Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UT coach Rick Barnes threatens the state of Arkansas......this is a throwdown!

Started by HOG RED UMP, March 17, 2008, 04:09:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Sooieze

Hmm.  I was trying to come up with something that looked like a down with horns hand.  Maybe a smart computer person could come up with one of those smiley dudes that does that?

LM RZRBCK 29

Crybaby Barnes need to get the HELL over it. What does he expect us to do?? Throw the hook 'em horns up. Sing the fight song?? It goes a little something like this.

Texas jump
Texas jump
Texas, jump up and bite my ass

Texas jump
Texas jump

Texas, Jump jump jump jump

Texas, jump jump jump jump
JUMP UP AND BITE MY ASS!!!
Quote from: NeverYield on April 15, 2011, 10:02:02 am
How do you know if you're done whiping?  Sniff the TP?

Quote from: OtterHog on April 15, 2011, 10:05:16 am
Its all about feel. It took years of training. Very rarely have I had to go back in for mop-up duty.

Blue35

Wildhog

Someone who's old enough to remember the rivalry go here and own these guys.  I'm too young to know what any of these guys are talking about.  But they're pissing me off nonetheless. 

http://www.shaggybevo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5314&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=50
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Jdub

Wow, reading that garbage on their forums page makes me think all those t-sips are skipping the English class.  At least the aggies have more class than those morons.

Makes me want to throw my spit cup at them.   :D

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: MasterofPiglets on March 17, 2008, 10:28:13 pm
I know exactly who your friend was who played the "Shout" solo.  He has the initials J.P.  I was the trumpet player who stomped on the Longhorn logo on the court and acted like I was punching it during "Swing March."  It almost incited a riot!

Nice!! That's him.  I wasn't there but I've heard the story a few times ;)

1962hoops

Let's go P rick  Let's go P rick Let's go P rick ought to be ringing in his ears by the end of the day

rljjr

First, in defense of my Hog bretheren who really need no defense, it's hard to hear sarcasm in a print article, and besides, there is always truth in jest.
Second, I'm thankful for Lanny and Hogville running a classy board. I ventured over to the Texas board linked in this thread and it's full of F words and no rational thought and classless and clueless "fans" who wish Hog fans death and destruction.
Third, if Rick Barnes didn't want to get booed he wouldn't have said anything, so he's obviously got an agenda. Maybe he likes his teams facing hostile crowds. I don't know, I don't care for mediocre Texas basketball.
Finally, if he wants to canx the Texas BB home and home that's fine with me. Arkansas owns Texas in BB and we don't have anything to prove there.

HOG RED UMP

Quote from: AUSTXHOG on March 17, 2008, 11:33:20 pm
Local Fox News affiliate in Austin mentioned this tonight during sports.  There was no mention on the air that this was a joke.  Boo Birds anyone?

The link was originally from a blog entry.   The Statesman has now included the statements in
today's sports section as a sports article.
"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford

AUSTXHOG

Quote from: HOG RED UMP on March 18, 2008, 10:35:58 am
The link was originally from a blog entry.   The Statesman has now included the statements in
today's sports section as a sports article.

Yeah... I saw that blog yesterday.  As some have claimed, I don't think this statement from Barnes was meant in jest based on what I've seen on TV and in print.  He should have just kept his mouth shut.  Now he opened up a can.

toozakpig

When did hooten become texas head basketball coach? That is something that Nutt would have said. God I hate Texas

razorrog1

Quote from: 1962hoops on March 18, 2008, 09:50:37 am
Let's go P rick  Let's go P rick Let's go P rick ought to be ringing in his ears by the end of the day
That is so childish!
(It's pretty danged funny,though! I'm in.)

Scaife

"Arkansas spokesman Rick Schaeffer said UT officials did an exemplary job of running the tournament. The fans were the problem, he said."

LOL - Good ol' Sunshine.

HogBaptist

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 18, 2008, 01:08:28 pm
Yes, he was making a joke. It was pretty obvious.

you think?

