Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Other teams you like besides Arkansas?

Started by bugo, March 20, 2008, 02:36:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

trashcan maN

I always liked watching Lloyd Carr's teams suit up and play(except when they played AR), but I'm afraid now that RR is in town I'm gonna have to find another team to root for during AR's bye week.

pigz

You guys have a good time frig dancing

neahogfan180

All Sports:

All Arkansas Schools
Florida
North Carolina
Purdue
Whoever is playing Texas, Tennessee and Alabama (worst fans I have ever come across)

Darren DeLoach

pigs only, here.

i do find myself rooting for sec schools when they play the other bcs teams.

because in the long run, it helps out the hogs.

but i loved watching saban go down to a sun belt squad. :)
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

itsonlyagame

The academies, unamerican not to root for these guys. Hated the year we played Air Force in Little Rock.

PS. Highcount_hog
     Love the AllBlacks!

razorback327

Kansas State
Michigan
then it's whoever is playing Nebraska, Notre Dame and USC

Col.Mccoy

We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union. - Lone Watie

Doggtown31LCC

Football : Texas Tech, Ok St.,
Basketball: Ok St., Xavier, Gonzaga,
L. Courtney Click
Winthrop Wolves #1
Superman wears Joe Adams pajamas

Hog5150

Tennessee Volunteers.

GO BIG ORANGE!!

I also like to watch the Oregon Ducks to see what new uniform they're wearing.

hoglady

LSU - Geaux Tigers !!
except when they play the Hogs.

Basketball - UALR and whoever Eddie Sutton is coaching.

PS - Hate Hate Hate all Big 10 schools
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Quote from: El Dogg Hog on April 01, 2008, 07:40:57 am
I agree. No true Hog fan could pull for LSU or Texas. :)

You could if you were a lifelong Hog and LSU fan growing up in Louisiana.
Back then they weren't in the same conference and rarely played each other.
I agree about Texas, though.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Brownie Tuggle

Quote from: U.S.S. Razorback on March 21, 2008, 03:05:50 am
Navy.

"Stand, Navy, out to sea, Fight our battle cry;
We'll never change our course, So vicious foe steer shy-y-y-y.
Roll out the TNT, Anchors Aweigh. Sail on to victory
And sink their bones to Davy Jones, hooray!"

Navy and Florida State. I've always liked Bobby Bowden.

anchors aweigh my boys, anchors aweigh. Fairwell to College joys, we sail at break of day- y- y
until last night ashore drink to the foam! until we meet again here's wishing you a happy voyage home!!!!!!!!!

Desperate Hog

Notre Dame as I was born and lived the first 8 years of my life in northern Indiana.  Also used to like IU in basketball until they canned knight.  And used to root for OSU in basketbal cuz of Eddie Sutton. 

And lastly whoever is playing Texas, USC, Oregon and Florida in football and whoever is playing Tennessee and Arizona in basketball.
"I've got dozens of friends and the fun never ends that is as long as I'm buying"-Tommy Shaw

dawginar

Quote from: Col.Mccoy on April 01, 2008, 04:40:47 pm
Any team I have money on.

not the team..just the points and the

OAKLAND RAIDERS

DrSwineESQ

I am a fan of Arkansas, and only Arkansas.  While I don't cheer for their opponents, per se, I do cheer against Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, USC (cali), A&M, Miami, Penn State, and Notre Dame.   :D 

Zero Tolerance

I consider myself a "big-time" college football fan and there's several teams I like besides the Hogs of course.

Probably my other avid teams I follow are Oklahoma, LSU, Notre Dame, Illinois, Mississippi State, Arizona, Tulsa, Kansas State, Georgia Tech, Louisiana Tech. I also like Kansas because I saw their starting tight end from last season play in high school and I know him real well.

Teams I hate: Texas, Tennessee, USC, Alabama (with Saban), Florida (though I liked them when Spurrier was the coach), Missouri, Nebraska, Oregon, Miami, Ohio State, Arizona State, West Virginia, Texas A&M (except when they play Texas). Oh yeah, I also added Ole Miss to that list; I don't know why. ???
Jeff Long + John Pelphrey + Bobby Petrino = The dawning of a glorious new era in Arkansas sports

The Great Hambino

Hogs.
Rammer Jammerers.
The U.

And I root for SEC in OOC games.  And I root for higher ranked SEC team against each other until they play us, unless of course they dont play us, in which case I root for the other SEC team so maybe they will be ranked by the time they play us.

NuttinItUp

Texas A&M Aggies just based on tradition.