Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Other teams you like besides Arkansas?

Started by bugo, March 20, 2008, 02:36:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stronguard

Henderson State Reddies are my #2 team

In games that actually matter to the majority of us in football I cheer for the U, in basketball I root for UK.

If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

AngryKhalil

Clemson. I've got family there and its the only other school I applied to before I decided on coming to Fayetteville. Love their football team, Howard's rock and running down the hill is the next best thing to running through the A in college football.

I also pull for Oregon when they play. They're just fun to watch and they will occasionally take it to USC-West.
Supporting: Texas Rangers, Seattle Seahawks, Memphis Grizzlies, and The Razorbacks.

HogGod

Pretty happy with Ole Piss right now for taking TCTWF off our hands.

gomer snerd

Quote from: bugo on March 20, 2008, 02:36:25 pm
What teams besides Arkansas do you like?  I personally dislike every team in D1 football except the Razorbacks because I see them as an obstacle between us and a NC.  However, I do kinda like ULM right now because they beat the Tide, and there isn't a funnier phrase than "Alabama lost to ULM" in the entire English language.  And I do like whoever is playing Texas, Notre Dame, USC, and Oklahoma for that one day.
Has a special ring to it. Much like "Arkansas lost to the Citadel".

bao187

I said earlier that i don't root for anyone but Arkansas in football but i have to change that, If i can find them on TV i will root on Stanford and I think that has to do with Walsh being a former coach
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

batesvillepharmer

I used to like florida when spurrier was there just because he needled fat a$$ phil so much- now not so much.

Banx32

I dont like tulsa but i like watching gusses offense! wish i could watch the hogs and 'his' system at the same time!...
Rad Morris

jonesark™

Quote from: Nutts and Bolts on March 20, 2008, 04:36:42 pm
Whoever is playing Texas

amen, I said that to my dad just the other day. He was talking about pulling for texas in the rose bowl a few years back, and I said I had to be a USC fan that day!!

IZAHOG

Michigan..."Go Blue' and "Go Hogs" always

losthawg68

App. St. for embarrassing meeshigun the way they did
Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

FG560

The Colorado Buffaloes and the Montana Grizzlies.

Bigfoot

I have no other team that i like in college sports other than ARKANSAS! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

GrantWalker

Always liked Texas because I have so much family down there.  My relatives down there root for us, too.

Hogs_fan_for_life

Football I like Florida State as my No. 2 and pull for anyone playing Texas, Tenn, OK, LSWHO, and Notre Dame

Basketball I pull for anyone playing Kentucky, Duke, UNC, or Tenn

NuttinItUp

Texas A&M - They have more tradition than anyone else and are a good program all around.

oldhawg

StoernerJonesFan

1. Arkansas

2. (I know I'm going to get smited for this)
Ohio State - 1/2 of my family is from there/graduated there.

3. Anyone who beats/plays Les Miles and LSWho

4. Anyone who sacks/beats Tim Tebow

DeltaBoy

Hogs
Navy  Grandpa was a 25 year Navy man
Texas A&M Wifes family
Texas Tech Wifes family
North Texas Wife an Alumi
TCU  the tickets are cheap the drive is short and I got to see  LT running wild. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Rooka

Arkansas State Red Wolves
UCA Purple Bears
Florida Gators (but mainly SEC schools if we arent playing them but Florida has always been one of my favorites in the SEC.)

PennHOG

1.  Hogs
2.  LA Tech (Alma Mater)
3.  Penn St. (It's rubbed off here in PA)
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

MS Razorback

1. Arkansas
2. Texas A&M
3. Mizzou (or really more of a fan of Chase Daniel)
4. The Underdogs
5. The Service Academies

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

Bacon The Saddle Again

Whoever is playing Texas

Henderson State (alum)

Whoever plays OBU

El Dogg Hog

March 25, 2008, 01:32:29 pm #74 Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 01:36:41 pm by El Dogg Hog
1. Arkansas - will always be #1
2. Louisiana Tech - Aviation Alum from there but I'v never kept up with them
3. Anyone playing LSU.

UhOhioHog

1. Arkansas
2. UCLA (Their hospital saved my Dad's life and they gave the Cowboys Troy Aikman)
3. Navy (Dad was on a Destroyer in WWII)

wildcathog

hogtheball

Duke, Gonzaga, and the Fightin' Tigers of Ouachita Baptist University.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Banx32

in basketball i like arkansas! and i also root for purdue and uconn... and in football the hogs and im starting to root for miami & florida state lil bit... I HATE ALABAMA AND FLORIDA THOUGH!
Rad Morris

LZH

SEC Baby.  I always pull for an SEC team when it's an OOC game.  And...

