Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UT coach Rick Barnes threatens the state of Arkansas......this is a throwdown!

Started by HOG RED UMP, March 17, 2008, 04:09:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SpareRib

Not smart.  Barnes probably just stirred up a hornets' nest.  Way to go, dufus.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

razorrog1

Quote from: Wildhog05 on March 17, 2008, 05:12:40 pm
Fly banners over Alltel?
We could use those little indoor helicopters I see advertised on tv and fly mini-banners inside Alltel. 
Something about Barnes being the adopted gay love child of Abe Lemmons and Bevo.
(Lord, I apologize about the gay love child and be with the starving pygmies. Amen.)

Razor6

Wow, this should be interesting in NLR next week. Keep us posted if you go!
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

deshahawg

What a joke. If I was still in Arkansas I'd go just to booo them. I hope we are out in force cheering against Texas.

One Bad Boy

NuttinItUp

Arkapigdiesel

Boo the hell out of those panty waste rajinas in LR.  I realized after reading that article that my hatred should never die for the whorns.

I hope their fans feel 'uncomfortable' while in LR.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

SigHog87

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

hawgball9401

Quote from: bradmurray147 on March 17, 2008, 07:52:00 pm
You do realize that the picture you posted is from the OU/Texas game in 07? I was there and we had just beat them right before the storm blew in that is in the background.  Not a Hog fan in the pic. That being said, Texas real and only major rival right now, and they will tell you this, is Oklahoma. They are bitter rivals in football, basketball and baseball. Both schools are good in all three. Not trying to demean your hatred toward them, but they really don't see you guys as a huge rival anymore being that you guys play once ever two or three years. Trust me, as an OU student it is almost like us saying Nebraska is a huge rival of ours now. It's just not. It was when I was little, just not anymore. It can't be not playing them for two years. I understand that you old folks still dwell on it, and I interned in Arky last summer and got a small glimpse of how insane you guys really are over the hogs. It's almost borderline insanity. But I also understand that is all your state has so I fully comprehend that magnitude of only having one university in the state making it the only show in town. I digress. Texas doesn't see you guys a much of a rival anymore. But what Barnes has said is stupid and he needs to understand that Arkansas still holds onto things like that. Small states are usually the most prideful just because they latch onto anything positive or negative said about them. This negative attack will only spurn more hatred....

You took the time to create an account and this was the best you could do??

pioneerbasketball

hawgball9401

I never said you were bashing us, nor did I attack you.  Just seems like a wasted post.  Either you are a bit sensitive or have a complex.  Either way you are 0-2 for you first two posts.

dhornjr1

Quote from: bradmurray147 on March 17, 2008, 07:52:00 pm
You do realize that the picture you posted is from the OU/Texas game in 07? I was there and we had just beat them right before the storm blew in that is in the background.  Not a Hog fan in the pic. That being said, Texas real and only major rival right now, and they will tell you this, is Oklahoma. They are bitter rivals in football, basketball and baseball. Both schools are good in all three. Not trying to demean your hatred toward them, but they really don't see you guys as a huge rival anymore being that you guys play once ever two or three years. Trust me, as an OU student it is almost like us saying Nebraska is a huge rival of ours now. It's just not. It was when I was little, just not anymore. It can't be not playing them for two years. I understand that you old folks still dwell on it, and I interned in Arky last summer and got a small glimpse of how insane you guys really are over the hogs. It's almost borderline insanity. But I also understand that is all your state has so I fully comprehend that magnitude of only having one university in the state making it the only show in town. I digress. Texas doesn't see you guys a much of a rival anymore. But what Barnes has said is stupid and he needs to understand that Arkansas still holds onto things like that. Small states are usually the most prideful just because they latch onto anything positive or negative said about them. This negative attack will only spurn more hatred....

EDITED FOR CONTENT.  KEEP IT CIVIL

hawgball9401

Quote from: bradmurray147 on March 17, 2008, 08:11:45 pm
I'm only 0-2 cause you don't agree or I hit a nerve with you. I know every university has its crazy/lunatic fans. But in my days in Arky I heard NC preseason, SEC champs in 07, etc. They just have such high expectations with no real history to back it up. Basketball on the other hand they do. You won a national title in 94 or 95 I can't remember off the top of my head. I do think that IF Petrino decides he is done with the job carousel that you guys will be competing for conference titles every 4 or 5 years and I hope you do!