"Obviously, and honestly, our guys don't know the rivalry that existed between Texas and Arkansas," Barnes said on a teleconference today. "We're scheduled to come play Arkansas next year, and if the fans don't treat us well, we're not going to come. You can put that out there. I'm serious. We've got enough money here we can buy our way out of it. So, they'd better be good to us."

That doesn't sound like a joke. There is too much explanation there.  Or he just tells one bad joke...

SteveInArk

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on March 17, 2008, 10:05:46 pm
Barnes even laughed at his comments on the conference call from what I understand.  I think his comments are much adieu about nothing.  He could care less if Texas is booed or not this weekend.  This is probably a calculated move on his part anyway as a ploy to play up an "us against the World" mentality going into the Tourney since they may have lost some steam / respect with losing to Kansas.
Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 18, 2008, 01:08:28 pmYes, he was making a joke. It was pretty obvious.

Accepting at face value, that his comments was meant as a joke, such remarks were still ridiculous for someone in that position.  Unwittingly or not (?), he has now set up the Arkansas fan base for yet another bashing.  Regardless of the level of harrassment the Texas team and fans receive in LR, the sports press will exploit it and trash us.

For that reason alone, Barnes does not merit any support or the benefit of the doubt, IMHO.   :razorback:
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

ToY

Aggy likes to do the "Sit down bus driver" chat at basketball games.    Here is Rick's response to that - http://videos.utexasclan.com/view.php?id=1037

So, aggy does the "water melon chant" at the next game (here's video I took of that http://videos.utexasclan.com/view.php?id=7031 )

Here's Barnes' response - http://videos.utexasclan.com/view.php?id=7040

razorrog1

Quote from: ToY on March 18, 2008, 01:57:55 pm
Aggy likes to do the "Sit down bus driver" chat at basketball games.    Here is Rick's response to that - http://videos.utexasclan.com/view.php?id=1037

So, aggy does the "water melon chant" at the next game (here's video I took of that http://videos.utexasclan.com/view.php?id=7031 )

Here's Barnes' response - http://videos.utexasclan.com/view.php?id=7040

Holy cow, that was too funny!
It's hard to really hate a school that would do that to the whorns!

coachp

Quote from: PorkerOinker on March 17, 2008, 06:03:45 pm
Pi$$ on his buyout we have enough money to tell him either you play or you forfeit and take a loss on your record we don't need your damn money.

Then play us in football you pansy candy ass,  oh and why did the Hogs postpone the game this year in basketball.  Sound s chickensh**.  I am a fan of both schools but you guys hate Texas more than you love yourself.  Hookem, stfu and play us in football 2009!

HR Puff N Stuff

He can't be for real.  This is the equivalent of having your mommy come with you to 3rd grade to tell the other kids not to bully you and steal your lunch-money any more.
Hint:  It doesn't work. 

coachp

Quote from: dkwvike on March 17, 2008, 11:12:17 pm
Texas needs to have an SEC team on it's schedule to give them some Credibility. Lord knows in an average Lil 12 season you only play 3 teams.  Sorry, Texas we left you to rot, and the SWC could'nt survive without the HOGS

National championships bring credibility, try one in football for yourself.

coachp

Missouri showed the Hogs some football credibility and they suck!

PorkSoda

Quote from: coachp on March 18, 2008, 02:40:20 pm
National championships bring credibility, try one in football for yourself.
Got one, and another on the way.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: coachp on March 18, 2008, 02:42:07 pm
Missouri showed the Hogs some football credibility and they suck!
Why do you think the coaching staff was run out of the state?
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hog in MO

Give the guy a little credit people.  He doesn't want to come to BWA - he's just laying out his excuses now for when he backs out.  Those comments guarantee that any "ill treatment" they might have gotten just increased tenfold.  That's what he wants.  Screw it - give it to him.  When he backs out of the return game he'll look even more like a little b****.   

coachp

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 18, 2008, 02:43:17 pm
Got one, and another on the way.

I hope so but do not see it coming anytime soon.  BTW 1964 was a shared championship and not an AP or UPI one (which was bs) and that was the most recognized poll, I believe.

