Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UT coach Rick Barnes threatens the state of Arkansas......this is a throwdown!

Started by HOG RED UMP, March 17, 2008, 04:09:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HR Puff N Stuff

Quote from: coachp on March 18, 2008, 03:15:43 pm
No actually started school at UCLA and had surgery then transferred to Missouri (was not good enough in my sport to get a scholarship at Texas).  My masters is from UT.

Yes, I did go to the writing center quite a bit to get through school.

You're high.  Good enough for UCLA is good enough for Texas.

coachp

coachp

Quote from: donewithdale on March 18, 2008, 03:19:54 pm
What is your excuse before Mack? 

You have one rival which you NEVER have to play at their place.  I would love for the Horns to have to play an LSU in Baton Rouge every other season or Alabama in Tuscaloosa.  The rest of your schedule besides A&M is against programs with lesser resources where you have all of advantages.  Yet you still can't manage to overcome Kansas State and Oklahoma State, KU, Iowa St, Colorado, etc.  That is pathetic. 

Actually theu are trying to add Alabama as a non-conferance game.

HR Puff N Stuff

Quote from: coachp on March 18, 2008, 03:21:12 pm
Actually theu are trying to add Alabama as a non-conferance game.

Ooooh, great.  Alabama will promptly hand you your ass.

coachp

Quote from: donewithdale on March 18, 2008, 03:19:54 pm
What is your excuse before Mack? 

You have one rival which you NEVER have to play at their place.  I would love for the Horns to have to play an LSU in Baton Rouge every other season or Alabama in Tuscaloosa.  The rest of your schedule besides A&M is against programs with lesser resources where you have all of advantages.  Yet you still can't manage to overcome Kansas State and Oklahoma State, KU, Iowa St, Colorado, etc.  That is pathetic. 

Try playing in State schools that have just as much hated for yo uas you have Texas (Tech, A&M,. TCU, Adding UTEP).  Try adding ASU and see how easy that game is after they can recruit some players, oh I forgot UofA is scared of the mighty Wolves.

coachp

coachp

It has been fun folks got to drive to the office and hopefully the weather will allow me to Coach today.  Good luck against Indiana and i will be cheering for the Hogs also.  If you want to meet or try and kick my arse (jk) will be at Alltel Friday in Section 113.  Leave a message and will gladly go have a beer with you all at Cregens (sp) downtown.

HR Puff N Stuff

Quote from: coachp on March 18, 2008, 03:27:44 pm
It has been fun folks got to drive to the office and hopefully the weather will allow me to Coach today.  Good luck against Indiana and i will be cheering for the Hogs also.  If you want to meet or try and kick my arse (jk) will be at Alltel Friday in Section 113.  Leave a message and will gladly go have a beer with you all at Cregens (sp) downtown.

Yeah, tempting.  I'd love to but I have to staple my husband's scrotum to the floor that night.

Dropkick

wacohogbill

Rick, it just isn't a perfect world out there...sorry "bout that.  It looks like you might have to adjust.  WPS

razorrog1

Quote from: coachp on March 18, 2008, 03:23:52 pm
Try playing in State schools that have just as much hated for yo uas you have Texas (Tech, A&M,. TCU, Adding UTEP).  Try adding ASU and see how easy that game is after they can recruit some players, oh I forgot UofA is scared of the mighty Wolves.
I don't see how you guys survive in that tiny little recruiting base called TEXAS with all of those schools stealing talent from you, thus making it a little too competitive.  You poor whorns!
:puke:

OneLoneHogAmidstTheSteers

Coach P, enjoy your time in Little Rock. I can tell you're one of the rare 'Horn fans that actually know a thing or two about sports. Be sure to watch for flying debris. WPS
Truth does not become error just because nobody believes it.
-Gandhi

We either make ourselves miserable or we
make ourselves strong.  The amount of work
is the same.

-don Juan Matus
as quoted by Carlos Castaneda

bsking

austin peay is going to have the best home court advantage of thier lives.

razorrog1

This is the closest thing to a Peay message board.
I just had to give them a little love. (Not really, just Texas hate.)
http://www.topix.net/ncaa/austin-peay/2008/03/mens-tournament-preview-texas#lastPost

Wildhog

They're making fun of our own Deltaboy on shaggybevo...

Can't wait to whip 'em.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

spudhog

i don't think ut would've been treated unfairly before these comments. now, i wouldn't want to have orange boxers on.

Blue35

Hear this Barnes, you little sap head weasel.  We don't need your nasty ass remarks nor your half ass team to play. Get the hell out of town. You have overstayed your welcome.

SquidBilly

Barnes has just invited Razorback fans to blow the roof off of that building.  If he can't take the heat and wants to back out of their game with us then I say screw em.  I'd love to be at Alltel when they come out on the court.  Hog fans need to be booing them loudly and doing the loudest Hog calls ever heard the entire game.  Go Austin Peay!!!

SteveInArk

Quote from: coachp on March 18, 2008, 03:06:32 pm
Married well, but she wants he son to go to one of the top 100 Universities in the world, Texas.  Where does Arkansas rank?
:-*

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Razorvet

Austin Peay is Fort Cambell U. They will get my support. As for Booing I really dont think its helpful. We can just make AP the home team.  Its the least we could do for Screaming Eagle U!!!!

Wildhog

Post from Shaggybevo:

twicebannedHF
bunghole

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:47 am

I've been to that sh*thole twice(69 game and personal business in 83). It is not wise to provoke those hayseeds. They hate everything Texan, and I know they can be dangerous mofos in an insane sorta way!

I agree, it isn't wise to provoke us.

