Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Other teams you like besides Arkansas?

Started by bugo, March 20, 2008, 02:36:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

What teams besides Arkansas do you like?  I personally dislike every team in D1 football except the Razorbacks because I see them as an obstacle between us and a NC.  However, I do kinda like ULM right now because they beat the Tide, and there isn't a funnier phrase than "Alabama lost to ULM" in the entire English language.  And I do like whoever is playing Texas, Notre Dame, USC, and Oklahoma for that one day.

David†

K-State is my other D1 football team. Hence the name purplehog

fdx flyer

Nutts and Bolts

A new era has begun in Fayetteville

grayhawg

PorkSoda

I root for the SEC when they are playing OOC, other than that, I root for the underdog as I like to see big names topple from the rankings.  In Conference I root against whoever is ranked hired than us in the division standings.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

bigyellowdog

Whoever is playing Texass or Tennessee.

Yoko Oinko

Army and whoever is playing Notre Dame. 
"Every time Pam Anderson and Paul McCartney go on a PETA crusade i am going to kill ten of something." - Ted Nugent

PigWig

WindyCityHog

Wisconsin.

Camp Randall is a place to go for every college football fan.

hoggystyle78

March 20, 2008, 05:26:56 pm #11 Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 05:52:17 pm by hoggystyle78
Arkansas is without a doubt my first love in D1 college athletics, but I do follow Michigan casually. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Maize and Blue fans and their lowlife coach, Rich Rodriguez for sending us Ryan Mallett. I think it's hilarious that Terelle Pryor shafted Rodriguez for Ohio State, that's gotta sting!

bao187

D1 Football I can't think of anyone besides Arkansas, but in Basketball i will root for North Carolina if Arkansas is not in the tourney
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Hogs4Ever

I generally like to root for the underdog in a game I'm watching not involving the Hogs.  Really don't follow another team.

John Futrall

DoubleJ

Quote from: bao187 on March 20, 2008, 05:28:32 pm
D1 Football I can't think of anyone besides Arkansas, but in Basketball i will root for North Carolina if Arkansas is not in the tourney

I'm totally with you.  I think I started liking North Carolina's basketball team simply because of my hatred for Duke.

idiotghos

I've found myself rooting a lot for Georgia Tech lately, for whatever reason.

AirForceHog

Of course my first love will always be the Razorbacks however in football I root for the Air Force Academy. In basketball I pull for Duke only because I married into a UNC family.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

REALTOR Hog

Georgetown, Louisville, and Michigan State... I like them three teams
- GO HOGS -

farhan

Besides Arkansas, i like the Miami Heat as my other D1 School

Nap

Arkansas is where I attended college, so it will always be my #1 school.  But I grew up near Seattle, so I've always followed the University of Washington since I was a kid and went to some of their games back in the late 70's and early 80's.  Those two teams are always my dynasties in NCAA every year!
I still can't believe that Fuzzy's is gone...

Sao Ming

SMU

Scores of UMYF road trips to see SMU play as a kid.  Just one of those deals.

Hogs first, no one second, SMU third.

CountryBoar

i've always kinda liked the wyoming cowboys. their brown unis are unique and i don't really consider them an obstacle in recruiting. in fact, the last couple of years, i was so fed up with hootie i invested in some wyoming gear and changed my wallpaper to a shot of some cowgirls.

Shizzle

Kansas Jayhawks I like "Big Mark Mangino"

Michigan because they sometimes beat Notre Dame and Ohio State and I hate both those teams
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

BigDave70

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

gohogsgo006

#1 Hogs...ALWAYS

#2 Notre Dame...I have like them ever since I saw Rudy when I was like 7 years old and new nothing about football. Also because of the Catholic connection.
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

HangTenHog

Arkansas complete #1

But, I also like Hawaii & SDSU

Bryan (CHF)

Arkansas by far is my #1.

For the most part, I will cheer for the SEC in their OOC games.