Dropkick

Quote from: coachp on March 18, 2008, 02:37:31 pm
Then play us in football you pansy candy ass,  oh and why did the Hogs postpone the game this year in basketball.  Sound s chickensh**.  I am a fan of both schools but you guys hate Texas more than you love yourself.  Hookem, stfu and play us in football 2009!
We'll play you at your place this fall, then see if you really want some more.

coachp

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 18, 2008, 02:44:13 pm
Why do you think the coaching staff was run out of the state?

Due to Nutt's complete lack of ethics and morality.  Never before have I seen a coach try to hurt his own players (Mitch) and put hits on another (Vince).  He made it hard for me to like the Hogs.  Hope he gets run out of Ole Miss real quick.

MusicCityHog75

Coach P.  Do you realize that we have kicked the Longhorn's a$$ 3 out of the past four games in football.  Do you realize that we play in hands down, the BEST CONFERENCE in all of college sports?  As a fan, I would love to come back to Austin and spank that Longhorn a$$, in that crappy facility that you all call a stadium.  The problem is, we are playing A&M.  With our conference schedule, it would be NUTTY to play you both.  If you really want to see Razorbacks in Austin, I suggest that you replay the game from a few years back when we ended your home winning streak....or almost as nice replay the 2000 Cotton Bowl, when we hurt all of your QB's, and held you to negative 50 yards rushing.

coachp

Quote from: Dropkick on March 18, 2008, 02:47:32 pm
We'll play you at your place this fall, then see if you really want some more.

Wiin or lose we sure do.  This years Horn team will probably suck like the last two years but we will win in Austin and then make a run at a NC in 2009 (talent wise at least).

Dropkick

Quote from: coachp on March 18, 2008, 02:37:31 pm
What are you so proud of lately, beating Arkansas State by a mere 8 points at home with a little help from the zebras, losing to K-State by 20, outsmarted and beaten by the Aggies,your annual OU loss or playing in a mid December bowl game.

dorkanddiana

Quote from: Kinghog1 on March 17, 2008, 11:20:28 pm
Go to the Texas Longhorn web page and   click on contact us and leave Crybaby BArnes a little message.  I know several have already done it .

No need for that, just send an e-mail directly to d*ck head Barnes...

rick.barnes@athletics.utexas.edu

PorkSoda

Quote from: coachp on March 18, 2008, 02:47:25 pm
I hope so but do not see it coming anytime soon.  BTW 1964 was a shared championship and not an AP or UPI one (which was bs) and that was the most recognized poll, I believe.
I don't know who got the other share, but they didn't derserve it.  Arkansas was the Best team in the nation that year. 

Dropkick

Quote from: coachp on March 18, 2008, 02:51:35 pm
Wiin or lose we sure do.  This years Horn team will probably suck like the last two years but we will win in Austin and then make a run at a NC in 2009 (talent wise at least).
Probably what you thought last time we came to Austin.

coachp

Quote from: MusicCityHog75 on March 18, 2008, 02:51:19 pm
Coach P.  Do you realize that we have kicked the Longhorn's a$$ 3 out of the past four games in football.  Do you realize that we play in hands down, the BEST CONFERENCE in all of college sports?  As a fan, I would love to come back to Austin and spank that Longhorn a$$, in that crappy facility that you all call a stadium.  The problem is, we are playing A&M.  With our conference schedule, it would be NUTTY to play you both.  If you really want to see Razorbacks in Austin, I suggest that you replay the game from a few years back when we ended your home winning streak....or almost as nice replay the 2000 Cotton Bowl, when we hurt all of your QB's, and held you to negative 50 yards rushing.

I was there and it was an ass kicking.  The Arkansas coaches and players showed some real class after the game.  You also tried to hurt our qb in Fayetteville way after play stopped (classy again).  You would not see a Mack Brown team do that (darn Nutt was a much better coach than Brown but will be half the person as mack).  I will put 1000$ on the game this year and meet at Alltel Friday to set it up (and I think we will suck this year, three years of sucking in a row) before sesion one 11:00.  Just let me know where you would like to set it up.

coachp

Quote from: Dropkick on March 18, 2008, 02:57:33 pm
Probably what you thought last time we came to Austin.

