Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poll: 1st 1 seed to get beat - - WINNER IS???

Started by HogNuttz, March 17, 2008, 03:43:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Well, who loses first?

Memphis
132 (46.8%)
UNC
67 (23.8%)
Kansas
42 (14.9%)
UCLA
41 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 263

HogNuttz

March 17, 2008, 03:43:46 pm Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 12:33:32 pm by HogNuttz
Tiebreaker #1, who beats them. 
Tiebreaker#2 by how many.
Tiebreaker#3 who posted earliest.

Winner gets some pocket and/or belly button lint and braggin' rights.

I'll dig this thread up when the first #1 goes down.

I'll say Miss. St. over Memphis by 4.

Edit:  Please post your answer as well.  I can't remember every team in every region so simply posting the team that pulls the upset could get confusing.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

UCARazorback

TB #1 Vandy
TB #2 8
TB #3 Me

oh yeah Kansas first #1 to lose

cnasty

UNC to lose to the hogs by 4 in Second Round

Dropkick

Memphis loses to Miss. State by 1 point after shooting 54% from the stripe.

Whiskey River

I've got Memphis going down to Michigan St. and Kansas going down to Clemson in the same round.
This species has amused itself to death...

cosmodrum

I'm a Jayhawk fan, but I'm sure they'll be the first out. They've given us plenty of evidence to support this notion.
Go away, batin'

HogNuttz

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 17, 2008, 04:02:22 pm
I'm a Jayhawk fan, but I'm sure they'll be the first out. They've given us plenty of evidence to support this notion.

Me too, hogs a distant first however.

When this years senior class was sophmores, we beat them.  Hard to believe now.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

GrizzledHogFan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Dropkick

Changing mine to................UNC loses to the Hogs by 7.

LSPRazorbac

Memphis

Quote from: HogNuttz on March 17, 2008, 03:43:46 pm
Tiebreaker #1, who beats them.-->MISS ST 
Tiebreaker#2 by how many.--> 3
Tiebreaker#3 who posted earliest.

Panthers63

hawgslop00

31to6

UNC loses to Arkansas in the second round. Go Hogs!

In all honesty, we play up to our opposition. As long as nobody shows them a map and they don't realize that the NCAA tourney is a home-game for UNC, we can win.

PorkSoda

Quote from: wdremington on March 17, 2008, 04:54:31 pm
UNC loses to Arkansas in the second round. Go Hogs!

In all honesty, we play up to our opposition. As long as nobody shows them a map and they don't realize that the NCAA tourney is a home-game for UNC, we can win.
Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

jwhite_13

Ulysses_S_Grunt

HOGSWEAT

3kgthog

Kansas. Mark it down. Bill Self has lost in the 2nd round something like 5 years straight.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: bbrj on March 17, 2008, 03:48:15 pm
Memphis because of free throws
Memphis has only lost 1 game all year, and that was because they couldn't hit the back side of a barn within the last 2 minutes.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

rude1

the weak schedule comes back and bites them in the azz. They have played a major weak schedule, and all those blow out wins will come back to haunt them when they are put in a game where it comes down to the wire and free throws are factored in.

gohogsgo006

I have a strong felling that UCLA will blow it.

They shoulda lost 2 games a week ago. THey are beatable.

I think Memphis is playing the best ball, as is Kansas
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

hogsevenseven

31to6

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 17, 2008, 06:23:33 pm
Kansas. Mark it down. Bill Self has lost in the 2nd round something like 5 years straight.
Kansas does have a long and storied history of choking in the tournament. Look at all the monster teams that haven't even made it to the S16. Sure, they've won some too, but they've choked a lot.

HogNuttz

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 17, 2008, 06:23:33 pm

They were in the elite 8 just last year, so thats not right.

rljjr

UNC to Ark by 3 ... I can dream, right?

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Good thread.  I would say Kansas b/c of their past record in tourney time, but their division is SOOOOO weak this year.

I'll say Memphis loses to Pitt by 7.

OnYourToes

Memphis looses to Pitt by 5 in the Sweet 16, FTs kill.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

CPL HOG

Kansas to UNLV in the Second round by 1

HotlantaHog

There is no obvious right answer, but I sure hope it is UNC...

Prosciutto

UNC 2nd round by 6 to UofA.

Arkansas then loses to Notre Dame.