I laugh aloud when Notre Dame loses.  I also don't like...
The Big Ten
Most of the Big12
and Left Coast teams and Rust Belt mid-majors for whom ESPN seems to drool

Oregon's uniforms are reason enough to hate them
I still can't believe the Big East has football
I am sick of Duke basketball
and I really don't have this I Hate Texas thing most people still do...I just don't care anymore.

hawgfandude

Quote from: bigyellowdog on March 20, 2008, 04:53:10 pm
Whoever is playing Texass or Tennessee.

Don't forget the other orange team - Miami

PeytonManningSUCKS

March 25, 2008, 05:27:09 pm #81 Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 09:48:14 am by RanSolo
Ok State, Dad played ball there in '62 (both ways... nose guard and OG at 6 2' 215), I grew up watching the Pokes and the Hogs (thanks to the Felkers for taking me to those barnhill games.). 

calhawgfan

Hogs #1  :razorback:
2 - UCLA (Alum)
3 - Michigan State (Attended classes there & Uncle played FB there)
4 - Notre Dame (two cousins play FB & BB there (Sharpley bros) but I've always been a fan)
5 - ANY school that beats USC West, OU, Texa$$, Michigan or Ohio State

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

LSPRazorbac

Really none.  I love college football, but don't really like any other teams besides Arkansas.

I also find myself disliking ASU more and more due to them whinning about not playing the Hogs.

deshahawg

I'm an arkansas only kinda guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 25, 2008, 04:55:21 pm
SEC Baby.  I always pull for an SEC team when it's an OOC game.  And...

I laugh aloud when Notre Dame loses.  I also don't like...
The Big Ten
Most of the Big12
and Left Coast teams and Rust Belt mid-majors for whom ESPN seems to drool

Oregon's uniforms are reason enough to hate them
I still can't believe the Big East has football
I am sick of Duke basketball
and I really don't have this I Hate Texas thing most people still do...I just don't care anymore.

I don't always root for the SEC in OOC games.  If there is a team that I feel we may be in competition with for a bowl spot, I find myself rooting against them.  I figured Arkansas and Auburn would have comparable records at the end of the season, so I was kinda pulling for USF in that upset.

mhsbc59

You Shall have no other team besides the Hogs!!!!!!!!
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: mhsbc59 on March 26, 2008, 01:10:34 pm
You Shall have no other team besides the Hogs!!!!!!!!

Pulling my alma mater, HSU, isn't like cheating on your girlfriend when I root for the Reddies. It's like a totally different league.  They never play and they never compete for the same titles, championships, etc.  It's like the NFL, D-I, and then D-II.  I guess the division 1 "championship division" is somewhere in there, but I don't really have a dog in that fight.

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

razorbackmkh

I have family that plays for Georgia. So as long as we're not playing Georgia, that's my second team. Plus, Mark Richt is a great coach and a great man.
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

HighcountryHog

no bumps, no fat chicks

reddogjcss

Anyone playing Texas; All SEC teams playing outside the league; LSU except when they play the Hawgs; I just love to kick there Butttttssss when they are doing good!!!!!!!!!!!

hog.goblin

Love the Hogs.
Will root for any team playing against Texas.
And suddenly find my self rooting for Miss St so long as they are behind us in the standings.

lovethosehogs

i like arkansas first and then oklahoma. I live in silaom springs a lot of coverage from the sooners in that town.  Plus i like watching them whip texass every year.

HogFanInBigD

Callin Woo Pig From Big D!

Cassperr

football I like florida state a lot, just cause I wanted to go there when I was younger and I like TarHeel bball, always have liked them, seen them on tv one year when I was like 8 and liked there colors so I root for them.. needless to say, I rooted against this past weekend
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

El Dogg Hog

memphishog

i have a whole branch of my family that live in south louisiana and we all rotate traveling to red stick or little rock every other year. that is such a fun week for me that i find it hard not to root for LSU every saturday aside for that one, and my family the same way about the hogs. I wish that game was for the SEC west championship every year.

The_Iceman

Penn State

Florida State

Michigan- i just like their helmets