Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAAT Alltel Section 211, Row 18 - 2 Middle Aged "MEN"

Started by FayettenamVeteran, March 26, 2008, 10:15:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

heathtits

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 26, 2008, 01:00:51 pm
The hooligan element in soccer has almost nothing to do with sport. It's about racism and poverty. They just use the soccer teams as identifiers and meeting spots.

Ha yeah, especially in Italy. You either play soccer, design fashion or pick up garbage. That's it. And if you pick up garbage, you get drunk on weekends and start breaking darn, using your soccer team as an excuse.

Master B

March 26, 2008, 01:06:38 pm #51 Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 01:09:06 pm by Master B
I need some more info, is your woman friend hot?

hogsanity

The hooligan element in soccer has almost nothing to do with sport. It's about racism and poverty. They just use the soccer teams as identifiers and meeting spots.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...............................................
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GoHogs#1

Probably the same Freaking idiot that pushed down that girl @ the Little Rock Football game last year.
Go Hogs

AckaBacka

As much as I dislike the longhorns and will boo their team when we play them, I don't see the point in being dicks to their fans.  They love their team just like we love ours.  I think that having a "bitter" rivalry with a team makes the games more fun, but if you can't keep yourselves from being a-holes to their fans, especially the women and children, then you have a problem. 

Wildhog

Those are two razorback fans I can live without.  Actually I'm not gonna call them razorback fans.  That demeans the rest of us. 

I agree with the lot of you that think this is reprehensible and it doesn't matter where you're at.  I don't care what sporting event is going on.  I don't care who we're playing or what they've said about us.  I've always been tought and followed the rule of being kind and courteous to women and children. Period.  Hell, I thought that's something we were kind of famous for in the south.

And BTW, I doubt that 11 year old girl said anything about any of us sleeping with our sisters.  Just a hunch.

These two "men" should get their a$$es whipped.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgz4Life

But is it still not using the guise of sports to display abhorrent behavior, just as our two attendees at Alltel did? I can't stand Texas..but I'm not going to be verbally abusive to my friend's daughter (or any stranger) for wearing Longhorns garb when I see her.

MJ4H

I believe there is a place for this thread.  Behavior like this needs to be called out, and more people should know that a vast majority of people do not condone behavior such as this.  I wouldn't be surprised if you asked the guy that said that to the girl, he would think most Razorback fans would do the same.  Sadly, some people need a little help in learning to behave in a civilized society. 

tbhogfan

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on March 26, 2008, 10:15:03 am

So on Friday when my friend and daughter are getting ready to leave, one of these guys leans over to the little girl and tells her, "Ya'll and Texas can just go to Hell.".  "Why don't ya'll just go back to Texas."  When they didn't say anything and walked off, the guy tossed a magazine in their general direction and garbled something else.  This lady and her young daughter didn't provoke this treatment. 

These people are not "men" because a "man" would NEVER talk that way to an 11-year-old girl.  It is one thing to have a good natured rivalry with another school, and quite another to stoop to such behavior.  I am ashamed for them because I am quite sure that they are not intelligent to feel ashamed for themselves.
Go Hogs!

hogtusk

My friend ( who is a woman ) and her daughter ( 11 years old ) attended the NCAAT here at Alltel last weekend.  They sat in Section 211, Row 18, Seats 5 & 6.  My friend and her family are from Arkansas, live in Arkansas.  However, they like the Texas Longhorns as their family is from Texas, lives in Texas, etc.

While at the games on Friday, there were 2 middle aged men sitting next to them in seats 1 & 2.  Plaid shirts, khaki pants, ring on the finger, so apparently married men which would make me guess that maybe they had children being that age...I could be wrong.

So on Friday when my friend and daughter are getting ready to leave, one of these guys leans over to the little girl and tells her, "Ya'll and Texas can just go to Hell.".  "Why don't ya'll just go back to Texas."  When they didn't say anything and walked off, the guy tossed a magazine in their general direction and garbled something else.  This lady and her young daughter didn't provoke this treatment. 

If you were one of these guys and are reading this, you are sick and pathetic.  A punk and a candy ass.  A poor representation of a man and an Arkansan.  You represent the little ole Arkansas complex and why this state lags behind many others in many things. 

It's fine to boo, it's fine to boo and hate on Texas.  But to do that to a little girl and her mother when they haven't a man with them is just wrong and sick. 

