Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dear Bruce Pearl, Jujuan "trash talk an opposing coach", and Vol-thugs?

Started by mathhog, March 15, 2008, 09:07:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeyBC

I'm not crying, I'm congratulating. And I believe most sports fans would say that the definition of an "*** kicking" is a win by a whole lot of points.

You're right, Chris Lofton didn't hit the shots he should have, so I'll buy the choke label. But no one's *** was kicked. Well, that Tyler Smith dunk on Steven Hippy might qualify.

crowe6_1

Quote from: mathhog on March 16, 2008, 02:28:29 am
***DEAR VOLS,

YOU LEFT YOUR SECTOURNAMENT BANNER AT THE ARENA.

ARENA OFFICIALS WILL BE HAPPY TO MAIL YOUR BANNER TO YOU.

ENCLOSED IS A PICTURE OF THAT BANNER.  HOPEFULLY YOU WON'T CONFUSE THIS BANNER WITH ALL OF TENNESSEE'S OTHER SECTOURNEY "BANNERS" THAT LOOK EXACTLY ALIKE:

Man mathog. why did you go and tell him that? Now he'll have something else to go and brag about.

idiotghos

Quote from: Fed on March 16, 2008, 02:30:18 am
Dooshbags,

There is only one SEC title. Period.

It's already been won.

Enjoy the conference 800 fan tourney.

It's usually pretty fun.  You guys should stick around for it sometime.

mathhog

A HISTORICAL REVIEW: TENNIE IN THE TOURNEY
2008 - possible #1 seed, #1 in the country for a day, wins sec outright..... squeaks by a coach who was forced out, lose to a 39-year old wunderkind coach that told your senior to STFU!
2007 - lose to #6 seed LSU (absolute worst team in the league), a team that's coach is fired 7 sec games later!
2006 - after winning the seceast, lose to NIT "champ" south carolina in humiliating fashion.  bruce begins his long history of tourney failing!
2005 - awful 6 win sec season (buzz's last) leads to quarterfinal beatdown by kentucky
2004 - ...
2003 - ...
2002 - ...
2001 - MORE OF THE SAME!

SwinerBock

Quote from: HeyBC on March 16, 2008, 02:07:52 am
He's that classy, huh? It's too bad UT and Ark are in different divisions and only get to play once a year. I think this could be a budding rivalry. Pelphrey is the only coach trying to do something similar to what Pearl is doing re: style of play. I look forward to it.
No offense, but this is big-boy basketball.  You want class?  Go cheer for Harvard or Princeton or somesuch.

As to Pelphrey's style, yes it will most definitely lend to some great games in the future, much like the Arkansas - Kentucky games in the early to mid 90's. 

As an aside to anyone reading this, I've watch the STFU clip over and over.  I'm not sure Pelphrey is looking at J.Smith.  Seems to me he is looking farther down the sideline... like at Pearl maybe.

mathhog

Dooshbags,

It's already been won.

Wait wait... so you won your first sec title in 44 YEARS and you're bragging?

we've been in the league for 16 and have more than that!

crowe6_1

Dooshbags,

It's already been won.

If it's not important, why bother showing up? Why you still crying over your loss

mathhog

Dooshbags,

It's already been won.

Wait... i'm confused... arkansas has already won this so-called "one sec title" many times before, even though we've been in the league for about 16 years....   why should we be impressed at tennie's first ever title?

CHOKE!

CHOKE!

VOLS ALWAYS CHOKE!

get a #1, then LOSE THE NEXT DAY!

CHOKE!

HeyBC

Yeah, our SEC tournament history is beyond abysmal. At least we didn't lose to Georgia like Little Blue did.

crowe6_1

why bother showing up if its no big deal. why you still crying over the loss

idiotghos

crowe6_1

BC. why don't you go back to your Tennessee board and sob with the other losers (fans) while we stay here and chat about our SEC championship game tomorrow!!!

Hoggy1

Dooshbags,

It's already been won.

what the hell is  DOOSHbag?  Vol fans can't spell either?
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

HeyBC

I thought the point of discussion boards was to discuss things. I'm not crying over losing a game in the Money Grab Invitational. Just thought it might be fun to mix it up with the fans of the team that got a tough win over my team today. So if you don't discuss things, what exactly do you do here?

UltimateHog

Because Tenn basketball fans have never won anything, and they have no idea how to deal with this type of stuff.

Remember, their almighty reg season title in the weakest SEC in years, is the only thing their basketball program has. period.