By the way genius, not all Arkansas fans live in "Arky" (as you put it).  I lived in Texas for 8 years, South Carolina for 2 and Indiana for 7 and counting. 

(Keep going 0-3, gomer)

gohogs13

I have tickets to the game and I can assure you I will be booing the sh*t out of them

oldbooniehog

A couple of comments.

1) I had forgotten what arrogant, chicken-crap Texas folks were like, it's been so long since the SWC days.

Thanks, Rick Barnes, for reminding me about the burnt-orange arrogance, and for awakening deep and ancient hatreds within me once more. They feel just as warm and fuzzy as they ever did.

2) For all you "young whippersnappers" who like to chant S-E-C! S-E-C! even when the Hogs aren't playing the game.......let this be a lesson to you.

You think LSU or Bama or Georgia "respects" you?

You think any of those teams hold any good will towards Arkansas?

HA!

Again, I say HA!!!!

And I don't give a crap what anyone says to your face or on a message board.

This is the way it is, children.

There is only one team.....your team.

And everyone else is the enemy......all the time, every time.

They are all the enemy, and may they all burn.

May they all have losing seasons. May they lose scholarships under scandalous circumstances.

And, bradmurray147, may the NCAA rip the thugs of OU at every chance they get.

Burn, baby, burn.

oldbooniehog

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

pioneerbasketball

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogs-n-Roses

In the famous words of the immortal Dice Clay , Blow Me, Blow Me for pete's sake!

HognVA

I wish i lived in state just so I could go and do some booing myself

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

oldbooniehog

Oh yeah, one more thing for bradmurray147.

Even Rick Barnes himself is smarter than you are when it comes to the Ark-Tex rivalry.

Here's a quote from the Austin Statesman entry.

"Obviously, and honestly, our guys don't know the rivalry that existed between Texas and Arkansas," Barnes said on a teleconference today. "

Here's the link, you OU rocket surgeon.....or are you a brain scientist?

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2008/03/17/barnes_to_arkan.html

Hogs-n-Roses

I'm sorry for my earlier post but all things UT do that to me. Maybe I should rephrase, well I better just shut up.

Jimmy

I read the article as well as the comments.   My favorite is when Texas fans claim Arkansas is not a rivalry game for them.  The venom they spew is proof positive that Arkansas--Texas does mean something to them. 

Theolesnort

Ever since Mayberry hit the shot and Nolan went strollin Texas has been paranoid about the basketball Razorbacks
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

HawgPilot

Anyone want to buy 2 tickets to Session 1 on Friday?

St. Marys vs Miami  11:30AM
Texas vs Austin Peay   1:50PM

PM me if so

OKhogfan1959

Screw Barnes and Texas!!  Don't care if we ever play them in any sport. What a complete idiot=dumbass=retard!

Conway4Hogs

Barnes should spend his time getting that messed up ear thing fixed.

ekyle1

Quote from: bigfoot on March 17, 2008, 04:43:35 pm
#15 seed Austin Peay will have a homecourt advantage like they have never had before!
Thats what i'm thinking...GO PEAY GO!!!

FayettenamVeteran

Anyone remember Broyles' comments when the Hogs played in Austin in the NCAAT?  It's just a little fun on Barnes' part to poke fun at that.  From what I understand, his comments on the call were very much tongue in cheek. 

ekyle1

Quote from: bradmurray147 on March 17, 2008, 08:22:31 pm
Ya, we have pitiful lives. Norman, the town OU is in , is a suburb of OKC and is about the size of Little Rock. I guess its such a pitiful place to live that we have almost as many people in the OKC metro as you do in your state. LOL. NBA be here next season. When Arkansas gets to our level in football, basketball, heck just athletics period, academics, and city life, then come talk noise. I'm going to also go out on a limb and say that 85 percent of the posters on here haven't attended a class at UA. Just another fact that might hit a nerve.
And i'm going to go out on a limb and say 85 percent of OU board posters can't spell PERCENT!!!

turdferguson1

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on March 17, 2008, 09:53:35 pm
Anyone remember Broyles' comments when the Hogs played in Austin in the NCAAT?  It's just a little fun on Barnes' part to poke fun at that.  From what I understand, his comments on the call were very much tongue in cheek. 

Dry humor and pranks are just part of Barnes' personality.

fordhog

sooieet

It will be an honor to represent the Hog nation in heckling those scumbags from Texass.  GHG

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: turdferguson1 on March 17, 2008, 10:00:36 pm
Dry humor and pranks are just part of Barnes' personality.