I hope that whomever the jackassed Arkansans are that did this read this post.   
You didn't mention how you knew the "idiots" were from Arkansas, I saw a number of fans from other schools at the tourney.
Harassing women and children crosses the line, however I can remember yelling at some Longhorn players and coaches over the years.(I don't think they felt theatened):)
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

OTTER

It is a shame that reguardless of where you go, there are some knuckle dragging goobers who have no idea of how they should act in public.  Their momma's must be extremely proud of them.  What jerks!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

junkyardhog

what's great about Arkansas is how animated most can get about their hatred of some other sports team but not show that same passion towards  hating the poverty, educational issues,etc... in the state. that's why we fall behind we spend a 1000 times as much on a HS football field than a library and then wonder why two guys act like this.
Mike Williams
'UA 03

Have had the handle junkyardhog since 2002(WP)

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: junkyardhog on March 26, 2008, 03:22:03 pm
what's great about Arkansas is how animated most can get about their hatred of some other sports team but not show that same passion towards  hating the poverty, educational issues,etc... in the state. that's why we fall behind we spend a 1000 times as much on a HS football field than a library and then wonder why two guys act like this.

Nail hit on head.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hogsnort

That is just SORRY! People like that should be banned from attending any event like that. Makes a good case for using a breathalyzer to get in.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Trav34 on March 26, 2008, 03:35:49 pm
To be honest, I have trouble believing that any of this is true.

What do you find unbelievable?
Go away, batin'

Hogsnort

March 26, 2008, 03:53:32 pm #65 Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 03:55:32 pm by Hogsnort
Sounds like a typical "too drunk" scenerio.

John Futrall

Quote from: junkyardhog on March 26, 2008, 03:22:03 pm

Outstanding post..  +1

Special Delivery Jones

Quote from: Trav34 on March 26, 2008, 03:35:49 pm
To be honest, I have trouble believing that any of this is true.

So you believe the people relaying the story to be liars?  It is very easy to believe.  Lots of people are capable to some pretty sorry behavior.  Nothing that I hear suprises me any longer.

razorrog1

March 26, 2008, 04:26:02 pm #68 Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 04:43:19 pm by razorrog1
Does this really go on that often?  Is it worse at Arkansas than it is at Texas or anywhere else for that matter.  It doesn't have anything to do with Arkansas having an inferiority complex because this sort of person exists at Arkansas, Texas, OU, and every other university in America. These are the same guys that go nuts with road rage, get tossed out of little league games, beat up jr. high refs, abuse their wives, girlfriends, and children or hide behind a computer while bashing the rest of the world (check out comments on any Youtube post).  I still think the majority of folks out there are good decent people just enthusiastically supporting their team.  I would bet anything that the "fans" that said that to a little girl has been in trouble somewhere.  I just don't want a broad stroke painted on a fan base because of a few people that need a "good ole country a** whoopin".

razorrog1

March 26, 2008, 04:29:45 pm #69 Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 04:36:01 pm by razorrog1
Quote from: razorrog1 on March 26, 2008, 04:26:02 pm
Does this really go on that often?  Is it worse at Arkansas than it is at Texas or anywhere else for that matter.  It doesn't have anything to do with Arkansas having an inferiority complex because this sort of person exists at Arkansas, Texas, OU, and every other university in America. These are the same guys that go nuts with road rage, get tossed out of little league games, beat up jr. high refs, abuse their wives, girlfriends, and children or hide behind a computer while bashing the rest of the world (check out comments on any Youtube post).  I still think the majority of folks out there are good decent people just enthusiastically supporting their team.  I would bet anything that the "fans" that said that to a little girl has been in trouble somewhere.  I just don't want a broad stroke painted on a fan base because of a few people that need a "good ole country a** whoopin".

I thought I would see if this happens anywhere else.
http://www.faniq.com/blog/Texas-Longhorns-Oklahoma-Sooners-Rivalry-Moves-Straight-to-the-Top-Fan-Nearly-Loses-Scrotum-Blog-3909
http://www.fanblogs.com/west_virginia/006873.php
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/10/sports/football/10gate.html?ex=1354942800&en=c131d12db93dc698&ei=5089&partner=rssyahoo&emc=rss

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

stlouiesooie

Had I witnessed the event I would have gladly reported them to security.

ICEman

Where is the proof that these two deleterious individuals were from Arkansas?  Other states were represented at the Regional.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

H&D

March 26, 2008, 05:04:42 pm #73 Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 05:07:10 pm by HawgsandDawgs
Quote from: Trav34 on March 26, 2008, 04:47:42 pm
I have trouble believing that anybody would talk to a child this way and yes I dont believe this is to be true.

If you have trouble believing that someone would talk to a child like that then you don't get out much.