I also have liked Oregon, West Virginia, North Carolina & the service academies.
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

mj4president

Arkansas. I lose sleep if we lose. I don't for any other teams. I cheer for Auburn some when it doesn't affect us in a negative way b/c I have a good friend who plays for them
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Joe Davis (USS Razorback)

Navy.

"Stand, Navy, out to sea, Fight our battle cry;
We'll never change our course, So vicious foe steer shy-y-y-y.
Roll out the TNT, Anchors Aweigh. Sail on to victory
And sink their bones to Davy Jones, hooray!"

usnavyhogfan

The dream is free, the journey is not.

Junkyard Hog

Arkansas and any team I place a wager on.

hoosier

Growing up in Indiana I became a Notre Dame football fan and an IU b-ball fan. I also like to see Purdue do well. But nothing will come between me and the HOGS. Also anyone that beats Kentucky.

braxhog

I really donh't like anyone but the Hogs. I can't make even make myself root for conference teams, especially if they beat us.

EastexHawg

Hogs first, Nebraska second...at least in football.

In basketball, I couldn't care less.  It's Arkansas and no one else.

I don't necessarily root for other SEC teams.  I figure if one of them wins a national championship it will just give them a recruiting advantage. 

Bama Hog™

Texas A&M. My best friend is an Aggie Grad. I am glad we have them back on the schedule. I am sure this will be an annual bet for us.

And I cheer for the other SEC teams when playing out of conference except for Tennessee (ever) or Kentucky (in Basketball). Just cannot root for them.

Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

irishman

Notre Dame or any of our SEC kin if it doesn't affect the hogs

SpringTxHOG

U-Dub - really cool setting.
&
Texas - I know...I know...this is not supposed to be.

I really enjoy both Seattle and Austin.

heavyhog

Ive always been an FSU fan.(Florida, not Fresno)
I have always liked USC(but dont want people to think I have jumped on it because of Mitch and Williams)
Navy-I love watching a team with lesser athletes do well running a true triple option attack.

Anyone who is playing OU, Texas, or ND

cyboar

Tulsa and the other Oklahoma teams.
Keep getting hopes up that Arkansas State will
get over the hump and represent the state well.
2 nieces went to Memphis.
I will be for most Christian affiliated schools,
including Notre Dame, Baylor, Wake Forest, SMU, and others.
In general, I will be for a Southern team over other teams.
"You will always face adversity, but overcome it."

Sivad

Notre Dame.

SEC schools playing a non-conference opponent.

Throwback1

March 21, 2008, 11:43:45 pm #41 Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 01:54:14 pm by Throwback1
UAM
SAU
Arkansas State
UCA
UAPB
Penn State
Texas Tech
Rhodes
Memphis
Navy

...in no particular order.

"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

TNhogfan

Football - LA Tech, Clemson, UNC

Basketball - UALR, ETnSU, UNC

oldbooniehog

They are all the enemy....all the time.

oldbooniehog

LM RZRBCK 29

I don't "like" any other teams. HOGS only. Playing NCAA online i play with the HOGS 90% of the time but if someone wants to match up with top notch teams (A- or better) (Ark is B ovr) i usually get LSwho. Thats the only time i "like" any other team besides the hogs.
Quote from: NeverYield on April 15, 2011, 10:02:02 am
How do you know if you're done whiping?  Sniff the TP?

Quote from: OtterHog on April 15, 2011, 10:05:16 am
Its all about feel. It took years of training. Very rarely have I had to go back in for mop-up duty.

jvanhorn

Oklahoma is my other favorite team.  The two teams I hate with a passion:
Texas and Tennessee.

Jazorback

Arkansas first. after that Louisville and whoever is playing texas or kentucky

centarkswine

I also happen to like...

the University of Central Arkansas Bears.

CORZRBACKFAN

Colorado, and whoever is playing ou and kNebraska.
-"One has to learn havin' fun is just smilin' through
those changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes. "

-Jimmy Buffett

CrazrBack

Arkansas is my #1 team, but i like all the teams in Arkansas pretty much hahaha.... And anyone playing Oklahoma, seems like sooner fans infiltrate everything around here so i gotta hate em'. lol