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

AND5_RAZORBACK

Austin Peay will have more fans than they have had at any game this year come Friday. I guarantee I will be a Governor for the day!
                                                      And5

keithh1999

HOGNUTTZ - I laugh my A** off everytime I see your avatar!! And I give a +1 every time -- Great !!

I hate texas - I HATE TEXAS -- Always have, always will -- And as far as Rick Barnes goes,,, FU Too!!
Pig Farmers are cool.

keithh1999

HOGNUTTZ - I laugh my A** off everytime I see your avatar!! And I give a +1 every time -- Great !!

I hate texas - I HATE TEXAS -- Always have, always will -- And as far as Rick Barnes goes,,, FU Too!!
Pig Farmers are cool.

keithh1999

Pig Farmers are cool.

hoglady

Some of the folks I'm going with were disappointed with the teams here.
I wasn't - because I was looking forward to booing Texas before
Barnes stupid comments,  now I am really pumped about the games.
That coach hasn't heard booing like he'll hear in Alltel Arena come Friday.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ark30inf

I don't like Texas at all.  But I generally am not in favor of us showing our asses and behaving like they did when we went to Austin.  If this guy had kept his damn mouth shut I would have advocated behaving ourselves.  But if he thinks he can tell us what to do just by threatening to not show up for the next game I have news for him.....I personally don't desire his presence enough to get on my knee for him and there are plenty of other jerks we can schedule if they chicken out.

So bite me.

ark30inf

Quote from: ATLpiggie on March 18, 2008, 10:17:46 pm
Barnes has just invited Razorback fans to blow the roof off of that building.  If he can't take the heat and wants to back out of their game with us then I say screw em.  I'd love to be at Alltel when they come out on the court.  Hog fans need to be booing them loudly and doing the loudest Hog calls ever heard the entire game.  Go Austin Peay!!!

Yep.  I am normally pretty laid back...but to come out and pull this crap in the press after their behavior down there is BEGGING for it.  Texans come in here and play...fine.  Texans come in here and play AND tell us how to act on our home turf?  Get ready buddy.

masonselby

a fly on the wall told me the entire texas team and staff will be eating at the faded rose on rebesamen thursday at 5ish......
"for christ sake im talking about bagging a sasquatch"

Hog_of_the_HILL

They're some people on here that think that the younger people don't have as much hatred for texas as the older people do.. but im 18 and me and just about everyone my age hates texas more than any other so this rivalry will last for a long time even after yall are all gone............................................................TUCK FEXAS!!!! WPS
It was worth the wait

Mr. Hog

Go Hogs Go!

Porkem

"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

rcowen

"I saw a Jack Daniels bottle come sailing towards the bench," Ward said. "I'm confused. How can someone from Little Rock have the audacity to come to this place and complain? People booed, but they didn't throw stuff. We're having a good time with it, but they're taking it seriously."

Sounds like one of my relatives attended the game.

98hogs

I've been to Norman and it ain't no Little Rock you idiot!  Bout the size of Bauxite !

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

SteveInArk

Quote from: Hog_of_the_HILL on March 19, 2008, 01:40:59 am
They're some people on here that think that the younger people don't have as much hatred for texas as the older people do.. but im 18 and me and just about everyone my age hates texas more than any other so this rivalry will last for a long time even after yall are all gone............................................................TUCK FEXAS!!!! WPS

From a graying Razorback, good to hear it!  ;)   +1 for the info
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

deshahawg

Is there any way we can get a roll call of who is going to be there to boo texas when they play?

PorkSoda

Quote from: SteveInArk on March 19, 2008, 01:33:59 pm
From a graying Razorback, good to hear it!  ;)   +1 for the info
Texas is still a rival even if Barnes closes his eyes to the fact.  He is doing his players a disservice by not educating them on the history of the rivalry.  We will rip them a new one next year.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

gopeay1855

For all you Hog fans here is the APSU message board peaymania.com Im an apsu student and an avid Texas hater.

HoopS

It ticks me off that we will play Texas this year with what Dale left behind but will not play them with Mallett and the receiving crop we just brought in.....plus year 2 of Petrino's system. 

longhornation

This is hysterical. Rick Barnes has got the arkie Nolan haters dancing, and they're not even playing Texas. Envy is a bitch.  You use to have a decent basketball program back in the day.  its a new era in arky. arKansas should have got rid of the old goat along time ago.  Your hatred will only bring more heartache.

Hawgzilla

Quote from: longhornation on March 19, 2008, 09:49:35 pm
This is hysterical. Rick Barnes has got the arkie Nolan haters dancing, and they're not even playing Texas. Envy is a ****.  You use to have a decent basketball program back in the day.  its a new era in arky. arKansas should have got rid of the old goat along time ago.  Your hatred will only bring more heartache.

This coming from a person who thinks Texass has always been a powerhouse......Grow up you Teasipper,    YOU SUCK..........

SteveInArk

This is hysterical. Rick Barnes has got the arkie Nolan haters dancing, and they're not even playing Texas. Envy is a ****.  You use to have a decent basketball program back in the day.  its a new era in arky. arKansas should have got rid of the old goat along time ago.  Your hatred will only bring more heartache.

Fixed that picture for you, shorthorn:

bsking

Yeah we used to have a good program, one of the best of all time.  How many times have you guys won it?  Yeah i know.  It must suck to have had the best player in the country and still get knocked out in the second round.  Just wait, texass has been and always will be mediocre in every facet of sports.  The Hogs are putting all the pieces in place to be great in the years to come.  Have fun in Little Rock.... watch out for debris.