I have umpired little league baseball and coached little league basketball I've have heard much worse come from parents mouths both directed at their own child and children from the opposing team.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

razorrog1

Quote from: HawgsandDawgs on March 26, 2008, 05:04:42 pm
If you have trouble believing that someone would talk to a child like that then you don't get out much.

I have umpired little league baseball and coached little league basketball I've have heard much worse come from parents mouths both directed at their own child and children from the opposing team.

I coach girls fastpitch softball, and I can back you up on that one.  Vicarious living is alive and well in the little league community!
I have no doubt as to where kids learn disrespect. That's why I have no doubts that the incident that started this thread happened.

El Puerco

I was at the movies last weekend - UA Breckenridge, Row 22F - and saw "Definitely, Maybe" because my wife said we had to and I'm a wuss.  There was a stocky white guy, bushy beard, tan trousers and a maroon button-down shirt in the second to last row who talked ALL MOVIE LONG and his cell phone rang twice and he even ANSWERED THE DAMN PHONE!
Fat white "MAN," you know who you are and I HATE YOUR GUTS.  I hope you are reading this because I wish you would get hit by a bus, you jerkface.

cosmodrum

Quote from: El Puerco on March 26, 2008, 05:25:11 pm
I was at the movies last weekend - UA Breckenridge and saw "Definitely, Maybe" because my wife said we had to and I'm a wuss.  There was a stocky white guy, bushy beard, tan trousers and a maroon button-down shirt in the second to last row who talked ALL MOVIE LONG and his cell phone rang twice and he even ANSWERED THE DAMN PHONE!
Fat white guy, you know who you are and I HATE YOUR GUTS.  I hope you are reading this because I wish you would get hit by a bus, you jerkface.

I'm a fat white guy, and reading this!

Seriously, I can't stand people like that. No awareness, and absolutely no consideration for anyone but themselves. He probably the kind of d***weed that cuts in line and nudges people out of the way at a Chinese buffet, and goes to Walmart on the weekends with the family only to stand in the middle of the isle and pay no attention to the line of people on either side of them.

Southern hospitality, my butt.
Go away, batin'

El Puerco

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 26, 2008, 05:29:08 pm
I'm a fat white guy, and reading this!

Seriously, I can't stand people like that. No awareness, and absolutely no consideration for anyone but themselves. He probably the kind of d***weed that cuts in line and nudges people out of the way at a Chinese buffet, and goes to Walmart on the weekends with the family only to stand in the middle of the isle and pay no attention to the line of people on either side of them.

Southern hospitality, my butt.

Cutting in line at the Chinese Buffet is considered rude?  Woops.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

FayettenamVeteran

I have trouble believing that anybody would talk to a child this way and yes I dont believe this is to be true.

I guess you have trouble believing that there are pedophiles and child murderers as well.  I mean who would ever think of talking this way to a child, much less commit a heinous act. 

FelixJonesorDMAC?

So I guess you also don't believe Child Molestation happens.  If someone can rape a child, someone can definately talk $h!t to a child.  Why even offer your two cents if it ain't even worth a penny.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on March 26, 2008, 05:40:15 pm
I guess you have trouble believing that there are pedophiles and child murderers as well.  I mean who would ever think of talking this way to a child, much less commit a heinous act. 

I guess we were thinking on the same lines.

H&D

Quote from: FelixJonesorDMAC? on March 26, 2008, 05:43:04 pm
I guess we were thinking on the same lines.

Hey you guy's back off I called him out first..... >:(
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

HedgeDweller

My friend ( who is a woman ) and her daughter ( 11 years old ) attended the NCAAT here at Alltel last weekend.  They sat in Section 211, Row 18, Seats 5 & 6.  My friend and her family are from Arkansas, live in Arkansas.  However, they like the Texas Longhorns as their family is from Texas, lives in Texas, etc.

While at the games on Friday, there were 2 middle aged men sitting next to them in seats 1 & 2.  Plaid shirts, khaki pants, ring on the finger, so apparently married men which would make me guess that maybe they had children being that age...I could be wrong.

If you were one of these guys and are reading this, you are sick and pathetic.  A punk and a candy ass.  A poor representation of a man and an Arkansan.  You represent the little ole Arkansas complex and why this state lags behind many others in many things. 

It's fine to boo, it's fine to boo and hate on Texas.  But to do that to a little girl and her mother when they haven't a man with them is just wrong and sick. 

I hope that whomever the jackassed Arkansans are that did this read this post.   

Hey!  Those sound like the dudes that flew a banner at football games!

hog.goblin

Quote from: hogsanity on March 26, 2008, 10:57:00 am
NO, this thread is about how 2 arkansas "fans" treated a woman and her daughter.  Of course, all of the booing and stuff directed at Texas was just good "fun".  I know I tell little kids to go to hell all of the time, but I am just joking with them. 

