Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rick Barnes quote about Little Rock today

Started by ANSKY, March 17, 2008, 05:30:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

I just listened and he WAS NOT kidding.
God, what crybaby - he just assured himself more booing from the Arkansas fans than he could possibly imagine. I won't be rude to their fans outside the arena - but I will give their team heck during the game. And I have an especially loud BOO for his introduction.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

SteveInArk

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Ex-Trumpet

I don't care if he was serious or not...I absolutely HATE the longhorns (I can't even capitalize the friggin' "l").

For those of you too young to remember the old SWC days, this quote from RB is just a small sliver of why I'll never hate a team as much as the horns...

My hatred for anything "longhorns" extends to Knoxville... "UT" and that orange is just too close to burnt...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Ex-Trumpet

Play the soundbite in Alltel during pregame...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

SteveInArk

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Blue35

Bring a rope and we will string that sob up as soon as he gets off of his GD bus!!

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on March 18, 2008, 10:08:28 pm
I don't care if he was serious or not...I absolutely HATE the longhorns (I can't even capitalize the friggin' "l").

For those of you too young to remember the old SWC days, this quote from RB is just a small sliver of why I'll never hate a team as much as the horns...

My hatred for anything "longhorns" extends to Knoxville... "UT" and that orange is just too close to burnt...
Yep, he was joking, but he was also stoking the rivalry fire...  I like it, Nolan's "buckle your seatbelt" comment's were great too.

kitshicker

He didn't sound like he was joking. Maybe he was though. I've never taken the time to listen to the jerk, it may just be his type of humor. Joking or not, it was just stupid to make a comment like that.
There will be twice as many people booing and making it an ugly atmosphere with them now.

PeytonManningSUCKS

March 19, 2008, 10:38:06 am #58 Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 10:39:58 am by RanSolo
Ok, it's gonna be bad in LR for TX, but if they don't buy out the game can you imagine what it will be like in Fay next year when they are actually playing the Hogs.  I think it's a good move Rick, you don't want to come to Fayetteville next year that's for sure.

Hogeye_Pierce

Proverbs 26:18-19

18 Like a madman shooting
       firebrands or deadly arrows

19 is a man who deceives his neighbor
       and says, "I was only joking!"

As Nolan has already said. "Buckle your seat belt" Ricky. You've stepped in one of your cow pies.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

PorkSoda

It was stupid enough saying what he said, but then to back pedal like a P*ssy, I have not respect for him.   LR will definitely be an away game for them, and not a well mannered one.   
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Rick Barnes on how to hold a press conference about playing in a hostile state

Step one: Open Mouth
Step two: Insert Foot
Step Three: Open Mouth Wider
Step Four: Insert Other Foot 
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

SamBuckhart

To get to hate Texas early. This is so sweet. What a moron.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

turdferguson1

March 20, 2008, 12:59:52 am #64 Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 01:02:05 am by turdferguson1
Quote from: lrhogfan24 on March 19, 2008, 02:30:53 pm
The fact that he said "I'm serious" doesn't mean anything to you?

Nope.  He wasn't serious.  That's the way he is.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/longhorns/03/20/0320barnes.html

More about it for your reading pleasure:

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Sports/220190/

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: turdferguson1 on March 20, 2008, 12:59:52 am
Nope.  He wasn't serious.  That's the way he is.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/longhorns/03/20/0320barnes.html

More about it for your reading pleasure:

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Sports/220190/
From the first article...
"Barnes started a talk-radio and message-board uproar in Arkansas with his comments, which came Monday on a Big 12 teleconference when a reporter asked him about playing in a state with a storied rivalry against Texas. A day later, he called the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette to explain his comments and defuse the furor."

2 pages on hogville does not a "furor" make

farhan

He's on ESPN and just apologized again about it.

PorkSoda

Quote from: farhan on March 20, 2008, 03:03:07 pm
He's on ESPN and just apologized again about it.
Sounds like his superiors had something to do with this.  He can make all the excuses he wants, be we all know he got his ass chewed.

want2be

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 20, 2008, 05:52:50 pm
Sounds like his superiors had something to do with this.  He can make all the excuses he wants, be we all know he got his ass chewed.

Yep, I think he made a quote about buying out a game that would be the ath directors call....seriously !

HoustonTXAg1990

I think it's hilarious that some of you are sufficiently humorless and dense to think he was serious. That was classic Barnes tongue-in-cheek BS.

Hogginitall

Quote from: HoustonTXAg1990 on March 27, 2008, 12:26:10 am
I think it's hilarious that some of you are sufficiently humorless and dense to think he was serious. That was classic Barnes tongue-in-cheek BS.

Little early to talk about this topic, don't ya think?

HoustonTXAg1990

I didn't imagine I'd post on this thread again, but some of the posts that followed my original comment were all too stupid and silly.