Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'He’s (Snead) better than what I’ve had the past few years'

Started by BigNasty, March 27, 2008, 12:17:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigNasty

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=12792&SPID=737&DB_OEM_ID=2600&ATCLID=1419934

'Nutt also praised the skills of quarterback Jevan Snead and his effort to grasp the new playbook.......'

'He can move. He's better than what I've had the past few years.'

Is this a jab at Mitch?

Wildhog

Quote from: BigNasty on March 27, 2008, 12:17:20 am
Is this a jab at Mitch?

If it is, it's not just Mitch.  I think it's more of a jab at Casey and RoJo, but possibly Mitch included.

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Sao Ming

Mitch?  Hell, all of them!  HIS recruits!

Just when I was letting it all slide past my consciousness...

BigNasty

Quote from: NWAREDBUG on March 27, 2008, 12:21:36 am
What playbook?
Ha!

Remember when DMAC was a freshman and we lost to Georgia by 3 or 4, and the UGA defensive players were saying 'Arkansas only ran 3-4 plays the whole game.'

Maybe Snead's learning those 3 plays...

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Not surprised.  I'm sure we can expect some more gem sound bytes from Dale.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

jgphillips3

Quote from: BigNasty on March 27, 2008, 12:23:22 am
Ha!

Remember when DMAC was a freshman and we lost to Georgia by 3 or 4, and the UGA defensive players were saying 'Arkansas only ran 3-4 plays the whole game.'

Ha, ha, ha...exactly.  When he said he's learning to grasp the playbook, maybe what he really meant is that he is learning the Nutt mindthink that a QB is a glorified ball handler to get the ball to a TB by a dramatically telegraphed handoff.

IronHog

Quote from: BigNasty on March 27, 2008, 12:23:22 am
Ha!

Playbook=hope M. Jones or DMac breaks a long one.

How many homerun hitters do you reckon OM has on the roster?
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Joe Davis (USS Razorback)

He better enjoy the QB talent while it is there.  The next recruit in will be a gifted hander-off-er.  A special player.  A lover of helmet.

regi

Nothing is Nutt's fault, remember that. This is his usual placement of blame for his failings.

rightdp

i don't think it was a shot at anyone.  i think he meant he is more mobile than what he has had the last couple of years.

but man, i could barely make myself read the whole article.  It's the same crap he would spew here.  i almost feel sorry for him.. I simply can't stand the guy.

Pig Power

Nutt is, well, a nutt.... Have to love all of his 4-5 word sentences though..

Side note- Snead can be pretty good, but we all know how QB's develop in the Nutt system....

Oliver

What he should have said is, "I've ruined better quarterbacks than Snead."

yraciv

Don't worry guys he might be better now, but Nutt said he had things to correct.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Dale's already on the defensive with a similar OC situation brewing that he had here.  And there he doesn't have a majority of the media in his hip pocket or a good ol' boy network.

This is going to be so wonderful to watch.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

JIHawg

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=12792&SPID=737&DB_OEM_ID=2600&ATCLID=1419934

'Nutt also praised the skills of quarterback Jevan Snead and his effort to grasp the new playbook.......'

'He can move. He's better than what I've had the past few years.'

Is this a jab at Mitch?

I remember a Mr. Jones and a Mr. Stoerner that were pretty good.

Hawgon

That is why that bastard is such a ****.  He can't just complement Snead, he has to run down others.  I'm sure Casey Dick feels real good after reading that. 

There boys, that is the kind of asshat you all loved and felt was wronged.

hoghogg

The funny thing is he is actually indicting his own recruiting "skills."  He "recruited" what he had here.  There he did not recruit Snead.  So for Nutt to say that Snead is better he is actually admitting what a horrible recruiter he is.  What an idiot (just example number 11,263 of such).