If you cant get the point of this thread, then you are part of the problem.

This has nothing to do with Texas or your desire for some of us to forget about Texas.  This has to do with two idiots who made a fool of themselves.  If it hadn't been a Texas game I am sure they would have found another way to accomplish the same feat.

The Boar War

Quote from: not ray on March 26, 2008, 11:06:32 am
Just how does one determine the silly level of this thread? 

By the combined number of posts by Bigdeal and FBPLAYER65. 

Whataboar™

This clown isn't a man, he's a punk kid masquerading as a man.
Too bad I didn't witness this happen, I'd have had some serious words with this guy, especially since he said it to a little girl.
Chaps my rear just to think about it.
People never cease to amaze me, though, with how stupid they can act.
Our apologies for their actions.
"Daddy. When you and mommy first met, did you love yourself first or did mommy love you first?'' _ our then 7-year-old daughter.

junkyardhog

fayettenam doesn't seem like the type to make up a bogus story. but if you don't believe it thats your freedom
Mike Williams
'UA 03

Have had the handle junkyardhog since 2002(WP)

Special Delivery Jones

This whole story is very easy to believe.  First why in the world would someone make up such a lie?  Really a lot hard to believe someone would actually take the time concoct a false story such as this.

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: Trav34 on March 26, 2008, 07:51:36 pm
I also forgot about them throwing something at the child in front of thousands of people.
Sorry guys get mad  and say whatever I'm just having trouble believing this.

It happened.  People are morons, these guys in particular are.  I posted this in hopes they would read it, respond, get hammered by the masses in a neverending thread. 

Wayne Watson

I did not see this but have seen it happen at soccer games as well as other sporting events.  Believe what you want but if FayettenamVeteran said it happened, it happened.  You should get out more often and observe the humans around you.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

HoopS

Yeah, I'm going to have to vouch for FayVet......he wouldn't make this stuff up. 

ThunderHog

March 26, 2008, 09:52:19 pm #92 Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 09:54:01 pm by ThunderHog
Texas...can we please be your rival?  Really, this whole obsession with Texas has become embarrassing.  There is a new generation out there that does not care about a rivalry from the last generation that no longer exists.

The stunt that this idiot pulled in front of a young girl makes me .... :puke:

Fun_Hoggin

Fayettenam,

Hey I witnessed this myself my sales partner and I were about 2 rows above your friend and her daughter and heard what they said.  Just so you know we commented to the guys about what they said and they told us to "kiss their a$$" but unfortuantely for themthey did it before they turned around and saw us.  My partner is about 240 and no fat..me Im a little bigger than him but got a little more fat on me.  We walked down and talked to them and eventually because my friend knows the manager at Alltel had these 2 gentleman escourted from the building.  I wanted to catch up to the lady and apologize for their behavior but lost them in the crowd.  Please let your friend know that these guys didnt enjoy any more of the tournament.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

razorrog1

Quote from: Fun_Hoggin on March 26, 2008, 09:56:08 pm
Fayettenam,

Hey I witnessed this myself my sales partner and I were about 2 rows above your friend and her daughter and heard what they said.  Just so you know we commented to the guys about what they said and they told us to "kiss their a$$" but unfortuantely for themthey did it before they turned around and saw us.  My partner is about 240 and no fat..me Im a little bigger than him but got a little more fat on me.  We walked down and talked to them and eventually because my friend knows the manager at Alltel had these 2 gentleman escourted from the building.  I wanted to catch up to the lady and apologize for their behavior but lost them in the crowd.  Please let your friend know that these guys didnt enjoy any more of the tournament.
+1

Sao Ming

Quote from: ThunderHog on March 26, 2008, 09:52:19 pm
Texas...can we please be your rival?  Really, this whole obsession with Texas has become embarrassing.  There is a new generation out there that does not care about a rivalry from the last generation that no longer exists.

The stunt that this idiot pulled in front of a young girl makes me .... :puke:

Sucks for you.  Should've been born earlier partnah.  Many of you have missed a lot.  Many of us will never forget or forgive much of what we got to experience.

Oklahawg

Fayettenam,

Nice.

Since most cell phones can take pics or record video, I guess I need to learn the craft. I witness things every now and then and feel compelled to act, but often fail to. This is reason to act.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

FayettenamVeteran

Fayettenam,

No kidding?!  I knew if I posted it here that those guys would read it or someone would read it who maybe saw / heard this. 

Do you remember what the woman / daughter were wearing or what they looked like?