bet it will be a #1 seed winning it all...

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Ishnublah on April 01, 2008, 04:23:52 pm
I bet it will be a #1 seed winning it all...
I don't think you will find any takers for that bet, no matter what odds you give them. ;)

cosmodrum

If UNC wins over UCLA, I win my work bracket!
Go away, batin'

NuttinItUp

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2008, 04:47:43 pm
If UNC wins over UCLA, I win my work bracket!
And you will buy us a round of beers, right?

cosmodrum

Quote from: NuttinItUp on April 01, 2008, 04:53:23 pm
And you will buy us a round of beers, right?

First thing's first: getting the cheap bastages who submitted a bracket to pay their 5 bucks!
Go away, batin'

PorkSoda

Gotta go with Memphis, closest to home, and like another said, the rest are traditional power houses, and its always nice seeing them get beat
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

footballhog57

I'm going with North Carolina. I picked them in my bracket, and other than that, I don't care as long as UCLA doesn't win. I hate Love and Howland.