THEY'VE NEVER EVEN BEEN TO A FINAL 4.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

mathhog

Quote from: HeyBC on March 16, 2008, 02:35:52 am
Yeah, our SEC tournament history is beyond abysmal. At least we didn't lose to Georgia like Little Blue did.

no, i dont think you guys understand

TENNESSEE HAS NEVER MADE IT TO A SATURDAY, EVER, NOT ONCE, SINCE THE ADDITION OF ARKANSAS TO THE LEAGUE.  ZERO TIMES.

UNTIL TODAY.

Did your guys get a widdle nervous heybc? 

good luck in the ncaas, hope you don't draw mighty winthrop or wichita state again, otherwise your 2 seed will be toast! (again, just like '06)

crowe6_1

The point is to discuss things. But we're not a shoulder to cry on.

You can call a squirral anything, but he's still a squirral. Buddy, Your crying!!!

mathhog

Quote from: UltimateHog on March 16, 2008, 02:41:05 am
Because Tenn basketball fans have never won anything, and they have no idea how to deal with this type of stuff.

Remember, their almighty reg season title in the weakest SEC in years, is the only thing their basketball program has. period.

THEY'VE NEVER EVEN BEEN TO A FINAL 4.

Arkansas has been to 6 final fours in 3 decades, 2 olympians in another decade, and nba lottery picks the last 4 decades.
Arkansas went to 6 Sweet Sixteens -- IN SEVEN YEARS ('90-'96)

Tennessee's greatest season was..... a sweet 16 last year... where they blew a 20 pt 2nd half lead, the single largest meltdown in ncaa history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 GO VOLS!

TENNIE HAS THE 2ND GREATEST TRADITION, YOUR BOARDS WERE RIGHT!

Hoggy1

Quote from: Fed on March 16, 2008, 02:46:26 am
Get this man a graham cracker .. STAT

Maybe we should get Tenn. an SEC tourney championship....

NAH! Everyone knows that could take forever!

crowe6_1

Quote from: Fed on March 16, 2008, 02:46:26 am
Get this man a graham cracker .. STAT

it's ok man. yall can't win them all. actually yall can't win any.

HeyBC

Quote from: mathhog on March 16, 2008, 02:42:16 am
no, i dont think you guys understand

TENNESSEE HAS NEVER MADE IT TO A SATURDAY, EVER, NOT ONCE, SINCE THE ADDITION OF ARKANSAS TO THE LEAGUE.  ZERO TIMES.

UNTIL TODAY.

Did your guys get a widdle nervous heybc? 

good luck in the ncaas, hope you don't draw mighty winthrop or wichita state again, otherwise your 2 seed will be toast! (again, just like '06)

Sorry if you slept through the 2007 tournament while you guys were busy hiring Dana Altman. OOOOPS!!! In case you missed it, UT made it to the sweet 16. Lost to Ohio State and their two lottery picks by a point.  Winning basketball is kind of rare in East TN but it's here to stay.

Hoggy1

Quote from: crowe6_1 on March 16, 2008, 02:49:31 am
it's ok man. yall can't win them all. actually yall can't win any.

Who are we fooling?!?!?! Tenn hasn't even had a chance to win anything!

March Madness is to Tennessee as Kryptonite is to Superman

UltimateHog

The difference here:

Tenn fans: We made it to the Sweet 16!

Ark fans: Big deal, we've lost count on how many we've been to.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

HeyBC

Quote from: UltimateHog on March 16, 2008, 03:07:43 am
The difference here:

Tenn fans: We made it to the Sweet 16!

Ark fans: Big deal, we've lost count on how many we've been to.

So you have trouble counting? Well, I thought that was just an Arkansas stereotype.

Hoggy1

Quote from: HeyBC on March 16, 2008, 03:09:01 am
So you have trouble counting? Well, I thought that was just an Arkansas stereotype.

The only reason you say that is because Tenn has nothing to worry about having to count....still stuck on 0

HeyBC

We can count to the number 1 which was our position in the SEC.

SPAL

you know...UT has some very good basketball players. They have some guys who can drain from deep and they have some bigs that can hit just about any type of shot they want to. Truth be told, if they are on, they can beat anybody in the country. They have a very good chance to make a deep run in the tourney and could very well make it to the final 4....with that being said, i cant stand that bunch and it was never more joyous today when i saw lofton miss that shot which sent that pompus jackarse, jujuan smith, back to knoxville.

Arkansas is back

SPAL

SigHog87

HeyBC

Let's compare seeds tomorrow night and see if it did us any good.

Hoggy1

Quote from: HeyBC on March 16, 2008, 03:11:39 am
We can count to the number 1 which was our position in the SEC.

key word, WAS

please stop, you're making yourself look very dumb.