LM RZRBCK 29

By saying that he is jabbing at himself. He's the one who recruited those guys. It's his fault they didn't 'turn' out as good as he thought. His system is what run them into the ground. Lack of coaching and practice time will result in poor game play. We've seen it since Matt Jones left. MJ was not a "good" QB but he was a huge play waiting to happen. We haven't had that since then and have suffered because they wouldn't devote the time to teaching a QB or coaching the WR how to run routes and get off the line.
Quote from: NeverYield on April 15, 2011, 10:02:02 am
How do you know if you're done whiping?  Sniff the TP?

Quote from: OtterHog on April 15, 2011, 10:05:16 am
Its all about feel. It took years of training. Very rarely have I had to go back in for mop-up duty.

LM RZRBCK 29

Quote from: hoghogg on March 27, 2008, 12:43:16 am
The funny thing is he is actually indicting his own recruiting "skills."  He "recruited" what he had here.  There he did not recruit Snead.  So for Nutt to say that Snead is better he is actually admitting what a horrible recruiter he is.  What an idiot (just example number 11,263 of such).

You beat me to it. He recruited the "better than what i had bunch" so its his own dern fault. Have fun in Pississippi!!
Quote from: NeverYield on April 15, 2011, 10:02:02 am
How do you know if you're done whiping?  Sniff the TP?

Quote from: OtterHog on April 15, 2011, 10:05:16 am
Its all about feel. It took years of training. Very rarely have I had to go back in for mop-up duty.

BigNasty

Quote from: JIHawg on March 27, 2008, 12:40:00 am
Yeah, but I took it as more of a jab towards Mitch Mustain. 

He said 'few' years, likely meaning the last 2-3 years.  No discredit to Casey or RoJo, but I would expect Snead, who was a high recruit (one of the top HS QBs behind Mustain in 2005-06), to actually be better.

BigNasty

Quote from: L-MO on March 27, 2008, 12:47:31 am
By saying that he is jabbing at himself. He's the one who recruited those guys. It's his fault they didn't 'turn' out as good as he thought. His system is what run them into the ground. Lack of coaching and practice time will result in poor game play. We've seen it since Matt Jones left. MJ was not a "good" QB but he was a huge play waiting to happen. We haven't had that since then and have suffered because they wouldn't devote the time to teaching a QB or coaching the WR how to run routes and get off the line.
Yeah, exactly.  He's cutting himself down by saying that. 

I bet whenever he walked off after saying that, he thought to himself 'Yeah, I said it.  SNEAD is better than Mustain.'

EastMemphisHog

i bet that snead doesn't pan out at all. Hope he's practicing his handeroffing

Hawgz Fan

Quote from: Sao Ming on March 27, 2008, 12:20:23 am
Mitch?  Hell, all of them!  HIS recruits!

Just when I was letting it all slide past my consciousness...

Great point....Whoever the jab was at...He recruited them!! lol

RustyNuts

i can't wait to beat the sh@* out of ole miss next year. I hope we put up huge passing yards on his stupid ass. We will probably out rush there ass to. It wont be hard to stop his 3 plays.

TrojanHog

I think this comes down to TCTWF's inability to communicate.  I think he was trying to say that Snead is more mobile than what he has had the last few years, but the sentences are so bad and just come at you so fast, it really messes you up...

HOGINTENNESSEE

Isn't he just talking about Sneads running ability? Being better than what he has had.

Or did is miss read it.

Justifiable Hogicide

Nutt is a real tool.

He continues to amaze with his pettiness and stupidity.

Smokehouse

good to see he's going to continue to send the bus over here every once and a while to run some players over. Where would Hogville be without that bus.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

hog.goblin

Sivad

'Nutt also praised the skills of quarterback Jevan Snead.......'

'He’s better than what I’ve had the past few years.'

And Coach Petrino is a hell of lot "better than what we've had the past few years".

navyhog24

snead must be really good a coloring. nutt just handed him a coloring book and told him to learn it. lol. or they went out to eat and nutt wrote down his plays on a napkin and then told snead to learn them. lol

Moe wins

All that believe he is saying that this Qb of his fits the duel threat style better than the Arkansas QBs of the past few years need to remember Kodi Burns.

navyhog24

he'll might also move to tight end shortly after practice b/c he might not hand off as well as the other qb's

Baylor80Hog

Nutt surprises me... I didn't realize he knew he had any QBs.....
"All I have in this world is my word and my balls... And I don't break either one for anybody..."
                                               Tony Montana

"...oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.....
... So I figure I got that going for me..."
                                                Carl Spackler

bobbybouchet

If they could have only read the Nuttster's mind during the interview..."This kid might have NFL talent, if he's smart...he'll transfer to another school where that might become a reality. And who's the new lady reporter over there."