UCARazorback

I picked Kansas, but as is every year, I research a lot more on the teams than usual during this week leading up to the tournament and I'm not sure Kansas will be the first to lose.   Sure they choke, that was one of my main reasons for having them knocked out first.  But remember, the last time they choked away 2 years in a row, their seniors and juniors were lowerclassmen.  How many of those were starting then?  Most of them weren't even on the team that lost to Bucknell.  I'll still be wary of KU but these are not the same Jayhawks from 2-3 years ago.

Oliver

They will all be playing in the final four so I guess which ever one loses the first game of the final four.

Razorvet

Even if that did happen (It will not) you would still be a troll. You have no credibility here. Keep making those brilliant calls. One of these days you might get one right. But not this one. The top four seeded teams never make it to the final four. But who knows it could happen. You were right about Vandy and then Tennesse. Oh wait. No. You got those wrong.

BrooklynRoss

UCLA

Tiebreaker #1: UCONN
Tiebreaker#2: 9
Tiebreaker#3: Hopefully me
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

RZRBack_FAN

Atreyu

1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

sonnysunshine!

Memphis will be the ONLY 1 seed to lose before the Final Four. Mark my words. The Sunshine Man has spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Memphis loses to PITT by 3.  Free throws will kill the tigers sooner or later.
Let's make some waves.

Hootiethehog

March 20, 2008, 09:50:29 am #40 Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 09:52:07 am by Hootiethehog
I have Memphis, UCLA and Kansas all losing in the Elite 8
Stanford will take down Memphis (free throws), Xavier will beat UCLA (outathlete them) and Georgetown will beat Kansas (Kansas will pull a Kansas and underachieve once again)

So to answer the 3 questions as safely as I can:
1. Stanford over Memphis
2. 8 points
3. I didn't see anyone else picking Stanford here
Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.

HogNuttz

Quote from: Hootiethehog on March 20, 2008, 09:50:29 am
I have Memphis, UCLA and Kansas all losing in the Elite 8
Stanford will take down Memphis (free throws), Xavier will beat UCLA (outathlete them) and Georgetown will beat Kansas (Kansas will pull a Kansas and underachieve once again)

So to answer the 3 questions as safely as I can:
1. Stanford over Memphis
2. 8 points
3. I didn't see anyone else picking Stanford here

I'll admit my bias that I'm a Jayhawk fan, but:

1) Georgetown won't make it that far
2) If they did, Kansas would own them

Georgetown maybe the most over-rated team in the tourney.

Hootiethehog

Quote from: HogNuttz on March 20, 2008, 09:56:11 am
I'll admit my bias that I'm a Jayhawk fan, but:

1) Georgetown won't make it that far
2) If they did, Kansas would own them

Georgetown maybe the most over-rated team in the tourney.

I completely agree with you on this, it's just that I have no respect for that bracket and Kansas has a remarkable ability to not play up to their potential in crunch time (although Roy Williams is gone now)
Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.

PlayCallinBrotha

IMAballHawg

Im a homer.  Arkansas over UNC by 1. 
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

HogNuttz

Quote from: Hootiethehog on March 20, 2008, 09:57:42 am
I completely agree with you on this, it's just that I have no respect for that bracket and Kansas has a remarkable ability to not play up to their potential in crunch time (although Roy Williams is gone now)

They made it to the elite 8 last year, but all their other seasons under Self have had early exits.  Williams took them to the NC game against Syracuse and if not for very uncharacteristic bad free throw shooting and a stoopidly hot Jerry MacNamara, Kansas would have won that game.

HogNuttz

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 19, 2008, 11:12:39 pm
They will all be playing in the final four so I guess which ever one loses the first game of the final four.

Quote from: Razorvet on March 19, 2008, 11:30:14 pm
Even if that did happen (It will not) you would still be a troll. You have no credibility here. Keep making those brilliant calls. One of these days you might get one right. But not this one. The top four seeded teams never make it to the final four. But who knows it could happen. You were right about Vandy and then Tennesse. Oh wait. No. You got those wrong.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Oliver Miller made this stunning prophecy and since no one else who picked UCLA as the first loser also chose Memphis as the team to beat them, Oliver Miller wins in a land slide.  Take your braggin' rights and I'm collecting my pocket and belly button lint as we speak.  Will send you your prize after I have a decent collection.  Maybe one of the mods can get you something special and precious by your avatar like 2008 #1 loser or something.

Oh and Razorvet, I wouldn't know you if I passed you on the street, but you got completely owned on that one bro.