HeyBC

Quote from: SigHog87 on March 16, 2008, 03:15:56 am
Past tense.

Wrong, the championship stays in Knoxville until the end of SEC play next year. It might still be there then.

SigHog87

Quote from: HeyBC on March 16, 2008, 03:17:08 am
Wrong, the championship stays in Knoxville until the end of SEC play next year. It might still be there then.

Came out of your keyboard...

just sayin'

Hoggy1

what championship? You moron nobody remembers the regular season SEC champs, without looking you couldnt tell me the past 5 regular season champs. 

If that is a title you are proud of, the UT basketball program is ALOT worse than i thought.

Fed

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on March 16, 2008, 03:20:00 am
what championship? You moron nobody remembers the regular season SEC champs, without looking you couldnt tell me the past 5 regular season champs. 

If that is a title you are proud of, the UT basketball program is ALOT worse than i thought.

hopeless.

there. is. only. one. conference. champion.

SPAL

why are u so proud of winning the SEC? Anybody will tell you that the SEC is down more so than it ever has been. Congrats on your winning the SEC. But honestly, if you win the special olympics, arent u still mentally challeneged?

Arkansas has won more titles against harder leagues, much harder.

HeyBC

How many leagues have you been in? I don't remember anything before the Southwest Conference.

SigHog87

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 16, 2008, 03:23:14 am
why are u so proud of winning the SEC? Anybody will tell you that the SEC is down more so than it ever has been. Congrats on your winning the SEC. But honestly, if you win the special olympics, arent u still mentally challeneged?

Arkansas has won more titles against harder leagues, much harder.

reminded me of this

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: HeyBC on March 16, 2008, 03:28:08 am
How many leagues have you been in? I don't remember anything before the Southwest Conference.

Well then obviously you forgot about the NOTES.

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Fed on March 16, 2008, 03:21:49 am

hopeless.

there. is. only. one. conference. champion.

And that is important because they give automatic invitations to the "only.one.conference.champion" don't they...wait.  They don't.  It appears that the "regular season" only sets the seed for the tourney.  Nice.  Enjoy your trophy.  You will have time to polish it tomorrow.
Retired Radio Host

Fed

Quote from: uglyuncle on March 16, 2008, 03:33:19 am
And that is important because they give automatic invitations to the "only.one.conference.champion" don't they...wait.  They don't.  It appears that the "regular season" only sets the seed for the tourney.  Nice.  Enjoy your trophy.  You will have time to polish it tomorrow.

no problem

#1 seed will be nice as well.

Lando Calrissian

As stated on the Raycom broadcast:  Every conference is REQUIRED to deliver their conference's automatic bid by 5pm on Sunday (today).

The SEC has yet do that.

Hmmmm, wonder why?

Oh, that's right.  Because the games are played ON THE COURT.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Ugly Uncle

Yeah, that number 2 seed has never been nice to you.  Hope you guys don't embarrass our league again like you have done in the past.
Retired Radio Host

SigHog87

Fed

Yes, I would hate for the Vols to have come up small in the largest televised game in ESPN history.

Terrible for the league.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Fed on March 16, 2008, 03:37:57 am
Yes, I would hate for the Vols to have come up small in the largest televised game in ESPN history.

Terrible for the league.

That is nice.  Good win for the SEC.  The SEC should beat a team from a mid-major.  Memphis is good though.  Probably really good.  You guys just seem to melt when it is win or go home.  Sad really. 
Retired Radio Host

rcj001

faulknercohog

If I remember correctly there was an article in a national publication about the best Basketball programs of all time a couple of years ago, Kentucky was #1,
and Arkansas was #8. I did not see the Vols in it anywhere.

bigred06

Quote from: HogMavFan on March 15, 2008, 09:21:32 pm
The Vols did not choke. They played their best and we still beat them. That is even better than them choking. We finally are starting to play to our potential.

p.s. Jujuan is a dooshbag

I feel the same way. Both teams played their best, and our best was better than theirs.  This whole, "UT choked," mentality is sickening.  We are the Hogs.  We beat teams, they do not choke, they are not overrated, as some like to chant, we simply beat them. 
Both teams made clutch plays down the stretch and the Hogs simply beat, I repeat, BEAT UT.  I am, as I have said before today (or yesterday), so happy to have seen such a great college game, period.  Had the Hogs lost, I would have still looked back on this game fondly knowing that both teams played a great and exhilarating game. But the victory makes this game that much better.
This tournament, overall, has been the most memorable in years.  Let's just hope we can close it out tomorrow.
GHG,
BR06
If God had meant for Texans to ski, he would have made cow-chit white.