Barnes even laughed at his comments on the conference call from what I understand.  I think his comments are much adieu about nothing.  He could care less if Texas is booed or not this weekend.  This is probably a calculated move on his part anyway as a ploy to play up an "us against the World" mentality going into the Tourney since they may have lost some steam / respect with losing to Kansas.

ToY

Wow, the whole thing was said in a joking manner and it sure got y'all's panties all riled up.  :)

ToY

Oh, and BTW, good luck in the JV game before the RRS.   

http://www.shaggybevo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5314 <- shaggybevo is the best UT board these days.

ThunderHog

Swallowed hook, line and sinker.  Mission accomplished by Barnes.  The old psychologist, Muhammad Ali would be impressed.

MasterofPiglets

Quote from: abostian on March 17, 2008, 05:37:18 pm
My friend played a solo there at half-court and was booed the entire time.  He was playing "Shout" FOR THEIR ENTERTAINMENT, and those b**tards booed him.  So he finished, gave Texas the upside down Hook'em Horns sign in Austin at half-court, turned all the way around so everyone could see, jogged off the court, and lived!

"Many in the Erwin Center robustly booed not only the Razorback players but also their pep band, cheerleaders and, especially, Coach Nolan Richardson, during the March 17-19 tournament. Many Razorbacks, Richardson included, responded by making an inverted "Hook 'em" sign, the ultimate show of disrespect to Texas fans."

I know exactly who your friend was who played the "Shout" solo.  He has the initials J.P.  I was the trumpet player who stomped on the Longhorn logo on the court and acted like I was punching it during "Swing March."  It almost incited a riot!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: ToY on March 17, 2008, 10:13:26 pm
Wow, the whole thing was said in a joking manner and it sure got y'all's panties all riled up.  :)

Truth is there would have probably been a few boos regardless.  The treatment we received in Austin was uncalled for and extremely low class, but you have to consider the source and location.  Hopefully we will conduct ourselves as we normally do, and avoid sinking to the level of a Texas or similar type program.

coachp

Texas should never play the hogs in any sport it only helps UofA.  This is retalliation for the Chicken sh** cancellation of th football game.  Texas will be young this year and loaded in2009 play the damn game.

Do not talk about trash talking Barnes could care less it is the throwing of crap just like at football games that he is afraid of.  And aso remember how classy Hog fans were during the football game in Austin along with the players after the game.  Then how about Nutt putting the hit on Vince Young almost broke his leg long after play stopped.  That was some classless sh**.

Go Hogs!  However, I will be cheering for the Horns this week as they are my team.  We can love Texas and still love the Hogs as we have true rivals.

nlrwildcat1

10thPlanet

Quote from: coachp on March 17, 2008, 11:04:16 pm
Texas should never play the hogs in any sport it only heps UofA.  This is retalliation for the Chicken sh** cancellation of th football game.  Texas will be young this year and loaded in2009 play the damn game.
Texas needs to have an SEC team on it's schedule to give them some Credibility. Lord knows in an average Lil 12 season you only play 3 teams.  Sorry, Texas we left you to rot, and the SWC could'nt survive without the HOGS

SteveInArk

Motivation for his Longhorns ?  I don't see that....  I think a lapse in judgement by a moron is a better excuse:

mo·ron (môrn, mr-)
n.
1. A stupid person; a dolt.
2. Psychology A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive, except when describing those affliated with the Texas Longhorn organization.

(tongue in a$$-cheek, of course)  ;)
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Kinghog1

Go to the Texas Longhorn web page and   click on contact us and leave Crybaby BArnes a little message.  I know several have already done it .
Tough Titty said The Kitty but the milk is still good

southtxhog

Rick is looking for a way out of that game.  Not a surprise.  They don't stand to gain anything coming to Arkansas and have everything to lose.
Mr. Long, Coach Pel, and Coach Petrino.  The recipe for new success in The Natural State.

AUSTXHOG

Local Fox News affiliate in Austin mentioned this tonight during sports.  There was no mention on the air that this was a joke.  Boo Birds anyone?

turdferguson1

Quote from: Kinghog1 on March 17, 2008, 11:20:28 pm
Go to the Texas Longhorn web page and   click on contact us and leave Crybaby BArnes a little message.  I know several have already done it .

Go for it.  I'm sure Barnes would get a good laugh.

leftymgp