No, when Vince did not start I turned to my wife (UofA grad) and told her you will win.

HR Puff N Stuff

Quote from: MusicCityHog75 on March 18, 2008, 02:51:19 pm

Ooooooooohhhh, SNAP!

coachp

Quote from: donewithdale on March 18, 2008, 02:55:26 pm
Reposted since you ignored it the first time: 

You will be young next season?  STFU  Texas gets the best of the best Texas recruits every class and adds the occasional All Amer from out of state.  Yet you want to make up some reasoning that you are young? Considering your resources and recruiting base, the fact UT has won only one national championship in three decades is one of the biggest underachievements and disgraces in all of sports.

Why are you already making excuses?  You will have a 3rd year starter at QB and future NFL prospects at every position.  How much of a pansy are you that you are already making excuses again afraid these divas will choke again? 

Have not had a great coach (but would not trade Mack for anyone he truely is a great rep for our school).  Plus we have true rivalry games not a boot made up by some pretty boy who can not make it anywhere but Arkansas (that was uncalled for since I do like the guy but hate Tommy Smith).

Not making excuses the Hogs where a better team when they won.  The Horns will probably win this years game but still suck.  I agree we should have more champioships and this streak of 10 win seasons does not mean darn cause we have sucke the last two years.

Dropkick

Quote from: coachp on March 18, 2008, 02:59:41 pm
No, when Vince did not start I turned to my wife (UofA grad) and told her you will win.
Social climber, eh.

Dropkick

coachp, you know we don't pesos or checks on Texas banks up here, right?

coachp

Married well, but she wants he son to go to one of the top 100 Universities in the world, Texas.  Where does Arkansas rank?

AckaBacka

He doesn't have the sense to let sleeping Hogs lie.  What a fool.

Dropkick

Quote from: coachp on March 18, 2008, 03:06:32 pm
Married well, but she wants he son to go to one of the top 100 Universities in the world, Texas.  Where does Arkansas rank?
Probably not very high if he is studying to be an arrogant a-hole for no apparent reason.

coachp

Shi* if we give Bush a couple more years the Peso wil lbe worth a lot more than the dollar.  BTW I apologize for all of Texas for the Bush debacle.  Arkansas kicked our arse when it comes to moving Gov's to President.

Also, sorry if I have come across as angy this has been funa and I expect to take some ribbing.  If Texas does not play a scheduled game it is pretty chickensh** but I do not see it happening.  Barnes is trying to get the team up to play as we are not good enough  just to walk through the first two games.

HR Puff N Stuff

Quote from: coachp on March 18, 2008, 03:06:32 pm

Yes, the selection is a very SCIENTIFIC process.  I'm assuming Texas is your Alma Mater, yet you still managed to turn up retarded.  Here's a tip, Captain Academia...It's spelled "truly" not "truely."  AS IN "Truly, you should stop wasting our time and head on over to the Horn board to commence with your sucking.

coachp

Quote from: Dropkick on March 18, 2008, 03:05:46 pm
coachp, you know we don't pesos or checks on Texas banks up here, right?

Those Texas banks are the only ones that are doing well in this country.  Texas can thank Clinton for passing NAFTA for that.

Dropkick

Quote from: coachp on March 18, 2008, 03:10:45 pm
Shi* if we give Bush a couple more years the Peso wil lbe worth a lot more than the dollar.  BTW I apologize for all of Texas for the Bush debacle.  Arkansas kicked our arse when it comes to moving Gov's to President.

Also, sorry if I have come across as angy this has been funa and I expect to take some ribbing.  If Texas does not play a scheduled game it is pretty chickensh** but I do not see it happening.  Barnes is trying to get the team up to play as we are not good enough  just to walk through the first two games.
Just having fun myself, no hard feelings?

Dropkick

One thing I agree with you on, Mack Brown is a class individual.

coachp

No actually started school at UCLA and had surgery then transferred to Missouri (was not good enough in my sport to get a scholarship at Texas).  My masters is from UT.

Yes, I did go to the writing center quite a bit to get through school.