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: Hawgon on March 27, 2008, 12:40:43 am
That is why that bastard is such a smoker.  He can't just complement Snead, he has to run down others.  I'm sure Casey Dick feels real good after reading that. 

There boys, that is the kind of asshat you all loved and felt was wronged.

Exactly right on Casey Dick.  I'm sure now ol' Casey won't mind running it up a bit on Dale if the chance presents itself this fall, and I'm sure Bobby won't mind letting him.

Baconator

Just when you thought your dislike of Nuttless couldn't be stronger he spouts off drivel like this. The man is trash.

Fillmore Slim

"I'm really impressed with his fundamentals. There are some things we're going to correct"

Sounds about right.

Wooisme

Quote from: Fillmore Slim on March 27, 2008, 07:51:11 am
"I'm really impressed with his fundamentals. There are some things we're going to correct"

"I've called Bentonville and ordered the concrete blocks and "special" ladders.  They should be here by the end of the week."

Now...that sounds about right.   ;) 
HDN: DID LESS with MORE than any coach in Razorback History.

deshahawg

This guy never ceases to amaze me. I use to be a Nutt fan, but when all this went down and hearing things like this makes me wonder what in the world I was ever thinking.

DezNuttstehsuq

Quote from: Sivad on March 27, 2008, 02:20:41 am
And Coach Petrino is a hell of lot "better than what we've had the past few years".

Seriously... after a few wins I would love for Casey or whomever say, "man that was a great team effort, we had a better coaching staff than we've had the past few years so we were able to pull it out"

Instant Classic.

Even more so if they do it after the Ole Miss game.

Hollywood_HOGan45

'He can move. He’s better than what I’ve had the past few years.'

Is this a jab at Mitch?

such a classless fool.

never ceases to amaze me. He is a piece of trash. Why arkansas fans continued to support this piece of trash is beyond me.

deshahawg

Quote from: DezNuttstehsuq on March 27, 2008, 08:35:45 am
Seriously... after a few wins I would love for Casey or whomever say, "man that was a great team effort, we had a better coaching staff than we've had the past few years so we were able to pull it out"

Instant Classic.

If this happens I'll be rolling on the floor laughing.....Someone needs to let him know about this thread and about the idea that you had man.

Even more so if they do it after the Ole Miss game.

idochog

I think alot of people that were hardcore Nutt supporters are gonna soon feel like fools for supporting him when they watch his crap from afar.

Except for Sunshine and GRIT, those two have a lifetime attachment to Nutts A$$
I love Jesus!

The Boar War

Quote from: Sivad on March 27, 2008, 02:20:41 am

You've got to believe this is part of it.  The University of Arkansas didn't play the role of "being dumped" nearly as well as Houston imagined/hoped we would.

Now that we've gotten both a much better coach than him and a much better recruiting class than his he feels like he has to put the blame on someone else.  Typical Nutt.  Typical stupidity.

MJ2

I think MM was asked about Pete Carroll and he said "he's much better than my previous HC"......

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: JIHawg on March 27, 2008, 12:40:00 am
good lord please dont even start to bring up matt jones. Matt was a freak athlete that not even nuttjob could ruin.

Stoerner got developed by Joe Ferguson. Yes that man that was run off by nuttjob. Clint's skills were developed before nuttjob could get to him and ruin him.

please dont tell me you're taking up for nuttjob. not after all thats happened.

hogfanshan

Excerpts of this and future "Nuttisms" should become effective locker-room material to motivate Nutt's former players throughout the season...especially approaching the Ole Miss game...not that we need it now that we have a real coach.